[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

59 minutes ago, rocat said:

. The drama sometimes moves too quickly much to its detriment.

I have to agree with you on this. I like the fast pacing but sometimes it feels too rushed. Some of the arcs got over in the blink of an eye. Giving us a little time to truly get invested and feel for what has happened. For example, in all other versions there is a gap between when he leaves for London and when she decides that she misses him too much that she can't wait anymore. But of course here, he left without even saying a word, so I guess she must have felt panicked and had to rush to see whether he is fine. But I would've liked it better if they gave us some scenes of SC brooding and missing him for a few days and coming to a conclusion that she can't live without him. 

Another point. You can see that Si already know that it will be their last date and his mom won't leave him alone until he goes to London. My question is why did he not tell Shan Cai about it?? He could've told SC that he has to leave first and take care of the mom. Because all the while, he was chiding her for not discussing things with him, so I think it is only right that he doesn't keep anything from her as well. After all both of them has been repeatedly saying that they should overcome all the obstacles together. Sighh. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i cant with this fandom :joy::joy:

Can you blame them? This show knows exactly what it's doing...those long lingering looks, the amount of bedroom scenes (I'm not sure who had more, Lei or SC). You know it's a 2018 version when the show is actively shipping these two. Makes me want to watch Guardian after MG2018, heard that cdrama has a cult following.

1 hour ago, rocky689 said:

Can you blame them? This show knows exactly what it's doing...those long lingering looks, the amount of bedroom scenes (I'm not sure who had more, Lei or SC). You know it's a 2018 version when the show is actively shipping these two. Makes me want to watch Guardian after MG2018, heard that cdrama has a cult following.

@rocky689 just checked out Guardian since you mentioned it and it looks interesting. Lots of good reviews too. It’s nice to have some bromance in a drama.. reminds me of the bromance in Goblin

1 hour ago, rocky689 said:

Ho im far from blaming anybody 

and that ship has sailed since ep 1 xD 

(exactly the bed scenes that sixlei had are what sanshai would wish for xD)

also on this weeks episode si litteraly said that Lei is his true love 

im on this ship and wish to see more on the final week 

a good bromance always makes a drama better haha

i can't get over the "ice cream / forehead kiss" scene, I JUST CAN'T!!!!!!! i feel like it was Dylan and not DMS doing that, this stupid shipper heart of mine is starting to be so delusional !!!!!

and that hospital bed scene where he turns her over and looks at her and again that forehead kiss, jesus christ i'll pray to all the gods, to let them be endgame in real life lol 

i need them to star in a drama as sweet as ALSB with lots of touchy-feely moments. LIKE, A LOT OF TOUCHING. xD

TBH now that im thinking about it 

it would be amazing to recast didi and shenyue together in a nother drama 

( i dont know if they still do that thing ?!

but i remember when rainie yang and mike he were at their otp prime and after devil beside you . They made them have like 3 projects together or something ! 

And people were here for it)

they both have amazing chemistery on and off screen

@myinnerbattles that london icecream playful kiss was totaly more dyshen than sishai xD

felt like the team just gave them headsup on the script then asked them to enjoi eatchothers in londons streets 

and it feels this way in alot of random scenes in the show if we focus enough xD 

>on the canada trip after they scream « happynewyear »

>when they were sitting on that bench and teased eatch others making ugly faces 

> on the island too you can tell at some moments that its dyshen 

ect ect ect xD

9 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I just started watching this on Netflix. Does anyone know when the episodes come out on Netflix, and how many episodes come out on Netflix in a day? 

@roxnilla7  new episodes arrive on Netflix Wednesday, Thursday and Friday every week. It’s usually 2 episodes per day but sometimes NF only releases 1 episode instead of 2. 

1 hour ago, rimjayc said:

TBH now that im thinking about it 

it would be amazing to recast didi and shenyue together in a nother drama 

( i dont know if they still do that thing ?!

but i remember when rainie yang and mike he were at their otp prime and after devil beside you . They made them have like 3 projects together or something ! 

And people were here for it)

they both have amazing chemistery on and off screen

@myinnerbattles that london icecream playful kiss was totaly more dyshen than sishai xD

felt like the team just gave them headsup on the script then asked them to enjoi eatchothers in londons streets 

and it feels this way in alot of random scenes in the show if we focus enough xD 

>on the canada trip after they scream « happynewyear »

>when they were sitting on that bench and teased eatch others making ugly faces 

> on the island too you can tell at some moments that its dyshen 

ect ect ect xD

@rimjayc I would really like it if they got cast together again in a different drama. I think they have great chemistry on and offscreen. 

I think Dylan is slightly younger than Shen Yue? 

4 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@roxnilla7  new episodes arrive on Netflix Wednesday, Thursday and Friday every week. It’s usually 2 episodes per day but sometimes NF only releases 1 episode instead of 2. 

@rimjayc I would really like it if they got cast together again in a different drama. I think they have great chemistry on and offscreen. 

Thank you!! One more question. Do you know anywhere else I can watch it with eng subs??

And yeah, Dylan is 3 years younger than Shen Yue. She's 21 and he's 18 I believe. I did some research before starting this drama lol

I think repeat pairings are more common in C and TW dramaland than the k dramaland. The most recent example that comes to my mind is Zhang Han nad Janine Chang. ZH actually has done 2 to 3 projects with his other costars as well.

@mouse007 Dylan Wang is 19, born in December 1998, and Shen Yue is 21, her birthday is on Febrauary 1997. Not much of a age gap.

In one of the interviews Dylan said, Dilireba is his ideal type. So I wish they do a drama together in the future. Hehe

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I think repeat pairings are more common in C and TW dramaland than the k dramaland. The most recent example that comes to my mind is Zhang Han nad Janine Chang. ZH actually has done 2 to 3 projects with his other costars as well.

@mouse007 Dylan Wang is 19, born in December 1998, and Shen Yue is 21, her birthday is on Febrauary 1997. Not much of a age gap.

In one of the interviews Dylan said, Dilireba is her ideal type. So I wish they do a drama together in the future. Hehe

oohh. so Dylan Wang’s type is Dilraba Dilmurat huh :lol: she’s soo pretty but not my type of pretty, she’s like matured & her eyes looks cartoonish unreal :o .. For me, i like cute simple pretty girls like Inoue Mao and Shen Yue  #girlcrushes

Anyway, it still a very good thing we will always have Daomingsi & Shancai in our fantasy world, I’ll stick to them :lol: 

But looking forward to Dylan & Shen Yue’s future projects. I will always watch out for my two babies of course :wub: 

1 hour ago, roxnilla7 said:

Thank you!! One more question. Do you know anywhere else I can watch it with eng subs??

And yeah, Dylan is 3 years younger than Shen Yue. She's 21 and he's 18 I believe. I did some research before starting this drama lol

@roxnilla7 Netflix is responsible for the eng subs so all the other drama sites remain in RAW until the eng subs become available in Netflix. The only other eng subs you will find are fansubs like this one:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wanghediarchive?lang=en

He/she has a list of episodes that he/she has graciously translated. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

In one of the interviews Dylan said, Dilireba is her ideal type. So I wish they do a drama together in the future. Hehe

@kokodus I remember reading somewhere that they have a small age gap and you’ve confirmed it for me. I didn’t know Dylan’s ideal type is Dilibera. I’m not familiar with her work so I’ll have to do some research on her. Kekeke 

I do like Shen Yue though. I think they look good together. But the again, we’ve only seen Dylan with her so far. 

It’s funny because when I like an actor, like Dylan in this case, I feel somewhat possessive of him/her. Like I need to know if the person they date is worthy! Hahaha I know it’s crazy but I can’t help it!! 

I adore Dilireba, so a project with Dylan needs to happen. They would be super playful and cute together even though there's a larger age gap. We also have Shen Yue dramas with Dylan Xiong, Song Weilong and Johnny Huang to look forward to, although I can't seem to picture her and Johnny matching just yet, she'll definitely be cute with the other Dylan and Song Weilong.

Thanks for sharing @rocat and @rimjayc

Brought a smile to my face, especially the one of Dylan and Shen Yue. 

I’m all for them doing another project together, they are too cute together. 

There is a BTS video on the meteor garden FB page of their kiss scene where DMS gave SC the necklace. It is super cute. Dylan looked really embarrassed with the closeness. I don’t know how to link videos but do check it out on FB if you can! 

5 hours ago, mouse007 said:

According to Wikipedia, Dylan Wang birthdate is Dec. 20, 1998- so he is currently 19 years old. Also from Wikipedia Shen Yue birthday is Feb 27, 1997 -so she is 21 years old.  SY is 2 years older than Dylan. 

Archived