[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

Hi Everyone.

I'm new on this forum. I've been watching the drama since episode 1, but haven't got a chance to come around to the forum. I am soo excited for next week's episodes. I'm really loving Dylan Wang playing DaoMing Si.

I hope I can enjoy the remaining half of this drama with you all. :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

@rimjayc your post put the biggest grin on my face because I was remembering all the feels I felt while watching.  I’m so glad they’re giving us so many extra fluffy scenes and cute couple moments to go on. I’ve been ticking off a list from the MV to see what’s been shown and what’s left to come.  I’m hoping there will be a lot more that they didn’t spoil for us still on the way.  

im so glad im not the only one enjoying the ride then ! 

really its my pleasure ... 

im really looking up for those scenes they are both running side the river and just look hella happy and the one under the rain ( when si gives up the umbrella to just enjoy the rain together) 

Spoiler

also ofc that wedding maybe ??? or even some cute pre or post wedding life ??? holly richard simmons that would be amazing if they manage to give us more than a simple ending like in the original meteor garden 

34 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

Also I’m all for Meizhou getting a girl plot but that was a little too much time used for that silly back and forth with the older guy.  Especially right after the cutest SiCai scene. I couldn’t even concentrate on them because I spent the whole segment mentally counting down the minutes left to the episode and yelling at the show to get back to SiCai before it’s over. 

omg same xDDDD i kept waiting for it to end ! 

LIKE REALLY GUYS ? you will end our episode on a flashback of epople you just introduced to us ??? and no more SIcai ?????? 

that was a bit of a pain tbh 

but i guess they are developing meizhous romance for good after this . and that needed to be done for us to understand ?

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

Tsk tsk tsk. There is no way this one month trial period is going to end nicely. She is definitely going to leave him after 1 month. I thought there is going to be a confession from her....I only have watched 23 but that is not a confession, it's acceptance. LOL. 

Fine fine let me put away my grumpy face and continue with 24th ep. 

That scene in Ep. 23 is just like the one in MG2001, so I guess they are following more the MG2001 script where Shan Cai doesn't say the actual words of " I like you" or "i love you" until the very end.  Too bad.

Ep 24: OK so I've now seen both Ep. 23-24, and while it is very nice to see both Ximen and Meizou get screen time with their own stories, the content was underwhelming. I agree with others here that Meizou's story was really awkward and confusing. I didn't understand about Caina and the older man? They seemed to both like each other and then she just ran away? Was he supposed to be a rebound because of her rejection by/breakup with the Chef? What was the point?  I guess they are trying to have the Caina character as a girl who like much older men, but if so then why have her in love with the Chef guy who was the same age? It doesn't make sense.  As for Ximen/Xiaoyou, well again not much interaction going on, which is disappointing. I have to admit the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline was one of my favorites in the Korean version, but the Korea version was much more developed than in this version.  I have a feeling that it may follow more the MG2001 here for this couple, which is disappointing for me. Oh well, I'll still hope for a better ending for this couple. Can't wait for Friday episodes!

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@mouse007 China airs episodes Mon-Wed, Netflix Wed-Fri. So episodes 27-28 will air on Monday and uploaded with subs on Netflix on Wednesday and so on.  

Thanks so much! The days where we have to wait for new episodes always feels so long! 

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I agree with others here that Meizou's story was really awkward and confusing. I didn't understand about Caina and the older man? They seemed to both like each other and then she just ran away? Was he supposed to be a rebound because of her rejection by/breakup with the Chef? What was the point?  I guess they are trying to have the Caina character as a girl who like much older men, but if so then why have her in love with the Chef guy who was the same age? It doesn't make sense.  As for Ximen/Xiaoyou, well again not much interaction going on, which is disappointing. I have to admit the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline was one of my favorites in the Korean version, but the Korea version was much more developed than in this version.  I have a feeling that it may follow more the MG2001 here for this couple, which is disappointing for me. Oh well, I'll still hope for a better ending for this couple. Can't wait for Friday episodes!

Same. I also didn't see the point of elaborating on Caina and Terrence's history. They could've have just said that he's a former boyfriend. It also makes it confusing to figure out exactly when was she and this guy together - before or after the chef guy? It just seems unnecessary unless they're trying to create some sort of conflict for Meizou to overcome and give his relationship with Caina some depth? I don't know... I don't get it. Maybe we'll figure out the significance of this background in the next episodes.

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

His pineapple hair is making less and less of a comeback. It only appears when he reverts back to the old DMS. 

I noticed this as well. I'm beginning to think that his pineapple hair appears when he's being immature and disappears when he's being reasonable/mature. Not that I mind, I love the natural hair more than the pineapple hair. I think Dylan is definitely one hot Daoming Si and I'm very happy they cast him for this role. I really loved Jerry Yan and Lee Minho as Daoming Si so my expectations were kinda high and I'm happy I wasn't disappointed with Dylan. Love him and can't wait to see more.

7 hours ago, rimjayc said:

I dont know about that tbh  

as i said i watched all the versions befor and they all manged to give her a deeper connection with the main charas

( in boysoverflowers she spend nights at jandis house ! Take her shopping ! Befriend her bestfriend and even try hard to be there hen jandi lives alone with her brother in a squetchy place - lets not forget her begging her parents to help the  jumpyo familly even if she broke the wedding herself ect ) -

lol.. her niceness :) yea but there is a conclusive scene when she goes to spend night with her we get to see why she is pushing this friendship with SC.. with sole purpose of making her stay away (you know guilt tripping her)

i'll have to go back and watch it to give you the exact episode number.. but darn.. i can't tolerate GHS even for a sec

7 hours ago, rimjayc said:

here i can only give her the merite of not taking to long befor telling shansai about her fake night of love with si ... 

he he. oh yeah.. that was there.. she wanted to lie to SC.. which happens in every version.. completely forgot about that

@rimjayc I love you! I really love your little recap with cute little gifs. Early in the morning and you made my day. LOL. 

@Table122000 I was indeed a little disappointed last night that we didn't get any proper confession from Shancai yet. But you know I've made up my mind to not expect any in the near future. As @enigmatic_zephy pointed out, the confession might come when he leaves for London, but I'm not sure about it either because they are mixing up all the timelines and events. Atleast they make up for it with all the cuteness. I just really love how she looked at him with heart eyes during their themepark date. Soooo very cute.

48 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. her niceness :) yea but there is a conclusive scene when she goes to spend night with her we get to see why she is pushing this friendship with SC.. with sole purpose of making her stay away (you know guilt tripping her)

Monkey girl was indeed manipulative but you know what they say about all is fair in love and war....and she is exactly like Si in that aspect. She would do anything for her love. Of course it's bad because she ended up hurting both Shan cai and Si and herself as well in the process. What I liked in the k version is that you can really feel and understand that she is soooo desperate for his love and I kinda had some sympathy for her because you know she is otherwise a good person. 

5 hours ago, rimjayc said:

im so glad im not the only one enjoying the ride then ! 

really its my pleasure ... 

im really looking up for those scenes they are both running side the river and just look hella happy and the one under the rain ( when si gives up the umbrella to just enjoy the rain together) 

I am looking forward to that umbrella scene, too. All the scenes that they'll be filming outside of Shanghai are the scenes I wanna see really bad. Hopefully we get more DaoMing Si and Shancai next week.

48 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@rimjayc I love you! I really love your little recap with cute little gifs. Early in the morning and you made my day. LOL. 

@Table122000 I was indeed a little disappointed last night that we didn't get any proper confession from Shancai yet. But you know I've made up my mind to not expect any in the near future. As @enigmatic_zephy pointed out, the confession might come when he leaves for London, but I'm not sure about it either because they are mixing up all the timelines and events. Atleast they make up for it with all the cuteness. I just really love how she looked at him with heart eyes during their themepark date. Soooo very cute.

I really really want her to give him a proper confession that she likes him and not the whole "I am wiling to stand up tall and go up against your mother." None of that. I want her to confess her feelings to him, just like how he's always confessing to her. Totally love his line "I will trade all the meteor for you, because you are worth it," and the "I'll make up for that 90% for you to like me." He's trying soo hard to express that he loves her. Dylan Wang is soo good at acting it, too. :wub:

47 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Monkey girl was indeed manipulative but you know what they say about all is fair in love and war....and she is exactly like Si in that aspect. She would do anything for her love. Of course it's bad because she ended up hurting both Shan cai and Si and herself as well in the process. What I liked in the k version is that you can really feel and understand that she is soooo desperate for his love and I kinda had some sympathy for her because you know she is otherwise a good person. 

i  beg to differ.. in this regard, Si is nothing like her..

he will go to lengths but to show his sincerity.. he will never actively emotionally manipulate people and circumstances in this negative way.. guilt tripping and all..

if he were like her, he would have done all this in the beginning itself, when he realized SC likes Lei.. but he never went ahead and claimed in front of other Fs that he loves SC.. and put a claim on her , thereby forcing and declaring that SC is out of reach/ or guilt tripping the guys..

Si has been super sincere in all his relationships.. 

10 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i  beg to differ.. in this regard, Si is nothing like her..

he will go to lengths but to show his sincerity.. he will never actively emotionally manipulate people and circumstances in this negative way.. guilt tripping and all..

if he were like her, he would have done all this in the beginning itself, when he realized SC likes Lei.. but he never went ahead and claimed in front of other Fs that he loves SC.. and put a claim on her , thereby forcing and declaring that SC is out of reach/ or guilt tripping the guys..

Si has been super sincere in all his relationships.. 

Well well actually, I mostly was referring to the Korean version. I think I was able to understand the monkey girl more in there compared to this version. Of course even in the k version she was all kinds of manipulative but I somehow could understand why she did all that and I couldn't bring myself to hate her too much. Here they didn't give enough episodes to develop her character more which is a shame. I'm not going to dwell on it more, because the lead couple is cute af here, so I wouldn't be want to put in a dilemma of whether the other girl is more perfect for him...lol. 

@turtle0217 Me too gal, I really wish they give us that damn confession. I just want to see Si's stupid face when she confesses to him. He was SOOOOOOOOOOO happy just for that dating acceptance, imagine how ecstatic he will become when she confesses for real. He will be on cloud nine, so will I. LOL. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@turtle0217 Me too gal, I really wish they give us that damn confession. I just want to see Si's stupid face when she confesses to him. He was SOOOOOOOOOOO happy just for that dating acceptance, imagine how ecstatic he will become when she confesses for real. He will be on cloud nine, so will I. LOL. 

I know, tell me about it. He was soo adorable just with the dating acceptance. Who knows what he'll do when she confesses.

You know, since Monkey girl is done, is there a second girl? Like in the other versions, there's another girl later on when DaoMing Si loses his memory. 

so i am watching 23 with subs.. and correct me if i am wrong but DS is still very insecured about Lei..

Scene 1: When he directly tells SC upon bringing her home that he thought she and Lei would be together.. if not the case he wouldn't have dated anyone in the first place

Scene 2: fruit eating scene - both Xumin and the other guy open their mouth asking SC to feed them.. but then lei comes walking across the room.. and camera zooms on in DS who is basically looking and following Lei's reaction to being fed fruit the same way.. and that's when DS jumps into actions , pulling the tall guy back and telling them to know their place

13 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so i am watching 23 with subs.. and correct me if i am wrong but DS is still very insecured about Lei..

Scene 1: When he directly tells SC upon bringing her home that he thought she and Lei would be together.. if not the case he wouldn't have dated anyone in the first place

Scene 2: fruit eating scene - both Xumin and the other guy open their mouth asking SC to feed them.. but then lei comes walking across the room.. and camera zooms on in DS who is basically looking and following Lei's reaction to being fed fruit the same way.. and that's when DS jumps into actions , pulling the tall guy back and telling them to know their place

Well, he probably does feel insecure, because don't forget, it's Lei that Shancai liked first. Also he's always there to help her, there's no obstacles to stop him from getting to Shancai as for DaoMing Si is it tougher, because of his mother. 

Also if I remember correctly from the other versions, whenever DaoMing Si couldn't reach Shancai in time it was Lei who got there first and he took care of her. I remember his feelings developed for her later on, but by then Shancai had already fallen in love with DaoMing Si.

51 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Well, he probably does feel insecure, because don't forget, it's Lei that Shancai liked first. Also he's always there to help her, there's no obstacles to stop him from getting to Shancai as for DaoMing Si is it tougher, because of his mother. 

Also if I remember correctly from the other versions, whenever DaoMing Si couldn't reach Shancai in time it was Lei who got there first and he took care of her. I remember his feelings developed for her later on, but by then Shancai had already fallen in love with DaoMing Si.

H ehe.. i have so much to say on this :) 

FIRST,

Lei's feelings didn't develop later on; his feelings developed from the very beginning, but since he also had feelings for his crush he didn't realize it immediately. Also, once he goes to Paris and sees how his crush lives and what she expects from her life, he realizes he doesn't fit that world, but moreover what he realizes is that he is not that much bothered by it.. and that he has actually started to care for someone else

SECONDLY on lei's action,

Initially Lei wasn't very clear about DS's sincerity towards SC (because of the bullying and wanting to make her fall in love with him in the manga) so he is still very attentive towards SC. When he kissed her at the beach, that was real him confessing and real kiss. When he took out SC on date and didn't pay attention to her, that was him being in love with SC but realizing that she has started to like DS and that DS is very serious about her.. so he tried to bring them together ( he purposely holds SC's hand in the bridge game to show DS because that would throw him off).. every single step, Lei's feelings towards SC are just as intense but he doesn't show because he truly loves both SC and DS.. its a heartbreaking story..

In a way, with this manga, i feel at times SC didn't get a fair deal because Lei manipulated her into believing and accepting DS since he purposely created situations (time and again) where she will be forced to compare ( the best man in the world in her opinion to DS) and see that the kind of attention DS pays to her, no one else can ( which is not true at all in Lei's case.. Lei is just as intense about her but he prioritized friendship and backed off)

In the taiwanese show, that scene is heartbreaking when Lei watches SC struggle to find lost necklace in water.. at that time Lei can't understand DS and his rudeness towards SC.. but up until now while everyone knows SC loves DS.. in this scene Lei gets to witness her intensity (basically the intense restlessness on losing something DS gave to her) and its a nail in the coffin (he realizes that he has lost her for good)

While everyone else gets a happy ending, lei never falls in love with anyone else or marries or does anything.. and worse.. nobody realizes just how intensely and passionately he loved SC.

So yes you are right when you say DS' s instincts are very well insecured of lei :) .. but you know i absolutely love this angle in the manga that DS always knew about SC's little crush on lei while she doesn't know he knows (as he knows exactly how much she paid attention to Lei because he was always observing him) and i like that Lei knows that DS knows that SC liked Lei.. and the world is still b'ful with trusting relationships (this manga cracks this love triangle b'fully)

Now I know who to thank for this scene as well as the rest of the lovey dovey scenes. I like this director lol. And aw YY was feeling shy. 

New previews for next week. Looks like I will have to save them all to binge in one go on the weekend, because my heart won’t be able to take it after the sugar we got this week. 

Spoiler

Someone compiled all the scenes we’ve not seen yet from the MVs into one vid. 

Dylan Wang's farewell message to his character at the wrap of MG 2018 filming.  He really had a deep grasp on this character's thoughts and motivations.  I'm impressed seeing how quickly he came to embody acting without ever intending to be an actor in the first place.  This career definitely chose him.  I'm not as young as he is and still waiting for my dream career to choose me...sigh...lol.

DjpzZx6UwAAEdEs.jpg 

Spoiler

DjpzZykVsAA_ucg.jpgDjpzZx4VsAAKkDl.jpg

DjpzZx3V4AACKlv.jpg

Cred: wanghediarchive (Twitter)

On 8/3/2018 at 6:06 PM, lan_lan said:

Now I know who to thank for this scene as well as the rest of the lovey dovey scenes. I like this director lol. And aw YY was feeling shy. 

New previews for next week. Looks like I will have to save them all to binge in one go on the weekend, because my heart won’t be able to take it after the sugar we got this week. 

Someone compiled all the scenes we’ve not seen yet from the MVs into one vid. 

I hope to gad that there is really no Yesha here in this Chinese version :tears: and hoping for more sweetness to come between Ah Si & Shancai..

Somehow, I was really hoping that there will be no amnesia plot anymore for this version haha. altho I know its kinda impossible for Angie Chan to not include it because its one of the iconic plot in the manga.. I was just thinking about it because you know, amnesia thing is somewhat unrealistic & forced for me 

Archived