[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

14 minutes ago, rocky689 said:

Hey, I've been seeing a lot of people on Twitter asking about it too, but it's not instant noodles, it's actually instant hotpot (that's why it's so big, there are a lot of ingredients). Maybe not so instant, because it does take a few minutes to cook. They use a heating pack so you don't even need hot water, you can use bottled water and it will self cook.

Like the self-heating pads you use for muscle aches? That sounds most unappetising <_< 

I’ve finished eps 43 and 44 and run out of previews for next week now. Akgghh. Life is cruel :bawling: 

In the meantime I might arrange a visit to Chinatown to eat at Feng Shui inn, which I’m definitely not doing just because the hot pot scene took place there. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Like the self-heating pads you use for muscle aches? That sounds most unappetising <_< 

I’ve finished eps 43 and 44 and run out of previews for next week now. Akgghh. Life is cruel :bawling: 

In the meantime I might arrange a visit to Chinatown to eat at Feng Shui inn, which I’m definitely not doing just because the hot pot scene took place there. 

No it actually boils water so everything is fully cooked, but like instant noodles, probably filled with sodium and preservatives. Nothing beats the real thing, but everyone loves it for convenience.

Now that we have this weeks episodes and we have to wait for the last four episodes, I am left doing these:

• Waiting for eng subs on Netflix
  • Constantly checking Twitter for any fansubs, cuts, news and previews
  • Checking YouTube for any new videos

I really can't wait to watch the eng subs for episodes 43-44. There's just so much happening and being said between DS and SC that I need to know! 

How are we going to survive this week until we get the last 4 episodes??

On episode 44 (spoilers so don't open carelessly):

Spoiler

We don't get an amnesia arc but DS pretends to not remember SC after he wakes up from his surgery. At first I was like, "Oh heck no!!!" And then it turns out he was just playing and I can't tell you what a huge sigh of relief I let out! LOLOL

And.. the scene after where SC is on his lap and he kisses her forehead.. gaaah! Swoooooonnnnnn!

DS is just to die for. He gets better and better with every episode! LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!!:heart:

Spoiler

Have no context mostly ( the fact that its post stabing si apart)

and i have no clue what they are really saying 

but the way they both look at eatchothers 

the softness of that kiss and how she is easly moving between his arms 

no walls no fear no awkwardness

or hesitation in how he is cuddling her .

Its very rewarding to watch them like that after over 40eps tbh

( they had a hard start and this version of makino was really deffensive as we all know) 

so yeah this small scene just make me feel all happy and fusy inside 

im so thankful dylan and shenyue are sush a great duo for this new version :wub:

>waiting for netflix >checking twiter >looking for videos related to mg on yb 

yep we are on the same drug @mouse007:sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

He looks dashing now, no doubt about it, but I still miss his pineapple hair. Sighhh. 

@kokodus I miss it sometimes too but I love the way he looks in recent episodes.

I think his pineapple hair makes an appearance when a) he's being immature and b) when the atmosphere is all light and playful. In the past few episodes we've been seeing a more mature, more concerned side of DS so I guess that's why his hair has changed (so we can take all the serious scenes seriously LOL). 

Can I just say I love DS's style? I love the way they dress him in MG. He's already hot as he is but with him wearing all those nice clothes makes him look even hotter. I loved Lee Minho in the Korean version but I have to admit Dylan is above him in my books. LOL

4 minutes ago, rimjayc said:
  Hide contents

Have no context mostly ( the fact that its post stabing si apart)

and i have no clue what they are really saying 

but the way they both look at eatchothers 

the softness of that kiss and how she is easly moving between his arms 

no walls no fear no awkwardness

or hesitation in how he is cuddling her .

Its very rewarding to watch them like that after over 40eps tbh

( they had a hard start and this version of makino was really deffensive as we all know) 

so yeah this small scene just make me feel all happy and fusy inside 

im so thankful dylan and shenyue are sush a great duo for this new version :wub:

>waiting for netflix >checking twiter >looking for videos related to mg on yb 

yep we are on the same drug @mouse007:sweatingbullets:

@rimjayc ahhh! Thank you for the clip! I LOVE THIS SCENE!

Spoiler

Yes, I love it too even though I don't know what they're saying. But like you said, just the way he's holding her in his arms, how comfortable they are with each other and the way they look at each other... priceless.

I feel like they've progressed so much in their relationship and there's this deep love between them that no one can take away or replace. All the trials and uncertainty in their past have made them closer. I love it!

Wahh I can't help my spoil myself. Those scenes look sooooo cute. Life happened so I'm still at the part of the SC/DS relationship where SC finally admits her feelings. Can't wait to see how quickly their love will develop from there. I'm trying to ration out the remaining episodes and the manga so I won't go through complete withdrawal once it's done ^_^

On 8/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, mouse007 said:

Does Darren actually play violin IRL?

Hahaha so as someone who played multiple instruments growing up (forced by parents) I obsessively watch Lei in every version and try to figure out if he can actually play. Lei's supposed to be a musical genius, which means he should definitely be able to use vibrato (like using wrist movement to create richer sound). So maybe Darren knows how to play but he's not a Lei level prodigy. Plus the music is generally dubbed over and doesn't match the bow movements.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:40 PM, kokodus said:

@cantbreathe

Hide contents

I think the island arc will be plotted by F3 and probably Xiao Zi also has a hand in it. And I'm also curious about that scene where they are separated by a door. It looks like Si's house but I don't know in what context it will happen. Because the only arc that is left, that could possibly happen in his house is the amnesia arc, and I can't imagine how this scene will fit in that arc....hmmmm

So I haven't gotten to this part yet in the manga but I think this scene happened at the very end of MG1 2001. 

Spoiler

Basically, DS's mom pulls the same thing she did with Zhuang and locks DS up in his room and he goes on a hunger strike. And XZ convinces his mom to let SC talk to DS through the door hoping that she'll convince him to give in. It's like their last stand against DS's mom before she decides to go back to NY.

Ep 34 onward, DMS and SC are too cute that I forgot about Lei for a moment. Lol, until he came back from Tawain, I realized that he was missing earlier. DMS and SC are too cute!!!! Also, Xiouyou is so sweet and innocent. I do noticed that Ximen is starting to open up to her because he realized his own feelings for her too. Only a couple of episodes left..........Yeeeeaaaa.

@lan_lan Do you remember how I said I thought the amnesia arc was a fake out when I first watched BOF, lol, turns out that really is the case here. I can't even...I think this might just become my fav version of HYD....I still don't want to say anything until I watch the finale, but yeah I have strong feeling that this will surpass the J version. Gawwwd. 

11 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan Do you remember how I said I thought the amnesia arc was a fake out when I first watched BOF, lol, turns out that really is the case here. I can't even...I think this might just become my fav version of HYD....I still don't want to say anything until I watch the finale, but yeah I have strong feeling that this will surpass the J version. Gawwwd. 

@kokodus totally unexpected right? The entire MG fandom got fooled! It was the one arc everyone was dreading and anticipating and turns out, it wasn't happening in this version. LOL 

I wonder why they scrapped it though.. not that I'm complaining.. I'm just curious as to why they chose not to include the amnesia arc in this version when all the other versions included it.

Makes me worry a little as to what else is going to happen. I really hope they don't make him have a fake marriage with XZ. I feel like if DS is ever going to get married, it should be a real wedding with SC.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:35 AM, Harry97 said:

Same here. I am so in love with this version that I am worried how they will end the series. I don't want them to rush it in the end. Would love to see their post marriage life even if it's for 5 minutes. How I wish they end all the painful arcs by episode 47 and give us our happy CaiSi and ofc F4 in episode 48 and special episode ( I really hope it's the continuation of their story with added special bts and interviews in the end). Come on Angie Chai I know you can give us the most pefect HanDan ever.

I can't believe they had to delete this scene because of China's censor board. They could have just censored whole C and T arc instead of this one .

OMG, I was waiting for this because this is exactly like the manga but why .. oh why they have to delete it?!!

In manga, in the next morning Tsukasa is blushing because he remember what happen last night but SC didn't know it. You know, DS really missed SC and he grab the opportunity once it's come :D

So I just watch Ep 39 from twitter fansub and I can't stop grinning :D

When SC grab DS phone because he just playing games and do nothing, it's so me when my hubby doesn't pay attention :D

DS cuddle up to SC is so cute I can't stand :lol:

btw, where's XM and XY kiss scene??? are they delete it as well? I thought it would be before XY meeting with SC after haircut.

and that bracelet it soooo unnecessary and it's weird because DS still can use his card or whatever but he can't pay for their lunch in restaurant.

The actress Xiaogeng is so cute and pretty! Ximen is the way he is because of his parents' relationship, so I don't blame him. But I hope he can see the Xiaoyou likes him for who he is. It looks like we the amnesia episodes might be shorter than we thought, now that we only have 6 episodes to go????

1 hour ago, lulu2018 said:

Wahh I can't help my spoil myself. Those scenes look sooooo cute. Life happened so I'm still at the part of the SC/DS relationship where SC finally admits her feelings. Can't wait to see how quickly their love will develop from there. I'm trying to ration out the remaining episodes and the manga so I won't go through complete withdrawal once it's done ^_^

Hahaha so as someone who played multiple instruments growing up (forced by parents) I obsessively watch Lei in every version and try to figure out if he can actually play. Lei's supposed to be a musical genius, which means he should definitely be able to use vibrato (like using wrist movement to create richer sound). So maybe Darren knows how to play but he's not a Lei level prodigy. Plus the music is generally dubbed over and doesn't match the bow movements.

So I haven't gotten to this part yet in the manga but I think this scene happened at the very end of MG1 2001. 

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, DS's mom pulls the same thing she did with Zhuang and locks DS up in his room and he goes on a hunger strike. And XZ convinces his mom to let SC talk to DS through the door hoping that she'll convince him to give in. It's like their last stand against DS's mom before she decides to go back to NY.

@lulu2018 thanks! I didn't expect him to be Lei's level but I thought he may know how to play a little. 

5 minutes ago, parksooha said:

OMG, I was waiting for this because this is exactly like the manga but why .. oh why they have to delete it?!!

In manga, in the next morning Tsukasa is blushing because he remember what happen last night but SC didn't know it. You know, DS really missed SC and he grab the opportunity once it's come :D

So I just watch Ep 39 from twitter fansub and I can't stop grinning :D

When SC grab DS phone because he just playing games and do nothing, it's so me when my hubby doesn't pay attention :D

DS cuddle up to SC is so cute I can't stand :lol:

btw, where's XM and XY kiss scene??? are they delete it as well? I thought it would be before XY meeting with SC after haircut.

and that bracelet it soooo unnecessary and it's weird because DS still can use his card or whatever but he can't pay for their lunch in restaurant.

@parksooha The bracelet was probably a product placement which is why they included it. But yes! Good point! How was he able to pay for it but not their meal?! LOL maybe it just got canceled while they were eating. But yah, anything is possible in drama land.

4 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

The actress Xiaogeng is so cute and pretty! Ximen is the way he is because of his parents' relationship, so I don't blame him. But I hope he can see the Xiaoyou likes him for who he is. But, I don't like how she cut her hair and change for him too?? Why did she cut her hair to look like Xiaogeng??? It looks like we the anemsia episodes might be shorter than we thought, now that we only have 6 episodes to go????

@rosierosie this version of MG doesn't have an amnesia arc so now we are just waiting to see what conflict they'll have to face instead with the remaining episodes. 

15 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus totally unexpected right? The entire MG fandom got fooled! It was the one arc everyone was dreading and anticipating and turns out, it wasn't happening in this version. LOL 

I wonder why they scrapped it though.. not that I'm complaining.. I'm just curious as to why they chose not to include the amnesia arc in this version when all the other versions included it.

Makes me worry a little as to what else is going to happen. I really hope they don't make him have a fake marriage with XZ. I feel like if DS is ever going to get married, it should be a real wedding with SC.

Fake marriage arc would be as frustrating as the amnesia arc . Sighhh. Let's see. Can we just have 4 eps of fluffiness and be done with that??? After all that they have been through, We really don't need any more conflict to prove that they belong to eeach other. Just give us lots of sugar, a perfect wedding and maybe a hint of Little Si. Lol

34 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@parksooha The bracelet was probably a product placement which is why they included it. But yes! Good point! How was he able to pay for it but not their meal?! LOL maybe it just got canceled while they were eating. But yah, anything is possible in drama land.

@rosierosie this version of MG doesn't have an amnesia arc so now we are just waiting to see what conflict they'll have to face instead with the remaining episodes. 

I was thinking that too. We are only a couple of episodes away. Hopefully they wrap it up very good for us. I like to see SC and DMS happily running off into the sunset. Typical, but that's ideal.

29 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Fake marriage arc would be as frustrating as the amnesia arc . Sighhh. Let's see. Can we just have 4 eps of fluffiness and be done with that??? After all that they have been through, We really don't need any more conflict to prove that they belong to eeach other. Just give us lots of sugar, a perfect wedding and maybe a hint of Little Si. Lol

@kokodus I know right? I think at this point they’ve proven they belong together. After the London parting and the island arc, it’s pretty clear they’ve both made a committment to be together whatever happens. 

Please let us see a beautiful wedding and some babies!! 

Archived