Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

yes! and then when he can tell she's contemplating on getting off the bus he tells her to stop thinking about him because she already made her decision to not stay with him.. I was so confused by this and that's what made me think that maybe Lei honestly wants to be SC this time. I think I will have to wait until this ep comes out so I can actually see the before, during and after versus just what's happening for that minute, it may make more sense once we see the episode in it's entirety.

 

I was a total SC+Lei fan in the beginning, I have converted to SC+DS for life but I can't help but feel a sadness and an ache for Lei+SC whenever I see him go above and beyond for her.

lol all those are reverse psychology tactics..

 

Let's say you are dieting, you know you should not eat choclate.. but i want you to eat choclate.. so if i tell you to eat it... you get a motivation to not eat it (because its a powerplay, your brain gets a high with that win.. the rebel gets satisfied).. but if i know you badly want to eat it and craving for it.. and i tell you to stop looking at it (the rebel raises its head the other way now ;) ..  eventually you will reach the decision that you can eat the choclate and work out really hard to sweat it out..  and your brain is satisfied because of poweplay.. afterall its a fabulous solution and you think your brain came up with that .. and the rebel gets satisfied 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol all those are reverse psychology tactics..

 

Let's say you are dieting, you know you should not eat choclate.. but i want you to eat choclate.. so if i tell you to eat it... you get a motivation to not eat it (because its a powerplay, your brain gets a high with that win.. the rebel gets satisfied).. but if i know you badly want to eat it and craving for it.. and i tell you to stop looking at it (the rebel raises its head the other way now ;) ..  eventually you will reach the decision that you can eat the choclate and work out really hard to sweat it out..  and your brain is satisfied because of poweplay.. afterall its a fabulous solution and you think your brain came up with that .. and the rebel gets satisfied 

Smart answer my friend ! 

Thats exactly what lei is doing 

i mean i still think that deep inside he gets lost in this cravings for sc attention too ( they are the base love triangle in the story after all lol)

like when he goes to see her alone at the coffee shop and express to her how mush he enjoy this alone time with her without daoming si around stealing all the attention and time and how mush its enjoyable for him just being the two of them 

but he knows his limits he got his priorities straight 

and that guys is a respectable friend ! A gem really 

 

for that 48h off phone thing 

its a nother showoff test really ... and its gonna be clear when we are gonna see the episode fully ( its only gonna show how mush of a crazy in love fool Si is ! And im all for it xD) 

 

for yall that have been claiming that si easly gave up on those episodes even after claiming « i will follow you wherever you go ! I will run after you even if its mars »

well lets watch him really run after her in that bus scene ! My poor baby is gonna give it his all TT 

that scene in the preview when he even told her « i cant live without you ! Dont go ! Dont leave me » ughhhhhh 

i love an expressive dao ming si TT

cant wait for 33/34 tbh

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

omg looks like today’s episodes are really good!

I unfollowed the bigger accounts on twitter since they are the biggest spoiler! :lol:

 

I want to watch these feel-good episodes for this week with english subtitle so I don’t wanna see spoilers!

 

It will be more exciting if many scenes will surprise you, so I suggest you guys should not view any video clips/pics if you will not watch the whole episode yet!  :D hahahaha!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kokodus said:

@feliset About Xiao zi, I think she was indeed serious about getting him back. I guess, Lei probably went with her plan because he was sure that neither SC nor Si would have any of it and it might also make her give up on Si. The plan worked both ways. Both Si and Xiao Zi realized that he would never be able to give up on SC. LOL. Lei is absolutely amazing. I still think he has not developed any romantic feelings for SC yet. That's how I would like to believe, I don't want to see  him heartbroken at the end. Sighhh. 

argh I don't know what they did with Xiao Zi in this series. Shigeru had her weak moments in the manga but you could always tell she really valued her friendship with Makino. I think that's been a little lost in MG2018. Can't blame her though, I might be just as weak in her spot against DS haha. :flushed:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

omg looks like today’s episodes are really good!

I unfollowed the bigger accounts on twitter since they are the biggest spoiler! :lol:

 

I want to watch these feel-good episodes for this week with english subtitle so I don’t wanna see spoilers!

 

It will be more exciting if many scenes will surprise you, so I suggest you guys should not view any video clips/pics if you will not watch the whole episode yet!  :D hahahaha!  

 

haha I can't help myself! I rewatch episodes in full then my fav scenes 2390482304 times anyways so I don't really mind. :love:

 

aghhh just went through twitter. all the clips look so good.. looks like they're adapting a lot of scenes from the manga. So exciteddddd

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, feliset said:

argh I don't know what they did with Xiao Zi in this series. Shigeru had her weak moments in the manga but you could always tell she really valued her friendship with Makino. I think that's been a little lost in MG2018. Can't blame her though, I might be just as weak in her spot against DS haha. :flushed:

I agree! I think we the viewers would be a lot more sympathetic towards her conflicted feelings if we had had the chance to see her friendship with SC really develop. It doesn't really seem like they're that close in MG2018 (SC basically forced to listen to XZ complain every night while she and DMS were dating haha) so the violin scene just seemed a little conniving on her part

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Agree with everyone re: the passion/restrain; although I do have to say that Dylan & YueYue have the best physical chemistry (except for kissing lol). They are just SO comfortable with each other, physically. I don't remember in any other version where DMS & SC have so many moments where they interact so comfortably with each other, even before they officially date (e.g. when they played cards the night before her competition), and even more so after they start dating (e.g. the nose kiss when they helped each other study, etc.). This is different from the manga but I'm so glad for ONCE SC doesn't seem like a 5 year old, shrinking away or getting ridiculously embarrassed whenever he tried to touch her. 

 

@insertusernamehere totally agree with everything you said! My favourite scenes are the ones you mentioned - when they played cards in Si’s bedroom and the nose kiss when they were studying together. It just goes to show that they are such a good match and it kinda gives you a glimpse of what everyday life would be like for them after they get married. Remember too that although SC is totally comfortable with Lei, she just doesn’t have the spark with him. Their first date was even boring! With Si, all they have to do is stay in his room and magic happens. Lol

 

11 hours ago, feliset said:

@kokodusI do think the sweeter approach does match our new smart woke bridge playing 2018 DMS haha. I like how they toned down the violence without losing the essence of the character too because that was one of things that always had me conflicted about the character in the original. We still got the takeout box throwing (with immediate guilt in his face after XD) and the forced kiss but I can totally do without the outright slapping her and other hitting of women.

Totally!!! Their chemistry is soooo good. One of my favs is the bed scene when they’re drawing on each others faces. I love whenever they look at eachother sleeping. It’s just too sweet. 2018 dms/sc is so good...

 

@feliset I also like that they toned down the bullying in this version bec it always made F4 seem so immature in the other versions. I like that in this version, they reasoned that forcing people to make a bet before playing bridge was to avoid them having to play bridge with challengers all the time and not bec they were picking fights with people. I also thought it’s nice that they are known not so much for their wealth (they didn’t seem to speak about it when F4 was introduced) and rather known for being top students beside being handsome. 

 

10 hours ago, rimjayc said:

« SPoiled brat , littel boy , spoiled man » 

yep thats domiyoji tsukasa all around xD

 

 @feliset me and @kokodus brough up that chapter few days ago and wished for it to be redone in this version so bad xD

 

the chances are weak to be honest ( that scene is very daring ..shin yue did some cute kiss/cuddle bed scenes in a love so beautiful  as shy as she can get she is good ... i dont know about didi tho xD )

And i dont know if the mood of the drama will follow too ... they are keeping it very pg13

but hey the pd said they will follow the manga closely ... who knows may for the last episodes ? 

 

@rimjayc I am hoping there will be more intimacy in the next episodes!

 

9 hours ago, feliset said:

@rimjaycyea I don’t think they’ll go there either but one can hope :). Even if it’s just verbal, I’d love to hear a little more. Like the one chapter after he’s moved in the apt net to her and she falls asleep on him, he calls her stupid for falling asleep cause now he could take advantage of her. Or I forget which chapter but when he likens the sight of her/not being able to have her to a buffet in front of a starving man. :tounge_xd:

 

 

That spoiler scene... ahhhhh :bawling:

 

@feliset same! Let’s hope for more!

 

 

5 hours ago, ilu2 said:

I remember seeing a post asking if anyone could make HuaZe Lei gifs, so here are some... 

P.S. I had to upload the rest under spoiler so this post doesn't get too long.

XuAE1Dq.gif 

 

 

 

  Hide contents

 

 

W8HmJ32.gif

 

9oQJsXH.gif

 

 

@ilu2 thanks for the Lei gifs! My favs are the ones of him smiling ❤️

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

omg looks like today’s episodes are really good!

I unfollowed the bigger accounts on twitter since they are the biggest spoiler! :lol:

 

I want to watch these feel-good episodes for this week with english subtitle so I don’t wanna see spoilers!

 

It will be more exciting if many scenes will surprise you, so I suggest you guys should not view any video clips/pics if you will not watch the whole episode yet!  :D hahahaha!  

Haha yes I did the same. Unfollowed all the accounts that could potentially spoil me. I dare to even login to Twitter. LOL. I totally don't want to get spoiled this week. I'm even scared to come to this thread. Lol. It's really difficult and I don't know how I'm going to survive tomorrow. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure about YueYue but I think Dylan Wang is capable of pulling off the intimate scenes even though he is younger than her. Haha. She totally has that innocent baby girl face while Dylan on the other hand exudes such charismatic sexy aura all around him. Ok my mind is in gutters now, let me stop here. Hahahaha. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'm not sure about YueYue but I think Dylan Wang is capable of pulling off the intimate scenes even though he is younger than her. Haha. She totally has that innocent baby girl face while Dylan on the other hand exudes such charismatic sexy aura all around him. Ok my mind is in gutters now, let me stop here. Hahahaha. 

 

Yes! its so natural for Dylan thats why he is match as Daomingsi.. Shen Yue’s innocent vibe and Dylan’s cool bad boy type is such a good natural combination thats a big factor for their chemistry :wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. I was supposed to wait till English subs come out but I just couldn't I am doomed. I got sucked into this black hole called Meteor Garden and there's no way out of it. I can't believe I just watched a Chinese drama RAW. Since many here are avoiding spoilers I will hold back my excitement and won't spoil it for you all. I will just say it's worth the wait episode 33-34 is so perfect and fluffy. We deserve it after week long separation torture. The way dms(dylan) looks at sc I don't know how Shen yue does it but if I were her I would have either fainted there on the spot or jumped on him:wub:. We have so many hugs to look forward to. Their hugs are so perfect and the height difference makes it more cute. One would melt in his arms. I am glad that they are following the manga well. From the preview of episode 35-36 all I can say is they have lot of CaiSi goodies in store  for us. 

Thank you all for posting your pov about the characters and plot. I enjoy reading all your povs. Keep 'em coming:D

 

EDIT: I just saw another preview for episode 35-36 and I can't stop blushing. I guess it's time for me to unfollow all the major spoiler accounts on twitter. I am have major cardiac arrest tonight if I continue watching more cuteness overloaded videos

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Harry97 Nooooooo should I call the ambulance?? Don't die yet, we have so much more breathtaking cuteness ahead. LOL. Ahhhhh I can't wait either. I didn't even watch the preview for this week. I just know that there will be a bus scene and a hot kiss scene. I want to ask though, I feel like I have seen many kisses in the trailers, teasers and MVs that I feel there is nothing that is left to be seen for the first time. Hope that is not true and we  are not that much spoiled. LOL. Are there any cute moments we haven't seen anywhere else at all in these two eps??? 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone know what spectacles is ximen wearing here??

looks realllyyyyyyy good!!

 

15217984517894939533cc9

Edited by chiatlard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Harry97 Nooooooo should I call the ambulance?? Don't die yet, we have so much more breathtaking cuteness ahead. LOL. Ahhhhh I can't wait either. I didn't even watch the preview for this week. I just know that there will be a bus scene and a hot kiss scene. I want to ask though, I feel like I have seen many kisses in the trailers, teasers and MVs that I feel there is nothing that is left to be seen for the first time. Hope that is not true and we  are not that much spoiled. LOL. Are there any cute moments we haven't seen anywhere else at all in these two eps??? 

 

Not sure about the kisses but saw few hugs which I haven't seen before. They are not just hugs they are TIGHT hugs. DMS stares have gotten more intense than before, secret dating, drunk shan cai and bold confession. I want to go into the details of preview but I am holding back myself for now since many of you here don't want spoilers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

Not sure about the kisses but saw few hugs which I haven't seen before. They are not just hugs they are TIGHT hugs. DMS stares have gotten more intense than before, secret dating, drunk shan cai and bold confession. I want to go into the details of preview but I am holding back myself for now since many of you here don't want spoilers. 

 AAAAAAAAAAA IM SO TRIGGERED XD 

i should have taken chinese classes last year when i had the chance lol

im so happy the next episodes are all sounding fluffy ... we all needed it 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ready for all the fluffs.. need my sugar fix this week. It'll need to be a good one to last through the next heartbreaks haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some one made this and it just shows how mush they are following the manga even for whats coming ! the dialogues ect

its so nice ! im glad

Spoiler

 

 

 

all of you that keep saying that shinyue isnt as daring as didi  when it comes to scenes like those 

i kinda disagree 

i mean yeah she is kinda shy ! but also very professional and cool 

i dont know if anybody bothered to  watched her in aloveso beautiful 

but her scenes were nice and looked intimate 

i wish dylan had a background i could comare him in too xD

 


 

Spoiler

 

you can see all of it in this BTS for this cute scene 

spoilers for anyone that want to watch the drama here tho 

 

 

 

also if this aint me :,) 

 

Spoiler

tumblr_pdbwsnYdlb1xtyy36o1_540.png

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we due to hit a happy patch this week? I missed last week because real life was busy. So I ended on ep 25. Then snuck into ep 32 which was the graduation scene and the whole Caina arc. Is this Terence supposed to be there? Or handsome? Is the actor supposed to be older? Because he sure looks over 35 hitting on a 18-20 yr old. It just looked pervy vs romantic.

 

I have watched all previous TW, JD and KD versions. So was waiting for a happy patch before restarting. Was ep 26 to 31 good as in there are happy moments? This MG version seems to have a very resistant SC. How much convincing does DMS need to do? Much as I am a fan of this franchise... even I am wondering what I am misinterpreting wrongly. Did all the other versions male lead have to fight so hard and long?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, feliset said:

 

 

@chocolatetruffles08 I don’t understand why he asks her to shut off her phone either. DS already has his spark back at this point, maybe he wants SC to witness the lengths DS will go to find and get her back?  But then why push her to get on the bus once DS finds SC and confessed to her again. Lei what are you thinking lol.

Maybe he's thinking "DS, are you absolutely sure this time? How far will you go? Will you be a brat again and stop chasing her after 2 hrs? 12 hrs? 18 hrs?"

 

In other words, you better make up your mind this time, DS!

 

Must be confusing for F3 to see their relationship in such a high, then a low. I remember a friend being in this kind of relationship and I couldn't handle or keep up with their fights and makeups, it got extremely frustrating for me. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Are we due to hit a happy patch this week? I missed last week because real life was busy. So I ended on ep 25. Then snuck into ep 32 which was the graduation scene and the whole Caina arc. Is this Terence supposed to be there? Or handsome? Is the actor supposed to be older? Because he sure looks over 35 hitting on a 18-20 yr old. It just looked pervy vs romantic.

 

I have watched all previous TW, JD and KD versions. So was waiting for a happy patch before restarting. Was ep 26 to 31 good as in there are happy moments? This MG version seems to have a very resistant SC. How much convincing does DMS need to do? Much as I am a fan of this franchise... even I am wondering what I am misinterpreting wrongly. Did all the other versions male lead have to fight so hard and long?

 

 

You have great restraint to be able to hold out for a happy patch before watching. :) Wish I had that kind of will, it'd make the rough patches so much easier to get through! To answer your question, there are some really happy moments in ep 26 but that's where they end. As far as subbed eps go, it's not back to happy yet but looks like they will come back in eps 32 or 33.

 

I agree this SC seems a little more resistant than usual. And combined with a softer DS, it makes it frustrating to watch sometimes because there's less reason than usual to hold her back.

 

As for Caina/Terrence, he's older but I'm under the impression that Caina is a bit older than our main cast as well. There's a scene where they talk about her wanting to feel young again. It'd fit with Meizuo/Akira's preference of older women in the original.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...