[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

@turtle0217 You know what they say about actions speaking louder than words...her standing up against mom is something that really made me look up to her. I'm sure i wouldn't be as brave as her if the situations were same. I only wish for her to open her heart and see for herself who she truly loves. Luckily Si is persistent, any other weak guy would've given up by now. Tsk tsk. 

@lan_lan Did you see the confrontation scene SC had with Mom last night??

Reveal hidden contents

If the translations are right, She called her an richard simmons. Bahahahahaha. I do hope she realizes that the person she is swearing now will become her mother in law in the future. LOL.

Exactly. For once, she needs to think about herself and do what she needs. If she truly loves him, tell him that and they can fight through the battle together. He's willing to go through it with her, but it's her who cannot make up her mind. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok the MOST hated character in dramaland right now must be Caina. Twitter is literally on fire bitching about her. LOL. Too bad though. I just hope people won't give up on this show yet. And I hope we are already done with the Caina and her uncle's storyline. Can we go back to our Si and Shan Cai already?? 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:07 PM, kokodus said:

This song, the lyrics and the scenes included....gives me so much feels. I love it. Guess this is from the original TW version. Do you guys know whether they made use of this song in the 2018 version somewhere??? I can't remember. I also like the Harlem Yu's song...

As far as I remember, the song is from Meteor Rain, a short spin-off story of Meizuo and Ximen-XiaoYou. Also included in special episode of Meteor Garden 2001. In this 2018 version only the instrumental appears in some scenes I think

16 hours ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan Did you see the confrontation scene SC had with Mom last night??

Reveal hidden contents

If the translations are right, She called her an richard simmons. Bahahahahaha. I do hope she realizes that the person she is swearing now will become her mother in law in the future. LOL.

I did and my mouth dropped open.  Kind of out of character though?  She can talk back all she likes but I thought it was weird she would swear at her.  Especially to her bf's mom (even if she'd decided at that moment they were over).  

As for today's episodes:

Forget about Caina, the show has turned into a full on infomercial.  It's soooo distracting.  Practically every scenes there are PPL and after watching, I now see that that whole uniform sequence was basically an instant noodle commercial -_- 

Highlights from today's eps were:

Spoiler

Shancai's level up in cooking skills

Lei and Ximen making fun of Meizhou at the cafe....hao hao hao hao hao hao hao :lol:

Wow that house that the old guy designed...I want one lol.

Poor Meizhou today, my heart hurts for him.

Then my heart hurt even more for Si sitting in his dark room watching the video of Shancai :(

I'm staying away from Twitter for now because it's such a buzzkill to watch the show with all the noise from over there.  So although it's not as addictive as the eps with more SiCai, it's still enjoyable.  I'm not going to worry or think too hard about what direction it's going into for now.  I just really wish they'd stop with the excessive advertising.

New BTS of the boys.  I just can't even with these guys.  Notice how Dylan ran over to help YY after Connor threw her on the ground lol

Meteor Garden 2018 Weibo update 08.07.18

"The 4 people who simultaneously step onto the paths to find love, even if it's tear filled, the young aren't afraid of obstacles, youth is most beautiful with you." 

006KIJxCly1fu0w3t8uolj32o63qmx6u.jpg

39 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

As for today's episodes:

Forget about Caina, the show has turned into a full on infomercial.  It's soooo distracting.  Practically every scenes there are PPL and after watching, I now see that that whole uniform sequence was basically an instant noodle commercial -_- 

Highlights from today's eps were:

Reveal hidden contents

Shancai's level up in cooking skills

Lei and Ximen making fun of Meizhou at the cafe....hao hao hao hao hao hao hao :lol:

Wow that house that the old guy designed...I want one lol.

Poor Meizhou today, my heart hurts for him.

Then my heart hurt even more for Si sitting in his dark room watching the video of Shancai :(

New BTS of the boys, I just can't even with these guys.  Notice how Dylan ran over to help YY after Connor threw her on the ground lol

Meteor Garden 2018 Weibo update 08.07.18

"The 4 people who simultaneously step onto the paths to find love, even if it's tear filled, the young aren't afraid of obstacles, the time of youth is most beautiful with you." 

Oh.. Daoming Si's scenes are just heartbreaking. Dylan Wang, you're too good. I can feel your pain, too. :bawling:

Love the new poster. Love the stairway, too. Thanks for sharing

omg just seen preview for ep 30-32. why is Daomingsi being hard on Shancai? I think it will be more painful sooner :tears: 

Daomingsi should’ve given more room for understandment to Shancai as her situation is not normal to her. she already handled the issue the best she could in her capacity. His pain is overpowering his logic. I’m so mad! Thank god Lei is there to rescue Shancai -_-

and why is that monkey girl hugging Ah Si?!! didn’t understand what they’re saying.. maybe I’ll stop watching for a while until it gets lighter again :sweatingbullets:

Didnt watch any episodes yet ... avoiding extra spoilers till tomorrow

still waiting for subs and hd ! But wait for my rants soon guys xD

im gonna share this tho ... i dont really know where its from but im soft for it :3

ALSO

On 8/3/2018 at 6:39 PM, marielou92 said:

Yes, hopefully in this version, Daomingsi will not fall for that random girl when he will have amnesia and it will be just 2-3 episodes just like in Japanese & Korean version. unlike the Taiwanese version which had the worst season 2, that was traumatizing  to say the least :sweatingbullets:

I was traumatized by the entire season 2 of the original Taiwanese version of Meteor Garden. The entire season focused on Daoming Si and Yesha and we only saw Shancai and Daoming Si together in the beginning and end of season 2. It was so horrible. I cried my eyes out over that one and I had to force myself to just get through the entire season. I really, really hope they don't do that in this version although I don't think they would because they've pretty much abbreviated every arc so I'm hoping they won't linger too much on the amnesia.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:57 AM, kokodus said:

@rimjayc I so loved ep 23. Did you notice how they didn't bicker and was talking normally in that one scene where he asks her to go with him to buy some books?? I know it's some ppl for an online site, but I still loved it. I absolutely loved how they help each other in studies now, it's a good thing that Si is a good student in this version. LOL. 

Also can someone explain me what he was saying about going to graduate school or something??? I didn't understand that part. All I got is that he is staying in the uni for longer so that he can graduate with her.

He said it when Li zhen slipped and the cake fell on him. And I'm pretty sure there is also one more scene where he said that quote, but I can't remember now. LOL

I loved that part too! It's easy to gloss over because plot-wise, it is not significant but in terms of their relationship - pretty significant. I can't wait to see more of them just going through everyday life, going through the mundane stuff together. It's so refreshing to see them get along so well especially since we all know that Daoming Si and Shancai are the perfect fit for each other. Daoming Si and monkey girl were too alike to work but DS and SC compliment each other.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:10 AM, kokodus said:

@turtle0217 Oh I'm convinced that Dylan Wang is a born performer. He owns that stage like it's no big deal. And Caesar too. Caesar has such a beautiful voice and he sings incredibly well, my heart melts at the sight of him. He is too precious.

I forgot to mention about the scene in 24, when Si and Shan cai fights because he hit that jerk of a guy who was XiaoYou's bf. When she angrily comes down, there you have our F3 squad enacting their breakup dramatically. HAHAHAHA. I actually really love the friendship between the F4 in this version. They give a lot of (bed) scenes between Si and Lei and there are also plenty lot of scenes where the F3 gives advices to our helpless puppy Si. LOL. 

I'm really like F3 in this version too. I feel like they balance out all the heavy emotional stuff with humor and I also like that we get a deeper dive into their close friendship. I feel like in this version, F3 actively show their deep love and concern for each other and also the lengths they would go to to support one another. I think it's quite endearing how quickly they realized that Shancai is good for Daoming Si and are willing to help them out for their sakes! LOL

On 8/5/2018 at 12:43 PM, kokodus said:

@rimjayc I think we can all agree that we need an ending like in the J-VERSION. Wedding plus a hint of little Si. My life would be complete. But I do wonder how he will even take care of a kid when he is still a kid himself. LOL. Also I want that first night scene from the manga. None of the versions had it but since Angie Chai said she is going to closely follow the manga, she ought to include that scene. Hahahaha. 

Yes please! I would love to see a first night scene. It doesn't have to be too explicit (to keep it PG) but it would be nice to see life after the wedding you know? I would be all for sequels where we get to see their married life and possibly children. 

Can I also just say that it feels like we are wasting episodes on Zhou Caina? C'mon show, we've had 4 episodes with more Caina in it than Daoming Si and Shancai and I would really like for us to get back on track with our couple!! LOL

I'm just here, but I'm following MG 2018 from the first episode
Honestly I really hope MG 2018 can perfect all versions, or eliminate some disappointments

I really enjoyed of their love story like roller coaster from ep 1 to 26, but when ep 27 I stopped watching and just peeked a little at IG. Maybe someone can explain the SC and DMs conversations when it rains? because since then DMS seems to release SC

for SC, well the same from all MG versions she always hesitates in a prolonged manner. I feel the Japanese SC and the old Taiwanese are better able to describe their feelings. I hope PDNim does not make SC MG 2018 like the BBF GJD (Hoel it's very bad in a love chemistry). But I tried to understand that SC in MG 2018 was a cheerful girl who had an ordinary dream, she must be very shaken and it was hard to believe that a rich boy loved her. Shancai who had never dated had to face the challenge of heavy love and an evil mother-in-law who destroyed her parents and friends (Maybe if I were an SC, I would run away). But really I want the SC MG 2018 to be able  express more love for DMS, hopefully the remaining episodes don't disappoint

For DMS. He is very handsome, fierce, funny and really loves SC. I just hope he doesn't try to accept the monkey girl to vent his anger at SC (I'm sad to see the monkey girl hugging the DMS in preview ep 31). What if the PD-nim removes the DMS portion of memory loss. I was very traumatized by MG 2,  DMS and Yessa sections were very much up to almost the entire drama. At that time I was really supportive if SC and Lei ended up marrying hahaha, because I hated DMS who loved Yessa too much.

Lastly I want PD-nim to make lots of scans dating SC and DMS, give them a normal dating life (send sweet messages, eat together, sweet kisses, and funny fights). This will make fans treated because honestly SC and DMS in other versions face conflicts and quarrels more than normal dating lives

2 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

just saw the preview for episode 32.. omg that monkey girl Xiao Zi! I thought she’s Shancai friend, I hate her, she’s so fake! :angry:

What happened ? Do monkey girls take advantage of the situation? I didn't dare to see ep 27-30, but the preview for ep 31 made me curious

@lan_lan It was indeed so out of character for SC to swear at his mom. That's why I want to talk about it here and see what folks here think about it. There is an aspect of "respecting elders", Mom did do some nasty things but I didn't think she would use such words for that. LOL. Anyways, I'll roll with it. Kids these days do swear a lot. 

About the excessive advertisements, let me be honest, I would not have  complained about it much, if it was Shan Cai and not Caina in that scene. I know it's ridiculous, but I would watch Si and SC watch paint dry together. They have such explosive chemistry that I would watch anything with them together. If they wanted to have a successful product placement, they should have know who is popular and who will be able to sell it. LOL. Take a hint, producers. No one loves Caina. Sigh. 

I'm going to follow your path and stay away from Twitter for awhile, they really did kill my mood these past two days. Sigh.

@mouse007 Yes please, give me lots of normal mundane dating scenes and kisses. I'm not asking for more. They don't have to fight against the world to be together. Let them just elope somewhere and lead their life peacefully. Oh wait, if they elope, then F3 will not be there with them. Oh sighs. No I don't want the F4 to separate. I want them all to get married at the same time and let their kids become buddies too and grow together and be with each other through thick and thin. Ok I need a fanfic. LOL. 

@marielou92 I still think monkey girl is only acting that way to push our puppies together. One can only hope. Sigh

49 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

just saw the preview for episode 32.. omg that monkey girl Xiao Zi! I thought she’s Shancai friend, I hate her, she’s so fake! :angry:

32 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@marielou92 I still think monkey girl is only acting that way to push our puppies together. One can only hope. Sigh

I better hope that's the case, because if it's monkey girl who comes in between them. If I were Shancai I ain't friends with her anymore. I mean Shancai is stupid, too. (Sorry) She doesn't realize that she needs to just do things for once for herself and be selfish. She cares about others too much and then she gets stomp over and people don't care about her.

Just saw this. Is this the ending?

Spoiler

Credit to instgram owner shenyue_huyitian

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan It was indeed so out of character for SC to swear at his mom. That's why I want to talk about it here and see what folks here think about it. There is an aspect of "respecting elders", Mom did do some nasty things but I didn't think she would use such words for that. LOL. Anyways, I'll roll with it. Kids these days do swear a lot. 

About the excessive advertisements, let me be honest, I would not have  complained about it much, if it was Shan Cai and not Caina in that scene. I know it's ridiculous, but I would watch Si and SC watch paint dry together. They have such explosive chemistry that I would watch anything with them together. If they wanted to have a successful product placement, they should have know who is popular and who will be able to sell it. LOL. Take a hint, producers. No one loves Caina. Sigh. 

I'm going to follow your path and stay away from Twitter for awhile, they really did kill my mood these past two days. Sigh.

@mouse007 Yes please, give me lots of normal mundane dating scenes and kisses. I'm not asking for more. They don't have to fight against the world to be together. Let them just elope somewhere and lead their life peacefully. Oh wait, if they elope, then F3 will not be there with them. Oh sighs. No I don't want the F4 to separate. I want them all to get married at the same time and let their kids become buddies too and grow together and be with each other through thick and thin. Ok I need a fanfic. LOL. 

no, in that vid she’s not acting that way to push Ah Si & Shancai. In the video, Ah Si was frustrated and like suddenly monkey girl hug him and told him he still have her.. Well, she still has lingering feelings for Daomingsi that’s why that happened. But its so bad because she already told Shancai that she have given up on Ah Si right & befriended her. so in a way its a stab in the back move.. We’ll just wait and see tho. I think monkey girl will feel bad thereafter. 

1 hour ago, marielou92 said:

no, in that vid she’s not acting that way to push Ah Si & Shancai. In the video, Ah Si was frustrated and like suddenly monkey girl hug him and told him he still have her.. Well, she still has lingering feelings for Daomingsi that’s why that happened. But its so bad because she already told Shancai that she have given up on Ah Si right & befriended her. so in a way its a stab in the back move.. We’ll just wait and see tho. I think monkey girl will feel bad thereafter. 

I saw that preview as well. Maybe she is pushing him to realize that he can't love anyone else other than Shan Cai. Or maybe just testing him to see whether he still has feelings for SC. I maybe wrong. But I don't want for them to start a new drama with Monkey girl. I'll seriously be extremely pissed off if that happens. Unless it's an act for them to get my puppies together, I don't want her anywhere near my Si. Hrmph. 

I think the people above have realized that they made the whole fandom angry by giving so much screen time to irrelevant characters. They just have released an awesome bts having ONLY Dylan and Shen Yue moments. It is so cute. Dylan can't stop pestering Shen Yue. LOL. He really is an 8 year old. 

http://fx.weico.cc/share/31964862.html?weibo_id=4270716620807877

Hope the link works for everyone. 

Archived