Quantcast
Jump to content

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SnowCedarQueen. said:

Meteor Garden 2018 ; Dao ming Si & Shan Cai [ $ ]https://youtu.be/1nVBD3kLfsY

omg love it.

I don't want MG to end :bawling::bawling:. But I'm also so excited to re-watch. As much as I love the fluff and mutual loving we get blessed with in the third half, I kind of love watching their slow journey towards being a couple even more.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember seeing a post asking if anyone could make HuaZe Lei gifs, so here are some...  P.S. I had to upload the rest under spoiler so this post doesn't get too long.      

What in the world this show is doing to me??? Who in the hell invented that freaking hotpot?? I'm going to kill that person. Seriously why is this soooo painful. Why am I crying this much??? Who opene

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF    Full long preview of episodes 33 + 34   Extra preview:  

47 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

Guys i think maybe its a chinese cultural thing ? 

The femals are never that expressive when it comes to romance and sharring feelings with their SO ( especialy on dramas and fictions ) the hardest to get she seems the better ? 

Doesnt make sense to me lol 

( especialy how yow the leads can be ... i would be all around him too ! Showing him how mush i apreciat his love and efforts ... bcuz doaming si really did his best till now)

but it seems like a theme thats going on since forever in the chinese/tw dramas

 

———————

also can i dare to ask for more jealous/possessive ximen ?????? 

I know we have more drama coming with his first love and XY 

but i wanna see him on that state again 

ceasar stares , and acts on that scene were hot and atractive ( and he wasnt even sure really ... he just acted out of instinct and protectivness for XY)

 

It's not a cultural thing, there are plenty of dramas that are not like this. It might be a problem with idol drama vs adult drama though.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

While everyone is all caught up , I'm still on ep 5 catching up. I'm just waiting for Shancai to start falling for Si, I don't like how she keeps chasing Lei. 

 

One thing I noticed that was really different from his and Boys Over Flowers (I never watched any other version before), was that Si is not as mean as Gu Jun Pyo. Jun Pyo was soooo mean to her in the beginning, that it was understandable why she almost hated him. In here, I only see a spec of that meanness. Which is good :)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocky689 said:

 

It's not a cultural thing, there are plenty of dramas that are not like this. It might be a problem with idol drama vs adult drama though.

 Its not ? xD

i really cant recall a ch/tw drama where the girl is as vocal about her feelings/lust as the boy (comedy apart)

 

also in the original manga sc start being more close and open than in this version 

( she touches him and reaches to him first ! And talk about her feelings too)

 

but hey if its not cultural ! Then my bad 

still annoying (and not fair for doaming si really)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

 Its not ? xD

i really cant recall a ch/tw drama where the girl is as vocal about her feelings/lust as the boy (comedy apart)

 

also in the original manga sc start being more close and open than in this version 

( she touches him and reaches to him first ! And talk about her feelings too)

 

but hey if its not cultural ! Then my bad 

still annoying (and not fair for doaming si really)

 

Hmm, I feel like I watch more fantasy cdramas than modern, but off the top of my head, I'd say Qu Xiaoxiao from Ode to Joy is very much the aggressor and maybe Memory Lost (although I don't remember much about the love part, just that they had great kisses, but I'm still traumatized by parts of that drama).

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

While everyone is all caught up , I'm still on ep 5 catching up. I'm just waiting for Shancai to start falling for Si, I don't like how she keeps chasing Lei. 

 

One thing I noticed that was really different from his and Boys Over Flowers (I never watched any other version before), was that Si is not as mean as Gu Jun Pyo. Jun Pyo was soooo mean to her in the beginning, that it was understandable why she almost hated him. In here, I only see a spec of that meanness. Which is good :)

 

Yeah, it’s so hard to watch when SC is chasing Lei! It’s a bit pathetic, and boy do you feel sorry for DMS when she keeps staring at Lei right in front of him.

I actually can’t watch the scene where Lei kisses SC on the beach and DMS sees it. It’s too upsetting!   :persevere:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lols. Love all of your rxns! 

If we are frustrated watching SC being ultra modest with Si, can you imagine how he must be boiling over inside?

 

I couldn’t believe she kissed him goodbye on the cheek either. Too chaste.

While it is a cultural thing to behave well and mind manners, it is rather odd for her to do that with the boyfriend cos it seemed like she never really reciprocated his feelings. It felt unsure. After so long too. It was incredulous and I wanted something/someone to kick some sense into her. SC is kinda passive here and when she actually says something important she gets all shouty like during the amnesia part in the hospital. Sigh. 

 

Hopefully she’d get better in the last part. 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

 

I was really annoyed when SC didn’t reply to the ‘i love you’ in the tent too. I mean, come on! It’s so rude. He’s doing everything he can to be with you and you’re still refusing to be open with him. 

 

I also felt that they could do something with XZ and Lei. It was more from the scene at the hospital where XZ was with F3 and Lei was talking about Jing. I felt that XZ was starting to understand Lei. Also, since she’s supposed to be like the female version of DMS, she would be perfect for Lei. You can imagine her being all hyper and Lei calming her down. Also, she has been such a good friend and she deserves someone who won’t let her down, and Lei is nothing if not the BEST GUY IN THE WORLD (except for DMS. Joint equal. Sometimes. My feelings can be swayed, haha)

 

I’m hoping the special episode will be like the special episode in ALSB. Like just an hour of them being together. I’d be happy with that. But I’d be EVEN happier with a ten years later sort of thing. Please, please, pretty please! 

 

I’ve been rewatching ALSB and I gotta say, now that I’ve seen and can appreciate the force of nature that is Dylan Wang, it’s like Hu Yitian (who I used to think was really hot) is really meh now, haha. The bar has been reset. And it’s way too high now, haha. 

 

@cantbreathe haha same! I loved ALSB and used to find Hu Yitian hot until I watched MG and Dylan is sooo much hotter!! Lol I’m not gonna lie, Dylan is totally my type and although I am older than him, I dare say I daydream about our life together. Hahahaha! Delusional much!

 

 

2 hours ago, rocky689 said:

 

It's not a cultural thing, there are plenty of dramas that are not like this. It might be a problem with idol drama vs adult drama though.

 

@rocky689 @rimjayc I don’t think it’s necessarily a cultural thing and I have seen it in J and K dramas as well where the kisses are very chaste. I do think they take into consideration the audience and also how old/young the actors/actresses are. 

 

1 hour ago, roxnilla7 said:

While everyone is all caught up , I'm still on ep 5 catching up. I'm just waiting for Shancai to start falling for Si, I don't like how she keeps chasing Lei. 

 

One thing I noticed that was really different from his and Boys Over Flowers (I never watched any other version before), was that Si is not as mean as Gu Jun Pyo. Jun Pyo was soooo mean to her in the beginning, that it was understandable why she almost hated him. In here, I only see a spec of that meanness. Which is good :)

 

@roxnilla7 they did turn down the bullying in this version and also didn’t really emphasize how wealthy all of the F4 are. I think it’s to keep with the times and abide by certain censorship rules. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 9:25 PM, kokodus said:

@lan_lan Do you remember how I said I thought the amnesia arc was a fake out when I first watched BOF, lol, turns out that really is the case here. I can't even...I think this might just become my fav version of HYD....I still don't want to say anything until I watch the finale, but yeah I have strong feeling that this will surpass the J version. Gawwwd. 

 

 

Hi my friend! I haven't been here in soo long since I'm busy subbing AIL, so I haven't had anytime to watch MG since episode 32!  Can you believe that? lol.  I am super happy to hear that.  I will be bingeing the rest in one go once the drama finishes uploading on NF.  Can't wait!!  Give me a holler on how you feel once you see the finale :)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

 

 

@rocky689 @rimjayc I don’t think it’s necessarily a cultural thing and I have seen it in J and K dramas as well where the kisses are very chaste. I do think they take into consideration the audience and also how old/young the actors/actresses are. 

 

well all the cultures you mentioned are conservative, so I wouldn't be surprised if the directing of these (TERRIBLE) kisses across c/j/kdramas was intentional. Growing up in Southeast Asia and studying abroad/working in East Asia, I'd say that women in these countries are generally not at all encouraged to openly enjoy intimacy. To be fair, in real life, Asian young adults don't always act so frustratingly chaste like in the dramas, and we've definitely seen improvement when kdramas go cable, escaping possibly conservative restriction of public network TV (i.e. tvn dramas have much better/realistic kisses, for example). I would also say that a lot of my male Asian friends/ex-bfs are terrible at kissing, most likely because their gfs never tell them that they were bad (or when they were good, since they're not supposed to you know, enjoy/not enjoy it). I finished What's wrong with Secretary Kim around the time that I started MG, and really wished Park Seo Joon could just hold a Master Class in kissing for Didi :| (and Park Min Young for YueYue).

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a cultural thing to talk about getting married so young? Unless I have this wrong, DMS should be 22-23 and SC 20 or at the most 21 - but she is not done with school. Seems very young for elite, college-educated people.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

Is it a cultural thing to talk about getting married so young? Unless I have this wrong, DMS should be 22-23 and SC 20 or at the most 21. Seems very young for elite, college-educated people.

 

You should be glad the Taiwanese and Chinese versions changed the setting to university instead of high school. That was one reason I could never get behind the Korean or Japanese versions, it just felt too ridiculous. I know they don't get married immediately, but this over the top larger than life love story felt even more unrealistic.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lan_lan said:

 

Hi my friend! I haven't been here in soo long since I'm busy subbing AIL, so I haven't had anytime to watch MG since episode 32!  Can you believe that? lol.  I am super happy to hear that.  I will be bingeing the rest in one go once the drama finishes uploading on NF.  Can't wait!!  Give me a holler on how you feel once you see the finale :)

Hey hi @lan_lan!!!! Long time no see!! Haha. I found from one of my friend who is watching AIL that you are subbing it. It must be a very strenous work to sub a whole show. Thank you so much for your hard work, I intend to watch it once I get over my MG obssession. Eeeee. I'll definitely ping you after I finish watching the ending and let you know how it is. 

 

23 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

Is it a cultural thing to talk about getting married so young? Unless I have this wrong, DMS should be 22-23 and SC 20 or at the most 21 - but she is not done with school. Seems very young for elite, college-educated people.

It definitely is!!! I'm 22 myself, and not my parents as much but my relatives have already started asking when I'll get married. I hate going to family ceremonies because of the same reason. Gahhhh. Boys get a little more time though...LOL. But I do admit that not all East Asian families are like that, times have changed and people have become more forward. But since it's a manga that is from 1990s, I guess its not that weird at that time to get married early. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rocky689 said:

 

You should be glad the Taiwanese and Chinese versions changed the setting to university instead of high school. That was one reason I could never get behind the Korean or Japanese versions, it just felt too ridiculous. I know they don't get married immediately, but this over the top larger than life love story felt even more unrealistic.

I am actually very happy that they changed it to a university setting. But, at times it still didn't make any sense. Like, for example the scenes when the rumors were going around and everyone bullied Shancai because of that and she was basically shunned. In Universities over here, everyone minds their own business so I found that aspect of the drama unbelievable. But, it is a drama after all. 

 

@bccem99, I believe it is a cultural thing to talk about getting married young. I for one, got married at 21 and now my parents are already asking for kids (22 now). Most of my cousins also got married young and started their family young... Lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

well all the cultures you mentioned are conservative, so I wouldn't be surprised if the directing of these (TERRIBLE) kisses across c/j/kdramas was intentional. Growing up in Southeast Asia and studying abroad/working in East Asia, I'd say that women in these countries are generally not at all encouraged to openly enjoy intimacy. To be fair, in real life, Asian young adults don't always act so frustratingly chaste like in the dramas, and we've definitely seen improvement when kdramas go cable, escaping possibly conservative restriction of public network TV (i.e. tvn dramas have much better/realistic kisses, for example). I would also say that a lot of my male Asian friends/ex-bfs are terrible at kissing, most likely because their gfs never tell them that they were bad (or when they were good, since they're not supposed to you know, enjoy/not enjoy it). I finished What's wrong with Secretary Kim around the time that I started MG, and really wished Park Seo Joon could just hold a Master Class in kissing for Didi :| (and Park Min Young for YueYue).

 

@insertusernamehere yes, it's true all the cultures I mentioned are conservative but they also have other dramas where the women kiss better (say Queen In Hyun's Man for example). I think if the actor/actresses in the drama are relatively young, they might tone down the kissing/intimacy so as not to offend the general public. I grew up in Southeast Asia as well and now living in North America and culture (to some extent) does play a part in TV shows/dramas. I think more conservative countries generally play it safe. 

 

Although to be honest, I think part of the charm of Asian dramas is that they don't rely on the physical contact to convey the depth of their emotions. I feel like part of the reason as to why we are so hooked is because the physical contact isn't as prevalent and so we are left eagerly waiting and hoping for more. And also because of it, a simple kiss or a touch means so much more. It makes us watch for hidden meanings in the way they look at each other, the meaning behind their words, etc. 

 

I'm planning on watching What's Wrong with Secretary Kim too. I'll be thinking of what you said when I do watch it. LOL

 

47 minutes ago, rocky689 said:

 

You should be glad the Taiwanese and Chinese versions changed the setting to university instead of high school. That was one reason I could never get behind the Korean or Japanese versions, it just felt too ridiculous. I know they don't get married immediately, but this over the top larger than life love story felt even more unrealistic.

 

@rocky689 totally agree with you here. Watching the other versions of MG, I always thought it was a bit unbelievable that they were going through all of it in high school. I think it's more realistic for all of it to take place in university. I also think it opens the door for a wedding more so than a high school setting.

 

49 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

Is it a cultural thing to talk about getting married so young? Unless I have this wrong, DMS should be 22-23 and SC 20 or at the most 21 - but she is not done with school. Seems very young for elite, college-educated people.

 

@bccem99 I don't think it's necessarily cultural. I think some people just choose to get married young. I have several friends who actually married around that age. I personally wouldn't have - I wouldn't have been ready but it works for other people. In DS and SC's case, I think it's okay since they've already been through a lot more than what average people would go through and DS is financially stable. LOL

 

BUT having said that, I think it's more widely accepted or more common in certain cultures especially those with arranged marriages.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

 

Yeah, it’s so hard to watch when SC is chasing Lei! It’s a bit pathetic, and boy do you feel sorry for DMS when she keeps staring at Lei right in front of him.

I actually can’t watch the scene where Lei kisses SC on the beach and DMS sees it. It’s too upsetting!   :persevere:

I couldn't handle it. I end up skipping half of the scenes. It's like, Si treats her so nice!! At this point he's not even bullying her. But she still kept chasing Lei. I felt so bad for DMS. 

The moment they kissed on the beach, I was like.. I bet DMS is watching them. And, of course he is. Lol so typical in a drama. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Hey hi @lan_lan!!!! Long time no see!! Haha. I found from one of my friend who is watching AIL that you are subbing it. It must be a very strenous work to sub a whole show. Thank you so much for your hard work, I intend to watch it once I get over my MG obssession. Eeeee. I'll definitely ping you after I finish watching the ending and let you know how it is.  

 

It got me out of the MG obsession that’s why I’m willing to put in the work. Oops lol. If you need a cure for MG hangover it’ll be there!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what is lack in this week episodes?

The kiss!! .. I missed all those kisses

the atmosphere is there but why there's no kiss

I mean real kiss on the lips and not in forehead !

Is it only me that got frustrated by this simple act? :joy: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

 


Although to be honest, I think part of the charm of Asian dramas is that they don't rely on the physical contact to convey the depth of their emotions. I feel like part of the reason as to why we are so hooked is because the physical contact isn't as prevalent and so we are left eagerly waiting and hoping for more. And also because of it, a simple kiss or a touch means so much more. It makes us watch for hidden meanings in the way they look at each other, the meaning behind their words, etc. 

Well said @mouse007 I like my passionate kisses but the sweet chaste kinda kisses here makes me squeal more. Like I was really looking forward to that cheek kiss because it's in the trailers and MVs and I thought they really looked happy, sweet and chummy.  I always love how he bends forward to meet with her eyes. The best part about the height difference, I don't care about his back and neck muscles but that really is a very cute gesture. But it was a bittersweet moment in the show, like he knew it was his last moment with her, it broke my heart. Sighhh. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kokodus said:

Well said @mouse007 I like my passionate kisses but the sweet chaste kinda kisses here makes me squeal more. Like I was really looking forward to that cheek kiss because it's in the trailers and MVs and I thought they really looked happy, sweet and chummy.  I always love how he bends forward to meet with her eyes. The best part about the height difference, I don't care about his back and neck muscles but that really is a very cute gesture. But it was a bittersweet moment in the show, like he knew it was his last moment with her, it broke my heart. Sighhh. 

 

I read that in other productions where there is a significant height diff, the females are asked to stand on a stool or phone directories so the male only needs to bend a little. Sometimes the female lead goes on tippy toes. 

 

SC as far as I’ve seen lets Si do all the work. Lols. Poor fella peering and craning his back like an evil wizard...Gargamel comes to mind.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...