Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Before MG ends next week (OMG :(I can already feel major withdrawals creeping in :bawling:), just wanted to post and say HI to everyone! Been lurking since I discovered the remake on Netflix. Didn't expect that I would be so addicted. My DiDi heart. My DyShen heart. :wub:

And I feel ya'll. Grown up woman (with 2 young kids at that) so obsessed. Searching bout them like crazy.. I don't care if it's spoilers or some variety show they are guesting at. Wish I could understand the language tho. Doesn't help that I am married to one coz he doesn't even speak it :blink: LOL. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

Absolutely true. I was looking forward to this version but I had my doubts because everyone in the cast is a newcomer who barely has any projects under their name except for Shen Yue, even her role in ALSB was completely from the tough weed Makino, so I was not sure how she was going to pull off....but the teasers and trailers gave me some hope and I was not even that much hooked after the first ep. I was pretty disappointed that they changed so many things and watered down the major conflicts like bullying and everything. But thank God I didn't drop it, all my complaints went out of the window after the first week and I was completely addicted by the end of second week. 

I think even if I become a 80 year old grandma and if they produce a Meteor garden remake(which I'm sure they will), I'll eagerly watch it and swoon and fawn over it exactly like how I'm doing now. LOL. 

@kokodus Same, I was worried about the remake because like you said, all of them are newbies except for Shen Yue. Also, as with every remake, there's always a risk of it being disappointing especially with MG since all of its predecessors were good in its own way. I'm glad with how it's turned out so far even though Meizuo's and Ximen's love stories were a little disappointing (a lot disappointing in Meizuo's case LOL - I still get a little upset with how many episodes were wasted on Caina and Terrence considering we still have so much to cover with DS and SC and I would really hate to have a rushed ending).

and yes @rimjayc I will still be watching it with you guys and we'll probably be still commenting about it here. LOLOL

PS. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they did a remake once every couple of years so long as it's good. I'd watch it over and over and over again.

• Like 4

I just saw this on YT and honestly, it's like how many times is she going to get on a vehicle and get off again? LOLOL

Spoiler

• LOL 1

I’ve been lurking on this forum too, and I’m so glad there are other people who feel the love!!! I’m so obsessed. From Thursday to Sunday, life is truly bleak (happiness only to be found through endless YouTubing of my favourite moments. Yes, you! Episodes 34 and 35!) 

Spoiler

I just watched eps 40-41 (I can understand mandarin) and clips of tomorrow’s eps (yeah to refreshing the page for the latest Meteor Garden videos every 3 minutes!) and OMG! Hua Ze Lei :bawling::love:*can’t breathe! Too many feelings to express.*  /explodes

I gotta say Shan Cai has really redeemed herself for her indecisiveness (Thank god! 30 + episodes of it). Her assertiveness in these episodes makes me so happy :bawling:*cries happy tears*. 

You finally understand she loves him as much as he loves her, and she’s ready to show it to the world!!! :love:*does happy dance*

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Also, about the island bit - I’ve put in spoiler box for those who haven’t read the manga 

Spoiler

In the manga, Shigeru (Xiao Zi) is responsible for stranding DMS and SC on the island. Any guesses who is is behind it this time? 

I feel like they haven’t built the Xiao Zi/SC relationship enough for that to be an option. 

• Like 3

I’m not sure what bits to put in spoiler boxes, so sorry if it all seems a bit random 

Spoiler

When do you think the door scene will happen? Because I think in the credits you can see a scene of DMS and SC sitting on opposite sides of a door - it looks like DMS is locked in his room in his house in Shanghai. But I can’t work out when it will happen, or if it has already happened. 

• Like 3

I share the same sentiments with you ladies... I will watch all remakes of MG for as long as I'm alive.

My daughter watches MG with me and my husband. We're not chinese speakers so she can't really understand what's going on! Her most favorite scene is when SC kicked DS (first ever episode). She LOVES their songs but she said Darren's is the "bestest song in the world" :lol: she always asks me to play this in the car! Before it was AST1's Yearning Heart (from BOF) but now it's Darren's!

I can't believe it's going to end next week! I'm getting anxiety thinking about it! :vicx:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

OMG next week is the last episodes?! :scream:

Noooooooo ...

I still want to see DS x SC couple again :bawling:

I think Hana Yori Dango is the manga that has the most adaptation versions ever because the story never makes us bored. As long as they produce it well, we will see it again and again and again no matter the version is.

I see so much sugar in the air for this week episode and can't wait for the Eng sub.

I guess Desyen chemistry are overflown on and off camera that makes even Dee Hsu ship them in real life :joy:

Too bad that they are not keep in touch for a while because of busy schedule. I hope they can reunite in other works.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@angelangie According to Twitter, he might be Shen Yue's next leading man in a remake of Corner with Love. Can't say whether sources are legit. LOL

THANKS!!! :D hehehe this is nice to know seeing how she change from 'A Love Beautiful' from a clueless girl to Shan Cai....i find she is interesting to watch :) 

• Like 3

@cantbreathe

Spoiler

I think the island arc will be plotted by F3 and probably Xiao Zi also has a hand in it. And I'm also curious about that scene where they are separated by a door. It looks like Si's house but I don't know in what context it will happen. Because the only arc that is left, that could possibly happen in his house is the amnesia arc, and I can't imagine how this scene will fit in that arc....hmmmm

@mouse007 ikr??? I'm starting to feel bad for lei who is always left behind. Lol

• Like 3

Kinda curious if anyone saw this IG post of some band with SC and Lei

Spoiler

Pretty sure this scene with the band hasn’t been broadcasted and it looks like it’s gonna be in coming episodes.

• Like 2

Maybe it is on London scene when Lei accompany SC to find DS

And the guy on the left side, isn't he Thomas from earlier episode who brought SC to hotel?

• Like 1

I just watched the raw episodes. Think they are in those. Btw who is the band? I might ask my Scottish friends about them. Just for a laugh.

I actually watched the raw because I was darn curious about Xiaoyu and Ximen. So skipped SC and DMS scenes until the subs appear.  My Mandarin was rusty but after Fuyao and TMOPB I suddenly understood it again.

The weird thing is when subs are on screen I don't listen as much. But when there are no subs I pay attention. And is HZL's dubbed voice too mature sounding?

2. The plastic surgery standard is pretty darn poor. I keep seeing the uppee bleph/ double eyelid scars. I see it on Caina and ZY.

• Like 1

What's happening with my Lei..

screen time increased?

is he getting tortured?

i stopped after ep 30.. when his torturing starts (pains of unrequited love).. let me know

and someone said it.. awesome.. he is indeed the french guy thomas who "slept" with SC

• Like 1

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

THANKS!!! :D hehehe this is nice to know seeing how she change from 'A Love Beautiful' from a clueless girl to Shan Cai....i find she is interesting to watch :) 

@angelangie YW! I like her too. If she does end up in the remake with Wei Long, I will definitely see it.

11 hours ago, kokodus said:

@cantbreathe

Reveal hidden contents

I think the island arc will be plotted by F3 and probably Xiao Zi also has a hand in it. And I'm also curious about that scene where they are separated by a door. It looks like Si's house but I don't know in what context it will happen. Because the only arc that is left, that could possibly happen in his house is the amnesia arc, and I can't imagine how this scene will fit in that arc....hmmmm

@mouse007 ikr??? I'm starting to feel bad for lei who is always left behind. Lol

@kokodus LOL same. I'm like, isn't Lei getting tired of trying to pick up SC and take her places only for her to get off the vehicle at the last minute? hehehe

I think next time, instead of Lei trying to have it out with DS, he needs to have it out with SC before getting on the vehicle. He'll probably be like, "SC are you sure you want to get on the bus/taxi? I'm telling you, once you get in, I'll lock the doors and make sure you can't get out so decide now. "

• LOL 4

This is tooooo funny to not share. LOL. 

DlIATxkUUAAXiM8?format=jpg

DlIATxjVsAAUtP3?format=jpg

Dude, do you realize how cheesy that is??? But why did I still fall for it??? I'm sooo doomed. Sighh

Can't wait for tonight's episode. The London date is coming up. This definitely is different from the other versions. I really appreciate how at the end of every angsty arc they load us with cuteness. Actually the best part is they have significantly cutdown the time spent on angst and added it on the cute part. Wise decision, show. LOL. 

• LOL 4

4 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

Yes, the guy on the right also posted the same picture on his IG

Location, Brocket Hall in the UK!

Can't wait to watch this episode!

Does Darren actually play violin IRL?

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

This is tooooo funny to not share. LOL. 

DlIATxkUUAAXiM8?format=jpg

DlIATxjVsAAUtP3?format=jpg

@kokodus hahaha! Thanks for sharing! That's totally something DS would say!! The look on Caesar and Darren's faces tho! LOL

• Like 2

Nice dp @mouse007!!!!!! Haha. They look adorable!!!!! Shan Cai is enjoying it too, I can't even.... They are too precious for this world. 

Edit

Guess they are doing some musical or something. As I said, precious. Them being in one frame is enough for my poor little heart to start fluttering. Lol. * Yeah I tend to be dramatic sometimes*  * Don't mind me*

DlIRmPMU0AEQ0Tc?format=jpg

DlIRkeNU8AEP0Hf?format=jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Nice dp @mouse007!!!!!! Haha. They look adorable!!!!! Shan Cai is enjoying it too, I can't even.... They are too precious for this world. 

Edit

Guess they are doing some musical or something. As I said, precious. Them being in one frame is enough for my poor little heart to start fluttering. Lol. * Yeah I tend to be dramatic sometimes*  * Don't mind me*

@kokodus thanks! I couldn't resist. I saw the photo online and I just had to use it. I just love them both together so so much! And don't worry, I'm the same. I die everytime I see them together.

• Like 2