Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember seeing a post asking if anyone could make HuaZe Lei gifs, so here are some...  P.S. I had to upload the rest under spoiler so this post doesn't get too long.      

What in the world this show is doing to me??? Who in the hell invented that freaking hotpot?? I'm going to kill that person. Seriously why is this soooo painful. Why am I crying this much??? Who opene

@bccem99 this really is the best version of DS. I really liked that he’s also a top student in this one and takes his studies seriously. In one of the episodes Ximen and Meizuo asked him where he’d be

30 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Oh and Mei Zuo is getting a love interest as well?? That's actually nice, he is my second favourite F4 character after Si. Hehe. 

 

I like that too.  I love how the bromance is much stronger in this version and the other two boys have more screen time rather than just background wallpaper for the main F2.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

why dont u like Shan Cai with Lei?

Because she is meant to be with Si. LOL.

 

Lei is a good guy as well, I don't deny that, but it's just that seeing Si in deeply and madly in love only with her from the beginning made me want to root for him. I know you didn't ask that question to me, but that's my answer anyways. Lolol. 

 

@lan_lan Agreed. I also admit that I didn't feel the bromance at the first few eps. Thought Korean version showed the friendship among the F4 in a nice manner. From the first ep, you can feel the cameraderie of the four boys. I thought it was lacking in this version, but they managed to slowly built it up. Especially in the recent eps, they were good. The ep when Si came back from London and apologized to Lei and the other two filming it was cute.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

why dont u like Shan Cai with Lei?

I dunno something about it just doesnt fit with me i feel like she would always be second compared to Jing. While Si will love her and only her thats what i believe at least. I also think that Lei is a bit of richard simmons for trying to be with her when he knows how much SI is into her. 

 

 

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

Because she is meant to be with Si. LOL.

 

Lei is a good guy as well, I don't deny that, but it's just that seeing Si in deeply and madly in love only with her from the beginning made me want to root for him. I know you didn't ask that question to me, but that's my answer anyways. Lolol. 

The bit i hated which turned me off Lei is when he returns he tried to take Shan Cai and made Si jealous i really did not like that.

 

3 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

 

I like that too.  I love how the bromance is much stronger in this version and the other two boys have more screen time rather than just background wallpaper for the main F2.  

 

So in the other versions the other 2 are barely seen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wotad said:

 

 

The bit i hated which turned me off Lei is when he returns he tried to take Shan Cai and made Si jealous i really did not like that.

 

 

 

Apparently he did that to push Si and Shan Cai together. To make them realize their feelings for each other. That kiss though....is definitely wrong and he did it in a impulse. I would cut him some slack because he was heartbroken and has no one beside him who would understand his feelings better than her. 

 

But I agree with you that Shan Cai will always be second to him compared to Jing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wotad said:

So in the other versions the other 2 are barely seen? 

 

They were there but they weren't as fleshed out as here.  I mean eventually we get the "tea couple" storyline for Ximen, but I felt Mei Zou in the other versions just ended up fading out by the end.  It was like the two of them were there when it was convenient for those shows to present them as a group.  

 

Whereas here we got a lot more scenes of them doing things with each other, for example, dating tips when DMS was the girl to their guy lol, the Bridge club hangouts, constantly teasing DMS about Shancai, being in the middle when DMS and Lei were mad at each other, now more teasing of DMS about Shancai during the cooking competition.  I just like that a lot because it reinforces their bond even more.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Apparently he did that to push Si and Shan Cai together. To make them realize their feelings for each other. That kiss though....is definitely wrong and he did it in a impulse. I would cut him some slack because he was heartbroken and has no one beside him who would understand his feelings better than her. 

 

But I agree with you that Shan Cai will always be second to him compared to Jing. 

Eh i dont believe he was not into her and he kissed her and was out to win her i believe. In other scene's we see them together a bit in the trailer where it seem's a bit past just friendship. He kissed her not knowing Si was going to be there.

 

 

Song playlist i love 2/3 the most. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I just started watching this drama and loving it so much. I usually wait until they complete airing and subs are all out but this drama is just so cute, like the other drama she was in recently. So, I'm watching it raw and watching it again once the subs are out, just because I LOVE IT so much :wub:. Anyways, it seems like there are two, maybe three, different versions of this drama depending on the network they're on. So my question is, if I choose one over the other, am I missing anything?  'cause I read somewhere that some networks in China are super conservative and they edit out scenes they think are inappropriate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.  Just finished watching episode 14 in Netflix.  I was wondering if anyone can help me.  The bridge match between Lei, Shancai, Si and Zuo — why does does it seem familiar? I feel like I’ve seen it in a kdrama but I just can’t remember.  Anyone remember?

 

Anyways IMO, the last four episodes felt like filler episodes.  It felt draggy compared to the first 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ilu2 said:

Hi guys,

I just started watching this drama and loving it so much. I usually wait until they complete airing and subs are all out but this drama is just so cute, like the other drama she was in recently. So, I'm watching it raw and watching it again once the subs are out, just because I LOVE IT so much :wub:. Anyways, it seems like there are two, maybe three, different versions of this drama depending on the network they're on. So my question is, if I choose one over the other, am I missing anything?  'cause I read somewhere that some networks in China are super conservative and they edit out scenes they think are inappropriate. 

 

Hi I did a comparison during the first week because I noticed Netflix was cutting off differently from the live broadcast and can confirm that there aren't any changes.  For some reason the TV version's episodes lengths were divided up unevenly (1st ep was over one hour long) but once Netflix uploads, the episodes are evenly divided up into around 45 minutes long.  So if anything Netflix is just a little behind by around 5-10 minutes vs. the live episodes, but there are no cutting or changing of scenes.

 

This MV is really cute set to the FTLY theme song.

 

   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@lan_lan Thanks for sharing that mv. And great now I want to rewatch FTLY. Lol. But no time though, I'm busy watching and rewatching meteor garden. I think i'm kinda addicted to this show. I need to wait two more days for the subbed eps. I can't even....

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@kokodus Same here!  I've been replaying the face drawing scenes and when he jumped out of his chair from excitement that she won a special prize and had to be held back by his friends over and over again.  Can't seem to concentrate on anything else, it's so bad for my personal life lol.  You have to be strong and not watch the raws tomorrow because it's so much sweeter seeing scenes for the first time in HD with subs hehe.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@lan_lan Haha those are my fav moments as well. I also love that time freeze talk and when he made funny faces at Shan cai's opponent when she was giving her winning speech. LOL he is so petty and a 5 year old at heart...And I don't know whether I'll be able to wait for the subbed eps this week. People who know me say that my patience level is of the size of a peanut. Lol. I should also refrain from coming to this thread.....no no no. I don't know. Gahhhhhhhhhh. 

 

I love how it's also popular in other sites like Dramabeans and MDL. Actually only in soompi it's being talked less. Sighhhh. I also want to know how it's doing in China. How do the Chinese audience feel about our new Si puppy??

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That moment when Shan Cai closed her eyes, expecting him to kiss her, but he pulled back was done so well. Many, including me, was unhappy about that borderline sexual harrasment in one of the initial eps. But now I feel so proud of him that he held back and didn't take advantage of that moment. He is growing up so well. I totally thought and wanted them to have a kiss in that scene but I'm even more happy that it didn't happen. Lol. I think their real proper kiss should happen after she confess her feelings to  him. I also wouldn't mind if she is the one who initites it this time around. There is a scene in one of the MVs I watched (apparently I have watched a lot of them) where she pulls his tie and gets him closer to plant a kiss on his lips. I so can't wait for that scene to happen. And from what I noticed from watching all these MVs, there is a hella lot of kisses waiting for us. YAyyyy. But there are also evil mother in law's, arranged marriages and Noble idiocy in the line. SIGH. I just want to protect these puppies from the outside world. Can I put them in my pocket and take them elsewhere?? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan Thanks for sharing that mv. And great now I want to rewatch FTLY. Lol. But no time though, I'm busy watching and rewatching meteor garden. I think i'm kinda addicted to this show. I need to wait two more days for the subbed eps. I can't even....

 

whats FTLY?

43 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan Haha those are my fav moments as well. I also love that time freeze talk and when he made funny faces at Shan cai's opponent when she was giving her winning speech. LOL he is so petty and a 5 year old at heart...And I don't know whether I'll be able to wait for the subbed eps this week. People who know me say that my patience level is of the size of a peanut. Lol. I should also refrain from coming to this thread.....no no no. I don't know. Gahhhhhhhhhh. 

 

I love how it's also popular in other sites like Dramabeans and MDL. Actually only in soompi it's being talked less. Sighhhh. I also want to know how it's doing in China. How do the Chinese audience feel about our new Si puppy??

 

I cant find Online Rating's but for TV it so far has a average 0.986 and 1.093 between two channels , Legend of Fuyao has 0.815 and 0.482 , Sweet dreams has 0.977 and 1.599. 

 

Compared them to other popular drama's atm. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wotad The ratings are not bad I guess. Thanks for researching it for me. Hehe. I also read somewhere that there is going to be a movie sequel for this.....how great that would be?? I totally want that to happen. 

FTLY = Fated to Love you. It's an old Taiwanese drama starring Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen. I only had the opportunity to watch it recently and I loved it. I Highly recommend this one.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Wotad The ratings are not bad I guess. Thanks for researching it for me. Hehe. I also read somewhere that there is going to be a movie sequel for this.....how great that would be?? I totally want that to happen. 

FTLY = Fated to Love you. It's an old Taiwanese drama starring Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen. I only had the opportunity to watch it recently and I loved it. I Highly recommend this one.  

 

Why not a season two ;p

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kokodus I've read that these days for China tv a 2.0 is considered extremely high ratings, so to be fair for MG I think it's holding on pretty well with those numbers, especially since it's being aired after prime time at 10pm at night.  Whereas Sweet Dreams is aired during primetime at 8pm.  Also online viewings for MG has reached 1 billions as of 7/18.

 

Right now the boys are doing a lot of promotions for the show.  They're on a country wide fan meeting tour at the moment.  Too bad Shenyue can't join because she's busy filming her new drama.  I'll bring over and share a bunch of photos and vids from one of the show's fan pages for you guys to boost up this thread hehe.

 

Speaking of FTLY, you should check out My Queen too.  That's the other popular drama with Ethan in it and he's much more good looking there lol.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..