[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

I’ve been lurking this thread since the day I started googling Meteor Grden 2018 and OMG I am so happy to read your comments, thoughts and insights to every episode. This week is kinda bittersweet for me as a fan of the show. You know that feeling when you want to know whats gonna happen next but you don’t want the show to end? That’s what I am feeling right now and I bet you guys too. This version is indeed a rollercoaster ride for me/us. When I first watch this I was like? Meh? Really but boy after 2 episodes I am whipped. I can’t stop. Twitter, IG, you name it. I am a stalker of the show and of course #DyShen (I can’t help it! They ate just tooooooo adorable and I hope and I pray that someday.. someday they will be reunited or can date IRL. But who knows? Hahaha) And to think that I have to wait for Netflix to upload the episode. I will miss the show definitely. I’m already telling my friends that for the comings there will be some serious random crying, withdrawal once this show ends.

Sorry for the random drama. I just need to let it out since I’ve seen the previews for the next episode. I can’t help to be emotional too. Hormones!!!

I do have a question tho. I’m actually trying to keep up with the episode and the manga but it seems that everything is happening in a blink of an eye. In episode 36 they are lovey dovey and now Shancai is in London? What is happening? And how are they gonna fit everthing with 6/7 remaining episodes.  There are a lot of pictures that are still not airing. Like the one where I think Shancai is sleeping in the classroom and Dao Ming Si is watching her sleep? How are they supposed to end it? I hope they don’t just end it senselessly. Huhuhuhu

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I think you’re a genius, savingemily. I’ve been wondering how they have managed to hide Umi with all the promos and bts footage, but maybe it’s because they use Xiao Zi for her plotline. 

Hide contents

Because I’m obsessed, I was watching the bts footage of the wedding scene, where DMS is in everyday clothes, and I could hear what he was saying (I love Dylan Wang’s accent,  :wub:aaaahhhh) . It was like an epiphany! He’s giving the speech he gives to SC when he first kidnaps her and gives her a makeover. The one where he gives her all the conditions and benefits of going out with him (but this time it must be for marrying him). And as per that scene, in this wedding scene, we see her throw her shoe at him! :rolleyes:

Oh, haha thank you for the kind words. That's just my imagination running wild coz I really can't make up how are they going to squeeze all of those remaining scenes in like 7 episodes.  

Yep, I think it would make a lot more sense if it will be XZ on the amnesia arc because the production kept her character until this very end unlike other versions? (correct me if I'm wrong though, been ages since I've watched MG2001 and HYD lol)

But anything can happen haha so we'll never know too. 

One thing is just confusing me though, where are they going to put in the "proposal" between DMS and SC where there are candlelights all over the floor with a big heart and you know what they did *wink wink* scene? After amnesia arc?   Or before that? 

@insertusernamehere I'm trying to find it but there are too many clips out there to dig. Lol. I'll send the link when I see it. 

Just watched ep 41 and 42...

Spoiler

The angst was so good! I was brawling and totally feeling their pain during the hot pot scene. :tears:

I’m so sad that the show is coming to an end soon. I wish I could watch DMS and SC hang out and be cute all day. 

I’ve just woken up. So... time to rewatch the hot pot scene. I think it is my favourite scene in the whole series. They’re both so in love! It’s sad, but also beautiful :bawling: 

I’m confused about the entire wedding and proposal too! It looks like SC is annoyed in some scenes, and I don’t know why DMS is in casual dress. I’m thinking they might tie it in with the end of the amnesia arc? As in xiao zi will substitute herself for SC at the wedding, and DMS has amnesia still and is a jerk. Then ... uh... he stops having amnesia because he gets hit with her shoe and they immediately get married?

(In the manga SC throws a baseball at DMS’ head and that’s how he gets his memory back. Angie Chai hasn’t strayed too far from the manga, so I think a scene like that will happen.)

But then the wedding will come out of nowhere <_< and it would make SC look pretty desperate to just show up in a wedding dress to get married to her bf who doesn’t remember her. 

This is is why I’m not a scriptwriter!!!! :weary:

OMG! How am I going to survive this Thursday to Sunday?? I’m already in a near constant state of excitement/anxiety. I can’t sustain it. I’ll drop dead from anticipation. 

I think the bouquet scene must happen straight after the one with DMS in casual dress, just because SC is in the same wedding dress. Or do you mean the scene where SC has an actual enormous bouquet of red roses? Because I thought that was bts, from Dylan as opposed to DMS :love:

5 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

. Or do you mean the scene where SC has an actual enormous bouquet of red roses? Because I thought that was bts, from Dylan as opposed to DMS :love:

Hmm that can't be a bts, I don't believe it. Shippers are always delusional, they also said the ice cream kiss scene in the London is a bts, but we know it's not. I also don't think the meteor necklace was designed personally by Dylan Wang. It all seems too far fetched for me. LOL. I mean I ship them too, I love how physical they get behind the scenes, and I can definitely see some sparks here and there. But even if something is going on, I don't think Dylan would be too transparent to do it on the sets and feed the reporters. LOL. 

Anyways I think there must be a small gap between the island arc and amnesia arc, where he returns to Shanghai and the bouquet scene, door scene and the proposal scene(?) will take place. Thats my guess. Lets wait and watch. 

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Anyways I think there must be a small gap between the island arc and amnesia arc, where he returns to Shanghai and the bouquet scene, door scene and the proposal scene(?) will take place. Thats my guess. Lets wait and watch. 

Yeah, true. Considering how fast-paced this drama is. One thing you're crying a river, next thing you're giggling because their sweetness is too much to handle. LOL. 

And I don't think the giving of big bouquet of roses is a BTS too. Perhaps when he gets his memories back, no? 

Re: icecream scene in London aka their last date, that felt more like candid shots of Dylan & Yue doing all the cute stuff and then the production was just like, "okay I like this, include that in post-prod". Same thing on how they included that scene in Canada where DMS pushed SC too hard lmao which actually made it to the final cut.

I am waiting to watch the newer eps and while waiting I ve been browsing the bts and previews. The more I watch the more confused I get. But happy to be indulging in the cute moments. Heh. 

About the shippers, I guess they can get pretty enthusiastic. I like the idea of DS/SC but in real life, animated Dylan’s only 19! He’s got a long way to go and he’s just begun. I think it’s great he is giving his best fan-service to keep them interested, increasing viewership and obsession. He makes him fun to watch even for older folks like me. 

In the manga, he casually proposes to her after he gets his memory back then he fills her apt with roses. He has to leave to NY for 4 years cause his dad was dying or something. It’ll probably be slightly different here but maybe the timing will be similar?

for the London date, I feel like the director just told them to have fun. Doesn’t look like a bts to me though. I love me some DS/SC as much as everyone here but I think they definitely try to push the dyshen narrative more than it really exists cause they know the fans suck it up. :sweat_smile:

so I went back and read the chapter with their last date in Japan and I was right, MG2018 really took the levels of fluff and hearttugs way way up. The manga had them grocery shop and making stew at her place. They quarrelled with their typical insults, lots of emotions but no tears..then some guys break in and taze him. I just love how much MG2018 has upped the fluffs and drama everywhere. I can’t get through that hot pot preview without balling. And that London running hug scene? Super epic and I’m so here for it.

I wish Netflix releases three eps today like last week. I'm desperate, please understand Netflix!!!!!!

@rocat hahaha I agree! Animated is the word. I like how hyper he is jumping around like a rubber ball in all the bts videos. Its fun watching the bts. His energy is infectious. 

In terms of the ‘wedding scene’ I remember that scene in BoF where jandi and ji hoo dress up in wedding attire to win a contest. Could it be similar to that? I also feel like it’s connected to the amnesia arc too though, like maybe SC and Lei

dress up to make DMS jealous so he can regain his memories

le sigh, I gues we’ll know soon enough! I am in the process of moving and won’t have internet until Saturday but I keep looking at netflix waiting for updates! 

"Yoko Kamio, author of Hana Yori Dango, posted these modern artworks of Hanazawa Rui and Domyouji Tsukasa in her Twitter. She said that watching Meteor Garden 2018 made her nostalgic with these two"

awww i love that <3 ( is it just me or you can really feel dylan and darren in this art ??? lol)

here is a direct link to her tweet

37 minutes ago, maisquared said:

In terms of the ‘wedding scene’ I remember that scene in BoF where jandi and ji hoo dress up in wedding attire to win a contest. Could it be similar to that? I also feel like it’s connected to the amnesia arc too though, like maybe SC and Lei

dress up to make DMS jealous so he can regain his memories

le sigh, I gues we’ll know soon enough! I am in the process of moving and won’t have internet until Saturday but I keep looking at netflix waiting for updates! 

I have a feeling it might be something similar because both Lei and SC are dressed in white while DS seems to be dressed in his usual clothes. Perhaps Lei and SC are dressed for something other than an actual wedding and DS barges in and scolds them or tries to stop a wedding (maybe this is after he regains his memories) and SC throws her shoe at him for being so "stupid" LOL

53 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I wish Netflix releases three eps today like last week. I'm desperate, please understand Netflix!!!!!!

@rocat hahaha I agree! Animated is the word. I like how hyper he is jumping around like a rubber ball in all the bts videos. Its fun watching the bts. His energy is infectious. 

@kokodus LOL also eagerly waiting and hoping that Netflix releases a bunch of episodes so we can catch up to the RAW versions!!

Dylan's energy is definitely infectious and I love how playful Shen Yue is with him as well. She could just easily ignore him but I love that she seems to reciprocate his playfulness.

I don't think the London date scenes are BTS but I do think the director must have given them some leeway on what to do so that it would seem more natural.

7 minutes ago, elle_cha said:

Just saw in twitter about the amnesia thing......

Like, really, seriously? Do not open if you don't want any spoiler

Hide contents

NO AMNESIA IS HAPPENING IN THIS VERSION??? :o..... 

Haha I clicked the spoiler box so fast. 

Spoiler

He gets stabbed though for sure. Maybe they’ll still just use the stabbing to get mama DM to soften up a bit but skip over the amnesia. I wouldn’t mind that at all lol. 

Archived