[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw 2 posts on Twitter that Tencent will be the official  online web channel for Meteor Garden 2018, and it will probably show the undubbed version. (One twitter said it's confirmed for undubbed and the other said unconfirmed rumor is that it will be undubbed version.) No mention of a broadcast date, though.  Here's hoping that this online version will be undubbed, and that undubbed version will be liscensed.

So..I found a raw version of episode 1-2, and I really sincerely hope someone would kind enough to translate it and upload it on subscene (one can only hope right?) times like this made me regret why I skipped mandarin language course :(

Finally the remake I’ve been waiting for my fave drama, watched it raw till ep 4 and am liking it. I think the story pace is much faster in this and I like the chemistry between Dylan n Shen Yue. Somehow DMS’s hair reminds me of porcupine thorns, haha...and when he was towering Shan chai, I can’t help but imagine Dylan as Ryu from the Jdorama Death Note.:joy:Looking fwd to nx episode....

I already watch the raw versions...with my head spinning slightly, coz I don't know any of the word except for the character's names LOL 

Anyway, I noticed that the bullying scenes are removed ? Even the "supposedly" mean girls are so sweet (looks like it..I don't even know what they're talking about, my bad..lol ) Maybe there are some policies in China that forbid it? well, I hope it doesn't effect the whole stories...but I still feel kinda bumped though..coz that's actually what made Dao Ming Tse's love for Shanchai so much grand , right?

Well, it's only my opinion though..like I said, I don't even know what they're talking about...meanwhile waited for the english sub, I'm going to occupy myself with another dramas..hehehe

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Meteor Garden on Netflix is premiering this coming July 13, 22:00 with 6 episodes every Friday.

Unfortunately, it won't be available in Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but please enlighten me if they dont do dubbing in this drama because i found some dubbing scene in every episode -_- until episode 4

3 hours ago, ruzikie said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but please enlighten me if they dont do dubbing in this drama because i found some dubbing scene in every episode -_- until episode 4

Don't worry.  There's apparently still a team of people working to bring subs (non-Netflix) to those who won't have access to it in their own countries.  

I haven't started watching - just sharing information as I learn it - so I cannot comment on the dubbing in this drama.

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Meteor Garden on Netflix is premiering this coming July 13, 22:00 with 6 episodes every Friday.

Unfortunately, it won't be available in Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines.

Yay! There will be subs! Thanks for the info. Netflix has worldwide rights to drama except for the 3 countries you mention. According to Wikipedia,  ABS-CBN has rights for Philippines and SCTV has rights for Indonesia. Couldn't find any information about who has rights for Thailand. 

I think they took out the bullying bc it is a bit childish esp when this version takes place in UNI. Watched up to ep 5, I do not understand a thing lol except when the otp bickers and she says he’s soo “strange” :lol:

The bullying scene is not shown much in this remake :there was one when DMS ordered SC who works part time to deliver food to him and then they bicker, there was one in the cafeteria when other students push SC and DMS n Lei got involved and when the 2 girls reported to DMS abt Shan chai secret meeting on the school rooftop with Lei that they took photo of. It might not be comfortable to watch such scenes anyway. I find it funny when DMS felt jealous each time SC and her best guy friend are doing things together and he tried to butt in but got misunderstood and rejected or when SC showed interest in Lei and he just felt unfair that he was not treated nicely that he decided to confront SC on the rooftop and they had a fight where DMS forced a kiss on her but she begged him to stop. That was quite an intense anger DMS shown out of jealousy. He regretted it but too embarrassed to say sorry. Can’t wait to see SC starting to like DMS later on, that will surely make DMS proud n happy...

how many days of air time? Not every Mon - Thurs? one day two ep each??? How come this week don't have ep 7 - 8 ??? 

I am a huge fans since Meteor Garden 2001 taiwan version.. has been watching the Korea version, Japan version .. and watch Meteor Shower / Rain star by Zhang Han too .. now the release new one I am also watching

Archived