Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

5 hours ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

So I watched the Lei serenading violin clip and after thinking about Lei and SC I do believe Lei is doing this to egg on DS. You clearly see her go to push Lei away when she possibly sees DS watching threw the window and he tells her not to be in a hurry to push him away etc. that’s not like Lei at all. He would never make her do something she didn’t want to do or force her to keep letting him hug her. I believe he’s doing it purposely so that DS sees and it sparks that fire in him. 

I believe Lei still thinks SC is conflicted with her feelings between the two of them and he’s going all lengths to show SC that he is interested to make her face her feelings and truly pick who she wants to be with to end this back and forth over all. 

Exactly right. Lei is clearly trying to push DS buttons and force him to go back to SC.  I don't think he feels SC is conflicted with her feelings after seeing her breakdown at the fountain? water feature?, but I agree with you that he is determined to make both SC and DS face their true feelings for each other and end the back and forth and recognize that they do have a strong bond with each other and should accept that fact and work together regarding any obstacles in their relationship. 

5 hours ago, rimjayc said:

do lei really loves Sc and wants her for himself ( to provide a calmer more stable relationship) or is he legit messing with Si feelings to wake himup as a bestfriend !!? 

Well Why cant he feel Both ways ?

human feelings are not one dimentional after all 

Excellent point! I agree with you. For me, Lei is the character in this drama who is conflicted. I believe him when he says that he loves SC, and I also believe him when he is obviously trying to get SC and DS together.  DS is his BFF and he doesn't want to lose that relationship, and SC is that girl who understands him best, a true friend, who could be more. He doesn't want to lose her friendship as well so he holds himself back, but then he wants her for himself too.  He has a constant battle with himself, yeah. 

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

And Lei plays with my feelings, seriously, it's ok if he plays with Si and SC's feelings....but he is legit making me go crazy. LOL. 

On a serious note I, I think we can all conclude the violin playing scene is indeed an act to provoke both Si and SC because he just saw SC madly like a crazy woman searching for something that Si gave her. I don't think even after seeing SC like that, he would dare go and pursue her. That is the turning point for him, if he ever had any feelings for SC that is.

I agree. I think when he made his confession to DS on the rooftop that he was in love with SC and he would pursue her, he was doing it partly to egg on DS and partly to see exactly how deep DS feelings really were for SC. I think in his mind he felt he did have a chance with SC if DS truly broke it off for good. His reasoning in this "game" seemed to be that he would push both of DS and SC together, but if it truly didn't work out because of his meddling, then SC was his. I think when he left the rooftop, he felt that there was a small chance for him and SC. Once he saw her breakdown at the pool? water feature? he understood the depth of SC feelings for DS (which she was just realizing herself) and knew that she wasn't going to be able to be anything but a friend to him.  

12 hours ago, sunnyfly said:

Is there anywhere I can watch episode 31 and 32 with English subs? Does no one else sub it on other sites? It’s driving me up the wall that there are 32 episodes but Netflix only has 30=(

Sorry if this was asked before and answered but I went back a couple pages and didn’t find anything....

Netflix has the worldwide exclusive rights to this drama, so all the subs that are used by " other sites" are actually the Netflix subs. No one else is subbing it.  That being said, Philippines. Indonesia, and Thailand  the liscense for this drama is with other networks so if you live in those countries you may be able to find other subs. 

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ahhh so we are talking about kisses now. I'm actually quite happy with the kisses here maybe because I was not expecting much. Lol. Seriously though they were all pretty natural, because clearly, as we have discussed before, this might be their first ever serious relationship and they might be each other's first kisses. Atleast for SC, it's true. LOL. I really liked the meteor shower kiss in 23, it was really sweet and you can see some movement at least from Si's side while SC remained closed mouth. While it's justified there because she was still unsure back then, so yeah... And the tie kiss scene in 26 was also very cute and swoony, mainly because of the fact that SC was the one who initiated it. EEEEEEEEE. These two makes my heart flutters. Passionate kisses are awesome but sometimes I like the sweet kind. Atleast, they were not awkward like in Korean dramas. 

@rockee19 welcome to this thread!!!! Love when people unlurk and join us in the spazzing. Hehe. This drama clearly deserves more love. Agree with everything you said and I dare not open that link, i'm trying to avoid spoilers here. Strictly speaking I shouldn't even come here, but I can't help join in the discussion and folks here have been very kind to post any major spoiler under that spoiler box. 

I'm liking the sweet kisses here in this drama too. Although I have to admit I like some more than others. The "tie kiss" in Ep. 26 was nice. The birthday kiss in ep 19/20- not so much for me as SC was just standing there like a block of wood, and she didn't kiss back. 

At least they are real kisses with actual lips touching-so bring it on some more!

11 hours ago, feliset said:

my thoughts exactly lol. So happy I made an account.. I don't have a single friend watching.

To make a spoiler cut, you highlight the text and then click the little eye icon on the top right of the text box. I wouldn't count a link as a spoiler though, that's a cut in itself. :) Only those who seek spoilers (me!!!) will click through.

@Table122000 Ok yea that kiss though, hahahaa. Now I'm conflicted because like @kokodus mentioned, I guess there is something really sweet about their newb kisses. I think what I want is something between the 2001 make outs and the closed lip presses, LOL.

But yes, the necklace kiss and the tie kiss were pretty good. DS looked so good in necklace kiss closeup. :love:

I understand where you are coming from! We're not asking for full on french kissing with tongues, but it would be nice to see a bit more than just a quick press of lips.  Regarding TW 2001 version, I have seen it said in more than 1 review that TW 2001 version is the only version of this story where people felt that there was actual sexual attraction between the leads, that they understood why SC would date DS-because she desired him. (And vice versa) You can definitely feel the heat  between those 2, so kudos to Barbie & Jerry!

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

raw 31 and 32 are exactly the same except for 10 minutes video at beginning of 31 and 10 minutes of video at end of episode 32??

are they trying to milk the cash cow and therefore increase episode count by doing this ludicrous thing.. or producers made it like that..but WHY?

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I did read on another website that there was a problem with the video files, so maybe that's what is going on. 

6 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hey can someone one confirm me whether Caina is gone for good or not by 30th ep??? She and Terrace guy got together? Finally??? Why is no one celebrating that? LOL. Or did I miss anything? Is she still around??? Dangit!

@enigmatic_zephyLei and Si FF sounds good, though I'm not much of a BL person. But the bromance here is real! LOL. 

Yes, Caina story is completed in Ep. 30. She and Terence get back together and then they both leave for the USA. So, Happy ending for them! I think people didn't talk about it because her character & storyline weren't really liked by the fandom, so no one cared how it ended. I was glad that she got a happy ending, but sad for poor Meizou.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rimjayc said:

So we can give him an episode or two of pure sadness and reflection sush as the one we are watching right now 

lets not forget SHE brokeup with him ! Brokehis heart and ego by telling him he was never really releable to her 

THATS NOT EASY TO TAKE  especialy from the love of your life lol

(i mean even when he sais he is done , dont want to see her and dont wanna go get her from the village HE STILL WATCHED HER SNS really close and didnt miss any update he could have)

and yeah ... didnt take him long to comeback as strong as ever following the few spoilers out lol

You make a good point.  DS has been through a lot, and it's not like SC gave him strong emotional support or certainty, so I can see how he would get depressed and give up. Luckily for us, it doesn't last too long.

4 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

Hey everyone, let me just start off that I had to create a new account just so I can join in. My old one is so teenybopperish, it makes me shiver (registered in 2006)!

I am a die hard Rui/Lei/Jihoo supporter. It doesn't matter which actor plays this role because I will only have eyes for him. :wub:

Having said that, I HATED how dead Lei looked in the initial episodes. It pissed me the hell off and I couldn't stop comparing him from Lei 2001 and Jihoo. I mean, those guys showed far more emotion than the current Lei! I'm trying to figure out when Lei really fell for SC because just like in MG 2001, I cannot pinpoint when! There were so many missed opportunities when the writers could have explored this angle... when SC fell during DS's party, Lei was just standing there :angry:! When SC walked in on DS and XZ, WTF (seriously WTF!!!) was that "there, there *pat pat*" by Lei???? Not even a hug?! Ugh makes me so angry thinking about it!

Speaking of kisses... excuse me, my boy actually kissed SC a bit more properly (albeit, still subdued) during the beach scene. He parted his lips ever so slightly and that's so much better than the rest of the kisses in this drama, so far. Watch it again :D

I wish the writers could have given us a bit more to convince that Lei's feelings are authentic. That he's not doing what he's doing to prove a point to DS. I do think Lei  genuinely loves SC but he's had enough of their immaturity. After all, he's backed off from pursuing SC, and yet these 2 can't seem to stay together for more than a couple of days! He's probably like, "what's the point of backing off?" his sacrifice is so useless seeing DS and SC fight all the time. This is what *I* would feel if I were him and it would genuinely annoy the hell out of me.

My poor Lei... he will never have a happy ending for the rest of eternity.

You have a good point there. 

4 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

^ that's always been Rui's/Jihoo's/Lei's back story though. Although, in the manga, it stated that it was his father's strictness that caused him to be "autistic". I'm not sure what they know about "autism" in 1992 (when the manga was written) but maybe Rui should have been aptly described as someone with a social impairment instead of being on the spectrum because it's myth that people with autism are unable to show emotions. Maybe Asperger's or Alexithymia?

Anyway... I digress. :)

3 hours ago, rimjayc said:

Im not trying to put any diagnostic on lei/rui/jihoos behaviors as achild or adult here tbh 

im just saying that in this version they made it clear ! And pointed at it for the public 

So darren mush have embodied the roll as sush ? ( making him emotionless in alot of scenes) 

in the korean version they never say jihoo is anything really just that after losing  both of his parents in a chocking way at a really young age  (and his grandpa leaving too)

he felt guilt and strong trauma which made him that way 

rui has always been that way too 

i dont remember if its traumatic or not i gotta Reread the very first chapters too

but i agree that in 1992 it wasnt easy to callout « autisme » or people in the spectrum in generale 

To be honest, I much prefer it when the writers do not give the Lei character any medical diagnosis or label.  It's enough to just say that he is normally quiet and withdrawn. People can be that way without having a mental illness. When it's portrayed as more "this is just his personality" then I find it more believable that he "comes out of his shell" after interacting with Jing and the F4, and then later with Shan Cai. Plus, it takes a lot of research and skill by both writers and actors to properly portray people that do have these conditions, and I don't think a fantasy idol drama really does that justice, frankly. 

• Like 6

Real life F4

I am watching Big bang's variety show videos.. and this is totally real life F4.. 

no other singer friends, just busy amongst themselves.. all rich and very strong personalities, yet don't clash.. and i think we have our DS and SC in taeyang and min hyo rin :P ..  i mean literally, T's first crush/love/wife.. he is the passionate one.. and in some interview they say, when MHR and T fight then its a sad day for all because T is in a bad mood :)

and icing on the cake, GD was the one who brought them together .. lol .. the one who excels at making music in the group..

talk about height of similarity

• LOL 2

SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANNA HAVE IMAGERIES OF WHATS COMING :warning:

Spoiler

i wish we had clearer videos but we can see them really happy and VERY MUSH back together in those two videos .

and i feel so happy and warm inside TT

im so glad they can have some quality couple time at least in london arc befor richard simmons happens again ;; 

AND THAT BED SCENE WHERE THEY BOTH LOOK SO CUDDLY and for once sc is not trying to be 2km far away from him 

YOU DID IT SI !!!! :,)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

He has the asian curse lol

I wonder if they really had him drink? If it was makeup, thats some impressive makeup!

I was wondering that too. It sure looked real haha. I didn't think the asian flush would be something they'd purposely go out of their way to recreate with make-up since not everyone gets it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

To be honest, I much prefer it when the writers do not give the Lei character any medical diagnosis or label.  It's enough to just say that he is normally quiet and withdrawn. People can be that way without having a mental illness. When it's portrayed as more "this is just his personality" then I find it more believable that he "comes out of his shell" after interacting with Jing and the F4, and then later with Shan Cai. Plus, it takes a lot of research and skill by both writers and actors to properly portray people that do have these conditions, and I don't think a fantasy idol drama really does that justice, frankly. 

This.

I wish they hadn't labelled his character as having autism. Why couldn't he just be an introvert? Someone who just loves to sleep? Or just DGAF :lol: 

But it is what it is...

1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

I wonder if they really had him drink? If it was makeup, thats some impressive makeup!

Lots of blush! :D 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Real life F4

I am watching Big bang's variety show videos.. and this is totally real life F4.. 

no other singer friends, just busy amongst themselves.. all rich and very strong personalities, yet don't clash.. and i think we have our DS and SC in taeyang and min hyo rin :P ..  i mean literally, T's first crush/love/wife.. he is the passionate one.. and in some interview they say, when MHR and T fight then its a sad day for all because T is in a bad mood :)

and icing on the cake, GD was the one who brought them together .. lol .. the one who excels at making music in the group..

talk about height of similarity

Really? Omg. LOL. I could see Taeyang have a sort of DMS personality. Awww....GD. 

2 hours ago, rimjayc said:

Reveal hidden contents

i wish we had clearer videos but we can see them really happy and VERY MUSH back together in those two videos .

im so glad they can have some quality couple time at least in london arc befor richard simmons happens again ;; 

AND THAT BED SCENE WHERE THEY BOTH LOOK SO CUDDLY and for once sc is not trying to be 2km far away from him 

I saw these spoiler vids on FB today. I can't believe they already have a MV/Karaoke sing-along of this drama. Producers/Angie Chai be like: "Gotta strike while the iron is hot!" True! Most of it is DMS and SC upcoming lovely scenes, so I'm not complaining. :love::lol:

42 minutes ago, feliset said:

I was wondering that too. It sure looked real haha. I didn't think the asian flush would be something they'd purposely go out of their way to recreate with make-up since not everyone gets it.

I thought so too! It's probably good makeup, or he drank a few sips of real alcohol that turned his face so red, or he had too much laugh that day. Dylan had a good laugh with this scene too with his weibo post. Gotta love his sense of humor. :sweat_smile:

@Table122000 That’s right! Taiwanese dramas don’t shy away from intense scenes (i.e. MG2001, Devil Beside You, Why Why Love, It Started With A Kiss).

@feliset I’m a spoiler magnet/seeker too! Lol. I have a Chinese friend who’s seen a little bit of MG2018, but she doesn’t share the same excitement/interest as I do. It’s too bad though, her quick translations would have come in handy. Me: “What is DMS and SC arguing about now???” My friend: *thinks to herself* “Crazy girl.” Lol. Thanks for the spoiler cut tip! :)

@lan_lan You make a good point! DMS’s jealous and possessive nature may be the reason why he decided to go after SC. You can’t help but still love him though. Lei is sweet and such a good friend to sacrifice his time and energy for these two stubborn souls. But I guess they're trying to show that love is complicated, crazy, and confusing especially for the young ones (DMS, SC, Lei, Meizuo, etc). One moment DMS and SC like each other, the next moment they're bickering/breaking up. The writers/directors better give Lei a happy ending he deserves (either with Jing or another girl). 

@kokodus I loved Queen In Hyun’s Man, but I can’t remember that necktie scene. I’ll never view neckties the same way again.:lol: I like your domain pic too. The goofy cookie pics and the face drawing with SC and DMS are one of my favorite scenes (lucky for us, there's more to come!:blush:). I’m glad DMS wears his hair down in the later half of this drama. It suits his face more. The show seems to be getting a lot of love from international fans compared to Chinese fans. I guess I’m picky with the shows in my country too. Dylan was either lying about Shen Yue being his first kiss (on or off-screen), or he’s been practicing. Also, his non-aggressive take on that eps 33-34? kiss scene shows he respects Shen Yue (who doesn’t seem comfortable with such intimate scenes). I wouldn’t browse through YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter (almost all social media sites you can think of, actually) if I were Shen Yue. DyShen/CaiSi sweet moments are everywhere. Sign me up for that DMS and SC’s happily bickering dorkable post-marriage life. Dry painting together and all! LOL. Perhaps in a movie like the one in HYD? Angie Chai, are you reading this? Pretty please? Pineapple on top! Just to fully satisfy our MG hearts. :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockee19 said:

@lan_lan You make a good point! DMS’s jealous and possessive nature may be the reason why he decided to go after SC. You can’t help but still love him though. Lei is sweet and such a good friend to sacrifice his time and energy for these two stubborn souls. But I guess they're trying to show that love is complicated, crazy, and confusing especially for the young ones (DMS, SC, Lei, Meizuo, etc). One moment DMS and SC like each other, the next moment they're bickering/breaking up. The writers/directors better give Lei a happy ending he deserves (either with Jing or another girl). 

Yes please! Give the boy a happy ending for once! He's such a nice guy to be forever alone! My heart breaks for him :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

This.

I wish they hadn't labelled his character as having autism. Why couldn't he just be an introvert? Someone who just loves to sleep? Or just DGAF :lol: 

But it is what it is...

Yes-it would have been much better if there was no autism explanation. Making him just have an introverted personality would be   

much more believable. I just ignore the autism part and think of Lei as just a quiet, introvert personality.

I guess they're trying to show that love is complicated, crazy, and confusing especially for the young ones (DMS, SC, Lei, Meizuo, etc). One moment DMS and SC like each other, the next moment they're bickering/breaking up. The writers/directors better give Lei a happy ending he deserves (either with Jing or another girl). 

Yeah, young love is like that. It's been a long time since my own high school days, but the behavior rings true- people suddendly a couple and then just as suddenly breaking up. And for Lei-YES! Writers PLEASE give him his own happy ending!!! Don't leave him alone & lonely!

I loved Queen In Hyun’s Man, but I can’t remember that necktie scene. I’ll never view neckties the same way again.

Here's a link to that scene. They start talking about neckties around the 2:00 minute mark. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5WGO0gn0-8

Another drama I saw where they talked about neckties is 1% of Anything (2003).  Da Hyun's student tells her if you give a boy a necktie it means you want to tie them to you. "You're mine"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys! Long-time lurker here too ^_^

12 hours ago, marielou92 said:

THIS! I was also disappointed at Daomingsi for being like that. I mean he already declared to her that he will chase her anywhere but it was opposite of what happened when he didn’t even follow her at the fishing village and he even pushed Shancai away even though she already told her the reasons why she did what she had to do.. I can’t believe that Daomingsi is that angry more than Shancai, when in fact it is Shancai who has the right to get angrier more than him.

I would’ve understand if Shancai lied & didn’t tell him that its his mother that is at fault, but he knows & he even knows what his mother is capable of

The problem with Daomingsi is consistency. He keeps on declaring/promising Shancai but when situation gets hard, he also gives in. like when he started dating his fiance, him not chasing Shancai at the fishing village, lets not forget the future london arc where he will be cold & stoic again to Shancai <_< 

You know at least with Shancai, she’s honest and clear in telling Daomingsi that she is confuse & not ready.  that’s why Daomingsi knows what he is getting and that’s the reason for her push & pull.

Btw, I didn’t like that they didn’t make Daomingsi followed Shancai at fishing village in this version, because in Korean & Japanese versions (I don’t remember what happened in Taiwanese), Tsukasa/Jun Pyo followed Makino/Jandi in the fishing village

Anyway, I’ll love Daomingsi again in ep. 32 so imma wait :D

What I'm confused about too is that in this version SC especially expressed the reason she was ending things with DMS (DMF blackmail) before saying all the hurtful stuff to DMS. So DMS must know, even if on a sub-conscious level, that SC is driven by desperation to help her friends, not truly because she hates him. It definitely feels like he's being especially harsh on her because he feels guilty for having put her through all of this, but if DMS really meant what he said about fighting for their relationship he knows that it all comes back to his mom. It feels a bit weird that he knows what his mom did to SC's friend and to SC and he hasn't confronted his mom at all about the role she played in their break-up.

I know the writers are probably saving that ultimate showdown for later on in the show but up until now it hasn't seemed like DMS has stood up to his mom at all (aside from leaving his bday party with SC). It's just been SC dealing with her alone! I guess it will make for more impact when he finally does confront her and stand up for their relationship. And maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him given his mom is an ultimate intimidating person :sweatingbullets: I think it goes to show that they both have more development to do before they become 100% committed to each other.

I'm also a bit annoyed after watching the raws for 31-32

Spoiler

DMS basically decides that he's going to take back SC from Lei after the graduation violin performance because he doesn't want anyone else to have her. To me that doesn't show the character growth that I was expecting at this point. I was hoping to see some galvanizing factor where DMS decides that he's going to get to the root of the problem, not because of the whole "I'm taking what's mine" mentality that he's had since the childhood toy incident. And what about all the stuff SC said about not seeing him as a man? The mindset shift seemed abrupt to me.

Edited by lulu2018
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 It was you who talked about It started with a kiss and They kissed again, right??? I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your post. You have no idea how much I love that show. It's not the Chinese version, it's the Taiwanese one. Zhi shu used to be my crush for so long. LOL. And yes I love love the second season more because they really showed how marriage is not the HEA and the real struggle happens only after it. There were WAYYYYY too many cute and sweet kisses. That drama really goes down the history of dramaland as the sweetest love story ever made. LOL. Ohhh now I wish we see Si and SC post-marriage. I want to see how their day to day life will be like. I at least need a fanfiction. LOL

@kokodus yes yes yes!! They Kissed Again is definitely one for the books and yes, I also had a crush on Zhi Shu for the longest time!! He was just so freakin' dreamy in that one and he was just an amazing husband in that one. The way he cared for her in all his secret little ways...ugh! That drama is just pure magic for me. I have watched it a million times! Yes, I really really really wish we can see Si and SC post marriage. I don't care if it's not part of the manga, I just want to see it! LOL

16 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hey can someone one confirm me whether Caina is gone for good or not by 30th ep??? She and Terrace guy got together? Finally??? Why is no one celebrating that? LOL. Or did I miss anything? Is she still around??? Dangit!

@enigmatic_zephyLei and Si FF sounds good, though I'm not much of a BL person. But the bromance here is real! LOL. 

@kokodus Caina stays until ep 31 unfortunately but I think we don't see much of her after that because she and Terrance pretty much end up together. Meizuo is all whiny about it though but I'm glad we can just go back to our main couple.

7 hours ago, rimjayc said:

Hide contents

@rimjayc thank you for sharing these! I love all their sweet times together especially in the coming episodes. They just look so good together and when they are laughing and being all lovey-dovey, it seems so real. I'm definitely drinking the Kool-Aid. :love:

5 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

@insertusernamehere I wondered the same! I doubt they made him drink alcohol for real but if it was makeup, it looked pretty legit. That's how red I get when I drink so I know!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lulu2018 said:

Hi guys! Long-time lurker here too ^_^

What I'm confused about too is that in this version SC especially expressed the reason she was ending things with DMS (DMF blackmail) before saying all the hurtful stuff to DMS. So DMS must know, even if on a sub-conscious level, that SC is driven by desperation to help her friends, not truly because she hates him. It definitely feels like he's being especially harsh on her because he feels guilty for having put her through all of this, but if DMS really meant what he said about fighting for their relationship he knows that it all comes back to his mom. It feels a bit weird that he knows what his mom did to SC's friend and to SC and he hasn't confronted his mom at all about the role she played in their break-up.

I know the writers are probably saving that ultimate showdown for later on in the show but up until now it hasn't seemed like DMS has stood up to his mom at all (aside from leaving his bday party with SC). It's just been SC dealing with her alone! I guess it will make for more impact when he finally does confront her and stand up for their relationship. And maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him given his mom is an ultimate intimidating person :sweatingbullets: I think it goes to show that they both have more development to do before they become 100% committed to each other.

I'm also a bit annoyed after watching the raws for 31-32

Hide contents

DMS basically decides that he's going to take back SC from Lei after the graduation violin performance because he doesn't want anyone else to have her. To me that doesn't show the character growth that I was expecting at this point. I was hoping to see some galvanizing factor where DMS decides that he's going to get to the root of the problem, not because of the whole "I'm taking what's mine" mentality that he's had since the childhood toy incident. And what about all the stuff SC said about not seeing him as a man? The mindset shift seemed abrupt to me.

Yeah, they should've shown us the scene where Daomingsi confronted his mom about what she did to Shancai's friends because he knows that it was the cause of their breakup, so its a major factor why he had to confront his mom.. Although, there is one time when he did confront his mom, when he said that Shancai is the only girl he likes and will consider marrying, then he said he wished he was not her son. 

But its true tho, that all major fights were done by Shancai, Ah Si always have to go along with his mom orders or he just put their problems with his mom on the back burner.. I would love to see Daomingsi stand up more for their relationship, unfortunately in the London arc, he will again have to obey his mom :sweatingbullets:

"DMS basically decides that he's going to take back SC from Lei after the graduation violin performance because he doesn't want anyone else to have her. To me that doesn't show the character growth that I was expecting at this point. I was hoping to see some galvanizing factor where DMS decides that he's going to get to the root of the problem, not because of the whole "I'm taking what's mine" mentality that he's had since the childhood toy incident. "   THIS THO IS SO RIGHT, I have no words to express anymore  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

It is weird for Si to suddenly change his mind after the violin confession from Lei, but I need to watch with subs before fully deciding what went wrong. But from the translations I saw, that scene SC comes and talks with F4 like nothing ever happened and even playfully hits Si on the back, I guess after that he said something like " I would've gone after her if she showed even little that she likes me" or something like that. Basically what made him so angry was when she said she didn't see him as a man outside of his Daoming family and all that. According to him, if she truly loved him for what he his, she would have let him fight for their relationship instead of deciding on her own and packing her bags to leave him. I'm as mad at SC as I'm with Si, tbh. I can see where both of them are coming from. And it doesn't seem very weird to me that he would go after her again. It's in character so much actually. Lol. 

• Like 6

Hey hey! Have been lurking all week, decided to join in, digging the convo :lol: 

So annoyed at Netflix this week! You can't just leave it at that, the saddness :bawling::bawling:

• Like 1

Hello!

I have also been lurking but decided to join the squeeing! 

I’m liking this new version. Lei and DMS are such eye candies! I thought Darren emotes really well in the emotional scenes.. his tenderness really comes through. 

I wish there could be more depth to the kisses between DMS and SC though. Like it would be nice for Dylan to portray trying to restrain his passion for SC during their kisses because he doesn’t want to scare SC off. 

Now the kisses mostly come across as very innocent which I feel does not match what we know about DMS character and his feelings for SC. 

• Like 6

I have been lurking on this thread for the entire week. Couldn’t stand how the show left off this week. I had to re-watch earlier episodes to “recover” and get on with life.  

• Like 5