Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Recommended Posts

Watched 38 with fan subs. Thanks to wanghediarchive in Twitter. This ep is full of Ximen and Xiao You but I'm not complaining, my heart always had a special place for them because I really liked their characters in the k version. I was getting frustrated that they are not giving enough time to them in this version and now they finally did....better late than never, I guess. I think the raeson why he is afraid of love could've been showed better. It's because of his parents failed marriage, and his father is a real jerk who treats his mother badly. They did touch upon that, but I feel like they could've stressed on it more, idk, but it still was fine and I get the emotions and his reasons for not being able to completely fall in love with anyone, mainly because Ximen/Caesar Wu is quite a good actor. Haha. I'm really looking forward to the next eps to see how much they are going to develop their story. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY caught up yesterday!! I was behind like 5 episodes, but was keeping track of clips on instagram and twitter and via this forum so it was total torture haha

 

I honestly skipped ALL the Caina/ Meizou parts..sowwyy ya'll but had no emotional connection to them at all when they introduced the characters so I was like :sleeping:.  Thank goodness it's over! That was a lot of screen time devoted to a character that lacked development up to that point. No wonder people were so upset! What I'm not upset about is this Ximen/Xiayou storyline coming together. FINALLY. @kokodus Agree that it was a really good story in the Korean version. I was disappointed in how they left it pretty opened ended in that one and how Yi-Jung just goes abroad! I guess he did come back so ..

 

Small, unimportant point, but I was hoping they'd develop Shancai's cooking skills some more.. she spent a lot of time honing her great cooking skills and it just seems to have disappeared other than her squid cooking. I kept imagining her feeding DS some of it someday too.

 

Lots and lots of sweetness in these last episodes..even though I had to wake up at 7 today, it was worth it to stay up til 3 finishing up ep 36 haha. 

 

Lei+SC

Spoiler

Did Lei really go away for his family situations? How much was truly an effect caused by DS's mom? Or did he go away to mend his broken heart? SC only went away for a few weeks but Lei was gone for months :heartbreak: Maybe it is his acting.. but I truly truly believe that Lei loves SC..more than a friend.. he says he loves her and cares for her deeply many times but the last few episodes really drove that home for me. I felt that in the Korean BoF, but this version just really epitomizes loving from a far and sacrifice for the greater good and friendship. I will cherish these Lei/SC scenes because he's so open and honest with her during this time.  

 

 I think he knew that SC truly love DS even though she doesn't admit it openly after the necklace scene and my heart truly broke for him while he held her because you could truly feel his pain after recognizing that.. I don't just think he played a game to get DS and SC to realize their feelings for each other (although I love him for it) because he also gets to vocalize everything he truly ever wanted to say and just say in the end that it was because he playing the game to get them to fall in love. I think he really did want SC to go like him again, but I also believe that he was truthful and earnest when he said he wishes them the best. My favorite moment was when he told SC that as long as she's happy he's happy. He's content with watching her from afar, keeping her happy as a life long friend/companion. I think the bus scene-- poignant in so many ways. Lei lets her choose twice.. and in the end she chooses DS which as the OTP I truly love, but I also was torn and wanted her to stay on the bus (even though I know realistically this doesn't happen). I was surprised by Xiao Zi, a lot of people thought she was also playing a game too, but I def think she had ulterior motives and even *thinks* and recognizes she is a bad friend for pursuing DS again. At least she doesn't hide it from SC though. 

 

Do we really have to have sadness coming up?  I could re-watch episodes 34-36 again and again..and might have to until Wed haha. Finally, SC vocalizing all her reservations to DS is a hallelujah. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can we take 2min to talk about how naughty and daring daoming si has been on those 2/3 last episodes !

im dying xD 

i think he felt how mush sc is opening up to him and how mush she wanna be closer 

and omg we almost waited 35episodes for this !

it so nice and funny to see him go wild haha

Spoiler

tumblr_pdjhhfefQJ1xzctfeo5_540.gif

the " I ACTUALLY REALLY DO" was so funny xDDD 

tumblr_pdmbebmcMi1wmmidqo1_r1_540.jpg

THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER !

and when he was like 'sc i really want to hug you ! im gona turn now" ! and just gave up to the temptation and turned but she was asleep xD

tumblr_pdjtd6LqYt1sls47co7_1280.jpg

off cam but aaaaaaaaaghhhhh so cute ! YES XD

tumblr_pdnfyziPi61utfw96o4_400.gif

 

for my darren lovers here 

he gave flowers to the Fans in the Airport yesterday since its Chinas Valentine’s Day, my boy is so cute omg 

tumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o1_400.jpgtumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o3_400.jpgtumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o2_400.jpgtumblr_pdmyd9vok41xtyy36o4_400.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maisquared said:

I honestly skipped ALL the Caina/ Meizou parts..sowwyy ya'll but had no emotional connection to them at all when they introduced the characters so I was like :sleeping:.  Thank goodness it's over! That was a lot of screen time devoted to a character that lacked development up to that point. No wonder people were so upset! What I'm not upset about is this Ximen/Xiayou storyline coming together. FINALLY. @kokodus Agree that it was a really good story in the Korean version. I was disappointed in how they left it pretty opened ended in that one and how Yi-Jung just goes abroad! I guess he did come back so ..

 

10 hours ago, kokodus said:

Watched 38 with fan subs. Thanks to wanghediarchive in Twitter. This ep is full of Ximen and Xiao You but I'm not complaining, my heart always had a special place for them because I really liked their characters in the k version. I was getting frustrated that they are not giving enough time to them in this version and now they finally did....better late than never, I guess. I think the raeson why he is afraid of love could've been showed better. It's because of his parents failed marriage, and his father is a real jerk who treats his mother badly. They did touch upon that, but I feel like they could've stressed on it more, idk, but it still was fine and I get the emotions and his reasons for not being able to completely fall in love with anyone, mainly because Ximen/Caesar Wu is quite a good actor. Haha. I'm really looking forward to the next eps to see how much they are going to develop their story. 

 

@maisquared Yeah, the Meizou/Caina storyline was disappointing and boring. I was really excited to see Meizou get his own storyline in this version, but what a letdown in execution. 

 

So, I've seen up to NF Ep. 36, and I just watched the fansubbed Ep. 38 because the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline was my favorite in the Korea version. I loved that couple and Kim So Eun & Kim Bum had fabulous chemistry together and both actors did a wonderful job bringing those characters to life. I too was disappointed with the open ending for their story in the Korea version, and also we never got a kiss scene for them in the Korea version either.  It was a happy ending in that Ximen came back from Sweden and went straight to Xiaoyou and he didn't say "no" when the little boy said he must be Xiaoyou's boyfriend, then they smiled at each other. (Would have preferred a kiss between them though.)  Shan Cai & Si continue to be so sweet!  I have to cherish the moments since the angst is coming! 

@kokodus I agree with you that the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline is not as developed here in this version. They are moving pretty fast and Ep. 38 covered a lot of ground, but I do hope that we get to see more development in the next few episodes. They are just skimming over the topic of his family situation which is the basis for his fear of commitment/love, and I didn't like how they left the reason for Xiaoyou's searching until the end of the episode because it is very confusing to the viewer. To be honest, they moved so fast that I am not feeling much emotional connection with the characters here, or understanding why Xiaoyou likes Ximen so much (other than he is a handsome young man), and also why Ximen is attracted to Xiaoyou in spite of himself. I see where the writers/production is trying to go, but they are not spending enough time building the foundation up, so now when they do try and add some nuance in, it falls flat for me.  I agree with you that we just get hints of things. A big part of what made the Korean version of this storyline so great was that we did get a lot of story and character development  with many scenes, interactions, and conversations between Ximen and Xiaoyou. There were also some great moments in the Korea version between Ximen and his father which really helped to give insight into his character. What I am loving for Ep. 38 is jealous Ximen!  Please I want some more of that! Kudos to Caesar Wu for his acting here with those glares! And also for showing a little of the inner conflict of the character. I just wish it was fleshed out more.  I do hope that this version will have a defined happy ending for Ximen/Xiaoyou where they are a definite couple til the end. (I heard a rumor that maybe they would be together and then break up at the end-say it ain't so!) I'm also worried that they will follow the manga ending for this couple, which I didn't like either.  

Spoiler

There has been some speculation that the kiss we saw in that preview is going to be the eqivalent of the "sexual healing" sex scene between Ximen/Xiaoyou in the manga, and that they will go their separate ways in the end. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, htqtq said:

which episode was this? I remember he said "i love you" for the first time but can't find the scene again :cold_sweat:

I think he first said “i like you” in Canada but i don’t recall the episode number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, htqtq said:

which episode was this? I remember he said "i love you" for the first time but can't find the scene again :cold_sweat:

Netflix ep 33 where they were locked in the room together. He said "i really love you" and the word used was "ai" and not "xi huan" so he really did upgrade it lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on Twitter:

 

 

 

LOL that Shen Yue really is a lucky girl!! :love:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i want to talk about something that slightly bothered me on this last episode 

its nothing major and i still enjoi the sanshai character alot 

but that scene where she just bumped in doamingsi s room and litteraly said that she would leave him/breakup out of nowhere 

if he doesnt  take her to see ximen 

slightly made me feel uneasy ... (or maybe im just very protective of si ! he is litteraly a child in love in my eyes haha)

like hey ?? you barely started this whole relationship thing and its like walking on eggs shells with all the drama and mom problems and stuff

and we can always feel that si is always a bit scared that she will leave him at any moment ( especialy when he talked to grandma Yu ! he was so uneasy :/) 

 

you just dont go and scare the man like that over a simple demande 

im sure she could have found cuter , softer more convinsing ways ... its so easy to get si when it comes to sc anyways 

 

but yeah this scene right here was weird to me xD ... i guess daoming si is the boss of F4 .. but sanshai is the boss of SI ! does that make her the boss of F4 ? XD 

Spoiler

 

39509361_1020714868090551_40041643933517

 

39603164_1020714971423874_63643937788657

 

 

39496796_1020715051423866_12466966780864

 

39442012_1020715264757178_70105096579406

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

ok i want to talk about something that slightly bothered me on this last episode 

its nothing major and i still enjoi the sanshai character alot 

but that scene where she just bumped in doamingsi s room and litteraly said that she would leave him/breakup out of nowhere 

if he doesnt  take her to see ximen 

slightly made me feel uneasy ... (or maybe im just very protective of si ! he is litteraly a child in love in my eyes haha)

like hey ?? you barely started this whole relationship thing and its like walking on eggs shells with all the drama and mom problems and stuff

and we can always feel that si is always a bit scared that she will leave him at any moment ( especialy when he talked to grandma Yu ! he was so uneasy :/) 

 

you just dont go and scare the man like that over a simple demande 

im sure she could have found cuter , softer more convinsing ways ... its so easy to get si when it comes to sc anyways 

 

but yeah this scene right here was weird to me xD ... i guess daoming si is the boss of F4 .. but sanshai is the boss of SI ! does that make her the boss of F4 ? XD 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

39509361_1020714868090551_40041643933517

 

39603164_1020714971423874_63643937788657

 

 

39496796_1020715051423866_12466966780864

 

39442012_1020715264757178_70105096579406

 


 

 

 

 

 

I had the same problems with episode 38.. Everything was just a bit off with the characters. Shancai's naggyness and Ah Si's whipped-ness. It felt out of character from both of them. This was probably the least I've ever liked them. Then @Table122000 touched on some of the things that I think they rushed too much with the Ximen/Xiao You storyline. It made him come off as more of an richard simmons and her more desperate than I remember from the original story. There hasn't been enough backstory to build their connection. The real winner of the episode was Xiao Geng. She was so cute lol. XM really messed up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, feliset said:

There hasn't been enough backstory to build their connection. The real winner of the episode was Xiao Geng. She was so cute lol. XM really messed up.

 

Exactly! I wish that we could have seen more interaction between Ximen/Xiaoyou earlier in the drama. As it is now, everything  seems to be coming out of nowhere, and it feels manufactured, not organic.

 

@rimjayc Yes, Shan Cai's demand to Si that she tell him where to find Ximen or they were through felt wrong to me too considering all they had gone through in the previous episodes and had just declared themselves a couple. Definite failure on the writers part-bad writing. That scene should have been writte n differently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why do I feel the same thing as you guys :D

but actually I found the scene when SC bragging into DS room to find Xi Men is funny though :D

Maybe since DS knew that SC loves him makes him more feel secure?

Because in manga DS also quite 'tame' at the end of story, he's more mature. 

 

And yeesss .. why xi men story is so rush :(

Even Mei zuo get more screen with Caina in which I always skip it :D

 

I'm waiting for the London, Island and Memory loss arc next week because I want to see how SC desperate for DS :D

It's time for her to chase DS!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What???? I found that scene very hilarious. Even though they hardly showed Si and SC in 38, I loved what I saw. I loved how he was like a totally whipped husband and how SC behaved like an naggy wife. It was literally like seeing a old married couple. Haha. I thought they became more comfortable with each other. C'mon, they can't be lovey dovey with each other all the time now that they are dating, as mentioned by F3, they are a "weird couple". I can already imagine Shan Cai to be this demanding wife and Si to be a obedient hubby who listens and fulfills all her wishes. Hehe. That somehow makes me very happy. Lol. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kokodus on normal times i would totaly agree with you 

i love a headover heels domiyoji in all versions 

the fact that makino is the only persone ever to make him beg and be on his knees is one the best dynamic ever for a couple 

Like them since he is a very strong headed man who doest let anybody tell him how to be or what to do ! 

But on that specific episode , at that moment ( especialy after hes been so vulnerable around her ! Even expressed how he needed her to be vocal about how mush she feels about him ) 

the part whith grandma yu where he confesses that he is so afraid of losing her 

just all those little parts that made it wrong for her to play with the word «  BREAKINGUP » 

maybe if they were dating for a while more ... or are in a less stressed moments in life ? 

 

as @Table122000 said it felt like bad writing ! And it can happen .. no big deal 

 

————————

for ximen /xioyou i dont think we should expect more tbh 

it alrzady good enough that we got a story xD i allost lost hope !! 

( i particulary enjoi the jealousy scenes when it comes to ximen ... his face is very expressive and i like the internal fighting he is having  lately ! Between seeying her with other guys and just moving on or actingup but having to openup about his heartbreaking past)

 

And yes omg that girl that played xiao geng !!!! WHat a cuty ???? I loved her parts in the flash backs 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rimjayc Erm, I thought at this point in the story he doesn't feel insecure at all. He doesn't have any reason to. And I'm sure they have been dating for a while now seeing how the boys mentioned that it's been months when Lei comes back. If at all anything Grandma Yu's words should have given him more courage and hope that SC won't give up on him unless he does. And SC confirms it again before the bed kiss scene that she can't bring herself to hate him and she wants to go through all the difficulties with him and she hopes it makes their relationship much more stronger. If that doesn't make him let go of his insecurity, I don't know what will. We have passed that stage, the coming arcs will only focus on SC being insecure because it's Si's turn to ignore her now. Sighh 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kokodus im just saying when your boyfriend is chilling at home reading a book probabaly thinking about you bcuz that how mush hevis obsessed about you 

you dont just come out of nowhere with 0 comunication and throw the «  BREAKUP » bomb on him like that xD 

she could just have asked nicely ! Or a simple « please im worried about xiaoyou »

but hey i really do hope si is over his insecurities when it comes to their relationship 

but since his mom is still a hiden evil ... i dont think it will ever be at 100% 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokodus said:

What???? I found that scene very hilarious. Even though they hardly showed Si and SC in 38, I loved what I saw. I loved how he was like a totally whipped husband and how SC behaved like an naggy wife. It was literally like seeing a old married couple. Haha. I thought they became more comfortable with each other. C'mon, they can't be lovey dovey with each other all the time now that they are dating, as mentioned by F3, they are a "weird couple". I can already imagine Shan Cai to be this demanding wife and Si to be a obedient hubby who listens and fulfills all her wishes. Hehe. That somehow makes me very happy. Lol. 

 

@kokodus I agree. The one thing I find a little confusing with MG is the passing of time. Some scenes which appear to me as if it's only been days is actually spread over what appears to be months but I can never tell for sure just how much time has passed. You can just tell some time has passed based on little details (like the fact the Lei was gone for months and has now come back or the time when DS mentioned that SC was now a sophomore). I think DS and SC have reached a certain level of comfort at this point which is why she feels comfortable enough to just barge into his house AND his room when in earlier episodes, she wouldn't even dare step into his house without being literally dragged there. 

 

I actually really liked that when she barged into his room, he was like "what now?!" LOL 

 

I also found it cute that he will literally do anything she asks of him and will always take her side. Like when SC asked Ximen to go outside the bar to talk and DS gave him a look that said, "You better go" and when SC scolded Meizuo and DS was quick to take her side. 

 

I feel like these little things give them a sense of normalcy considering that their entire relationship has been filled with highs and lows from the get-go.

 

 

13 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

@kokodus im just saying when your boyfriend is chilling at home reading a book probabaly thinking about you bcuz that how mush hevis obsessed about you 

you dont just come out of nowhere with 0 comunication and throw the «  BREAKUP » bomb on him like that xD 

she could just have asked nicely ! Or a simple « please im worried about xiaoyou »

but hey i really do hope si is over his insecurities when it comes to their relationship 

but since his mom is still a hiden evil ... i dont think it will ever be at 100% 

 

@rimjayc I see what you're saying here. It's like she went from 0 to 100 and threw the breakup threat without having tried asking nicely first. Although considering their history where they constantly bicker, I'm also not surprised that this is how SC chose to communicate with DS. They both have a history of saying things they also don't really mean but they're both somewhat impulsive that way and I think that's why they're somewhat similar in that regard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

 

@kokodus I agree. The one thing I find a little confusing with MG is the passing of time. Some scenes which appear to me as if it's only been days is actually spread over what appears to be months but I can never tell for sure just how much time has passed. You can just tell some time has passed based on little details (like the fact the Lei was gone for months and has now come back or the time when DS mentioned that SC was now a sophomore). I think DS and SC have reached a certain level of comfort at this point which is why she feels comfortable enough to just barge into his house AND his room when in earlier episodes, she wouldn't even dare step into his house without being literally dragged there. 

 

I actually really liked that when she barged into his room, he was like "what now?!" LOL 

 

I also found it cute that he will literally do anything she asks of him and will always take her side. Like when SC asked Ximen to go outside the bar to talk and DS gave him a look that said, "You better go" and when SC scolded Meizuo and DS was quick to take her side. 

 

I feel like these little things give them a sense of normalcy considering that their entire relationship has been filled with highs and lows from the get-go.

 

 

 

@rimjayc I see what you're saying here. It's like she went from 0 to 100 and threw the breakup threat without having tried asking nicely first. Although considering their history where they constantly bicker, I'm also not surprised that this is how SC chose to communicate with DS. They both have a history of saying things they also don't really mean but they're both somewhat impulsive that way and I think that's why they're somewhat similar in that regard.

 

 OK YEAH true ! Managee to forget how childish and impulsive those two can be 

( also how unexpremented they are when it comes to being in a serious relationship )

they both call eatch others stupid as words of affection ffs xD

and as long as it works for them ( and it does lol) i dont mind ...

So yeah ... it maybe just natural behaviors on their side 

i still stick on the fact that she could have asked nicely first ... we love the bickering but we also love comunication guys ! They are on their early 20s after all haha

 

i think the fault they had in those few last episodes is clearly the timing ! And making it clear of how mush we should understand of it 

it felt like couple days ... yet as you explained its months :/ 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mouse007 You have explained it way better than I ever could. Hahaha. This is just how they communicate, it's like how "You stupid" = "I love you" in their language. LOLOL. I also loved that bar scene and how he played his part as an obedient boyfriend level to the T. I just love these two seriously. Every interaction between them is gold, my heart becomes fluttery even when they just look at each other. I'm soooo doomed. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Japan version we can really see how SC chase after DS. She's trying so hard even when DS make a distance of her. It's not like ok, DS not loving me anymore, I'm give up and just forget him. But in there she's trying to found out why DS acting like that and not give up on him. I really want to see it in this version because SC in this version is really hard to get and seems like the chasing only on DS side.

 

Also in the memory loss, DS is really hate SC like 'who is this crazy woman?' and he looks more fancy on Umi. I even want to throw my book when I read it :D

So I look forward in this version also

 

The ending of the manga is not satisfying for me, after a long wait and the end is juts like that making me want to burn all the books :D

But thanks fully the writer make short story about their life after that in Lei POV! So we can see how deeply Lei's feeling for SC but we got the quite satisfying ending for DS and SC.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...