Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

46 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't think DS can or could function without SC.. she is the only girl he actually ever liked..

DS reaction would have been the opposite.. he would have distanced himself from f4 and this life overall.. he would have gone away because it is impossible for him to see SC romantically involved with someone else..

Ho yeah i agree with that too xD ( as two sided as i may sound) 

We can even say that at some point DS is almost codependent when it comes to his girl 

i mean he stops enjoying everything in life really 

dont even meet his closest people 

and as he said lost all kind of feelings and just feels pain and emptiness ( the boy dont even wanna eat at home lol)

but we all agree that his passion growsup with time .. he passed a bunch of lvls when it comes to love ( from comfusion , who the hell is this cute short girl i cant stop thinking about to HellICAntLiveWithOutYOu ) 

yet his relationship with lei or the f4 is always in his mind (priorities) 

even in this version .. for exemple even after ley comeback from paris and there is that arc with  all the fighting and him begging sc to tell him he is the one she likes the most ect 

once they started playing cards , AND WE ALL KNOW he was winning ! Yet he let it all go by the end ( not wanting lei nor sc to be hurt ect ) and somehow a part of him forgiving/accepting them too ? 

( he even takes a plane right to london to change his mind and let them be )

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

. I feel SC and DS have such a turbulent confusing but amazing relationship. I ship them more than any TV couple. Idk how I'm going to feel when this is all done and over with. Re-runs for months lol.

IKR :relieved:

those two always feel like a huricane

beautiful yet devastating 

they are perfectly imperfect somehow ! 

its one of the rare couples i just cant get enough off ! As many versions as i watch 

makinoxdomiyoji are always number 1 otp

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

Ho yeah i agree with that too xD ( as two sided as i may sound) 

We can even say that at some point DS is almost codependent when it comes to his girl 

i mean he stops enjoying everything in life really 

dont even meet his closest people 

and as he said lost all kind of feelings and just feels pain and emptiness ( the boy dont even wanna eat at home lol)

but we all agree that his passion growsup with time .. he passed a bunch of lvls when it comes to love ( from comfusion , who the hell is this cute short girl i cant stop thinking about to HellICAntLiveWithOutYOu ) 

yet his relationship with lei or the f4 is always in his mind (priorities) 

even in this version .. for exemple even after ley comeback from paris and there is that arc with  all the fighting and him begging sc to tell him he is the one she likes the most ect 

once they started playing cards , AND WE ALL KNOW he was winning ! Yet he let it all go by the end ( not wanting lei nor sc to be hurt ect ) and somehow a part of him forgiving/accepting them too ? 

( he even takes a plane right to london to change his mind and let them be )

hehe.. during that bridge game he was manipulated by all 3 F4s so well..

Lei purposely held SC's hands to rile him up

and decisive was the other guy telling DS that if Lei and SC lose the game, they can always meet Lei at home.. but where will they see SC :P

it was so funny and after this DS gave up the game

• Like 3

I keep replaying the scene where Si broke down crying bc if his breakup and that just breaks my heart. When he thinks he is fine and he keeps drinking alcohol, and then he breaks down and cried :(!!

• Sad 6

I watched 32 raw last night. So what do you guys think made Si decide that he should go after SC again??? Lei's violin playing confession??? I still would like to believe that the reason why Lei did that was to provoke Si. Sigh. I think I'm doomed. LOL. @feliset Thanks for sharing those snippets from the manga. It was nice seeing SC acknowledge that Si is the only one for her. Hehe. My heart is filled completely and it almost makes me want to read the manga. 

I think I just have to accept the fact that Lei is in love with SC in this version as well. And somehow I can understand why he would be mad at Si for not protecting SC properly. It's really hard to read Lei so I'm going to take whatever he says out loud as true. Meh. 

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

oh.. you got me thinking.. will have to check again if its after she cut her hair

lol.. only thing i get from this is.. SC is a PhD in playing hard.. she lets boys kiss her and then claim she has no feelings whatsoever.. and which she probably truly doesn't..

people who want to learn how to play hard to get.. lol contact SC

Serious note, yes you are right about her starting to depend on and DS becoming important ( but i do wonder if it was because Lei had left and she basically had lost her comrade with whom she discussed things and DS was there for her in her embarassing moments.. and that standing in rain did make her realize that DS is a very sincere person)

on whether SC could be won by Lei or not.. hmm.. guess we will have to agree to disagree here..  while i do somewhat get how you view things.. to me it will always be the case where she moved on because she realized she couldn't have what she wanted.. and if she lets another man kiss her (knowing how frivolous it is) while letting another man kiss her (that's shows disregard for the man who kissed her first)..

BTW, help me here.. when did she allow DS to kiss her before Lei's kiss - in the bedroom is it when they go on that vacation?

Nah!!!.. I love DS too.. and frankly SC would be irritating girlfriend to anyone but to DS (only because he is such a sweetheart and madly in love with her)...

and like i said, i just ship lei with lei himself.. like just make him happy

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

hehe.. during that bridge game he was manipulated by all 3 F4s so well..

Lei purposely held SC's hands to rile him up

and decisive was the other guy telling DS that if Lei and SC lose the game, they can always meet Lei at home.. but where will they see SC :P

it was so funny and after this DS gave up the game

I can't believe you are not even giving credit for Si for doing such a selfless thing, it's not everyday he does something like that. LOL. He is not Lei, whose middle name is Sacrifice. Hahaha. Seriously though, it was huge enough for him to even get manipulated into giving up. We can all agree that he has a bird's brain and can't think through stuff properly, thank God he has good friends in F3 who makes him understand what is good and bad. 

@rosierosie Same!!!! The crying scene was way more heartwrenching than I ever expected it to be. Did you notice how red he was from all the crying?? It was like someone slapped him 100 times. LOL. 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2018 at 5:24 PM, lan_lan said:

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Reveal hidden contents

SC: I'm not prepared yet...

MS: If I give you time to prepare, you'll surely run away

SC(to herself): He's figured me out

MS: You really have no idea... that this expression of yours...makes me the most sensitive. (t/n: that's a direct trans, but in other words, it turns him on haha)

Then after the kiss, DMS being DMS killed the mood for a girl...<_<

MS: Shancai, you're too short.  I have to bend all the way down like this

SC: Who asked you to do this everytime?

MS: Why don't you lift your head up higher... so that I can also hug you?

SC: I'm so nervous I could die... how can I still think about that?

MS: What do you have to be nervous about?  Not even just a little bit...(ref. to cooperating for a better kissing position).  Be more confident for me.

Reveal hidden contents

The start of the arc when he called the police on her because he couldn't find her for a whole day lmao.

Reveal hidden contents

by the way.. thank you for these translations. I love your interpretation of the kiss dialogue way more than what I've seen on the subbed previews haha. :love:

On that note, what's up with the G-rated kisses on this show? I don't watch a lot of asian dramas so I have no idea if this closed mouth lip pressing is standard or what. Sometimes they don't even look like they're getting eachother's lips straight on, it drives me nuts. The latest preview is a slight improvement on DS' part so I'm hoping they're just trying to show a progression as they get more comfortable with eachother. I couldn't help but laugh when on that beach party scene, they cut to other couples kissing and they all just literally looked like they were just cheek to cheek.  The slow motion closing in on the kiss from 3 different angles is a bit awkward too lol.

• Like 1

Hi guys! I've been following your MG posts and thought I'd chime in (if you don't mind) on your funny, thoughtful conversations about this cRaZy, addicting drama. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I watched 32 raw last night. So what do you guys think made Si decide that he should go after SC again??? Lei's violin playing confession??? I still would like to believe that the reason why Lei did that was to provoke Si. Sigh. I think I'm doomed. LOL. 

I'm also wondering what made DMS change his mind. Maybe it is Lei's violin confession. But it doesn't seem to have that much impact to me. I hope it's something else convincing that really pushed DMS to fight for his girl. It's been a long time since I've watched MG2001 and BOF, so I can't remember the details. Maybe Ms. Yu (who reminds me so much of the MG2001 Ms. Yu) knocked some sense into DMS by telling him what SC confessed to her when they last met.

I also think Lei did and said those things to help SC and DMS get back together. I never got the feeling from Lei that he truly likes SC. Even if he does, in this version of MG, it's not as strong as DMS's love for SC. The chemistry I see between SC and Lei is only friendship. Lei doesn't seem the type of friend to break the bro code. It ain't cool.

And you're not alone. I'm doomed too. This version has taken over my life just like MG2001. Hahahaha. Dylan and Shen Yue are so adorkable! Their chemistry is truly undeniable. I just found out today that F4 and Shen Yue are having another show. I can't tell for sure if it's a live variety show or musical drama. And have you guys seen what happens after the police interrupts SC and DMS's sweet moment? It's too cute for words. Waiting for next week's episode is a torture after seeing those spoiler clips. Click at your own sanity. Lol :)

https://www.instagram.com/dylanwangchina/

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, feliset said:

by the way.. thank you for these translations. I love your interpretation of the kiss dialogue way more than what I've seen on the subbed previews haha. :love:

On that note, what's up with the G-rated kisses on this show? I don't watch a lot of asian dramas so I have no idea if this closed mouth lip pressing is standard or what. Sometimes they don't even look like they're getting eachother's lips straight on, it drives me nuts. The latest preview is a slight improvement on DS' part so I'm hoping they're just trying to show a progression as they get more comfortable with eachother. I couldn't help but laugh when on that beach party scene, they cut to other couples kissing and they all just literally looked like they were just cheek to cheek.  The slow motion closing in on the kiss from 3 different angles is a bit awkward too lol.

Yup. The kisses are awkward in this drama. But, as most of us have seen, it will get better. Hahahaha. DMS and SC's kisses are innocent, but still cute and makes you go :love: . I think they're much toned down compared to MG2001's DMS & SC kisses because of China's conservative censorship (perhaps one of the reasons why MG2001 was banned in China for awhile). Also, the actors are newbies (especially Shen Yue, who seems very shy when it comes to these things). In one of her interviews, she said that she prefers her tamed, shy A Love So Beautiful character compared to SC and any of her other roles. I don't mind the awkward kisses between DMS and SC. Their chemistry is still strong. What I do mind is Caina and Terrance's awkward father-and-daughter-like kisses. Thank god for the skip button. LOL. Poor Meizuo. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, feliset said:

Regarding the kissing: G Rated kisses are totally the norm in Chinese dramas, and in many other Asian dramas as well.  Chaste kisses are very standard. Actually in many "youth dramas" there are no kisses at all, so Meteor Garden 2018 is actually one of the better Chinese youth dramas because we are getting lots of kisses with actual lip on lip touching. The kisses are pretty natural for the most part here  in this drama with both leads relaxed and both male and female leads are participating in the kiss scenes. Believe me when I say I have seen much worse kiss scenes  in my years of watching dramas.  So, I feel your pain! You are not the only one to be disappointed with the lousy drama kisses-it is one of the biggest complaints by Asian drama fans. 

Thankfully, the Asian drama kissing scenes have been getting better in recent years and there are dramas with great love scenes out there. Historically, Taiwan has always had good love scenes in its dramas, and is known for them in comparison to other countries. The original Taiwan Meteor Garden 2001 has really good kissing scenes where Shan Cai & Si share several passionate kisses.  Here's the MG 2001 kiss scene where Shan Cai & Si are looking at the meteor shower:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@feliset You’re so welcome!  It’s my pleasure to provide you pleasure haha.  I’ve translated it as close to the original subs as possible and those were very accurate to the actual Chinese dialogue. 

About why Si decided to go after SC I think it’s as simple as his possessive nature got triggered by Lei again. Just like at the beginning when Lei kissed SC, and when he was remembering about the Spider-Man toy. During the whole violin scene, with everyone buzzing about Lei making a declaration to SC with that display, Si was so jealous with that death grip on the window bar. He wanted to respect her decision but his nature took over and he couldn’t handle the thought of her being with someone else. The ending scene summed it all up when he went to Lei and declared “Shancai is mine”

• Like 4

Is there anywhere I can watch episode 31 and 32 with English subs? Does no one else sub it on other sites? It’s driving me up the wall that there are 32 episodes but Netflix only has 30=(

Sorry if this was asked before and answered but I went back a couple pages and didn’t find anything....

Ahhh so we are talking about kisses now. I'm actually quite happy with the kisses here maybe because I was not expecting much. Lol. Seriously though they were all pretty natural, because clearly, as we have discussed before, this might be their first ever serious relationship and they might be each other's first kisses. Atleast for SC, it's true. LOL. I really liked the meteor shower kiss in 23, it was really sweet and you can see some movement at least from Si's side while SC remained closed mouth. While it's justified there because she was still unsure back then, so yeah... And the tie kiss scene in 26 was also very cute and swoony, mainly because of the fact that SC was the one who initiated it. EEEEEEEEE. These two makes my heart flutters. Passionate kisses are awesome but sometimes I like the sweet kind. Atleast, they were not awkward like in Korean dramas. 

@rockee19 welcome to this thread!!!! Love when people unlurk and join us in the spazzing. Hehe. This drama clearly deserves more love. Agree with everything you said and I dare not open that link, i'm trying to avoid spoilers here. Strictly speaking I shouldn't even come here, but I can't help join in the discussion and folks here have been very kind to post any major spoiler under that spoiler box. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, sunnyfly said:

Is there anywhere I can watch episode 31 and 32 with English subs? Does no one else sub it on other sites? It’s driving me up the wall that there are 32 episodes but Netflix only has 30=(

Sorry if this was asked before and answered but I went back a couple pages and didn’t find anything....

Sorry, but I've only seen the raw episodes for 31-32. I feel your pain. Netflix is trolling us with the incomplete episodes. You feel like DMS going crazy:love::open_mouth: :weary: :bawling: :sweat_smile: I just get updates and watch short subbed clips from these sites:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MeteorGardenRebootOfficialPage/photos/?ref=page_internal

https://twitter.com/wanghediarchive

https://www.instagram.com/dylanwangchina/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ahhh so we are talking about kisses now. I'm actually quite happy with the kisses here maybe because I was not expecting much. Lol. Seriously though they were all pretty natural, I'm because clearly as we have discussed before this might be their first ever relationship and they might be each other's first kisses. Atleast for SC, it's true. LOL. I really liked the meteor shower kiss in 23, it was really sweet and you can see some movement at least from Si's side while SC remained closed mouth. While it's justified there because she was still unsure back then, so yeah... And the tie kiss scene in 26 was also very cute and swoony, mainly because of the fact that SC was the one who initiated it. EEEEEEEEE. These two makes my heart flutters. Passionate kisses are awesome but sometimes I like the sweet kind. Atleast, they were not awkward like in Korean dramas. 

@rockee19 welcome to this thread!!!! Love when people unlurk and join us in the spazzing. Hehe. This drama clearly deserves more love. Agree with everything you said and I dare not open that link, i'm trying to avoid spoilers here. Strictly speaking I shouldn't even come here, but I can't help join in the discussion and folks here have been very kind to not post any major spoiler under that spoiler box. 

That DMS and SC MG2001 necklace kiss scene though! Hahahhaa. K-drama kiss scenes have gotten better (i.e. What's Wrong With Secretary Kim). I also loved it when SC took the initiative on that kiss tie scene. That's why DMS was wearing a tie on that scene. The real purpose of men wearing neckties! LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome! I just couldn't resist anymore. I have so much thoughts about this drama that I need to share with someone besides my own to hold on to what's left of my asian drama sanity. LOL.

Sorry! I can't seem to figure out how to hide a spoiler link. Abort, abort! Do not click that instagram link. IT"S A MAJOR SPOILER. YOU MUST RESIST. I couldn't resist so I'm :love::skull::innocent: . LOL.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, rockee19 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I just couldn't resist anymore. I have so much thoughts about this drama that I need to share with someone besides my own to hold on to what's left of my asian drama sanity. LOL.

my thoughts exactly lol. So happy I made an account.. I don't have a single friend watching.

To make a spoiler cut, you highlight the text and then click the little eye icon on the top right of the text box. I wouldn't count a link as a spoiler though, that's a cut in itself. :) Only those who seek spoilers (me!!!) will click through.

@Table122000 Ok yea that kiss though, hahahaa. Now I'm conflicted because like @kokodus mentioned, I guess there is something really sweet about their newb kisses. I think what I want is something between the 2001 make outs and the closed lip presses, LOL.

But yes, the necklace kiss and the tie kiss were pretty good. DS looked so good in necklace kiss closeup. :love:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

I watched 32 raw last night. So what do you guys think made Si decide that he should go after SC again??? Lei's violin playing confession??? I still would like to believe that the reason why Lei did that was to provoke Si. Sigh. I think I'm doomed. LOL. @feliset Thanks for sharing those snippets from the manga. It was nice seeing SC acknowledge that Si is the only one for her. Hehe. My heart is filled completely and it almost makes me want to read the manga. 

Are people still debating if Lei's actions are meant to provoke Si or not? i thought every itsy bitsy thing Lei does, since he came back and saw glimer of affection for Si in SC's eyes ,  is meant to provoke the two of them to take action in the right direction.

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

I think I just have to accept the fact that Lei is in love with SC in this version as well. And somehow I can understand why he would be mad at Si for not protecting SC properly. It's really hard to read Lei so I'm going to take whatever he says out loud as true. Meh. 

I can't believe you are not even giving credit for Si for doing such a selfless thing, it's not everyday he does something like that. LOL. He is not Lei, whose middle name is Sacrifice. Hahaha. Seriously though, it was huge enough for him to even get manipulated into giving up. We can all agree that he has a bird's brain and can't think through stuff properly, thank God he has good friends in F3 who makes him understand what is good and bad. 

No.. no i am not saying DS doesn't make a sacrifice.. i'm only saying that his decisions and selfless acts are mostly for SC.. and not Lei per se or F4 (he couldn't be there for this other guy and when he was struggling with Ceina storyline, Lei has to constantly remind him to think about F4).. ( too "generous" to remember robot incident after 20 years and that was a deluded logic behind letting Lei have his thing.. which he clearly didn't :) .. )

• Like 2

raw 31 and 32 are exactly the same except for 10 minutes video at beginning of 31 and 10 minutes of video at end of episode 32??

are they trying to milk the cash cow and therefore increase episode count by doing this ludicrous thing.. or producers made it like that..but WHY?

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

. ( too "generous" to remember robot incident after 20 years and that was a deluded logic behind letting Lei have his thing.. which he clearly didn't :) .. )

Ehh Ehh don't throw shade on my Si puppy. LOL. I agree that he is too self centered and doesn't care about others. But I still think he will do anything for Lei. SI went for SC at first because he knew Lei was hung up on Jing. After that beach kiss between Lei and Si, he was mad but he still gave up on her, packed his bags and went to London. It was not until Lei told him that SC loves only Si, he comes back and actively pursue her again. Now in this week, when Lei said he want to go after SC now that Si and her have broken up, although he was very sad and it killed him to do that, he went and told SC that they should break up for good and even went as far as to throw away that necklace. So what I'm trying to say is that Si is indeed self centered and doesn't give a richard simmons about others but Lei and SC are special cases, lol.  At this point I think he truly believed that Lei would be able to protect her better than himself. Sighhh.

@rockee19 I love your dp. And no don't ask sorry, Links can't be considered as spoilers. I'm using my last bit of self control to resist opening all the spoiler boxes here. Dangit! LOL. I won't last long, I'll eventually give in anyways. About men wearing ties, have you seen Queen in hyun's man, there is a scene where the female lead says the same thing. LOL. I love that drama. 

@mouse007 It was you who talked about It started with a kiss and They kissed again, right??? I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your post. You have no idea how much I love that show. It's not the Chinese version, it's the Taiwanese one. Zhi shu used to be my crush for so long. LOL. And yes I love love the second season more because they really showed how marriage is not the HEA and the real struggle happens only after it. There were WAYYYYY too many cute and sweet kisses. That drama really goes down the history of dramaland as the sweetest love story ever made. LOL. Ohhh now I wish we see Si and SC post-marriage. I want to see how their day to day life will be like. I at least need a fanfiction. LOL

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ehh Ehh don't throw shade on my Si puppy. LOL. I agree that he is too self centered and doesn't care about others. But I still think he will do anything for Lei. SI went for SC at first because he knew Lei was hung up on Jing. After that beach kiss between Lei and Si, he was mad but he still gave up on her, packed his bags and went to London. It was not until Lei told him that SC loves only Si, he comes back and actively pursue her again. Now in this week, when Lei said he want to go after SC now that Si and her have broken up, although he was very sad and it killed him to do that, he went and told SC that they should break up for good and even went as far as to throw away that necklace. So what I'm trying to say is that Si is indeed self centered and doesn't give a richard simmons about others but Lei and SC are special cases, lol.  At this point I think he truly believed that Lei would be able to protect her better than himself. Sighhh.

Possibly, but then he wanted to have a serious talk with SC and as always she was making a joke out of it.. which kind of flipped him..

its confusing if he really gave it up for Lei 

On Fanfictions: someone make Lei X DS :)

• Like 1

Finally caught up with the drama, but still can't believe it that gotta have to deal with Netflix not airing everything and gotta keep waiting for get the rest of the episodes with subtitles. 

Anyways, here's a little spoiler. :D

Spoiler

Credit to instagram owner oerhath

• Like 1