[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Thanks for sharing @rocat and @rimjayc

Brought a smile to my face, especially the one of Dylan and Shen Yue. 

I’m all for them doing another project together, they are too cute together. 

There is a BTS video on the meteor garden FB page of their kiss scene where DMS gave SC the necklace. It is super cute. Dylan looked really embarrassed with the closeness. I don’t know how to link videos but do check it out on FB if you can! 

I’ve been scrolling through FB videos for the past hour to look for that BTS video you mentioned. I’ve seen lots of other videos, but not that one yet. I won’t give up though. I want to see it! It sounds so cute. 

I’m a bit thrown to learn that Dylan likes Dilireba. I looked at pictures and I can’t work out if I’m disappointed that she looks so different from Shen Yue (or me. I can’t help how I feel, haha) and he likes that type, or that it’s just because he likes anyone else at all (that isn’t me, haha). 

23 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

I’ve been scrolling through FB videos for the past hour to look for that BTS video you mentioned. I’ve seen lots of other videos, but not that one yet. I won’t give up though. I want to see it! It sounds so cute. 

I’m a bit thrown to learn that Dylan likes Dilireba. I looked at pictures and I can’t work out if I’m disappointed that she looks so different from Shen Yue (or me. I can’t help how I feel, haha) and he likes that type, or that it’s just because he likes anyone else at all (that isn’t me, haha). 

Spoiler

Not sure if this is going to work, but here’s the link to the video: 

@cantbreathe, I’ve figured out how to share videos from FB here. I have placed the BTS video in the spoiler tag as I realise it is not the kiss scene from the meteor necklace scene but what looks like a yet to be aired scene. Sorry! 

Click if you want to be spoiled :P

Also, I know what you mean! Dylan can only like Shen Yue! Haha. I lowkey ship them in real life even though it’s highly impossible. 

49 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Haha ikr?!?!?!? Dilireba is your ideal pretty type that all guys dream of. She looks pretty in every angle. Shen Yue is cute as well, but she is more....hmmm tomboyish? Idk. And well I'm also low-key shipping him with myself. HAHAHAHA. Who wouldn't love a fluffy ball of sunshine???

This thread is becoming a shippers thread and I don't mind it one bit. Keep the dyshen stuff coming!!!!! I live for their off cam interactions. This is one of my fav BTS FMV. 

Like many here. I also low key ship DyShen. But they are more like my crackship as in the ship which is least possible to sail. They both are young and right now are focusing on their careers. One thing I know for sure is they are good buddies and hope they cherish their bond well anything can happen in future. They may reunite in future for other projects but rn all I can say is they are just good buddies.

About Dilireba there was another interview/presscon kind of thing where Dylan was asked by the reporters if she is his ideal girlfriend type and Dylan said I consider her as my goddess(fanboy kind) but never thought of her as my ideal girlfriend.So I don't think those who ship him with yue must worry about it much. Boy is 19 he will fall in love several times before he meet the actual one.

Now back to drama I agree with many here. I think dms secret plan has got to do something with forced/fake wedding with the monkey girl. I can't believe this is ending in a week. I am not ready to bid goodbye so soon.

I think someone’s asked this before but I forgot....When do the last few eps air? This Wednesday thru Friday? 

I am not sure how many of you have seen You’re Beautiful - there are K and TW versions. Unsure if there is a J version cos I don’t follow. Dylan would make a perfect Hwang Tae-Kyung if China decides to jump on that bandwagon too. I can literally see him in that role already. They can use this cast wholesale actually. 

18 minutes ago, rocat said:

I think someone’s asked this before but I forgot....When do the last few eps air? This Wednesday thru Friday? 

I am not sure how many of you have seen You’re Beautiful - there are K and TW versions. Unsure if there is a J version cos I don’t follow. Dylan would make a perfect Hwang Tae-Kyung if China decides to jump on that bandwagon too. I can literally see him in that role already. They can use this cast wholesale actually. 

Netflix usually releases eps on wed, Thurs and Friday but since we only have 4 eps left, I think they will wrap it up by Thurs. Also don't know whether they will upload the special ep. Sighh

And hell yeah, Dylan Wang would make a perfect Hwang Tae Kyung. Hot headed, arrogant jerk but a marshmallow at heart. You are right the whole cast would be so suitable for a YAB C-remake. How I wish dramagods make this happen...like ASAP! LOL. 

28 minutes ago, rocat said:

I love that show! It was the first few kdramas that I’ve watched. Totally agree that Dylan would make a fantastic Hwang Tae Kyung :love:

i would easly see him as hwang tae kyung too ! 

he got the physics and the aura to be in a remake of you're beautiful 

or since he likes dilraba so mush ( he litteraly said in an interview that she is a godess for him and his love for her is beyond normal love/lust /since they asked him would you like to date her and he got shy xD/) 

i would be so happy if he really gets to work with her ! and make all his dreams come true ;; 

maybe something like " kimiwa petto'' with the age difference ?  she would do a great mature sumire ! and i can see dylan playing a pet !really xD 

weve seen his clingy and cute side here on mg2018 ( but that turns sexy and pretty mature too by the end of the show)

So, I've now caught up with the series and have finished NF Ep. 43. What a roller coaster week! Have to say I did not expect that amnesia twist. So happy to see the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline really get going this week. Ximen's jealous glares were great! Good work, Caesar Wu!

The product placement for this drama has reached ridiculous levels with the shampoo ad during the time when Zhuang paid off the bodyguards-LOL! Got to vent some frustration though! The kiss scene this week was ugh! Did not Shan Cai vow to be with Si? Yet when Si asked for a kiss before leaving for London, Shan Cai just gives him a mere graze of lips on his cheek? It wasn't even a peck! So disappointing. And then Shan Cai did not respond when Si said "I love you" when they were in the tent. I really hate that in any drama I'm watching when one person declares their love and the  other person doesn't say anything because it the relationship feels emotionally unbalanced. No wonder Si had to resort to "amnesia" blackmail to get Shan Cai to verbally confess her love to him! I don't like the fact that Shan Cai is still so distant even at Ep. 43.  Also, if I hear the "Say Something" song ever again I'm going to go crazy!

I can't believe there are only 4 more episodes until the end! I hope that everything can be wrapped up nicely and not rushed. I don't know about a wedding scene, but I think we should get a proposal for sure because that scene where DS/SC are in a room full of candles hasn't been shown yet, right?  So I noticed Xiao Zi & Lei shared a tent on the island. Dare I hope for a romance between those 2? Or do people think Jing will return? I was hoping for a happy romance ending for everyone this time around.  I hope that Ximen/Xiaoyou will have a definite happy ending. It looks like Quinghe & Li Zhen may end up together, so we just need to find someone for Meizou, LOL! 

Is it Wednesday yet?

On 8/24/2018 at 8:48 AM, mouse007 said:

@Table122000 love your thoughts on the actors who have played DS and I totally agree with you on all accounts. Like you said, DS is one of those layered characters and it’s quite the job to play him. Not only must the actor look the part but also be able to show all the different sides of his personality while at the same time having a certain sex appeal. I’m actually really surprised at how well this MG has been casted. 

Lee Minho for sure made the Korean version. I don’t think i would have liked it so much if he hadn’t been in it. Of all the roles he has ever played, playing Gu Jun Pyo was the best for me. 

Personally, this version of MG has the best version of F4 I think. I like the way they really show the close friendship between the 4 guys and how they truly care for and support each other. 

Yes, it is amazing how each version of the Hana Yori Dango adaptations have been so lucky with casting the roles, especially for the Daoming Si role. Each cast has a special chemistry together unique to each version.

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

OMG THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

Cr to Sharpay Evans 242

@kokodus thank you so much for this!! So cute!! The animated versions of them are spot on! 

5 hours ago, Harry97 said:

Like many here. I also low key ship DyShen. But they are more like my crackship as in the ship which is least possible to sail. They both are young and right now are focusing on their careers. One thing I know for sure is they are good buddies and hope they cherish their bond well anything can happen in future. They may reunite in future for other projects but rn all I can say is they are just good buddies.

About Dilireba there was another interview/presscon kind of thing where Dylan was asked by the reporters if she is his ideal girlfriend type and Dylan said I consider her as my goddess(fanboy kind) but never thought of her as my ideal girlfriend.So I don't think those who ship him with yue must worry about it much. Boy is 19 he will fall in love several times before he meet the actual one.

Now back to drama I agree with many here. I think dms secret plan has got to do something with forced/fake wedding with the monkey girl. I can't believe this is ending in a week. I am not ready to bid goodbye so soon.

@Harry97 I agree, as much as I ship Dyshen, at this point I am getting more of a “buddy” vibe. There might be interest on both parties but like you said, they are both young and likely focused on their careers at this point. If they do decide to date each other, I would be happy. 

4 hours ago, rocat said:

@rocat agreed! I would love to see all of them do You’re Beautiful. 

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

So, I've now caught up with the series and have finished NF Ep. 43. What a roller coaster week! Have to say I did not expect that amnesia twist. So happy to see the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline really get going this week. Ximen's jealous glares were great! Good work, Caesar Wu!

The product placement for this drama has reached ridiculous levels with the shampoo ad during the time when Zhuang paid off the bodyguards-LOL! Got to vent some frustration though! The kiss scene this week was ugh! Did not Shan Cai vow to be with Si? Yet when Si asked for a kiss before leaving for London, Shan Cai just gives him a mere graze of lips on his cheek? It wasn't even a peck! So disappointing. And then Shan Cai did not respond when Si said "I love you" when they were in the tent. I really hate that in any drama I'm watching when one person declares their love and the  other person doesn't say anything because it the relationship feels emotionally unbalanced. No wonder Si had to resort to "amnesia" blackmail to get Shan Cai to verbally confess her love to him! I don't like the fact that Shan Cai is still so distant even at Ep. 43.  Also, if I hear the "Say Something" song ever again I'm going to go crazy!

I can't believe there are only 4 more episodes until the end! I hope that everything can be wrapped up nicely and not rushed. I don't know about a wedding scene, but I think we should get a proposal for sure because that scene where DS/SC are in a room full of candles hasn't been shown yet, right?  So I noticed Xiao Zi & Lei shared a tent on the island. Dare I hope for a romance between those 2? Or do people think Jing will return? I was hoping for a happy romance ending for everyone this time around.  I hope that Ximen/Xiaoyou will have a definite happy ending. It looks like Quinghe & Li Zhen may end up together, so we just need to find someone for Meizou, LOL! 

Is it Wednesday yet?

@Table122000 lol I was also frustrated with the “kiss” SC gave DS. I mean c’mon, the guy is as hot as heck and he’s literally done everything for her. I wouldn’t even be waiting to be asked for a kiss! I’d be grabbing him with both hands and kissing him like crazy (not to mention taking it to the next level! Hehehehehe)

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@Table122000 lol I was also frustrated with the “kiss” SC gave DS. I mean c’mon, the guy is as hot as heck and he’s literally done everything for her. I wouldn’t even be waiting to be asked for a kiss! I’d be grabbing him with both hands and kissing him like crazy (not to mention taking it to the next level! Hehehehehe)

Guys i think maybe its a chinese cultural thing ? 

The femals are never that expressive when it comes to romance and sharring feelings with their SO ( especialy on dramas and fictions ) the hardest to get she seems the better ? 

Doesnt make sense to me lol 

( especialy how yow the leads can be ... i would be all around him too ! Showing him how mush i apreciat his love and efforts ... bcuz doaming si really did his best till now)

but it seems like a theme thats going on since forever in the chinese/tw dramas

———————

also can i dare to ask for more jealous/possessive ximen ?????? 

I know we have more drama coming with his first love and XY 

but i wanna see him on that state again 

ceasar stares , and acts on that scene were hot and atractive ( and he wasnt even sure really ... he just acted out of instinct and protectivness for XY)

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Is it Wednesday yet?

I was really annoyed when SC didn’t reply to the ‘i love you’ in the tent too. I mean, come on! It’s so rude. He’s doing everything he can to be with you and you’re still refusing to be open with him. 

I also felt that they could do something with XZ and Lei. It was more from the scene at the hospital where XZ was with F3 and Lei was talking about Jing. I felt that XZ was starting to understand Lei. Also, since she’s supposed to be like the female version of DMS, she would be perfect for Lei. You can imagine her being all hyper and Lei calming her down. Also, she has been such a good friend and she deserves someone who won’t let her down, and Lei is nothing if not the BEST GUY IN THE WORLD (except for DMS. Joint equal. Sometimes. My feelings can be swayed, haha)

I’m hoping the special episode will be like the special episode in ALSB. Like just an hour of them being together. I’d be happy with that. But I’d be EVEN happier with a ten years later sort of thing. Please, please, pretty please! 

I’ve been rewatching ALSB and I gotta say, now that I’ve seen and can appreciate the force of nature that is Dylan Wang, it’s like Hu Yitian (who I used to think was really hot) is really meh now, haha. The bar has been reset. And it’s way too high now, haha. 

Archived