Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

6 hours ago, savingemily said:

Am I the only one who got hyped up that he is actually half-naked here and SC is there, holding the water hose? I mean he is most likely just wearing trunks and just thinking about it makes my imagination run wild. LMAO. Omg pardon my crazy thoughts :sweat_smile:

I was thinking about this scene too! haha. We're supposed to believe he's naked right?? I mean they're married, so why should he shower with clothes on. That's what I'll believe anyways lol.

I agree the food scene was hard to swallow but this was pure Domyouji and I'm kind of glad they did it. I always hated when he slapped her/girls in the manga, I think it may have happened twice or so? Somehow I preferred the sweet and sour pork container than an outright slap, lol. Anyways, I cried with SC that first ep when she broke down to Lei and it got me hooked to the show immediately.  You could tell he regretted it as soon as he did it. In the end, I think MG2018 DS growth is more developed and satisfying to watch than any other version.

I just read all 80 chapters out of Hana Nochi Dare, the sequel to HYD manga. Anyone else reading?? I kind of love it haha.. The essence and characters are kind of similar yet so different. The main guy is kind of a dork, the heroine isn't as blind to the guys' feelings and the second lead is much more forward so the love triangle is fleshed out a lot more from the beginning.

• Like 5

It's almost strange to see SC crushing on and getting her heart broken because of Lei in the early eps because I only remember the SC who stood in the rain for two days for Si. Hahaha. I almost forgot that SC who was pining over Lei even after knowing that he loves Jing. Now it's really funny thinking about how many times she has ditched Lei and went to be with Si (the bus chase, London arc etc) while watching these eps where she is in love with Lei. LOL. And how she sees Dao Ming Si as nothing but a immature petulant bully. Ahhhhh this rewatch is purely exciting, I can't wait to reach the eps where she sees him differently eventually developing feelings for this man-child, whom she used to despise. Eeeeee. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, feliset said:

just read all 80 chapters out of Hana Nochi Dare, the sequel to HYD manga. Anyone else reading?? I kind of love it haha.. The essence and characters are kind of similar yet so different. The main guy is kind of a dork, the heroine isn't as blind to the guys' feelings and the second lead is much more forward so the love triangle is fleshed out a lot more from the beginning.

I’m so glad you mentioned this. I read the first chapter of the HND, but was so depressed Domyouji wasn’t in it so I stopped reading it. But if you’re saying that it’s good, that’s enough for me! Maybe Angie Chai can adapt that too. A whole meteor garden television universe, please! 

4 hours ago, rocat said:

Heh, unfortunately not. It’s for the Meteor Garden promotion...sorry I wasn’t clear earlier. It is one of him looking all haughty in a suit. I doubt I’ll go back to the area again cos I’m flying off soon. Sorry to disappoint!

Bench has Park Hyung Sik all over their display windows. Not complaining.

Yes! That is what I saw.

But I am not based here but want to if they are coming in Nov. Keke.

OMG, I would literally do a Hua Ze Lei and snog that billboard if I saw it!! I live in the UK and nobody has even heard of MG here, so I won’t be seeing any billboards of him :bawling: One time I saw a tiny poster of Aaron Kwok and I thought that was amazing. *sigh* 

On the rewatch I’m still finding SC’s obsession with Lei so difficult to watch. Have to fast forward those bits. Too upsetting. It will be the same with the engagement with Xiao Zi, and Caina and Meizuo for different reasons (curse you Terrence (care so little that I haven’t even checked how to spell your name) - you massive waste of HD screen time!!!). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

I’m so glad you mentioned this. I read the first chapter of the HND, but was so depressed Domyouji wasn’t in it so I stopped reading it. But if you’re saying that it’s good, that’s enough for me! Maybe Angie Chai can adapt that too. A whole meteor garden television universe, please!

It's a lighter read. I feel like the main characters have their quirks but are much less flawed so while it's not as frustrating to read, the highs and lows are neither as high or as low as the original and the impact isn't quite the same. The characters are quicker to realize/express their feelings so that's kind of refreshing. It's still satisfying my craving overall. Tsukasa is mentioned often and there are cameos from the other guys so far.

There's a j-drama out.. not sure how good it is though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, I've been out of town. Did anyone else find the ending sort of ambiguous? I am wondering if I am losing something in translation and if people who finished the manga or watched the earlier versions can tell me for sure... but are we 100% certain the ending after she blacked out wasn't just a dream? It's just so strange with the "conjuring" and DMZ etc. Did that happen in the manga or earlier versions? At first, I thought, they've left this open to be just a dream that she wakes up from and could totally make a season 2...but that might just be wishful thinking on my part haha.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, kokodus said:

Initially I saw lots of comments saying that Shan Cai has been over reacting, because this version of Si didn't even do anything terrible, like he didn't step on her phone intentionally, also he didn't send men to harrass her either. Well the problem is that if we compare him to the previous 2001 Ah si, or Tsukasa/Gu Jun Pyo he indeed would seem a 100 times more better. But if we compare him to a normal person like you and me, he does seem to have extreme anger management issues. That scene where he slammed the food on her face was very painful to watch. Also the way he pushed Li zhen away violently. Any guy who grew up with a sister wouldn't be soo violent with other girls. That's what I thought when I first watched it, but I think his violent behaviour can very well be attributed to his mom and his sister as well seeing how they both treat him. His sister means well of course, but I guess he never learnt that he shouldnt hit girls. Not a problem, SC was there to teach him how to behave. LOL. He totally deserved that flying kick imo

We can clearly see the flash of regret in his face immediately after he slammed the food on her. He knew what he did was wrong but his hardass self can't apologize or make it right, hence why that flying kick was needed. Hahaha. 

Yes! My initial reaction (having not seen the original or read the manga or found you guys until episode 10) was that this guy is abusive and by the forced kiss scene I totally felt that he assaulted her. Had that been my daughter or friend, I would have wanted her to call the cops. It isn't until later, that I found myself excusing this behavior because I love the DMS character, you understand why he is the way he is as the story unfolds, and you do see those flashes of regret. It still doesn't make what he did ok at all though especially as he is yelling at her that it is her fault the whole time. I think the people who have seen earlier versions don't realize how violent this still looks/is when you aren't comparing it to something else.

A totally unrelated comment - but my daughter (4) was watching the bus scene with me. And, you can tell we're from Boston because she says..."why is no one yelling at them to stop talking and move it!" That was my initial reaction too. The people on that bus were way too nice letting them have their moment, haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, rocat said:

Yes! That is what I saw.

But I am not based here but want to if they are coming in Nov. Keke.

Ohh, I thought you were, hoping to meet you though in Nov if you're coming back there (hope that doesn't sound creepy lol) 

I'mma teleport myself there if Dylan (and MG2018 casts) will go. :joy:

5 hours ago, feliset said:

I was thinking about this scene too! haha. We're supposed to believe he's naked right?? I mean they're married, so why should he shower with clothes on. That's what I'll believe anyways lol.

Exactly my thoughts haha! Glad I wasn't alone. I would give the production team plus points for including scenes of what married couples do in the most subtle and innocent way lol. 

5 hours ago, feliset said:

Somehow I preferred the sweet and sour pork container than an outright slap, lol. Anyways, I cried with SC that first ep when she broke down to Lei and it got me hooked to the show immediately.  You could tell he regretted it as soon as he did it. In the end, I think MG2018 DS growth is more developed and satisfying 

This is true. I find it personally disturbing though when he hit her with the food box. First, you don't waste food but most importantly, you don't harm girls.

He, for sure, had anger management issues but it has since then improved up to none after they became an official couple. The wonders of what love can do. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, savingemily said:

@rocat and @mouse007 Are you both based in PH? I once saw him in a LED Ad in MOA Arena when I visited Manila sometime last month. That's probably what you saw? I almost screamed like a dying hyena coz I was too excited when I saw it lol. 

There are rumors circulating too that he's coming to PH this November (some staff from the TV network who acquired the rights for MG2018 said so) but not pretty sure if that's really gunna happen and if with other MG2018 casts. Hoping for both! 

@savingemily I grew up in PH but no, I'm not based there. I would love to have seen the billboard though! Back when the Taiwanese MG was being aired, it was so popular that they put up posters of Jerry Yan everywhere and Bench ran this campaign where you got a free poster of him if you bought something from the store. I remember buying Bench just so I could get my hands on a free poster and I even took care not to get it wrinkled on the way home! LOL

@rocat yes, I saw the Park Hyung Sik ads and he looks pretty awesome! Loved him in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon so much. I think he plays "Mike" in the K version of Suits? I haven't seen it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

I dropped this show a while ago will watch it soon how has it gone? 

@Wotad I personally loved it. It isn't without its faults but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and will watch again. I think it's the best out of all the MG versions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally finished the drama ya'll. SC/DMS domestic bliss is so fun to watch! I had really wanted that in the BoF version 

I have to say this is the favorite so far, but I've only seen BoF haha so now I gotta watch the Japanese and Taiwanese versions to make sure!! What a journey this has been though. This was only the 2nd or 3rd time I've followed a drama while it aired on TV and commented on these forums and everyone's commentaries really enhanced the experience for me. 

Can't wait to see the other upcoming projects our MG and F4 are going to be in because they are bomb as actors. I loved Shen Yue in My Love So Beautiful, but this drama truly made me love her more!! 

10 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@Wotad I personally loved it. It isn't without its faults but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and will watch again. I think it's the best out of all the MG versions.

Ditto. What episode did you give up on @Wotad because it definitely got better and was worth the investment for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@rocat yes, I saw the Park Hyung Sik ads and he looks pretty awesome! Loved him in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon so much. I think he plays "Mike" in the K version of Suits? I haven't seen it.

@mouse007 he was good in SWDBS but not so much in Suits cos there were characters much stronger than his so he was sort of overshadowed. I dropped it halfway. Didn’t like his character in it nor his hair. Hehe.

2 hours ago, savingemily said:

Ohh, I thought you were, hoping to meet you though in Nov if you're coming back there (hope that doesn't sound creepy lol) 

I'mma teleport myself there if Dylan (and MG2018 casts) will go. :joy:

@savingemily haha! What won’t fans do? Srsly, they have a big following here and they just might!

4 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

OMG, I would literally do a Hua Ze Lei and snog that billboard if I saw it!! I live in the UK and nobody has even heard of MG here, so I won’t be seeing any billboards of him :bawling: One time I saw a tiny poster of Aaron Kwok and I thought that was amazing. *sigh* 

On the rewatch I’m still finding SC’s obsession with Lei so difficult to watch. Have to fast forward those bits. Too upsetting. It will be the same with the engagement with Xiao Zi, and Caina and Meizuo for different reasons (curse you Terrence (care so little that I haven’t even checked how to spell your name) - you massive waste of HD screen time!!!). 

@cantbreathe I would love to see someone do that - cracks me up just imagining it! Such fun!

@maisquared I haven't seen the J version yet but I plan to watch it at some point since many have said it's one of the best versions as well (although now I think a lot of people agree this may have surpassed the J version as well). Just a word of caution, the Taiwanese version was done over 10 years ago so it's kinda old and there are 2 seasons. Most people hated Season 2 because most of the season was around the amnesia arc so it's a little painful to watch!

@cantbreathe LOL! I laughed reading your comment on how Terrence was such a waste of HD screen time! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, maisquared said:

Finally finished the drama ya'll. SC/DMS domestic bliss is so fun to watch! I had really wanted that in the BoF version 

I have to say this is the favorite so far, but I've only seen BoF haha so now I gotta watch the Japanese and Taiwanese versions to make sure!! What a journey this has been though. This was only the 2nd or 3rd time I've followed a drama while it aired on TV and commented on these forums and everyone's commentaries really enhanced the experience for me. 

Can't wait to see the other upcoming projects our MG and F4 are going to be in because they are bomb as actors. I loved Shen Yue in My Love So Beautiful, but this drama truly made me love her more!! 

Ditto. What episode did you give up on @Wotad because it definitely got better and was worth the investment for me. 

I gave up at episode 21

To fix my heart broken with the ending I watch Hana Yori Dango the Movie Japan version and I'm totally cure!!

The ending is the best from all the version.

one thing that I remember, since it's on the same language, DS Japan version can play with one of DS characters which is dumb with word :joy:

He usually make mistake by saying something without realize it and I found is cute and hilarious :lol: and you can't find it in other versions.

• Like 1

I only had the opportunity to watch this interview with subs today. And its amazing seeing the F5's easy chemistry. It feels like they have known each other for a long time. Certain moments you can tell they are having their inside jokes as they burst out laughing randomly seeing each other. It's really cute. Also so surprised seeing Dylan berating himself for his singing skills. I only know the Dylan who is soooo confident for his own good. LOL. Loved how Shen Yue encouraged him and said his raping skills are very good. And he totally is a fanboy of Caeser Wu, he kept saying that he is very handsome, idk whether he is teasing him or saying what he truly feels. LOL. It's funny seeing all the boys except Guan Hong "teasing" SY for her simple looks. Hahahahaha. I think they always do that because she doesn't even flinch and let them say whatever they want. LOL. 

@bccem99 You are not the only one who felt the ending was weird. Trust me everyone here felt the same and we have all watched at least two versions of the same story. The wedding is not in the manga, crct me if I'm wrong because I haven't read the manga myself. The J version has the most beautiful and a fairytale like wedding. It was almost surreal. I'm most certain that the writers were drunk while writing the wedding plot, I can't justify that craziness otherwise. Meh. I've decided to forget that it ever happened. Lol. 

@parksooha Yes I missed that running joke where Tsukasa messes up with words. Even GJP in the K version, messes up the old sayings. Alas, this Dao Ming Si is a top student. Lol. Brainy guys are sexy but there was childish innocence with the stupid ignorant guys, but honestly Si is equally stupid in other aspects so somehow it worked. LOL. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, feliset said:

It's a lighter read. I feel like the main characters have their quirks but are much less flawed so while it's not as frustrating to read, the highs and lows are neither as high or as low as the original and the impact isn't quite the same. The characters are quicker to realize/express their feelings so that's kind of refreshing. It's still satisfying my craving overall. Tsukasa is mentioned often and there are cameos from the other guys so far.

There's a j-drama out.. not sure how good it is though.

Silently reading this thread for a while but appearing just to respond to this :ph34r:

I watched the J-drama first and liked it enough to start on the manga. I quite like it and enjoyed Hirano Sho's portrayal of Haruto. There are some cameos from the original F4 too so it's fun (Just don't hope to watch MatsuJun ... clearly...). However, the ending.... is... what?! Suddenly MG2018 wedding scene feels better to me. 

4 hours ago, parksooha said:

To fix my heart broken with the ending I watch Hana Yori Dango the Movie Japan version and I'm totally cure!!

The ending is the best from all the version.

one thing that I remember, since it's on the same language, DS Japan version can play with one of DS characters which is dumb with word :joy:

He usually make mistake by saying something without realize it and I found is cute and hilarious :lol: and you can't find it in other versions.

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@parksooha Yes I missed that running joke where Tsukasa messes up with words. Even GJP in the K version, messes up the old sayings. Alas, this Dao Ming Si is a top student. Lol. Brainy guys are sexy but there was childish innocence with the stupid ignorant guys, but honestly Si is equally stupid in other aspects so somehow it worked. LOL. 

Actually MG2018 also did include the language problem. I'm not sure if the subs from Netflix translate the jokes well since I watched raw. However, I don't think they covered a lot. Maybe just 5 incidences in the whole drama? I recall DMS in TW version also kept saying the wrong words. I think Doumyoji/DMS/GJP basically are fluent in foreign languages but sucks at their own mother-tongue. :D

Anyway, after MG2018, I was thinking of rewatching but much as I wanna see the sweet scenes again, I'm not sure if I can rewatch. The flaw will be more glaring. By flaw, I refer to the way they execute the story. Weird editing and lazy writing. However credit must be given when deserved. The production team did a good job in casting and emp up the heart fluttering scenes.  I have been rewatching the episodes when DMS moved in to Shancai's building and the island arc though. These two episodes have fewer scenes for me to do fast forward :P

• Like 3

Two things I didn't notice in Jing's bday party during my first watch

- SC was jealous when Si was talking to some random girl at the party, she even mentions it later when she gets too drunk. LOL. That is so strange, given how their last encounter was literally a nightmare for her. I'm taking about the rooftop scene where he force kissed her. 

- Si is having some kind of glass beads or something like that on his pineapple head. Guess he decorates his pineapple head during special occasions, I didn't notice it before. LOL. I'm amazed at how he takes care of it meticulously, he puts all girls to shame. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Ashdkslzbsks they just released the BTS for London scenes. Can these two adorkable small and big idiots/fools get any cuter? My heart :love:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTS of the island arc. They have released a bunch of BTS videos today I guess, my Twitter feed is full of dyshen stuff. LOL. My shipper heart is filled tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1