[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for fun, I found this great video with all of the MG2018 Kiss Scenes, shown in chronological order by episode. It was very interesting to see the "progression" of sorts with the Si/Shan Cai relationship. It was also interesting to compare the kiss scenes between the different actors, and how each kiss scene was shot. Seeing them side by side I could definitely detect the director's influence. So, which couple had the best kiss chemistry in the drama for you? And what was your favorite kiss in the drama? Then cast your vote for best kiss and worst kiss for the entire drama. I'm going to need a rewatch of this video before I make my final decision:

13 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Just for fun, I found this great video with all of the MG2018 Kiss Scenes, shown in chronological order by episode. It was very interesting to see the "progression" of sorts with the Si/Shan Cai relationship. It was also interesting to compare the kiss scenes between the different actors, and how each kiss scene was shot. Seeing them side by side I could definitely detect the director's influence. So, which couple had the best kiss chemistry in the drama for you? And what was your favorite kiss in the drama? Then cast your vote for best kiss and worst kiss for the entire drama. I'm going to need a rewatch of this video before I make my final decision

I have to agree that the kiss scenes from other couples looked more passionate and hot than those between Si and Shan Cai. But what can I do, I was not one bit interested in looking at Caina and Terrence eating each other up, Lol. I was only invested in Si and Shancai's relationship, so no matter how innocent they looked, I can't help but swoon over their kisses.  Sigh. My favourite has to be the neck tie kiss. Don't even have to explain why I like it, it's the first time Shan Cai made the initiative after lying to herself about her feelings for like 20 whole eps. LOL. Ah Si's shocked reaction was hilarious, boy was totally whipped. LOL. And all those forehead and nose kisses were also very sweet. Like toothaching sweet. Gahhhhhhhhhh I miss this show

18 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Just for fun, I found this great video with all of the MG2018 Kiss Scenes, shown in chronological order by episode. It was very interesting to see the "progression" of sorts with the Si/Shan Cai relationship. It was also interesting to compare the kiss scenes between the different actors, and how each kiss scene was shot. Seeing them side by side I could definitely detect the director's influence. So, which couple had the best kiss chemistry in the drama for you? And what was your favorite kiss in the drama? Then cast your vote for best kiss and worst kiss for the entire drama. I'm going to need a rewatch of this video before I make my final decision

I was blissfully watching away, exploding with happiness *awww Lei! :rolleyes: aww Daoming Si! * So high on all the feels :rolleyes: ... and then when Caina and Terrence appeared I physically recoiled!

There’s such an emotional disconnect with their story, like they don’t fit the Meteor Garden universe. It’s not their lack of background, because I think I wouldn’t have minded if they had, say, put Caina in a relationship with Tian Ye, even though he is a minor character too. There’s just something that’s incredibly off putting about them. 

It is sad that after Meteor Garden, Shen Yue & Dylan Wang do not have any contact/interaction anymore in any way even for just a bit. And you could really see that they are intentionally avoiding public contact with each other.  

Its just sad that this is the kind of set up they’re having just so for the sake of their careers & TV shows with their next leading partner to avoid issues.

Why do they have to do that tho, its not like the fans can be mislead easily, if they can see them interacting with each other as friends then fans will already happy even knowing that they’re just friends.

I hope they are not really ignoring each other & not holding back just so they will not compromise their friendship for the sake of career & to avoid rumors

When watching my favourite parts (only EVERY night! Haha), I love how after SC says she likes DMS (which means something more Chinese) he is super happy to throw his all into the relationship and take on his role to protect her. I felt that before, even though he did everything for her anyway, he was defensive and argumentative about it, because he was always being rejected and treated as unnecessarily protective. Even when he gives up on them in London, he’s doing it because he wants to protect her, and with everything crashing down around him he isn’t sure how to do it anymore. Sigh. I can’t seem to stop loving DMS! What a perfect man :rolleyes:

On 9/14/2018 at 5:48 AM, marielou92 said:

It is sad that after Meteor Garden, Shen Yue & Dylan Wang do not have any contact/interaction anymore in any way even for just a bit. And you could really see that they are intentionally avoiding public contact with each other.  

Its just sad that this is the kind of set up they’re having just so for the sake of their careers & TV shows with their next leading partner to avoid issues.

Why do they have to do that tho, its not like the fans can be mislead easily, if they can see them interacting with each other as friends then fans will already happy even knowing that they’re just friends.

I hope they are not really ignoring each other & not holding back just so they will not compromise their friendship for the sake of career & to avoid rumors

I personally think they are contacting privately (ofc as friends). Because from the bts you can really see that they share a great bond. She is in touch with Caesar Wu(who btw is the closest to didi) and Darren Chen(based on their recent weibo updates) so I am sure that she is definitely in touch with Didi with whom she spent most of the time with. It's just that based on their recent interviews most of the questions were related to their relationship and didi being teased by Dee Hsu on a live interaction session wasn't helping him at all. So I guess they are avoiding any kind of interaction that may lead to catch public/fans attention. Lets not forget Dylan is still in debut stages of his career. Just because they don't interact on social media or something is not visible to us doesn't mean that they don't share the same bond anymore. I personally think they are good friends and keep in touch with each other. I also remember watching a bts where didi was telling to yueyue "lets not forget each other". 

Are there any promotional events coming up which may reunite our F5? I recently saw that F4 was in an event and I was so sad to not see SY with them. She also finished filming her upcoming drama I guess. And when will Dylan announce his next project???? I can't wait to see him in another drama or movie. 

This is my first time watching a mainland drama without Cantonese dubbing, so I was surprised to learn that they also dubbed the Mandarin! I didn't know China was so strict about how things are pronounced. It was nice to hear Dylan's real voice in interviews.

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Interesting article about all the versions of Hana Yori Dango, including Meteor garden 2018 from Javabeans over at Dramabeans:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/to-all-the-flower-boys-ive-loved-before/

I’m worked up now because the author isn’t showing enough love for DMS’ pineapple hair. Haha. Nobody says anything about DMS that’s not 100% worship on my watch! 

The gripe is that Doumyouji is supposed to have curly hair. But I’d just like to say that Dylan can rock curly hair too! Maybe the Chinese censors weren’t ready for this level of hotness x super cuteness! A god amongst men. His beauty, it kills me, even when he’s just drinking coffee from a paper cup :rolleyes:

Dh4-9sJV4AE0Uhx.jpg

^ I was bothered too when the author was not loving the pineapple hair... saying it was not natural, but rather just a choice of hairstyle. Ack! I stopped reading the article after that paragraph. LMAO

====

There's some rumor that both Didi and SY will be guesting in this variety show called The Inn? I hope so. My DyShen heart!! Hehehe

Meanwhile, I am watching clips of Didi playing basketball. He played his best even though his team lost, and then acknowledged it was his fault with the promise to be better next time. Aww baby Didi, don't blame yourself. You are great at what you do...

Pineapple hair ftw!!!!! I think she got it all wrong. The hair is supposed to symbolize his rebellious nature, no??? While Gu Jun Pyo had the same hair til the end, our Si puppy gradually let go of his pineapple hairstyle after falling in love with SC. So the hair is not meaningless? 

-----------

I have become this crazy stalker fangirl, who goes through all his social media fanaccounts to monitor all his activities. LOL. Only God can save me. Didi should quickly sign up a drama put me out of my misery. Sighhhhh. 

@starry58 Thanks for assuring me that I'm not alone in this obsession

Hahaha. Yes I was really happy this week because of his numerous appearance in lots of events. I only wished I could see SY with the F4 as well. Sighh. I did read somewhere that she will be joining them in some event on Sept 20, dunno how reliable that source is. Fingers crossed anyways. 

The highlight of this week's events is when Caesar attended Didi's basketball match. It was so endearing to see him cheer for him. Friendship goals!!! 

Some of my baby's pictures from last week. He truly is God's own masterpiece. As I said before, it's illegal to look this good. 

tumblr_pf7j8mPnQs1w3zu7p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pf5sheGtU31w3zu7p_1280.jpg

Spoiler

DnV9uxeUwAALyY6?format=jpg

tumblr_pf5ryrKwuR1w3zu7p_1280.jpg

Only he can pull off this cowboy outfit. Lol

Spoiler

tumblr_pf3txeNNhN1w3zu7p_1280.jpg

Puppy stretching

tumblr_pf3ts0KeQX1w3zu7p_1280.jpg

Archived