Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kokodus

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rimjayc said:

After all of the posts trying to figure out 

do lei really loves Sc and wants her for himself ( to provide a calmer more stable relationship) or is he legit messing with Si feelings to wake himup as a bestfriend !!? 

Well Why cant he feel Both ways ?

human feelings are not one dimentional after all 

as mush as he do love si and sc very mush and wants them to be dramafree and happy around him 

he really does devlope romantic feelings towars sc ! ( and that is comfirmed in the og manga and on some behaviors  in this drama too)

Ofc Its not comparable to Si tho 

 

si is passion and fire , possessivness and stuborn love 

 

lei is soft , selfless and kinda on the moment !

 

He loves you but would most of the time give you space to breath and act on your own heart too

 what im trying to say here is lei is neither bad or good ! He is just trying his best okey ? XD 

(we all know who sc ends up with anyways ! So the effort of lei should at least be apreciated somehow xD)

  Reveal hidden contents

In the japversion he is even gonna marry them ffs :,) 

imagine how mush of a good heart you gotta have ro marry the girl you have?/had feelings for and your bestfriend 

—————————-

on another note , im so glad people are joining us more and more here

it feels like a safe space for every hanadan crazy fan xD

i felt the same as everyone at fist and just needed a space to vent or share my fav moments with people that actually gets « it »

now i have to check this place everyday lol

so yeah WELCOME EVERYBODY :D

I am so happy I found this place lol. My husband and I watch the show together. Well who are we kidding I watch it first and then it usually takes him a few days after to watch with me again so I have all these questions and can’t ask anyone because he doesn’t want the story line to be ruined for him. It’s complete torture! Lol

 

I have the notifications turned on and send to my email so I see ever reply LMAO

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

^ that's always been Rui's/Jihoo's/Lei's back story though. Although, in the manga, it stated that it was his father's strictness that caused him to be "autistic". I'm not sure what they know about "autism" in 1992 (when the manga was written) but maybe Rui should have been aptly described as someone with a social impairment instead of being on the spectrum because it's myth that people with autism are unable to show emotions. Maybe Asperger's or Alexithymia?

 

Anyway... I digress. :)

 Im not trying to put any diagnostic on lei/rui/jihoos behaviors as achild or adult here tbh 

im just saying that in this version they made it clear ! And pointed at it for the public 

So darren mush have embodied the roll as sush ? ( making him emotionless in alot of scenes) 

in the korean version they never say jihoo is anything really just that after losing  both of his parents in a chocking way at a really young age  (and his grandpa leaving too)

he felt guilt and strong trauma which made him that way 

 

rui has always been that way too 

i dont remember if its traumatic or not i gotta Reread the very first chapters too

but i agree that in 1992 it wasnt easy to callout « autisme » or people in the spectrum in generale 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I just rewatched that scene and did you notice he was extra hard on her and kept cutting her off. LOL. It's understandable that he would lash out at her after she left him alone like that, but even when she is trying to tell the valid reason why she did what she did, he rudely cuts her off and just abruptly asks for them to break up for good. And after she gave him the necklace, he looked up at her and saw her crying, I totally thought he got softened at that moment, but he also doesn't want her to be hurt anymore and that's why he threw the necklace away???

Is it wrong that I was kind of proud of him? I feel he always lets her have a word in edge wise and she always says something to put him down or make him feel inadequate. It was actually nice to not see him get scolded or rejected by her and for once he stood up “like a man” and didn’t let her intergect any nonsense of pretending she doesn’t care and his feelings mean nothing to her. When deep down he means everything to her but she just can’t admit it yet. It hurts me more to see how upset he is after she says all the things he doesn’t want her to say. He actually told her to leave him alone and I think that made her realize, sh!t he’s done, DS hasn’t really acted like that towards her since he really fell for her. He was always begging for her love, begging for confirmation that she likes him and she barely ever gave it to him. So this scene was so vital for me that he finally said eff it and stood up for himself instead of letting her spew her nonsense lol. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kokodusI didn’t even think that DS cutting her off and breaking up with her was because of what Lei told him but that does make sense! It eases my heart a bit if this was his reasoning cause seriously that scene messed me up. It does seem out of character to him and goes against his chasing to mars words.

 

in the manga, he did go with Lei to the fishing village. But if I am to be honest, I kind of prefer how MG2018 has written this arc. It’s so much sadder and dramatic lol. I am going to be over the moon when they get back together.

 

By the way, did anyone else notice DS’s long richard simmons legs walking up those stairs two steps at a time like it was no big deal? Hahaha....

 

@chocolatetruffles08 yes I did notice the Lei/SC kiss was a better one! 

 

I actually like Darren Chen’s portrayal but you’re right, there are a couple scenes I think they could have showed his developing feelings better.

 

There was a scene in the anime following the hot spring incident when Rui comforts Makino and she asks to hold his hand while they slept side by side. I loved this scene because it was a turning point for her realization that she now only saw Rui a friend but Doumyoji as something more. The next morning in MG2018, she thinks about how she’s gotten awkward and clumsy now around DS and she could never hold his hand while sleeping. But like.. I feel this sentence lost its meaning without it coming from her realizing that she has lost the awkwardness she once had around Lei. Oh well. In my mind, that’s still how it played out in the drama even if they didn’t show it :D

 

In the violin scene when he asks to her not to be so quick to push him away, I feel like it might be a combination of him wanting to rile Si up but also kind of a last moment for him to enjoy her embrace before DS/SC inevitably get back together. That’s what I read in his face anyways. When he helps her find the necklace, you can see the genuine pain in his expression to seeing her like that. As much as he loves DS, I don’t think he would be going through all this if he didn’t truly care for SC and her happiness. That’s not like his character at all to care about others that way. So I do feel love here on his part even if he holds himself back from truly acting on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some cute as hell fanarts by the great

 @freak-drawer on insta 

Spoiler

 

CHECK/follow her instagrame for more !

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hey can someone one confirm me whether Caina is gone for good or not by 30th ep??? She and Terrace guy got together? Finally??? Why is no one celebrating that? LOL. Or did I miss anything? Is she still around??? Dangit!

 

@enigmatic_zephyLei and Si FF sounds good, though I'm not much of a BL person. But the bromance here is real! LOL. 

 

Yup.. she ain't there in 31 and 32  :) like not even a glimpse :D 

 

neither am i a BL person.. but Dylan and Darren  -their energy is so bromantic..  Dylan has that alpha thing and Darren is someone i can totally see as needing protection in first glance but actually being emotionally a stronger one ( 1988 bo gum's character, or L from death note.. or maybe nicer version of the leading lady - who looks like a submissive but isn't - from 50 shades)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I just rewatched that scene and did you notice he was extra hard on her and kept cutting her off. LOL. It's understandable that he would lash out at her after she left him alone like that, but even when she is trying to tell the valid reason why she did what she did, he rudely cuts her off and just abruptly asks for them to break up for good. And after she gave him the necklace, he looked up at her and saw her crying, I totally thought he got softened at that moment, but he also doesn't want her to be hurt anymore and that's why he threw the necklace away???

 

Also the part where he walks off after throwing the necklace was more painful. Even from the back he looked the saddest, you can see him wiping his face/tears while walking back. SIGHHHHHH. 

 

Ikr?!?!?! I wonder where is the guy who said he would chase after her even if she goes to Mars??? He didn't even follow her to the nearby fishing village. I am so disappointed in him. Tsk tsk. 

 

And Lei plays with my feelings, seriously, it's ok if he plays with Si and SC's feelings....but he is legit making me go crazy. LOL. 

On a serious note I, I think we can all conclude the violin playing scene is indeed an act to provoke both Si and SC because he just saw SC madly like a crazy woman searching for something that Si gave her. I don't think even after seeing SC like that, he would dare go and pursue her. That is the turning point for him, if he ever had any feelings for SC that is. 

 

THIS! I was also disappointed at Daomingsi for being like that. I mean he already declared to her that he will chase her anywhere but it was opposite of what happened when he didn’t even follow her at the fishing village and he even pushed Shancai away even though she already told her the reasons why she did what she had to do.. I can’t believe that Daomingsi is that angry more than Shancai, when in fact it is Shancai who has the right to get angrier more than him.

I would’ve understand if Shancai lied & didn’t tell him that its his mother that is at fault, but he knows & he even knows what his mother is capable of

 

The problem with Daomingsi is consistency. He keeps on declaring/promising Shancai but when situation gets hard, he also gives in. like when he started dating his fiance, him not chasing Shancai at the fishing village, lets not forget the future london arc where he will be cold & stoic again to Shancai <_< 

 

You know at least with Shancai, she’s honest and clear in telling Daomingsi that she is confuse & not ready.  that’s why Daomingsi knows what he is getting and that’s the reason for her push & pull.

 

Btw, I didn’t like that they didn’t make Daomingsi followed Shancai at fishing village in this version, because in Korean & Japanese versions (I don’t remember what happened in Taiwanese), Tsukasa/Jun Pyo followed Makino/Jandi in the fishing village

 

Anyway, I’ll love Daomingsi again in ep. 32 so imma wait :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

 Im not trying to put any diagnostic on lei/rui/jihoos behaviors as achild or adult here tbh 

im just saying that in this version they made it clear ! And pointed at it for the public 

So darren mush have embodied the roll as sush ? ( making him emotionless in alot of scenes) 

in the korean version they never say jihoo is anything really just that after losing  both of his parents in a chocking way at a really young age  (and his grandpa leaving too)

he felt guilt and strong trauma which made him that way 

 

rui has always been that way too 

i dont remember if its traumatic or not i gotta Reread the very first chapters too

but i agree that in 1992 it wasnt easy to callout « autisme » or people in the spectrum in generale 

 

He embodied it all right! I just wish he looked less catatonic. 2001 Lei's eyes spoke to me (LOL) and the same with Jihoo! But Darren's Lei looked a bit dead in the eye for me. In saying this, I still love Lei and I will support his character no matter what. If this is his interpretation of Lei... who am I to question his delivery? I'm not an actress so I can't really judge! Just hoping I can, we can, read him a bit better :wub:

 

Forever mysterious, Lei.

 

And I agree with you - why can't he manipulate SC/DMS and at the same time, pursue SC because he loves her? It must be so tough to want who he wants AND for his best friend & love to be happy together.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, feliset said:

 

@chocolatetruffles08 yes I did notice the Lei/SC kiss was a better one

 

I actually like Darren Chen’s portrayal but you’re right, there are a couple scenes I think they could have showed his developing feelings better.

 

There was a scene in the anime following the hot spring incident when Rui comforts Makino and she asks to hold his hand while they slept side by side. I loved this scene because it was a turning point for her realization that she now only saw Rui a friend but Doumyoji as something more. The next morning in MG2018, she thinks about how she’s gotten awkward and clumsy now around DS and she could never hold his hand while sleeping. But like.. I feel this sentence lost its meaning without it coming from her realizing that she has lost the awkwardness she once had around Lei. Oh well. In my mind, that’s still how it played out in the drama even if they didn’t show it :D

 

In the violin scene when he asks to her not to be so quick to push him away, I feel like it might be a combination of him wanting to rile Si up but also kind of a last moment for him to enjoy her embrace before DS/SC inevitably get back together. That’s what I read in his face anyways. When he helps her find the necklace, you can see the genuine pain in his expression to seeing her like that. As much as he loves DS, I don’t think he would be going through all this if he didn’t truly care for SC and her happiness. That’s not like his character at all to care about others that way. So I do feel love here on his part even if he holds himself back from truly acting on it.

 

Ayiiieeeee!!! It was, wasn't it?? :wub: oh my heart... 

 

I haven't watched the violin scene yet but I'm looking forward to it! Lei playing the violin is my greatest memory of him. It was what made him stand out for me... there weren't many guys on TV then that knew how to play that instrument!

 

(then I saw Darren playing the piano spectacularly, and my heart was confused)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

Hey everyone, let me just start off that I had to create a new account just so I can join in. My old one is so teenybopperish, it makes me shiver (registered in 2006)!

 

I am a die hard Rui/Lei/Jihoo supporter. It doesn't matter which actor plays this role because I will only have eyes for him. :wub:

 

Having said that, I HATED how dead Lei looked in the initial episodes. It pissed me the hell off and I couldn't stop comparing him from Lei 2001 and Jihoo. I mean, those guys showed far more emotion than the current Lei! I'm trying to figure out when Lei really fell for SC because just like in MG 2001, I cannot pinpoint when! There were so many missed opportunities when the writers could have explored this angle... when SC fell during DS's party, Lei was just standing there :angry:! When SC walked in on DS and XZ, WTF (seriously WTF!!!) was that "there, there *pat pat*" by Lei???? Not even a hug?! Ugh makes me so angry thinking about it!

 

Speaking of kisses... excuse me, my boy actually kissed SC a bit more properly (albeit, still subdued) during the beach scene. He parted his lips ever so slightly and that's so much better than the rest of the kisses in this drama, so far. Watch it again :D

 

I wish the writers could have given us a bit more to convince that Lei's feelings are authentic. That he's not doing what he's doing to prove a point to DS. I do think Lei  genuinely loves SC but he's had enough of their immaturity. After all, he's backed off from pursuing SC, and yet these 2 can't seem to stay together for more than a couple of days! He's probably like, "what's the point of backing off?" his sacrifice is so useless seeing DS and SC fight all the time. This is what *I* would feel if I were him and it would genuinely annoy the hell out of me.

 

My poor Lei... he will never have a happy ending for the rest of eternity.

lol.. drama made it clear upfront only that Lei is a sleepyhead (in DS's words) and basically absolutely non emotive (in other people's words).. so everytime when he stood up for SC ( supporting her when DS threw food on her, talking to her on terrace, asking jiang to pretty her up, cafeteria)... some character makes a comment on how Lei is going above and beyond.. Jiang also tells Lei about the same... DS was amazed to see Lei actually take action when it came to SC.. Lastly, Lei told SC himself.. in his own twisted ways.. that had he not liked her, he wouldn't be standing up for her (in initial episode).. and this standing up is already beyond what he does for F4 (and we know F4 means more than anything to lei)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ they did, indeed!

 

I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting a tiny bit more from Lei. But like I said previously, this is Darren's interpretation and perhaps, the writers' and the director wanted him to approach it this way (to mess with our heads even more). I cannot be faulted for longing for a smidge more ;) I know he was already going above and beyond for doing all those things but I was/am hoping they will develop his character a bit more compared to the other remakes to make it easier for the audience to figure him out. But then that would mean less mystery!

 

It really is a struggle to read him! Otherwise, we won't be on this topic discussing whether he really loves SC or he's just manipulating DS... or both. He's clear as a mud, really! :lol: Yet so endearing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marielou92 said:

 

THIS! I was also disappointed at Daomingsi for being like that. I mean he already declared to her that he will chase her anywhere but it was opposite of what happened when he didn’t even follow her at the fishing village and he even pushed Shancai away even though she already told her the reasons why she did what she had to do.. I can’t believe that Daomingsi is that angry more than Shancai, when in fact it is Shancai who has the right to get angrier more than him.

I would’ve understand if Shancai lied & didn’t tell him that its his mother that is at fault, but he knows & he even knows what his mother is capable of

 

The problem with Daomingsi is consistency. He keeps on declaring/promising Shancai but when situation gets hard, he also gives in. like when he started dating his fiance, him not chasing Shancai at the fishing village, lets not forget the future london arc where he will be cold & stoic again to Shancai <_< 

 

You know at least with Shancai, she’s honest and clear in telling Daomingsi that she is confuse & not ready.  that’s why Daomingsi knows what he is getting and that’s the reason for her push & pull.

 

Btw, I didn’t like that they didn’t make Daomingsi followed Shancai at fishing village in this version, because in Korean & Japanese versions (I don’t remember what happened in Taiwanese), Tsukasa/Jun Pyo followed Makino/Jandi in the fishing village

 

Anyway, I’ll love Daomingsi again in ep. 32 so imma wait :D

I would still like to believe that he didn't go after her because he was feeling guilty that she is suffering because of her...so much so that even a tough weed like her can't take it and is running away. It's sad and a typical Noble idiot behaviour on Si's part. SIGHHH. Maybe he didn't want to put any more pressure on her but at the same time he also can't control his own feelings, hence the lashing out...tsk. I also wish he had at least gone to the fishing village...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes lei is a sleepy head ! A cute lasy richard simmons

bur hey i just went back to ep 5 to make sure they said it for sure  

 

 

1.png?w=625

 

——————————-

Daoming si is one of the most persistant protagonist i know tbh 

and i love this side of him alot 

alot of leads giveup or get lazy on way easy problems in dramas ect 

yet he will try his hardest for sc till the very end 

Spoiler

Till putting a ring on it actually xD

 

So we can give him an episode or two of pure sadness and reflection sush as the one we are watching right now 

lets not forget SHE brokeup with him ! Brokehis heart and ego by telling him he was never really releable to her 

THATS NOT EASY TO TAKE  especialy from the love of your life lol

(i mean even when he sais he is done , dont want to see her and dont wanna go get her from the village HE STILL WATCHED HER SNS really close and didnt miss any update he could have)

 

and yeah ... didnt take him long to comeback as strong as ever following the few spoilers out lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

So I watched the Lei serenading violin clip and after thinking about Lei and SC I do believe Lei is doing this to egg on DS. You clearly see her go to push Lei away when she possibly sees DS watching threw the window and he tells her not to be in a hurry to push him away etc. that’s not like Lei at all. He would never make her do something she didn’t want to do or force her to keep letting him hug her. I believe he’s doing it purposely so that DS sees and it sparks that fire in him. 

 

I believe Lei still thinks SC is conflicted with her feelings between the two of them and he’s going all lengths to show SC that he is interested to make her face her feelings and truly pick who she wants to be with to end this back and forth over all. 

 

Exactly right. Lei is clearly trying to push DS buttons and force him to go back to SC.  I don't think he feels SC is conflicted with her feelings after seeing her breakdown at the fountain? water feature?, but I agree with you that he is determined to make both SC and DS face their true feelings for each other and end the back and forth and recognize that they do have a strong bond with each other and should accept that fact and work together regarding any obstacles in their relationship. 

 

5 hours ago, rimjayc said:

do lei really loves Sc and wants her for himself ( to provide a calmer more stable relationship) or is he legit messing with Si feelings to wake himup as a bestfriend !!? 

Well Why cant he feel Both ways ?

human feelings are not one dimentional after all 

 

 Excellent point! I agree with you. For me, Lei is the character in this drama who is conflicted. I believe him when he says that he loves SC, and I also believe him when he is obviously trying to get SC and DS together.  DS is his BFF and he doesn't want to lose that relationship, and SC is that girl who understands him best, a true friend, who could be more. He doesn't want to lose her friendship as well so he holds himself back, but then he wants her for himself too.  He has a constant battle with himself, yeah. 

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

And Lei plays with my feelings, seriously, it's ok if he plays with Si and SC's feelings....but he is legit making me go crazy. LOL. 

On a serious note I, I think we can all conclude the violin playing scene is indeed an act to provoke both Si and SC because he just saw SC madly like a crazy woman searching for something that Si gave her. I don't think even after seeing SC like that, he would dare go and pursue her. That is the turning point for him, if he ever had any feelings for SC that is.

 

I agree. I think when he made his confession to DS on the rooftop that he was in love with SC and he would pursue her, he was doing it partly to egg on DS and partly to see exactly how deep DS feelings really were for SC. I think in his mind he felt he did have a chance with SC if DS truly broke it off for good. His reasoning in this "game" seemed to be that he would push both of DS and SC together, but if it truly didn't work out because of his meddling, then SC was his. I think when he left the rooftop, he felt that there was a small chance for him and SC. Once he saw her breakdown at the pool? water feature? he understood the depth of SC feelings for DS (which she was just realizing herself) and knew that she wasn't going to be able to be anything but a friend to him.  

 

12 hours ago, sunnyfly said:

Is there anywhere I can watch episode 31 and 32 with English subs? Does no one else sub it on other sites? It’s driving me up the wall that there are 32 episodes but Netflix only has 30=(

 

Sorry if this was asked before and answered but I went back a couple pages and didn’t find anything....

 

Netflix has the worldwide exclusive rights to this drama, so all the subs that are used by " other sites" are actually the Netflix subs. No one else is subbing it.  That being said, Philippines. Indonesia, and Thailand  the liscense for this drama is with other networks so if you live in those countries you may be able to find other subs. 

 

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ahhh so we are talking about kisses now. I'm actually quite happy with the kisses here maybe because I was not expecting much. Lol. Seriously though they were all pretty natural, because clearly, as we have discussed before, this might be their first ever serious relationship and they might be each other's first kisses. Atleast for SC, it's true. LOL. I really liked the meteor shower kiss in 23, it was really sweet and you can see some movement at least from Si's side while SC remained closed mouth. While it's justified there because she was still unsure back then, so yeah... And the tie kiss scene in 26 was also very cute and swoony, mainly because of the fact that SC was the one who initiated it. EEEEEEEEE. These two makes my heart flutters. Passionate kisses are awesome but sometimes I like the sweet kind. Atleast, they were not awkward like in Korean dramas. 

 

@rockee19 welcome to this thread!!!! Love when people unlurk and join us in the spazzing. Hehe. This drama clearly deserves more love. Agree with everything you said and I dare not open that link, i'm trying to avoid spoilers here. Strictly speaking I shouldn't even come here, but I can't help join in the discussion and folks here have been very kind to post any major spoiler under that spoiler box. 

 

I'm liking the sweet kisses here in this drama too. Although I have to admit I like some more than others. The "tie kiss" in Ep. 26 was nice. The birthday kiss in ep 19/20- not so much for me as SC was just standing there like a block of wood, and she didn't kiss back. 

At least they are real kisses with actual lips touching-so bring it on some more!

 

11 hours ago, feliset said:

my thoughts exactly lol. So happy I made an account.. I don't have a single friend watching.

To make a spoiler cut, you highlight the text and then click the little eye icon on the top right of the text box. I wouldn't count a link as a spoiler though, that's a cut in itself. :) Only those who seek spoilers (me!!!) will click through.

 

@Table122000 Ok yea that kiss though, hahahaa. Now I'm conflicted because like @kokodus mentioned, I guess there is something really sweet about their newb kisses. I think what I want is something between the 2001 make outs and the closed lip presses, LOL.

 

But yes, the necklace kiss and the tie kiss were pretty good. DS looked so good in necklace kiss closeup. :love:

 

 

I understand where you are coming from! We're not asking for full on french kissing with tongues, but it would be nice to see a bit more than just a quick press of lips.  Regarding TW 2001 version, I have seen it said in more than 1 review that TW 2001 version is the only version of this story where people felt that there was actual sexual attraction between the leads, that they understood why SC would date DS-because she desired him. (And vice versa) You can definitely feel the heat  between those 2, so kudos to Barbie & Jerry!

 

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

raw 31 and 32 are exactly the same except for 10 minutes video at beginning of 31 and 10 minutes of video at end of episode 32??

 

are they trying to milk the cash cow and therefore increase episode count by doing this ludicrous thing.. or producers made it like that..but WHY?

 

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I did read on another website that there was a problem with the video files, so maybe that's what is going on. 

 

6 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hey can someone one confirm me whether Caina is gone for good or not by 30th ep??? She and Terrace guy got together? Finally??? Why is no one celebrating that? LOL. Or did I miss anything? Is she still around??? Dangit!

 

@enigmatic_zephyLei and Si FF sounds good, though I'm not much of a BL person. But the bromance here is real! LOL. 

 

 

Yes, Caina story is completed in Ep. 30. She and Terence get back together and then they both leave for the USA. So, Happy ending for them! I think people didn't talk about it because her character & storyline weren't really liked by the fandom, so no one cared how it ended. I was glad that she got a happy ending, but sad for poor Meizou.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rimjayc said:

So we can give him an episode or two of pure sadness and reflection sush as the one we are watching right now 

lets not forget SHE brokeup with him ! Brokehis heart and ego by telling him he was never really releable to her 

THATS NOT EASY TO TAKE  especialy from the love of your life lol

(i mean even when he sais he is done , dont want to see her and dont wanna go get her from the village HE STILL WATCHED HER SNS really close and didnt miss any update he could have)

 

and yeah ... didnt take him long to comeback as strong as ever following the few spoilers out lol

 

You make a good point.  DS has been through a lot, and it's not like SC gave him strong emotional support or certainty, so I can see how he would get depressed and give up. Luckily for us, it doesn't last too long.

 

4 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

Hey everyone, let me just start off that I had to create a new account just so I can join in. My old one is so teenybopperish, it makes me shiver (registered in 2006)!

 

I am a die hard Rui/Lei/Jihoo supporter. It doesn't matter which actor plays this role because I will only have eyes for him. :wub:

 

Having said that, I HATED how dead Lei looked in the initial episodes. It pissed me the hell off and I couldn't stop comparing him from Lei 2001 and Jihoo. I mean, those guys showed far more emotion than the current Lei! I'm trying to figure out when Lei really fell for SC because just like in MG 2001, I cannot pinpoint when! There were so many missed opportunities when the writers could have explored this angle... when SC fell during DS's party, Lei was just standing there :angry:! When SC walked in on DS and XZ, WTF (seriously WTF!!!) was that "there, there *pat pat*" by Lei???? Not even a hug?! Ugh makes me so angry thinking about it!

 

Speaking of kisses... excuse me, my boy actually kissed SC a bit more properly (albeit, still subdued) during the beach scene. He parted his lips ever so slightly and that's so much better than the rest of the kisses in this drama, so far. Watch it again :D

 

I wish the writers could have given us a bit more to convince that Lei's feelings are authentic. That he's not doing what he's doing to prove a point to DS. I do think Lei  genuinely loves SC but he's had enough of their immaturity. After all, he's backed off from pursuing SC, and yet these 2 can't seem to stay together for more than a couple of days! He's probably like, "what's the point of backing off?" his sacrifice is so useless seeing DS and SC fight all the time. This is what *I* would feel if I were him and it would genuinely annoy the hell out of me.

 

My poor Lei... he will never have a happy ending for the rest of eternity.

 

You have a good point there. 

 

4 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

^ that's always been Rui's/Jihoo's/Lei's back story though. Although, in the manga, it stated that it was his father's strictness that caused him to be "autistic". I'm not sure what they know about "autism" in 1992 (when the manga was written) but maybe Rui should have been aptly described as someone with a social impairment instead of being on the spectrum because it's myth that people with autism are unable to show emotions. Maybe Asperger's or Alexithymia?

 

Anyway... I digress. :)

 

3 hours ago, rimjayc said:

 Im not trying to put any diagnostic on lei/rui/jihoos behaviors as achild or adult here tbh 

im just saying that in this version they made it clear ! And pointed at it for the public 

So darren mush have embodied the roll as sush ? ( making him emotionless in alot of scenes) 

in the korean version they never say jihoo is anything really just that after losing  both of his parents in a chocking way at a really young age  (and his grandpa leaving too)

he felt guilt and strong trauma which made him that way 

 

rui has always been that way too 

i dont remember if its traumatic or not i gotta Reread the very first chapters too

but i agree that in 1992 it wasnt easy to callout « autisme » or people in the spectrum in generale 

 

To be honest, I much prefer it when the writers do not give the Lei character any medical diagnosis or label.  It's enough to just say that he is normally quiet and withdrawn. People can be that way without having a mental illness. When it's portrayed as more "this is just his personality" then I find it more believable that he "comes out of his shell" after interacting with Jing and the F4, and then later with Shan Cai. Plus, it takes a lot of research and skill by both writers and actors to properly portray people that do have these conditions, and I don't think a fantasy idol drama really does that justice, frankly. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real life F4

I am watching Big bang's variety show videos.. and this is totally real life F4.. 

no other singer friends, just busy amongst themselves.. all rich and very strong personalities, yet don't clash.. and i think we have our DS and SC in taeyang and min hyo rin :P ..  i mean literally, T's first crush/love/wife.. he is the passionate one.. and in some interview they say, when MHR and T fight then its a sad day for all because T is in a bad mood :)

 

and icing on the cake, GD was the one who brought them together .. lol .. the one who excels at making music in the group..

 

talk about height of similarity

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANNA HAVE IMAGERIES OF WHATS COMING :warning:

Spoiler

i wish we had clearer videos but we can see them really happy and VERY MUSH back together in those two videos .

and i feel so happy and warm inside TT

im so glad they can have some quality couple time at least in london arc befor richard simmons happens again ;; 

AND THAT BED SCENE WHERE THEY BOTH LOOK SO CUDDLY and for once sc is not trying to be 2km far away from him 

YOU DID IT SI !!!! :,)

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, feliset said:

I thought his face was red from the alcohol :joy:

He has the asian curse lol

I wonder if they really had him drink? If it was makeup, thats some impressive makeup!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...