[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

The part of paner: the father gave her love  potion to gain myh’s love

part of newbie is basically her declinations of marrying 8th prince as she knows he has heart for others n she’s the same for LS.

part of xt barging into LS room: how dare of u finding a foreign mistress?! LS: are u jealous?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlight of this week's episodes: Xiao Tan calling MLC as Cheng Cheng. :wub: I can't wait to see her get jealous because of that foreign princess. Like it's due time cus she has 3 guys fawning over her right now. I guess we are going to see that scene in the MV where she pushes him down and kisses him while stripping his clothes off. :D

Unlike in season 1, where Xiao Tan was the focus of the show, I feel like the main-main character of season 2 is Cheng Cheng. He's the only one who remembers season 1 events while Xiao Tan is just reacting to things that Cheng Cheng makes happen. She doesn't really initiate any major plot points. Cheng Cheng is literally hard carrying the whole 8th Prince Crew. Like 8th Prince has it so easy. LOL. His older self from a parallel world just solves everything for him while incognito as Liu Shang. I wish my older self from a parallel world could come help me. 

Also, I feel so bad for Mo Yi Huai. Like I know my boi can't get Xiao Tan or Tan Er but why they gotta torture him even more. I want the actor to be the main character in another historical drama. So handsome. They could cast Jing Xin's actress as his female lead! I think they'd look cute together (excuse my delusions). 

3 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Highlight of this week's episodes: Xiao Tan calling MLC as Cheng Cheng. :wub: I can't wait to see her get jealous because of that foreign princess. Like it's due time cus she has 3 guys fawning over her right now. I guess we are going to see that scene in the MV where she pushes him down and kisses him while stripping his clothes off. :D

Unlike in season 1, where Xiao Tan was the focus of the show, I feel like the main-main character of season 2 is Cheng Cheng. He's the only one who remembers season 1 events while Xiao Tan is just reacting to things that Cheng Cheng makes happen. She doesn't really initiate any major plot points. Cheng Cheng is literally hard carrying the whole 8th Prince Crew. Like 8th Prince has it so easy. LOL. His older self from a parallel world just solves everything for him while incognito as Liu Shang. I wish my older self from a parallel world could come help me. 

Also, I feel so bad for Mo Yi Huai. Like I know my boi can't get Xiao Tan or Tan Er but why they gotta torture him even more. I want the actor to be the main character in another historical drama. So handsome. They could cast Jing Xin's actress as his female lead! I think they'd look cute together (excuse my delusions). 

Me too Iove Chengcheng but mo yi huai character is so sad I want him to have a happy ending just not with the sister He loves Taner so much but in both universe he doesn't get her and tricked by evil

15 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Have you seen his movie The Ferryman Manjusaka? 

2 hours ago, Yessica Vargas said:

On youtube they say in a comment that the foreign princess is xiao tan from season 1 they will have a daughter too!!!!

I don’t think I would like that twist very much :( that’s just way too many disguises to me 

4 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Anyone wanna do this week's recap? I haven't seen the new episodes yet. I'm not sure if I have time this week or next week at all. :grimace:Sorry about that. If I am able to somehow, I'll let you guys know.

I can try to do ep 13 at some point today :)  I probably won’t do as great of a job as you and I’m watching with viet subtitles but I’ll give it a try 

Hello, I'm new to the "The Eternal Love" gang! Hehe. I was roaming around Viki & saw The Eternal Love 2 and decided to watch Season 1. Oh boy, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I don't watch Chinese drama often but I truly believe this is one of the best historical/ time traveling Chinese drama out there.

Soooo, I want to know what are you guys theories on Season 1 Xiao Tan. I've been seeing comments saying that she disappear or gone forever but I truly don't think so b/c at the end of S1, you see that she went back to her world where she was wearing a red dress (which was when she disappear in the first place) & MLC came running for her... I don't really know what to think about this topic but time traveling and time warping and all those topics are confusing to me. :lol:

mu6MUCO.jpg

2 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Say what now??? That's a real twist if that's true.

I don’t really believe the youtubers’ comments and plots speculations from most of the posted vids. It didn’t sound too convincing to me so far. Especially the part of the real tan er is now living in the body of the new princess. If that’s tan er wouldn’t she go for myh instead of LS? I’d wait n go for official leaks.:sweat_smile:

just happened to see one vid which sed how they traveled back in the modern world in the end n had a dreamlike wedding whereas big bro remained single throughout his life at dong yue.:sweat:

but i welcome the idea.

13th episode recap. I think that's all I have time for today :)

Spoiler

XT and 8th prince are leaving the palace after the emperor is called away because of the concubine. XT sees the palace maids bringing in dishes of food for the concubine and questions why she's eating things like crab. She tells the 8th prince that from what she hears if the concubine is pregnant, she should be watching what she eats and should be avoiding these foods. She also points out that the emperor visits the concubine every night. XT says that based on her drama watching, women in the palace avoid hmmm hmm (she then clarifies by saying "sharing a bed"). The prince comments on her knowledge of these things and then says that they should go back and tell LS about what they've seen.

The concubine's maid overhears this conversation and goes back to tell the concubine who meanwhile is doing some sort of dance (which I'm going to assume is them symbolically getting it on). 

Back at 8th prince manor, 8th prince, LS and XT are in the study talking about the events of the day. 8th prince tells XT to tell LS her thoughts. So she tells him what she feels similar to what she tells 8th prince at the palace but uses modern day language. LS smiles at what she says and in his thoughts, 8th prince wonders why LS understands what XT is saying but he doesn't at all. XT then says, as parents, you should be treating them like precious treasure. LS responds saying (*I might not be translating this right*) "Yes, XT is right. A mother does do everything to protect their child. This reminds me of my wife and son. My wife was active but when she became pregnant she became very careful. She also loved to eat spicy foods but then changed to more plain foods. Even during her last days, she always thought of our son." 8th prince then asks what happened to LS family and he responds with "My son is in another world and my wife no longer remembers me" and he looks at XT. XT is touched by his story and 8th prince has that jealous look on his face and tells Yuhao to take XT back because it's late. 

The next day, XT goes to clean the study and notices that 8th prince is in the study. He is looking at a painting he made and she compliments his knowledge using modern language but he doesn't understand what she means. She uses the painting he made when he was young but he says that he's never told her that he painted it. She back peddles and says she just guessed. As the prince is talking XT says that MLC and 8th prince's thought process are the same. She mentions what LS has been teaching her, 8th prince gets jealous and grabs her and says "I told you to watch LS, I didn't tell you to think of him. I've been to lenient with you for you to think it's ok for you to mention another man in front of me. Do you not understand my feelings for you? I want your heart to belong to me only." She tells him it's complicated and he says that he can wait for her answer. He leaves. She says that he's cocky in how he expresses his feelings. She then questions why she thinks of MLC so much. 

The next scene, everyone is having a meal at the palace to welcome a foreign person (looks like he's from where that foreign princess will be coming from). XT and LS are with 8th prince. 8th prince notices that 1st prince is looking at XT and they start making snide remarks. XT goes to 1st prince and says that she's sorry she mislead him but she mistook him for the wrong person. He asks what she's saying and then 8th prince calls her back. He says that dinner will not be served for a while so she can take this dessert that he prepared especially for her if she's hungry. 1st prince says that XT would not like such a commoner dessert. XT then whispers to the dessert not to pay attention to that, she loves it. LS then gives XT a jade pendant. So the three men are trying to give her things to win her. 

The concubine notices this bantering so she suggests an archery competition using XT as the prize to be taken as either the 1st prince or 8th prince's concubine. XT is not impressed. 

That evening, 8th prince is reading as he is going to bed and a needle dart hits him and makes him unconscious. The next morning Yuhao is surprised that the prince is not awake even though he has a routine. They break into the room and see that the prince is unconscious. XT is worried because her life is in his hands. LS tells Yuhao to take XT to the competition field and he'll try to revive the prince. LS then realizes that the prince has been hit with a type of poison that will leave him unconscious for a whole day. He then looks at the bow and arrow and goes to touch it. It's clear that he's going to go and compete instead of the prince. 

At the field, everyone is waiting for the 8th prince and the emperor points out that he's late. Concubine makes a snide remark that he probably thinks lowly of XT and doesn't want her. MLC as the 8th prince arrives and makes the excuse that he was getting rid of wild animals to protect the emperor. It's then discovered that it was the foreign guy that knocked the prince out, so he's surprised that the prince made it to the field. 

XT is happy that the prince arrived and he says "of course I would come." XT doesn't realize that it's MLC. 1st prince takes the first shot and hits the mark. The episode ends with MLC riding the horse preparing to take his shot and he winks at XT. 

im Enjoying this show would its still weaker then season 1 for me. 

I ship her with both versions of him though its hard ;p 

On 11/3/2018 at 8:49 AM, monchoo said:

According to sources she will eventually remembers everything. But I’m kind of hoping that everyone appears in the modern world as an ending;) 

And here’s the latest love confession of his undying love to her! Just scroll down and click into the screen which they kissed. https://m.weibo.cn/u/3616300095?is_all=1&jumpfrom=weibocom&refer_flag=1005055010_

hopefully it’s accessible to all as we are all so agitated of how they officially load the next wk eps trailers bit by bit. 

I’ll only translate his last sentence of all he confessed: “u dun have to trouble urself with thoughts. You’ll only have one solution. That’s to love me. I’ll never let u escaped ever again”

nope i dont want everyone in the modern world at all i want them to explore the fantasy world more ;p 

On 11/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, monchoo said:

According to sources she will eventually remembers everything. But I’m kind of hoping that everyone appears in the modern world as an ending;) 

And here’s the latest love confession of his undying love to her! Just scroll down and click into the screen which they kissed. https://m.weibo.cn/u/3616300095?is_all=1&jumpfrom=weibocom&refer_flag=1005055010_

hopefully it’s accessible to all as we are all so agitated of how they officially load the next wk eps trailers bit by bit. 

I’ll only translate his last sentence of all he confessed: “u dun have to trouble urself with thoughts. You’ll only have one solution. That’s to love me. I’ll never let u escaped ever again”

I hope she do remember everything eventually even though she's not the real real XT from season 1. I know they're the same person but i want S1 XT bc she's the one from the start. Am i the only one who's devastated bc of this?  :bawling: 

1 hour ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

I hope she do remember everything eventually even though she's not the real real XT from season 1. I know they're the same person but i want S1 XT bc she's the one from the start. Am i the only one who's devastated bc of this?  :bawling: 

I would rather her remember everything than have the foreign princess be her. Anything but that really lol.

is anybody wondering how come they don't include the evil side story to Season 2?  In season 1, even though the three crazy eyes people popped up once in a while..but it showed there's more to the other world.  It's been 16 episodes and we only get nothing....I hope they don't bombard us with it for the last couple of episodes. 

1 hour ago, joohoney1hunnit said:

I want s1 XT as well but dont think its happened so shes all alone? 

Just started ep 1 of season 2, and immediately getting slapped in the face by all the feels. Mo Lian Cheng, be my boyfriend! :bawling:  I mean, I didn’t even think he was hot when I started the drama, but the charisma! The smirking! The broad shoulders! I’m melting. 

I told myself to wait until season 2 wrapped, but who am I kidding? haha. Especially since I also just  watched Accidentally in Love with Jing Xin actress - love her, SO cute. 

21 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Urgh! To find that Mo Li Huai gets a richard simmons time of it again though. :confounded:You bastards!! Cdramas can be so fluffy sometimes, so I was hoping to see Mo Li Huai and Tan Er in another universe happily married.  Or why couldn’t they have bloody promoted him to/revealed him to be a spirit world guy at the end of season 1 and have him live up in spirit Rivendell with Qu Tan Er?

17 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

. I guess we are going to see that scene in the MV where she pushes him down and kisses him while stripping his clothes off. :D

I feel pervy saying this, but I must see that scene! :D

6 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Have you seen his movie The Ferryman Manjusaka? 

I've skimmed it but the plotline was kinda too weird for me to understand and his styling there isn't as good as it is in The Eternal Love. He suits this half up hair really well. Like omg. I always thought Cheng Cheng in season 1 was more handsome but Mo Yi Huai season 2 is bae.

1 hour ago, golinda27 said:

I would rather her remember everything than have the foreign princess be her. Anything but that really lol.

Same. That's just too much. What I do want is for Tan and Cheng to somehow travel back to season 1 timeline but with a timeskip and see their son, but he's all grown up and coincidentally looks exactly like the Liu Shang mask. :D That would be a good Easter egg. 

1 hour ago, cantbreathe said:

Just started ep 1 of season 2, and immediately getting slapped in the face by all the feels. Mo Lian Cheng, be my boyfriend! :bawling:  I mean, I didn’t even think he was hot when I started the drama, but the charisma! The smirking! The broad shoulders! I’m melting. 

I told myself to wait until season 2 wrapped, but who am I kidding? haha. Especially since I also just  watched Accidentally in Love with Jing Xin actress - love her, SO cute. 

Urgh! To find that Mo Li Huai gets a richard simmons time of it again though. :confounded:You bastards!! Cdramas can be so fluffy sometimes, so I was hoping to see Mo Li Huai and Tan Er in another universe happily married.  Or why couldn’t they have bloody promoted him to/revealed him to be a spirit world guy at the end of season 1 and have him live up in spirit Rivendell with Qu Tan Er?

I feel pervy saying this, but I must see that scene! :D

Not pervy at all! I just hope they follow through lol!

6 hours ago, golinda27 said:

I can try to do ep 13 at some point today :)  I probably won’t do as great of a job as you and I’m watching with viet subtitles but I’ll give it a try 

Thank you so much for the recap. :wub: I also rely on vietsub but I only understand at least 60-70% of the context unless they start putting more political and fantasy terminologies it gets even harder for me. I literally have to pause at every sentence to read. :crazy:  I like how your recap is very succinct, I made mine way too long lol :sweatingbullets: 

Archived