Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

The kisses in LoveO2O are also equally as sad and depressing lol. What's Yang Yang got to work with?! Zheng Shuang (who I guess in the remake of Meteor Garden so it's kind of relevant..) dated her co-star Hans Zhang for 5 years so I'm gonna think they didn't stay together for that long with her kissing like a dead fish haha. But yah, goes back to agree with what @insertusernamehere  and some others have said where (even in Kdramas) women are the ones who just have to stand there and not move their lips like they can't be enjoying a kiss and still be a nice girl. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, maisquared said:

The kisses in LoveO2O are also equally as sad and depressing lol. What's Yang Yang got to work with?! Zheng Shuang (who I guess in the remake of Meteor Garden so it's kind of relevant..) dated her co-star Hans Zhang for 5 years so I'm gonna think they didn't stay together for that long with her kissing like a dead fish haha. But yah, goes back to agree with what @insertusernamehere  and some others have said where (even in Kdramas) women are the ones who just have to stand there and not move their lips like they can't be enjoying a kiss and still be a nice girl. 

fyi Zheng Shuang was voted worst kisser in China so her kisses have been pissing everyone off since forever. I don't understand how she still lands romcoms when kissing is a requirement. Yang Yang looks like an amazing kisser, it's so satisfying seeing him kissing other leading ladies who actually reciprocate. Shen Yue might end up on those polls as well going by these whack kisses from MG. I just want to reach into my screen and pry her lips open.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Spoiler
8 hours ago, myinnerbattles said:

i'm getting anxious... i'm not ready to part with this drama yet. my mother is even crazier than me, she's seriously replaying episodes on Netflix like EVERY SINGLE DAY lol 

and we both ship DyShen so hard, although we know it's just gonna break our hearts haha 

btw, i'm upset that many chinese netizens bash SY and the drama, i'm not very familiar with entertainment culture in china, but i really don't get why MG2018 is getting so much hate and so little support... 

Hoel really  :anguished:  Why don't they like SY and MG2018? can you explain in more detail, I'm curious :D

As far as I've seen in IG and YTB MG 2018 enthusiasts are big enough, even this will broadcast local TV stations in my country.
Keep the spirit for MG2018 Team, there are still many who support and like this drama

As far as this drama goes I really enjoy, it's like a cure:
1. I finally saw SC and DMS behave like people dating. They have a lot of sweet scenes that I don't find much in the old MG Taiwan and   BBF
2. All F4 members have Love stories, even though I still don't know who will end up with Lei and Mizuo ^^
3. This drama is very good at describing changes in the nature of SC and DMS, they are really growing because of their relationship. Especially DMS, I enjoy seeing how arrogant boys become more mature, responsible, and sweet

• Like 4

@qqbr21 as far as im aware it was because of some ruckus her ex-classmates kick because she deleted them off her weibo contact list, where she lashes right back that they have not contact each other in 800 years so that is why she deleted them and it had nothing to do with her becoming an actress as Shen Yue was a hit before MG, she was already a hit when she partake in 'A Love so Beautiful' with Hu Yi Tian....but MG is happen to widen up her fame more and i guess some ppl didnt like the thought of deleted and they wanted to show off saying hey i know this person!!! :x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
33 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@qqbr21 as far as im aware it was because of some ruckus her ex-classmates kick because she deleted them off her weibo contact list, where she lashes right back that they have not contact each other in 800 years so that is why she deleted them and it had nothing to do with her becoming an actress as Shen Yue was a hit before MG, she was already a hit when she partake in 'A Love so Beautiful' with Hu Yi Tian....but MG is happen to widen up her fame more and i guess some ppl didnt like the thought of deleted and they wanted to show off saying hey i know this person!!! :x

Thank you for the information
hmm I wish the best for SY. She is a rookie actress who is starting to be recognized, and I think his acting is good (therefore she immediately became the main character at the beginning of her debut). The people around her are only very jealous . I hope to see SY and Dylan can meet in a new project. I'm also very curious, what if SY has long hair :D

• Like 3

Spoiler

They made DMS wear an ugly richard simmons jacket this episode. Still not as bad as Meizuo, but why??

His tailored coats have been amazing up until now, and then they had to go an give him this jacket with flamenco sleeves <_<

0655424b6ef424e192e5d3f67ee45fbf.jpg

2422cb9e686ab4929d7d5b0baca43ee5.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

13 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

me still stuck at ep 30.. haven't moved forward.. how are they treating my lei.. did baby cry a lot?

Not being mean, but even i think she is quite ordinary to look at..

i don't know how much generalization can be done, but when i look at chinese girls at restaurants, buses.. just wherever.. damn! they are pretty.. too too too pretty

i think china and this iran-afghan-pakistan-kashmir muslim belt. are two places full of beauty.. like every girl is pretty.. specially the original muslims.. both men and women.. drop dead gorgeous

oh really. but I just found chinese girls on streets ordinary when I went to Beijing before, like they’re mostly white skinned, slanted eyes and long legged but just average on look.  The country where I find the prettiest girls on streets is Japan, almost all the girls I saw on streets of Japan were really pretty that you’ll look twice

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cantbreathe said:
  Hide contents

They made DMS wear an ugly richard simmons jacket this episode. Still not as bad as Meizuo, but why??

His tailored coats have been amazing up until now, and then they had to go an give him this jacket with flamenco sleeves <_<

Omg, totally agree about that jacket. I was so distracted by its ugliness that it took me out of what was actually happening :confused:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, qqbr21 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for the information
hmm I wish the best for SY. She is a rookie actress who is starting to be recognized, and I think his acting is good (therefore she immediately became the main character at the beginning of her debut). The people around her are only very jealous . I hope to see SY and Dylan can meet in a new project. I'm also very curious, what if SY has long hair :D

Me too! Has anyone else noticed in BTS footage all the female leads are SO uncomfortable and shy and run away? I’ve watched over 30 kdramas and watching the episodes everyone seems SO confident and it executed perfect then I get curious do a YouTube search for BTS and the girls are always so awkward. I watched BTS footage of W-Two Worlds and and the main lead literally ran out of the door after a kiss scene because she was so embarrassed and I watched it in the episode and you would have had NO IDEA she was feeling that way. They are really good actors it’s crazy. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bccem99 said:

I am waiting for the NF episodes and trying not to watch any of the videos. However, I will chime in with some random thoughts about the show in general:

1. SY is a great actress for many reasons, but especially for making us believe she did not enjoy kissing Dylan in those first 10 episodes, lol. That must have been a tough challenge for real.

2. One of the reasons why I like the show is because SC is a strong female lead. She doesn't put up with DMS bullying and she has a strong sense of social justice. And, I appreciate that he only falls in love with a woman who is strong and that his attraction is largely based on respect. He can't respect the girls that fawn over him. But, this is why the love scenes seem so strange to me after the necktie pulling scene. She's a strong, modern woman that wants equality and yet after that scene she is not into the kisses and can't seem to say ILY. It's very strange, at least to this American viewer. And, it's not like she even has to worry about him reciprocating her feelings because he has been more than clear that he loves her.

3. They really make Dylan look mature in the show because every photo of him not in the show really looks like a teen. 

4. I was really happy when he finally said he would be fine on his own since he made his first million when he was 18. I get that he has expectations to take over the business, but it isn't like he is without options here to make money.

5. I really don't know what I am going to do when this show is over!? Watch all the previous versions? Wait until this cast has new projects to watch?

@bccem99 Hahahaha! I laughed so hard on point #1!! Because how could anyone not enjoy kissing that gorgeous human being right??

and yes I agree on all of your points especially #2. I love that the reasons as to why DS loves SC so much has nothing to do with her looks, intelligence or social class but rather her character. And that is what makes her so beautiful and attractive to him. 

As for point #3, I thought the same! His age shows a lot when you watch BTS or other videos of him on YouTube. Like you can really tell he’s very young. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, marielou92 said:

oh really. but I just found chinese girls on streets ordinary when I went to Beijing before, like they’re mostly white skinned, slanted eyes and long legged but just average on look.  The country where I find the prettiest girls on streets is Japan, almost all the girls I saw on streets of Japan were really pretty that you’ll look twice

he he.. i thought japanese were very ordinary.. but i was impressed with impeccable dressing.. 

there are a lot of well maintained countries, but man! no one wears clothes like japanese ( a) its actually cheaper than buying from premium outlets in the US and Europe for sure is expensive than US; b) so much variety.. i have never seen so much variety for global brands too in their US factory outlets vs japan; everyone is just always dressed in crisp , pretty, quality clothes)

• Like 2

On 8/25/2018 at 3:17 AM, myinnerbattles said:

hello, i'm new here and needed an outlet for all the feels this show is giving me :blush:

i love everything about MG 2018, especially Shan Cai's family in this version. and of course the new AND IMPROVED (in my opinion) SC and DMS. i've seen the old version, and i never fully understood DMS's affection for SC and vice versa although i loved that show and used to cry whenever i missed a single episode lol but this new version is more relatable and sweet... i don't know how to explain... but the characters are more lovable in this one. 

Welcome! And OMG, same? I was a hardcore Lei-SC shipper back in the days but I swerved lanes here in MG2018, I'm in full gear for AhSi-SC. Lol.

I still like Lei because he's so sweet and everything, but I ship him to myself. Hahaha. 

• Like 2

Hold up! I know I'm late to the #BreakTheHeartsofMG2018FansParty but... I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT DYLAN WANG AND SHEN YUE HAVE DONE SO EXCEPTIONALLY WELL IN THEIR ACTING IN EPISODES 41/42, I'M IN TEARS? 

During the hotspot scene, they didn't really need to say any heartbreaking lines. The way they looked at each other with those longing eyes even before they separate ways spoke so much volume. It's already enough to get me bawling my eyes out. They're literally sitting across each other but it felt like the distance between them is that of Shanghai and London. WHAT A FEELS TRIP THAT WAS. 

I would agree with @feliset, if I didn't know what would happen next, I might've gone crazy waiting for the next episodes. 

Okay, back to the regular programming, I gotta finish the next episodes first til the latest so I could join the fun conversation here again. Just had to swing by to share that I ugly-cried, my eyes are hurting. Lol. 

PS. About that brushing-of-lips kiss type SC gave to DMS before he was dragged to London, I felt like it's because she's shy to just do it like that? Uhm yeah , it's not like she didn't initiate a kiss before but I can understand that she's not really an expressive type of girl. As someone who's also not that affectionate personally, I can feel her struggle. I would've done the same thing if I'm in her shoes, even if internally I wanted to do something more. Lmao. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, marielou92 said:

Me too!!! I like the beauty of Japanese women.  I'm not into CDrama or Chinese Actresses coz for me they all look the same(no offense)...  But when I saw Shen Yue, she captivated me. :relaxed:

• Like 1

Warning spoiler for a future kiss.

Spoiler

Omg are you kidding me with this closed mouth kiss at the wedding? I’m going to tear my hair out. Come on girl lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, feliset said:

Reveal hidden contents

Omg are you kidding me with this closed mouth kiss at the wedding? I’m going to tear my hair out. Come on girl lol.

Whoah there, she's consistent. This time, I'm becoming frustrated now, I don't understand anymore how can she do that, like c'mon? AAaAaaHhhH.

Btw, is this episode 48? 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Jealous SI is my fav si 

i love how everybody is comfortable enough to even tease him about this now haha 

:joy::joy:

Spoiler

ALSO am i the only one who didnt really need this two to have a thing going on ? 

Iknow they hinted at it abit but its just kinda weird ...  ill wait to see the episode i guess 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rimjayc said:
  Hide contents

Jealous SI is my fav si 

i love how everybody is comfortable enough to even tease him about this now haha 

:joy::joy:

Hide contents

ALSO am i the only one who didnt really need this two to have a thing going on ? 

Iknow they hinted at it abit but its just kinda weird ...  ill wait to see the episode i guess 

I kinda of saw it coming with qinghe and lizhen since it seemed like she took over the sakurako role from the manga. I don’t mind but it’s just weird cause we’ve hardly seen them for like a dozen episodes lol.

• Like 2

so tomorrow is still the hunger strike arc and that’s where DMF will give up and will have no choice but to accept Shancai then comes wedding right.

So with, that I’m just wondering where they gonna fit the bts we saw when DMF is cooking for the couple? maybe that’s after the wedding.

and also that bts where Shancai is sitting, wearing a black dress & crying. has anyone seen that pic of her? I didn’t get the chance to screenshot that one & I’m so curious why is she crying on that pic plus she was dressed up on that one <_<

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, feliset said:

Hide contents

At least we have Xiyou, but seriously WHY???

• Like 1