Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Apart from the uncomfortable kisses, it's unfortunate that the restrictions also meant F4's wealth had to be toned down.

Thank goodness Caina's storyline has ended (has it really lol). I'm also one of the many who fast forwarded when they came on. I'm sorry but I would rather watch DS/SC/Lei's angle develop.

I cannot wait for Thursday when Netflix releases 31 and 32! Another reason for me to look forward to the weekend :) I'm a bit wary about seeing Lei cry though.

• Like 3

After watching both ep 31 and 32  subbed 

i can officialy confirm it 

Spoiler

Lei is tottaly doing all of this shananigans to provoke both si and sanshai to get their sh@t together lol

you can clearly feel it in ep 32 especialy 

>the way he talks to both of them even meizuo and ximen when they try to resonate him to not hurt si 

>how he laughed at Si face when he told him « she us mine ! Lets make this clear and fight equaly »

> how he didnt even touch sc when he visited her at work and he totaly got a chance to !

we can also understand that he does have feelings for sc still [The drama apart ]

but they are more on the platonic love side than anything else i guess

since he said « im just really happy to take care of you and make you happy for now »

Also i loved that talk with mr Yu 

it was beautiful ! She felt like a nice grandmother figure to sc 

and i love how she lowkey take care of both sc and si 

Sc needed that , sush a nice lady TT

Spoiler

To finish up SOFTHEART DAO MING SI IS BACCCKKK and his hair is fresh as ef !!! XD

I loved how the episode ended with his confident walk 

knowing that what he is gonna do is litteraly silly and unrational and hard !

BUT HEY PERSISTENCY AND TIMING ARE KEY FOR ROMANCE 

so you go get your girl 

Im really excited for whats coming ! I can see the light ! And its pink and cute and fluffy :wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

That being said, I think there are quite a few scenes which show DS wanting to be close to SC: Trying to kiss her in the elevator, cuddling up to her when she was distracted looking at the phone, the piggyback rides, the playing cards on the bed, and he is always invading her personal space: standing close, backing her up against walls.

These are one of my favorite scenes. Did you see the BTS for the phone? Even the assistants in the back were smiling, which I've noticed in most of their BTS. The way DMS looks at SC and the subtle advances he makes are still quite intense. 

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

My question: When are they going to start the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline in this drama? I was hoping that we'd get a really fleshed out storyline for them in this version, but so far they have hardly interacted. This side story was so well done in the Korea version, so I've been looking forward to see how the writers would handle it for this version. So far, it is so disappointing! (And I am afraid that they are going to take the MG2001 route with these characters, which I didn't like how it was handled in that version) 

I hear ya. I would have watched 4+ episodes of Ximen/Xiaoyou love story instead of the Caina/Terrence. Oh well. I'm glad that's over with! Hahaha. I have a feeling that the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline will start after DMS/SC reunite. If I remember correctly,

Spoiler

they all get together in Ximen's house (where the shower scene takes place!). SC is protective of Xiaoyou, so she might ask/force DMS to go on double dates to keep an eye on the two. It would be fun to see this soon! :blush:   

On another note. Have you seen this? Whoever dressed him up is clever. The shirt says it all. :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, rimjayc said:

After watching both ep 31 and 32  subbed 

i can officialy confirm it 

Reveal hidden contents

Lei is tottaly doing all of this shananigans to provoke both si and sanshai to get their sh@t together lol

you can clearly feel it in ep 32 especialy 

>the way he talks to both of them even meizuo and ximen when they try to resonate him to not hurt si 

>how he laughed at Si face when he told him « she us mine ! Lets make this clear and fight equaly »

> how he didnt even touch sc when he visited her at work and he totaly got a chance to !

we can also understand that he does have feelings for sc still [The drama apart ]

but they are more on the platonic love side than anything else i guess

since he said « im just really happy to take care of you and make you happy for now »

Also i loved that talk with mr Yu 

it was beautiful ! She felt like a nice grandmother figure to sc 

and i love how she lowkey take care of both sc and si 

Sc needed that , sush a nice lady TT

Reveal hidden contents

To finish up SOFTHEART DAO MING SI IS BACCCKKK and his hair is fresh as ef !!! XD

I loved how the episode ended with his confident walk 

knowing that what he is gonna do is litteraly silly and unrational and hard !

BUT HEY PERSISTENCY AND TIMING ARE KEY FOR ROMANCE 

so you go get your girl 

Im really excited for whats coming ! I can see the light ! And its pink and cute and fluffy :wub:

You gotta thank Lei for doing all his best to save these two couples. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rockee19 said:
6 hours ago, Table122000 said:

That being said, I think there are quite a few scenes which show DS wanting to be close to SC: Trying to kiss her in the elevator, cuddling up to her when she was distracted looking at the phone, the piggyback rides, the playing cards on the bed, and he is always invading her personal space: standing close, backing her up against walls.

These are one of my favorite scenes. Did you see the BTS for the phone? Even the assistants in the back were smiling, which I've noticed in most of their BTS. The way DMS looks at SC and the subtle advances he makes are still quite intense. 

6 hours ago, Table122000 said:

My question: When are they going to start the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline in this drama? I was hoping that we'd get a really fleshed out storyline for them in this version, but so far they have hardly interacted. This side story was so well done in the Korea version, so I've been looking forward to see how the writers would handle it for this version. So far, it is so disappointing! (And I am afraid that they are going to take the MG2001 route with these characters, which I didn't like how it was handled in that version) 

I hear ya. I would have watched 4+ episodes of Ximen/Xiaoyou love story instead of the Caina/Terrence. Oh well. I'm glad that's over with! Hahaha. I have a feeling that the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline will start after DMS/SC reunite. If I remember correctly,

The only BTS I saw was the director working with Dylan and Shen Yue about how he wanted the  phone scene executed. He demonstrated what he wanted Dylan & Shen You to do.  Not sure if this is the same BTS that you are talking about- there are so many clips out there.

As for Caina/Terence: Yes, it would have been much better if they could have used all that time for the Ximen/Xiaoyue story. Now I'm worried that there won't be any time left for them-everything will just be rushed. I hope you're right and we get to see a lot more interactions between them, so that their storyline feels natural and organic. 

• Like 1

New to the forum (and the drama) so sorry if this question has been asked. But, can someone tell me if there is any symbolism to why we often see Si's breath?

Also, as an American watching this show, one of the things that has impressed me the most is how much the feeling/emotion comes through in their acting. I mean, I am reading while watching this and was just devastated by her distress in the pool looking for the necklace despite not knowing the language. Or with the forced kiss...you could feel her terror the first time you watch it.

Edited by bccem99
  • Like 5

Why does DMS and Lei have to “fight” over Shancai’s affections:tears:

Wouldn’t it be great if Shancai, DMS, and Lei could just be in a relationship all together! :D 

*Sigh* I love Shancai with DMS. I love Shancai with Lei...I love DMS with Lei...Those scenes where DMS is in bed with Lei (The birthday cookie/biscuit eating scene and the DMS/Lei sleepover)....I thought they were soooo freaken cute and funny.....the three of them should stop fighting and just get together:lol::P

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

25 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

New to the forum (and the drama) so sorry if this question has been asked. But, can someone tell me if there is any symbolism to why we often see Si's breath?

Also, as an American watching this show, one of the things that has impressed me the most is how much the feeling/emotion comes through in their acting. I mean, I am reading while watching this and was just devastated by her distress in the pool looking for the necklace despite not knowing the language. Or with the forced kiss...you could feel her terror the first time you watch it.

Welcome!!

No symbolism - they filmed this during the winter and due to the outdoor filming and when indoor you cant run heaters due to noise (no central heating in most of Asia - source: I lived there) its always cold for them, hence the breath (you see other people's too not just dms). In an interview the cast said they liked filming in Ximens house the most because that was the only place that was heated (weve only seen it in one scene so far I think, when Ximen comforted Xiaoyu). And in BTS clips you always see them wrapped up in layers of coats and jackets in between scenes :D poor kids :(

And yeah Im with you re:the emotions! Shen Yue is such a good cryer & actress! She doesnt get enough credit!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just watched the fansubbed 31/32

Spoiler

I agree it looks like Lei is doing all this to help get DS/SC back together.. but I don’t get his plan lol. He just seems like he’s getting in the way.  I guess he wants to ignite some kind of realization in them? I’m confused about xiao zi’s intentions too.. I was getting the feeling she was serious about trying to pushing SC further from DS, but then her and Lei came up with that violin plan together. So is it mean to drive them closer or further apart??

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sunnyfly said:

Why does DMS and Lei have to “fight” over Shancai’s affections:tears:

Wouldn’t it be great if Shancai, DMS, and Lei could just be in a relationship all together! :D 

*Sigh* I love Shancai with DMS. I love Shancai with Lei...I love DMS with Lei...Those scenes where DMS is in bed with Lei (The birthday cookie/biscuit eating scene and the DMS/Lei sleepover)....I thought they were soooo freaken cute and funny.....the three of them should stop fighting and just get together:lol::P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I so would love if they resolve it like that. LOL. 

• LOL 1

Rewatching the scene where SC was frantically looking for her necklace. I gotta say, this was her best scene so far. You can really feel and see how anguished she was about the thought of losing her necklace forever. Lei was also quite distressed to see her in that state... while DS was in so much grief about losing SC... worse, losing her to Lei.

SC losing DS (DS=necklace)

Lei realising SC is in love with DS and has zero chance with her

DS thinking he's lost SC

How many times can our hearts break in 5 minutes? :heartbreak:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Spoiler

ok the other day i was talking about real life F4 with big bang..

and i found this

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Saw these new posters. Dylan looks nice.:)

lol when does he not look nice

• LOL 5

I just finished watching 31 and 32 with subs. While watching it, I was totally confused on why everyone was doing what they were doing... Lol. But after thinking about it for a while, I guess I can see the reasons behind their actions. Lei is probably so fed up with these kids fighting all the time, so he wanted to end all this and teach them a lesson for once and all by giving Si a death scare. LOL. And my poor puppy fell in the trap and the best part is that he doesn't even realize that he took the bait. Hahahahaha. I especially liked the last part when he went and declared to Lei that "SHANCAI IS MINE". While he was in the bed, I might add. I was getting antsy that we didn't get any bed scene between them this week,thankfully they gave us one. LOLOL. 

@feliset About Xiao zi, I think she was indeed serious about getting him back. I guess, Lei probably went with her plan because he was sure that neither SC nor Si would have any of it and it might also make her give up on Si. The plan worked both ways. Both Si and Xiao Zi realized that he would never be able to give up on SC. LOL. Lei is absolutely amazing. I still think he has not developed any romantic feelings for SC yet. That's how I would like to believe, I don't want to see  him heartbroken at the end. Sighhh. 

• Like 4

I also just finished watching episodes 31 and 32.

I think Lei is doing those to make the SC and DS realise they're both being unreasonable and childish. Lei has been there, done that with Jing, so he was lecturing SC after work to persevere so she won't have any regrets.

Having said that, yes he's doing these things to push the two together but it doesn't take away the fact that he still loves SC. And it must be so good for him to somehow show his real feelings. Killing two birds in one stone, I think! It must be so tiring to keep hiding his real feelings and it's refreshing to not do that this time around. And he knows DS will certainly rise up to the challenge... and he did.

Lei is such a good manipulator. Deadly quiet, very observant and can read others very well.

I don't know what his smile meant when he was woken up by DS though. Maybe "I knew it!", "Yes! Finally you came to your senses!" or "Sure, let's compete" *smirk*

I also don't understand why he asked SC to turn off her phone for 2 days. To further test DS and SC's resolve? Or for him to have the upper hand against DS? :blink:

• Like 5

Also how beautifully symbolic and meaningful that Lei was the one who found the necklace for her.... The necklace symbolizes DMS/DMS's love for SC. When both of them were ready to throw that love away for stupid reasons all the while being heartbroken about it, Lei comes for the rescue. He doesn't want to find it at first but seeing how  pathetic SC was, he gave in...ahhhhhhh so much feels.I remember liking this scene in J version but the difference is Makino already realized and confessed her love to Tsukasa way before this scene happens unlike here where I believe this is the moment SC truly realizes how deeply she loves him. The k version altered this scene and put it in the memory loss arc. Lol. 

• Like 4

@kokodus Yes!! Lei truly wants SC to be happy and likewise with DS. It doesn't matter that SC only sees him as a friend as long as she's happy. So selfless!

Darren's song, Gentleness Behind the Flower, is really an appropriate song for what he feels towards SC.

I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry for Lei :bawling:

My boy will be sad for all eternity. SC and DS better have a blissful, married life for all the trouble all 3 of them went through!

• Like 2

@enigmatic_zephyomg that Big Bang parody LOL!!!!!! Never seen that before. TOP as DS is hilarious. 

@chocolatetruffles08 I don’t understand why he asks her to shut off her phone either. DS already has his spark back at this point, maybe he wants SC to witness the lengths DS will go to find and get her back?  But then why push her to get on the bus once DS finds SC and confessed to her again. Lei what are you thinking lol.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, feliset said:

@chocolatetruffles08 I don’t understand why he asks her to shut off her phone either. DS already has his spark back at this point, maybe he wants SC to witness the lengths DS will go to find and get her back?  But then why push her to get on the bus once DS finds SC and confessed to her again. Lei what are you thinking lol.

yes! and then when he can tell she's contemplating on getting off the bus he tells her to stop thinking about him because she already made her decision to not stay with him.. I was so confused by this and that's what made me think that maybe Lei honestly wants to be SC this time. I think I will have to wait until this ep comes out so I can actually see the before, during and after versus just what's happening for that minute, it may make more sense once we see the episode in it's entirety.

I was a total SC+Lei fan in the beginning, I have converted to SC+DS for life but I can't help but feel a sadness and an ache for Lei+SC whenever I see him go above and beyond for her.

• Like 1