[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda disappointed about this drama... At first when i saw the previews i was super excited since i love the story and watched all the versions and not even longtime ago i was watching the korean version again! I think they changed way too much in the story, Shang Cai didn't even get really hurt at the beginning to the point she wanted to leave the school so badly (not like in the other versions), also we don't even know how Dao Ming Si fell in love with her (felt like it came out of no where), also can't see the huge social status difference between F4 and others (btw Shang Cai doesn't seem as poor as in the other versions). Also, i don't like her mummy LOL her voice is so annoying and btw why did they add a Qing He (Shang Cai's bestfriend)... ok so well i'm still watching it but it's just meh

@lan_lan really?

I just started watching and finished episode 1 but I am not liking it.

The voice dubbing.

The so called "dashing" F4.

Must be generation gap.

I don't find the 4 little boys handsome.  :sweatingbullets:

When another girl was "introducing" the F4 gang to Shan Cai and her friends.. I choked.

Should I continue to give these 4 little boys a chance and continue episode 2?

Hey 11 and 12 had it's cute moments and all that, but I was expecting a confession from Shan Cai after he came back from London. Didn't she miss him a lot? Sighhh. They are purposely dragging out the confirmation of feelings part. Now that she is indebted to him, she will only restrict herself from saying her feelings out loud to him. Also this boy is worried about getting his Mom's permission, shouldn't you be worried about whether she really loves you or not, first?? Arent you getting too ahead of yourself, Mr. Pineapple head??? 

Who is this chef guy?? Was he in the MG original?? Thought they spent too much time on him and his lobster. Give me more of my Si and Shan Cai moments, show. Dammit. Loved the cheek kiss. Eeeeeeeeee. Love how his eyes softens whenever he looks at her. I've said it before, and I'll say it again Dylan is so awesome and handsome. Hahaha. 

2 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

I'm kinda disappointed about this drama... At first when i saw the previews i was super excited since i love the story and watched all the versions and not even longtime ago i was watching the korean version again! I think they changed way too much in the story, Shang Cai didn't even get really hurt at the beginning to the point she wanted to leave the school so badly (not like in the other versions), also we don't even know how Dao Ming Si fell in love with her (felt like it came out of no where), also can't see the huge social status difference between F4 and others (btw Shang Cai doesn't seem as poor as in the other versions). Also, i don't like her mummy LOL her voice is so annoying and btw why did they add a Qing He (Shang Cai's bestfriend)... ok so well i'm still watching it but it's just meh

I think they changed it to fit with today's standards and i think it suits today's age, have you seen Shang Cai's house and her dad just lost alot of money. She is incredibly poor you must be blind not seeing that. Qing He was in past versions as well. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Garden Chen Qing He , (manga character was Kazuya Aoike)He is a childhood school friend of Shancai whose father gains a sudden fortune and joins her school. He is also in love with Shancai but is willing to stay her friend only.

I think you are sort of blind hating.

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Hey 11 and 12 had it's cute moments and all that, but I was expecting a confession from Shan Cai after he came back from London. Didn't she miss him a lot? Sighhh. They are purposely dragging out the confirmation of feelings part. Now that she is indebted to him, she will only restrict herself from saying her feelings out loud to him. Also this boy is worried about getting his Mom's permission, shouldn't you be worried about whether she really loves you or not, first?? Arent you getting too ahead of yourself, Mr. Pineapple head??? 

Who is this chef guy?? Was he in the MG original?? Thought they spend too much time on him and his lobster. Give me more of my Si and Shan Cai moments, show. Dammit. Loved the cheek kiss. Eeeeeeeeee. Love how his eyes softens whenever he looks at her. I've said it before, and I'll say it again Dylan is so awesome and handsome. Hahaha. 

I think its fine that a confession is a bit stalled out i prefer to see them fall for each other more then get a confession. 

@mrsj3n The K version BOF was what got me hooked onto kdramas years ago, which then led me to watch the J version HanaDan and reading the whole manga.  So my continuation of it at first was due to nostalgia reasons.    

But I liked the female lead since watching her in A Love So Beautiful and find her adorable.  Then after watching a few episodes I really liked how the male lead portrayed his character, and I'm obsessed with his luscious hair haha.  Then watching further I liked all the improvements they made to the story and characters that I had issues with from the source material so I continued on.  Then by the time I got to episode 11 onwards, the romance kicked in and I became hooked.  But I've always had a soft spot for cute young love no matter how old I become so that could be why I don't mind watching it.  Plus it's distracting me from Fuyao (which was starting to give me a headache) so I can get away from that show until it finishes airing to binge lol.

I didn't find these F4 attractive at first either.  And I'm too old to lust after them but I've grown to appreciate their looks after watching so far.  I also got over the dubbing too and hardly notice it anymore.  It's a nice fluffy drama to get my mind off other things.  So if you have time and patience I suggest trying it out until at least episodes 12-14 (the wishy washy "love triangle" before those eps was a bit annoying) from this week and decide then if you like it or not?  

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

Who is this chef guy?? Was he in the MG original?? Thought they spend too much time on him and his lobster. Give me more of my Si and Shan Cai moments, show. Dammit. Loved the cheek kiss. Eeeeeeeeee. Love how his eyes softens whenever he looks at her. I've said it before, and I'll say it again Dylan is so awesome and handsome. Hahaha. 

Chef guy and his lobster haha.  The actor's kind of a cutie though.  I took it more as a reason for Shancai to get into the kitchen experience in order to lead into the competition storyline. 

Rather than the cheek kiss I was more into the moment before when she was holding his phone and didn't realize he was basically hugging her from behind and he was just enjoying the heck out of it getting all close lol.  And why would you call a girl because you miss her but then pretends to be her dad??  Must have some screws loose under all that hair.  Speaking of, we will find out tomorrow why they gave him that signature "pineapple" hair and it's so funny and cute.

I agree with @Wotad I like the slow burn development which will then make the confession moment later on much more impactful.  

Confused but not complaining that there are raws to ep 14 now? I thought we were only getting 6 a week.

And SO happy that ep 15 and 16 seems like there'll be some more focus on the side characters as well. I'm dying to see Xi Men and Xiao You more, and it'll be interesting to see Lei getting mad while hoping for some major development between our leads given the cold.

7 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@mrsj3n The K version BOF was what got me hooked onto kdramas years ago, which then led me to watch the J version HanaDan and reading the whole manga.  So my continuation of it at first was due to nostalgia reasons.    

But I liked the female lead since watching her in A Love So Beautiful and find her adorable.  Then after watching a few episodes I really liked how the male lead portrayed his character, and I'm obsessed with his luscious hair haha.  Then watching further I liked all the improvements they made to the story and characters that I had issues with from the source material so I continued on.  Then by the time I got to episode 11 onwards, the romance kicked in and I became hooked.  But I've always had a soft spot for cute young love no matter how old I become so that could be why I don't mind watching it.  Plus it's distracting me from Fuyao (which was starting to give me a headache) so I can get away from that show until it finishes airing to binge lol.

I didn't find these F4 attractive at first either.  And I'm too old to lust after them but I've grown to appreciate their looks after watching so far.  I also got over the dubbing too and hardly notice it anymore.  It's a nice fluffy drama to get my mind off other things.  So if you have time and patience I suggest trying it out until at least episodes 12-14 (the wishy washy "love triangle" before those eps was a bit annoying) from this week and decide then if you like it or not?  

Are you me?? LOL. My first ever kdramas was BOF and I also watched Hana Dan later and tried reading the manga, but I guess manga and animes are not my thing, I couldn't finish it. I was also watching Fuyao before this, got antsy because of all the palace politics and then this drama came along and I completely stopped watching Fuyao. Lol. I'll get back to it some time later though after all I love Ethan so much. 

I didn't watch the original meteor garden, the Taiwanese version because I thought it will be too much of a leap for me to watch a drama dated back to 2001. But I'm considering watching it now after seeing the overwhelming fan following for that version. So much so that people refuse to watch this new version. Sigh. 

About the dubbing, yes I got used to it as well. But I also feel the emotions would've been conveyed better if they had used their own voices. Some of the dialogues sounds flat at times. 

@Thuc-NghiT Hunan TV changed their broadcast schedule. So it's 2eps per day from Monday to Thursday from now. 

17 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

I like that it’s diff bc it would be so boring to see the same extreme bullying scenes over and over again. The drama needs to adapt to the current environment of its time and so I do not believe portraying extreme bullying would be very realistic. Also, i always felt that in every version, DMS begins his interest in her when she stands up to him by kicking him in the face, this is really no different than all other versions. He’s taken aback by her “fierceness” bc it reminds him of his cool sister, someone he admires. Im glad it is not a cookie cutter version and even more happy that SC’s parents are not shady like in all those other versions and F4 do not rely solely on their family’s wealth. I loved ep 12 bc it highlights how close the boys are! 

13 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Chef guy and his lobster haha.  The actor's kind of a cutie though.  I took it more as a reason for Shancai to get into the kitchen experience in order to lead into the competition storyline. 

Rather than the cheek kiss I was more into the moment before when she was holding his phone and didn't realize he was basically hugging her from behind and he was just enjoying the heck out of it getting all close lol.  And why would you call a girl because you miss her but then pretends to be her dad??  Must have some screws loose under all that hair.  Speaking of, we will find out tomorrow why they gave him that signature "pineapple" hair and it's so funny and cute.

I agree with @Wotad I like the slow burn development which will then make the confession moment later on much more impactful.  

Rather than the cheek kiss I was more into the moment before when she was holding his phone and didn't realizehe was basically hugging her from behind and he was just enjoying the heck out of it getting all close lol.“ I loveeed this scene, it’s so cute and the way he looked at her makes me believe that she’s the only one he loves. I rather have the slow development if it’s more organic that way. 

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Are you me?? LOL. My first ever kdramas was BOF and I also watched Hana Dan later and tried reading the manga, but I guess manga and animes are not my thing, I couldn't finish it. I was also watching Fuyao before this, got antsy because of all the palace politics and then this drama came along and I completely stopped watching Fuyao. Lol. I'll get back to it some time later though after all I love Ethan so much. 

I didn't watch the original meteor garden, the Taiwanese version because I thought it will be too much of a leap for me to watch a drama dated back to 2001. But I'm considering watching it now after seeing the overwhelming fan following for that version. So much so that people refuse to watch this new version. Sigh. 

About the dubbing, yes I got used to it as well. But I also feel the emotions would've been conveyed better if they had used their own voices. Some of the dialogues sounds flat at times. 

Lol what a coincidence!

I found this video on YouTube that compared the forced kiss scene between the two versions 2001 vs 2018. It does look so dated and I’m not feeling the male lead’s acting so I’ve been turned off of trying it. Dylan has ruined it for me lol.  

GOSHHHHHHH THESE TWO ARE BEING RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.....I can't even....Someone save me..... Sugar overload. I'm on a high, I have so much to say, but before that let me go and rewatch these eps a few times....LOL. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

GOSHHHHHHH THESE TWO ARE BEING RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.....I can't even....Someone save me..... Sugar overload. I'm on a high, I have so much to say, but before that let me go and rewatch these eps a few times....LOL. 

i really enjoyed 13/14 hes so into her and support's her fully i love it.

6 minutes ago, Wotad said:

i really enjoyed 13/14 hes so into her and support's her fully i love it.

Yes @Wotad They have really upped the cuteness level to a higher notch than the other versions. Like I don't remember Gu Jun Pyo and Jan do being this cute. That scene when they were in his bed playing cards and drawing on each other's faces....richard simmons cute. Also love how he continuously supports her and tells her that she can do it. I cracked up when she picked the pineapple for the last round. LOL. She already loves him a lot, why don't they just make it official. Not that anyone cares about it anyway, everyone thinks that they are together. They are....but the romantic in me wants a confession from Shan Cai. Lol. How do they expect me to wait a week for the next eps??? Sigh. This part where they go on a date with a little kid tagging along is my favourite in BOF, I'm expecting a truck load of cuteness in the next few eps before richard simmons hits the fan when his mom appears. There is going to be a whole lot of angst, I don't even want to think about it, let me savour all these sweet moments for now. 

Oh and Mei Zuo is getting a love interest as well?? That's actually nice, he is my second favourite F4 character after Si. Hehe. 

@Wotad Trust me, she never goes back to Lei. When things get hard after Si's Mom arrival, she confides in him only because he is a good friend and understands her feelings. Once she gets together with Si, she never wavers in her feelings for him. That's how it is in the K and J versions. I don't think they will change that aspect of the story. It will make Shan Cai look bad. 

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

@Wotad Trust me, she never goes back to Lei. When things get hard after Si's Mom arrival, she confides in him only because he is a good friend and understands her feelings. Once she gets together with Si, she never wavers in her feelings for him. That's how it is in the K and J versions. I don't think they will change that aspect of the story. It will make Shan Cai look bad. 

I hope its like that i really dont like her with Lei ;p

Archived