[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

It happens to me like most, I have not been able to advance since MG 2018 ends and every day I repeat the chapters that I love the most.

Would someone please tell me the ending, ¡¿DS died, went into a coma or did the wedding really happen? I'm very confused with that ending.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Interview with Dylan Wang and Shen Yue (and miscellaneous others) for The Inn 2. I think it’s a promo with fan questions. The translation is poor, and the video quality is low, but who cares? Not me! :lol:

I’ll watch the proper episode later - seeing the 50 odd advert markers breaking up the programme was too daunting, so I didn’t start.

@cantbreathe They did a live stream interview before the pilot ep of The Inn 2. This video is from the that live streaming. Two eps have been aired, but Shen Yue hasn't appeared yet. I didn't watch the whole eps, I just read Twitter updates. It airs every Friday, hopefully SY will appear in the next ep. 

Have you seen these Elle shorts? I almost forgot how ridiculously hot and charismatic F4 can be when they’re together. 

Haha @ Darren in his dressing gown with the cat though. 

I also just saw the teaser for the new Shen Yue drama. I’ll probably watch it, but I’m not super hyped. What about you guys? 

It should be illegal to look this hot, that too, at this age!!! LOL. I have seen a teaser of the new SY drama where she was with Connor. My heart couldn't understand it although my brain can. LOL. I'm just looking forward to the new eps of The Inn right now. 

I don’t know why they keep changing the picture for Meteor Garden on Netflix. If they want to catch the attention of more viewers they should just make it a picture of Daoming Si ALL THE TIME.  

Like this one: 

20180809111709343.jpg

I’d watch this all day. 

Just saying, haha. 

Hi everyone, been so long since my last visit here. MG2018 has made me a big fan of Dylan Wang, Darren Chen n Shen Yue that I opened weibo acct both in Chinese n int’l version and downloaded apps to watch them when they are on live. Just dropping by to inform fans in Bangkok that F4 will be making an appearance for Legendary Party of ICONSIAM on 10/11 and free for public. This is a rare opportunity for foreign fans to see them outside China, so lucky..... and Shen yue will be making her 1st appearance on The Inn 2 this Friday at 10pm on Hunan tv or mgtv app, watch her n Dylan Wang reunited, they are still buddies.

The preview for the next ep of The Inn 2 where Shen Yue is going to appear!!!!

And the dyshen shippers all over the world went crazy because of this one part...LOL

Dqv14FQV4AAMrKY?format=jpg

Shen Yue rubbing Didi's back like a wife to her husband. LOLOL. 

Been lurking for a bit, wasn't sure if I should comment but eh here goes.

Unlike many of you I had no idea about the legacy of Meteor Garden, its previous versions or manga. I've only just entered the world of c-drama and k-drama. When this popped on netflix I decided to give it try because the leads were so cute and I wanted to watch something light. I thought I'd give it up but boy was I wrong. I didn't think I'd be into something so cute! If this was a western show I'd have been rolling my eyes or even gagging but here it just works. F4 and Shancai are so sincerely adorable! I was smiling throughout the whole thing. I didn't for a moment question if dao ming si and shancai were really this innocent/childlike (in their own way, ah si obviously had his temper etc)

As compelling as DMS and DSC are, no doubt they shine on screen, the character that really got to me was Hua Ze Lei! Idk what it is about him but he was almost magical!! I think half the effect is in darren's physical attributes. That sugary sweet smile with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes plus lei's character....oh my!! its a winning combination. I always wanted to see more of him and it bummed me whenever he had to travel. His insane chemistry with Ah Si almost rivals the OTP. 

Initially I thought he was just a dopey sweet guy but then you start seeing his quiet wit and strength. Its actually his sarcastic/manipulative side that got me intrigued. Its interesting how similar Lei and Si are in that they let very few people into their world and are fierce about protecting them. But complete opposites in how they express it. Si is loud and in your face with his anger and love. Lei is ice cold if he doesn't care about you but quietly envelopes you with his warmth when he does care. On the surface Si seems like the Alpha but Lei's also got that mature, wise sort of strategist vibe that makes him seem powerful too. Ahh...my words don't do justice but their contrasting dynamic is incredible! We can totally see why they're BFF's.

Back to Lei, I think if anyone else had played him he would've seemed like a richard simmons in many scenes but with darren's cute childlike expressions I can't help but find him adorable. I love how he acts clueless but knows more than he lets on. He never becomes a real threat against CaiSi even though he skims quite close. At the same time hes not just a pathetic self sacrificial character pining from a distance. I normally find guys/girls who keep supporting and staying close to their unrequited loves so lame, like have some self respect lol why torture yourself like that (looking at you Xiaoyou ). But this isn't the case with Lei. I like how as viewers we never get an obvious confession but are left guessing about the true nature of his feelings towards shancai. Idk about other versions (apparently its clear and he confesses? but choses to let go) but in this one I'm inclined to believe that his love for her isn't romantic. I think he loves and cares about her with an intensity that sometimes confuses him too.

This sort of affection isn't believable for other characters because c'mon why do so much for someone you don't love romantically but again he is a sensitive artistic person that respects love in all forms. He sees the world differently and appreciates the hidden beauty of things. Has a deep understanding of people and relationships. Its as if he's transcended simpleton possessive love as he said about him and jing.

And now we're at the base of his personality; gentle, dreamy and philosophical. Is so devoted and loyal to those he cares about. Will put their happiness and well being first even if it makes him look bad.

OMG sorry this is so inchoerent lol I sound so obnoxious but damn lei...

I just wish they didn't add that he was 'mildly autistic'. Makes no sense. He has the highest EQ among the cast. Should've just said he was sensitive and introverted, plus socially withdrawn due to childhood trauma.

Also I don't ship SC and Lei. SC is too normal and mainstream for him to have true romantic chemistry with. I see lei more as a caring older brother type figure for her. SC is so clearly made for DMS. Lei needs someone on his own wavelength. Perhaps someone more emo/hipster? lol. I don't mind a spin off series where hes the main character and gets to experience direct reciprocated romantic love. With DMS and SC as supporting characters who return the favour by helping lei get together with his soulmate. Even though Lei isnt immature and impulsive like DMS and SC he has issues of his own he needs to overcome in love.

Having said all this, its unfortunate I find Darren Chen kind of bland offscreen. I hope it doesn't hurt his fanship or career because I think he's got lots of potential. I'm actually curious how he'd be like as a villain. LOOL.

Dylan on the other hand just oozes charisma!! I'm more obsessed with him in real life. He is so much better than DMS. He is a character on his own hah. Will be watching all those reality shows and well anything with him.

@niniandkun Awwwww that's a wonderful interpretation of lei's character. Honestly I didn't like him at first, thought he was wooden, but as eps went by he gradually grew on me. I think the one thing this show did right was how they kept Hua Ze lei's feelings for SC ambiguous. In all the other versions it wasn't the case and you know I never liked this character in other versions because of it. For me it was like, you don't develop feelings for your best friend's girl. Like what about bro code and all that. LOL. But I have to say, Oguri Shun in the J version made me feel sympathetic for his unrequited love. Though it was full on hate for Ji Hoo in the Korean version. LOL. Guess it's in the portrayal, Darren definitely did a good job as Lei. 

It's been long since this ended but I still can't seem to let go of it. Dylan has made an huge impact and I've become this crazy fangirl who stalks him in all the social networking sites. LOL.

^ Indeed! It is like an every day and night routine to always check, stalk rather, on Didi's activities via all social media platforms. I can't help it. That's how much impact he has on my life now (and may be until forever LOL). I have to make time for him despite being a busy working mom. LMAO

I really want to hear confirmation soon on Didi's next drama. At least, we have The Inn to satisfy the hunger (and hopefully Youth Tour is confirmed as well). B)

6 hours ago, kokodus said:

I think the one thing this show did right was how they kept Hua Ze lei's feelings for SC ambiguous. In all the other versions it wasn't the case and you know I never liked this character in other versions because of it. For me it was like, you don't develop feelings for your best friend's girl. Like what about bro code and all that. LOL.

Haha yea...this lei def takes the bro code seriously. Although i don't see how that prevents one from catching feelings.

Anyway he would've come off as really mopey and pathetic if he did have romantic feelings. I know that's supposed to be very selfless and noble but I think if you have feelings like that and still stay close to the person there will always be tension. If I were SC I would feel pretty guilty.

And about dylan lol...ah I'm embarrassed to say I've caught the bug too. Just scavenging youtube for any subbed videos of him. Seeing him cook on the Inn...oh my, I can't believe he's only 19. Somehow he reminds me of an old Justin Bieber. I hope the chinese industry is less brutal and doesn't mess him up. He's going to blow up.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jswrpt said:

Where did you get that news?

Hmm, I just had a look and I think it’s fake news, sorry.

It originally came up on my YouTube, and then I checked it with mydramalist. But it turns out I should always check again because nowhere else has this as news. 

Archived