Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

guys anyone here have that bts pic wherein Shancai is all dressed up in a black dress and she’s sitting while crying?  

I need it badly. its that footage thas has not shown up yet. I’ve seen it before but was not able to capture it, now I’m having a hard time finding it 

• Like 3

Watched the raws today and

Spoiler

they took away amnesia to give us this richard simmons? Suddenly SC forgot everything she said about fighting for their love and apparently we needed all those flashbacks for her to remember? 

Give me back amnesia plot and get rid of this! Or better, give ME amnesia! What did I just watch T_T

sorry rant over. Just holding on till the wedding :|

• Like 5

I read this in drama and suddenly remember that this is happen in MG2001 but not in 2018 :(

This is happen when a thief bragging to SC house and DS come in sleepware

hyd_v27_142.jpg?token=a915f872bccce8846c

hyd_v27_143.jpg?token=c6031614793a1fda78

To bad Dylan doesn't have a chance to say this line. I can only imagining it

• Like 3

Spoiler
17 hours ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

Me too! Has anyone else noticed in BTS footage all the female leads are SO uncomfortable and shy and run away? I’ve watched over 30 kdramas and watching the episodes everyone seems SO confident and it executed perfect then I get curious do a YouTube search for BTS and the girls are always so awkward. I watched BTS footage of W-Two Worlds and and the main lead literally ran out of the door after a kiss scene because she was so embarrassed and I watched it in the episode and you would have had NO IDEA she was feeling that way. They are really good actors it’s crazy. 

I also feel like that, they are young and cheerful. As rookie artists they all succeed in playing each character well, this is a drama that is quite difficult because of the up and down flow. It's the first time I've seen C-drama is ongoing, so many video teaser and BTS to pass the time waiting for the next episode. It's not like following k-dramas are ongoing that make frustrating because very little teaser and BTS

• Like 2

The video of DMZ dancing like she owns it is hilarious. The actress is also pretty loud in real life and isn't afraid to do silly things in the name of entertainment. I am just not sure how that fits into the narrative - was she doing that to irritate the mother? 

Like the majority of you, I'm irked by the statue kisses. They remind me of those from a younger Park Shin Hye - she's gotten loads better. Perhaps when these two get older, they'll do better. But to ask that they do those from What's wrong with Sec Kim is a little overwhelming for the young ones. I guess we'd just have to use our imaginations - and from what I've read so far, it can run quite the gamut. Keke.

Netflix has eps up till 43 i think, at least on my screen...A Youtube one has eps till 46 ...

But the pacing seems to be the same .... I've seen nothing new yet. Where would I be able to see 47/48? (gahhh...i keep asking these questions....sorry)

• Like 5

Are you all sure that those scenes are their wedding? Because in manga we have a prom at the end. So I think if this drama stick so close to manga maybe this isn't wedding scene but prom scenes. And you can see from photos that there are people from school not her parents and so on...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Watched the raws today and

Hide contents

they took away amnesia to give us this richard simmons? Suddenly SC forgot everything she said about fighting for their love and apparently we needed all those flashbacks for her to remember? 

Give me back amnesia plot and get rid of this! Or better, give ME amnesia! What did I just watch T_T

sorry rant over. Just holding on till the wedding :|

Spoiler

@insertusernamehereikr!! That whole part beginning with DMS’ mum not showing up to dinner to the door break up made me roll my eyes. Although the flashbacks were most of my favourite moments, I wasn’t emotionally connecting with the arc because of how many times I’ve seen SC wavering. It should have been straight to the hunger strike! 

I understand why they kept the hunger strike in though. That really showed DMS and SC at their best, displaying the same resolve and mettle (eventually... when she’s not forgetting all the stuff he’s ever done for her). Also, they need the strike to break down DMF, because they’ve deviated from the manga with how they’ve dealt with his her. She’s pretty insane here, but kudos to the actress for doing it so well, she’s really intimidating in her insanity! 

I did let out a laugh at this scene when I saw the pictures of DMF on the wall though. Who puts pictures like this of themselves on the wall?  Haha.

10e0bd3688a8ad9ccf4a4a7ab1741627.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

42 minutes ago, rocat said:

The video of DMZ dancing like she owns it is hilarious. The actress is also pretty loud in real life and isn't afraid to do silly things in the name of entertainment. I am just not sure how that fits into the narrative - was she doing that to irritate the mother? 

Like the majority of you, I'm irked by the statue kisses. They remind me of those from a younger Park Shin Hye - she's gotten loads better. Perhaps when these two get older, they'll do better. But to ask that they do those from What's wrong with Sec Kim is a little overwhelming for the young ones. I guess we'd just have to use our imaginations - and from what I've read so far, it can run quite the gamut. Keke.

Netflix has eps up till 43 i think, at least on my screen...A Youtube one has eps till 46 ...

But the pacing seems to be the same .... I've seen nothing new yet. Where would I be able to see 47/48? (gahhh...i keep asking these questions....sorry)

I watch the RAWS here http://www.111drama.com/v/play/47487-1-26.html 

but I’m not sure about subbed. x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rocky689 said:

What the hell is this? I am dying....

I hope this is part of prom and not the wedding scene. Or maybe we are being trolled, same as the statue kiss in the teaser for the wedding scene. 

It is a cool dance scene but I don’t see how that can fit into the narrative or the mood! :angry:

Also thoughts on 47-48 ....

Spoiler

I felt pacing was weird, 47 was mainly filler, with focus on relationship between XM and XY. Then in 48, all of a sudden full on angst again. Maybe I have too high expectations for the last few episodes :( 

The conversation that SC and DMS had separated by the door was emotional but then I felt that they were circling around the same issues again so it felt like there is little progression/pay off to the angst and we are just filling time until we get to the wedding scene. Also found myself wishing that F3 and XZ can be smarter/take more agency in helping out with the situation instead of just asking SC to convince DMS to eat and let go of the relationship. I saw preview that XZ will put her foot down eventually, if so why not earlier? 

Idk, overall I was let down by these 2 episodes.. maybe I was expecting too much. But here’s hoping we get a satisfying conclusion for the last episode! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Hide contents

@insertusernamehereikr!! That whole part beginning with DMS’ mum not showing up to dinner to the door break up made me roll my eyes. Although the flashbacks were most of my favourite moments, I wasn’t emotionally connecting with the arc because of how many times I’ve seen SC wavering. It should have been straight to the hunger strike! 

I understand why they kept the hunger strike in though. That really showed DMS and SC at their best, displaying the same resolve and mettle (eventually... when she’s not forgetting all the stuff he’s ever done for her). Also, they need the strike to break down DMF, because they’ve deviated from the manga with how they’ve dealt with his her. She’s pretty insane here, but kudos to the actress for doing it so well, she’s really intimidating in her insanity! 

I did let out a laugh at this scene when I saw the pictures of DMF on the wall though. Who puts pictures like this of themselves on the wall?  Haha.

10e0bd3688a8ad9ccf4a4a7ab1741627.jpg

Spoiler

Another couple led breakup?????? Say it isn’t so. I thought we were way past that with the Island arc and amnesia fakeout. How frustrating..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, parksooha said:

I read this in drama and suddenly remember that this is happen in MG2001 but not in 2018 :(

This is happen when a thief bragging to SC house and DS come in sleepware

This happened in MG2018 too, though lines are a little bit different. I can't remember what episode (my memory sucks lol) but I'm pretty sure this is in the drama as well. 

This is before DMS decided to move next door to watch over SC. 

•••••••••••••••••

**Btw, this is completely unrelated but just a soft reminder that when quoting a post with photos/videos, pls delete it/them first before replying/posting as per Soompi thread's rules. Something to do with bandwith, etc. 

• Like 3

oh boy. Just caught up with the latest eps in a whirlwind called what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-his-mother.

What a crazy witch.

Anyhow, I didn't know that the 520 roses meant I-love-you. It's supposed to be a homophone but the Chinese pronunciation of the numbers is rather far from it. But that was a nice scene. What you can learn from dramas these days...

Spoiler

I particularly liked the scene where both leads were talking through the door, much more than the break-up scene in London. I could feel the tenacity of their love in this one and just how far they were willing to go to protect that. The convo flowed pretty naturally and is much less contrived than a third-person reference to themselves in the London one. Subtle but not subliminal! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

The character of DMZ and the actress is really great/hilarious. Has she been in anything else?

Google Dee Hsu...she’s a bit of a comedienne

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

The character of DMZ and the actress is really great/hilarious. Has she been in anything else?

She is the real sister of the Barbie Hsu, the original Shan Cai from 2001 Meteor Garden. She is a very famous variety show host known for being racy and sexually harassing male celebrities. 

She was even asking in a bts why there was no kiss scene between brother and sister in MG 2018

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Here’s Dylan’s new music video. For hardcore Dylan fans (and MG fans passing time until the finale comes out). 

https://youtu.be/FzUhxrMnJsg

I know he’s not a great singer, and the video is cringey (god forbid my husband walks in while I’m watching it), but it doesn’t stop me, haha.

Btw, before anyone gets defensive, I love Dylan, and I know he’s probably contractually obliged to release music, so he has no say. But he’s self deprecating about his own abilities, so you can guess he probably just enjoys it and doesn’t take himself too seriously. 

As an aside - have you heard Hu Yitian sing the ALSB theme song? He’s got a really nice voice!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Here’s Dylan’s new music video. For hardcore Dylan fans (and MG fans passing time until the finale comes out). 

I know he’s not a great singer, and the video is cringey (god forbid my husband walks in while I’m watching it), but it doesn’t stop me, haha.

Btw, before anyone gets defensive, I love Dylan, and I know he’s probably contractually obliged to release music, so he has no say. But he’s self deprecating about his own abilities, so you can guess he probably just enjoys it and doesn’t take himself too seriously. 

As an aside - have you heard Hu Yitian sing the ALSB theme song? He’s got a really nice voice!

Totally agree about the cringey part. Good thing the boy’s got swag and easy on the eye. And dear me, he’s Hwang Tae-Kyung.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

This is the video he is going to be embarrassed with when he is 30, lol. He looks so much younger here too than in MG.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

34 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

This is the video he is going to be embarrassed with when he is 30, lol. He looks so much younger here too than in MG.

He has plenty of videos circulating the internet to be embarrassed about, not only this one

• Like 4
  • LOL 2