Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

20 minutes ago, qqbr21 said:

me too, it's traumatic. How almost all of the episodes in MG 2  tell about DMS and Yessa falling in love, as if SC was knocked out and became the second lead. Maybe PD-nim wants to show SC's love for DMs with all the effort to make DMS recall, but it's too much and make  SC like the third person in DMS and Yessa's relationship. Up to the point that I became a supporter of Lei, I really hoped SC and Lei were married at that time (I was too hateful about the memory-lost character of DMS). And the final part of the MG 2 , hoel is not enough to satisfy. SC and DMS have various obstacles but are not married at the end (just kissing) :phew:

If PD-nim keeps making a memory loss scene, please give just one episode like in the K-drama version :grimace:

i will always skip the memories lost scenes.....dont expect to me able to quote or remember anything since i practically fast forward through it lols....as said...it is honestly too painful to watch lols

• Like 2

@feliset welcome to soompi and welcome to this thread!!!! You should take time and watch the J version, it may not follow the manga accurately but good it had many cute moments. And I think it's the only version that portrayed Makino's character really well. She is called a tough weed and she stays true to her name, I wouldn't recommend K version because of how they made Jandi's character so weak. But it still had it's moments and it's my first kdrama so I would always have a soft spot for Lee Min Ho. Kekeke. 

As for Ximen/Xiao You's arc in K version...

Spoiler

They get together in the end. They had their own side story and the writer really took time to develop the characters, unlike here where Ximen is not fleshed out fully yet. Sighhh. It's been 30 eps and he still reamins just as a Tea Guy. It's painful. Yi Jung and Ga Eul on the other hand had a thing going on from the early eps and theirs is one cute story. 

• Like 2

Love the scene where DMS slept at Lei's house and Lei was being so funny how he can't do anything right by DMS. DMS commented on butt facing butt is too funny. Love those sweet moments of them. SC oh SC....I can tell she loves Ah Si libe, but she is really kind and thoughtful towards her friends. I forgot how evil and terrifying Daoming Feng was!!! She may be rich and smart, butshe lacked emotional intelligence and kindness. Like SC says, she uses people and take advantage of them. She is selfish and self-centered. She only cares about her needs, she neglected her children----she is sad in a way too. I'm actually excited to see how they will play out the lost memory part?? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@feliset welcome to soompi and welcome to this thread!!!! You should take time and watch the J version, it may not follow the manga accurately but good it had many cute moments. And I think it's the only version that portrayed Makino's character really well. She is called a tough weed and she stays true to her name, I wouldn't recommend K version because of how they made Jandi's character so weak. But it still had it's moments and it's my first kdrama so I would always have a soft spot for Lee Min Ho. Kekeke. 

As for Ximen/Xiao You's arc in K version...

Reveal hidden contents

They get together in the end. They had their own side story and the writer really took time to develop the characters, unlike here where Ximen is not fleshed out fully yet. Sighhh. It's been 30 eps and he still reamins just as a Tea Guy. It's painful. Yi Jung and Ga Eul on the other hand had a thing going on from the early eps and theirs is one cute story. 

Thank you! I may revisit the j version again one day.. I did watch one ep and I just didn't connect with the characters though I guess I didn't give it a solid chance. It's even harder for me now that the style feels dated. This is even more true with the Taiwan MG haha. I was in HS when it came out so not super young, but the styling and old technology still makes it hard watch now.

I like 2018 SC in a lot of ways but I do think her portrayal is missing some of Makino's true 'tough weed' essence. SC's fighting attitude feels more defensive than a selfless fight for justice.

I like the sound of the ximen/xiao you arc in K version. :)

Spoiler

In the manga, I know Yuki said she was happy with how her story ended with Soujirou. But the no strings attached sex she offered him after he admits he doesn't think he can ever really fall in love with her just wasn't enough for me haha. It was very grown-up and realistic, but this is fiction and I like my happy endings. I wanted more for her.

Xiaoyou is sooo cute and I love how sweet Ximen is with her so I'm really hoping for a bit more from him in this series.

Edited by feliset
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, feliset said:

I'm a big HYD anime/manga fan and other than a brief interest in the taiwanese meteor garden back then, I never really got into any of the other dramas (korea, japan) until NOW

The Japanese version has the best ending so far. In the end of season 1 Makino finally confess to Doumyoji, in season 2 he propose to her after her graduation and in the final movie they got married. So maybe you can try watching it :D. The elevator scene in season 1 is one of the best scene, it was done very beautifully. Also I really like Makino character in this version, such a tough girl. 

By the way I'm really curious about something. Is Doumyoji Tsukasa's name in Chinese language character is Daoming Si? Or it's just created by Angie Chai and her team? Because Shancai's name means weed too, like Makino Tsukushi's.

• Like 2

i can officialy say that ep 28/29 are easly my least favorite episodes of the show 

it was so boring and dragy 

( i mean i understand they want to establish cainas plot and show her side of the story ! but its just sooooooo dull and sadly her and meizuo have 0chemstry in my eyes ! 

he is really cute especialy when he talked about how mush he liked her in from of the guys at the tea salon ! but omg as soon as they are both in the same scene ... its just flat !HELL IM LOWKEY STARTING TO THINK SHE IS BETTER WITH TERRANCE )

also doi have to point out that cringyass CF scene for the drink and food ect xD ? 

i laughed for a minute ! but dont get wrong THEY LOOKED HELLA GOOD in that uniforme ! F4 fever forever 

tumblr_pd5nag0e8n1utfw96o3_540.gif

its funny how you can almost callout their personalities just by this gif lol 

we also had a major jackass doaming si for those 2eps! hitting his friends ! being rude to everybody ect 

but somehow drinking his soymilk when lei is  asking him to ( DONT WE LOVE THOSE TWO ugh ... i really dont feel like seeying them fight very soon xD)

i mean look at them hahaha 

Spoiler

i understand si heartbreak and can feel that he is gonna lose it very soon now that sanshai is gonna be in his face again *sigh*

• Like 3

hi again y'all! @feliset same manga fan here!! I'm SO SO happy a lot of the story line from the manga is now adapted! 

Ok so this week has been a roller coaster. 

LOVED:

- Shen Yue's acting. She was SO good in the necklace scene; I really felt for her :( I feel like she doesn't get enough love for her performance!

- Dylan/DMS. PUPPPPYYYY T_T 

DID NOT LOVE:

- They changed Xiao Zi's character....I liked it much better in the manga when she only had one weak moment and hugged Si, but then corrected her course right away and backed off. In this version she was expecting Si to use her as a rebound (and pretended to be relieved when he didn't), but in the manga she was actually *worried* he would use her again because she knew she wouldn't be able to take the hurt when he would eventually come back to SC. That to me is much more aligned with Xiao Zi's character. 

- They changed Lei's character too!! I know people were excited about the love triangle but it doesn't make sense to me how Lei is pushing things this far (esp. in the preview where he asked SC to turn her phone off for 48 hours. Like, what now?) His character is that he would always protect SC but without hurting DMS. I'm excited for this arc to be over and curious how they would resolve Lei-DMS's relationship now that it has somewhat crossed a line.

In other news, lots of cute previews for next week, SO EXCITED!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kokodus said:

Exactly what I was going to say. C dramas are usually like this. They give more importance to side characters, which may or may not be a good thing. I have watched dramas only for the side couples before. And I don't hesitate to skip scenes. It took me not more than half an hour to finish both 28 and 29 yesterday. Lol. I don't think it's draggy at all. Because so much has happened between Si and SC and each and every incident has only made their bond stronger than ever. She started out hating him to the guts, then slowly started seeing his good side, they became friends, Si had a hard time conveying his feelings, misunderstandings happened and then he finally confessed, SC couldn't believe a guy like Si would like her, she started leaning towards him without knowing and took a brave step to give this relationship a go despite knowing how different their social statuses are....and now they are faced with an obstacle in the name of mom, and we all know that they overcome this as well. I don't usually like slow burn romances but it somehow works out here because of their differing personalities. It is not easy for two head strong people to be together. Lol. 

@kokodus yes! C dramas are always long like this. I also just skip the parts I am not interested in watching. But the one thing I like about C dramas is the way they depict mundane life. It feels more realistic that way and I enjoy seeing the main characters go about everyday life and slowly get to know each other and go through things together. It makes their relationship more believable and concrete IMO. I watched It Started With a Kiss and They Kiss Again and the C versions were much much longer than the Japanese and Korean versions but also so much more satisfying for me. I loved watching Zhi Shu and Jiang Xian Qin especially in season 2 because they did a good job of showing us what married life was like for them and how their relationship even deepened. It also allowed me to see Zhi Shu's character evolve and show how much he really treasured and loved Xian Qin. I actually preferred season 2 over season 1. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind more episodes of MG if we could get that. LOL but then again it wouldn't stay so true to the manga.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

hi again y'all! @feliset same manga fan here!! I'm SO SO happy a lot of the story line from the manga is now adapted! 

Ok so this week has been a roller coaster. 

LOVED:

- Shen Yue's acting. She was SO good in the necklace scene; I really felt for her :( I feel like she doesn't get enough love for her performance!

- Dylan/DMS. PUPPPPYYYY T_T 

DID NOT LOVE:

- They changed Xiao Zi's character....I liked it much better in the manga when she only had one weak moment and hugged Si, but then corrected her course right away and backed off. In this version she was expecting Si to use her as a rebound (and pretended to be relieved when he didn't), but in the manga she was actually *worried* he would use her again because she knew she wouldn't be able to take the hurt when he would eventually come back to SC. That to me is much more aligned with Xiao Zi's character. 

- They changed Lei's character too!! I know people were excited about the love triangle but it doesn't make sense to me how Lei is pushing things this far (esp. in the preview where he asked SC to turn her phone off for 48 hours. Like, what now?) His character is that he would always protect SC but without hurting DMS. I'm excited for this arc to be over and curious how they would resolve Lei-DMS's relationship now that it has somewhat crossed a line.

In other news, lots of cute previews for next week, SO EXCITED!!!

@insertusernamehere I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve this conflict as well. A part of me wonders if Lei is taking things this far to make SC and Si realize how much they truly like each other...

• Like 2

I missed it this week..

onto ep 28 - lol.. dude! just make this a BL already (pink train.. and with subs that bedscene became more hilarious)

Seriously, am i the only one fangirling darren/lei/both

and i can totally sense it that this version is just not going to give us Lei's side of the love story :(

so many PPLs resulting in so many useless scenes

by the way.. did they just take away ximen's arc of being in love with an older woman who liked his brother and gave it to Cansai girl (the other F4 love story.. who likes older man).. looks like no backstory and heartbreak for ximuen

And for each one of them telling each other, they are top students .. i want to know the ranking :)  who is 1 

also, really which subject does MBA and potential julliard guy have in common?

• Like 1

Ahhh! Did anyone else also only get ep 30 on Netflix today? Where's ep 31 and 32?! I'm dying here... I can't wait to get to 33-34 already! :bawling:

• Like 2

I'M SO MAD AND SAD RIGHT NOW THAT I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE NOW. Seriously my head is aching so much after seeing my puppies in pain. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EP 31, NETFLIX????? I was not even hoping that they would upload 32 today, but they didn't even upload 31, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I HAVE WORDS AND THEY ARE NOT NICE!!!!! @lan_lan please check and tell me how much behind Netflix is compared to the raws before I go insane and flip some tables here

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'M SO MAD AND SAD RIGHT NOW THAT I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE NOW. Seriously my head is aching so much after seeing my puppies in pain. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EP 31, NETFLIX????? I was not even hoping that they would upload 32 today, but they didn't even upload 31, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I HAVE WORDS AND THEY ARE NOT NICE!!!!! @lan_lan please check and tell me how much behind Netflix is compared to the raws before I go insane and flip some tables here

IM NOT READY FOR THAT DRUNK/CRYING SCENE yaaaaalll 

Is it ep 30 or 31 ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

IM NOT READY FOR THAT DRUNK/CRYING SCENE yaaaaalll 

Is it ep 30 or 31 ?

ep 30! Omg!! 

Spoiler

My heart broke for Si. My poor puppy is so sadand heart broken, when he broke down....Dylan is really great acting here. The breaking up scene with SC has me bawling too. So sad for them. And when he threw the necklace into the lake :(.... makes me cry. I feel so sad for them, SC looking for the necklace crying :(. Throughout their relationship, Si is more vocal and expressed more on their relationship. He is so mature now.

Why NF!!! Are they going to air ep 31?? My heart!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@rimjayc The crying scene is in ep 30 and I'm still in the middle of picking up the pieces of my broken heart. Let me tell you I was not ready for it as well, from the spoilers I saw, I thought we are going to see the light at the end of the tunnel in these last two eps of this week. But I don't see any light yet, it's still pitch dark and I can't see anything, I'm lost. Someone save me. This show is going to be the death of me, I swear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

First off. FU NF. I can’t believe this is the second week they’ve only released 5 episodes instead of 6 I  guess it’s good because it kinda lets us enjoy the show for a little bit longer but ugh. This is my first time posting so it’s going to be long lol. 

Lei, so idk what’s going on. Is he trying to help them? Or does he really love her? He straight told Si “I love SC” so that really threw me off. I always thought he was a big brother figure but sometimes the way he looks at her is more than big brother. I’d like for it to just be in the open on what’s going on. We know who SC picks based on the bus scene but what leads up to that? THIS TYPE A NEEDS TO KNOW!!! Maybe he genuinely does love her and realized he made a mistake way in the beginning by picking Jing over SC? But in upcoming episode clips you hear Lei talk about still liking Jing and wishing he didn’t leave?

where is the bus heading in the famous bus scene? Is it to the airport to go back to Jing and Lei was taking SC with him to maybe start over or to forget Si?

Si and the crying scene. Why god why. This drawn out process needs to be done and they just need to be together. The actors are honestly great at portraying a real life scenario if this were to happen. You feel for them and want to yell at people for them lol

ive never watched or read anything other than MG 2018 no BOF or past makes of the show so I’m just clearly speculating right now. 

All i I know is this show is pulling at my heart strings. It’s easily my first subtitle drama I’ve watched and literally my favorite show ever. 

We know the outcome after after the bus scene and I can’t even be happy knowing there’s an amnesia scene coming and it’s like they are all back to square one again. I did always wonder how in the world Si’ s mom would ever accept SC and I guess maybe the amnesia scene will be it?

monkey girl. I know she’s back and I watch only on NF ask I’ve just seen up to ep30. She’s somewhere to cause trouble. Ep32? Idc where it is as long as it’s before the bus scene. SC and Si need to be together. I know they are young and have a lot of outside favtors playing in their relationship status but darn, college was never that difficult for me or anyone I knew

ok thats it for now but im sure I’ll be back with more sadness until Wednesday at 10am EST when we get the next episodes here in the USA. 

Edited by Tabatha Bernier
Add more
  • Like 3

ep 30:

ah! the buildup to Lei challenging DS is completely lost in this version..

SC is really supposed to go through a lot of suffering to bring Lei to the point where he challenges DS.. but here we hardly saw SC's suffering.. 2 weeks ago they were bf-gf.. she decided on her own to leave without even discussing it with DS.. told him he is not worthy of him when poor him has been fearing that from the beginning (and still is so wary of lei because SC"s initial acceptance to DS means that lei or that type of man is what she considers worthy)

:(

oh.. just realized we have a scene in ending credits for the memory loss track..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

First off. FU NF. I can’t believe this is the second week they’ve only released 5 episodes instead of 6 I  guess it’s good because it kinda lets us enjoy the show for a little bit longer but ugh. This is my first time posting so it’s going to be long lol. 

Lei, so idk what’s going on. Is he trying to help them? Or does he really love her? He straight told Si “I love SC” so that really threw me off. I always thought he was a big brother figure but sometimes the way he looks at her is more than big brother. I’d like for it to just be in the open on what’s going on. We know who SC picks based on the bus scene but what leads up to that? THIS TYPE A NEEDS TO KNOW!!! Maybe he genuinely does love her and realized he made a mistake way in the beginning by picking Jing over SC? But in upcoming episode clips you hear Lei talk about still liking Jing and wishing he didn’t leave?

where is the bus heading in the famous bus scene? Is it to the airport to go back to Jing and Lei was taking SC with him to maybe start over or to forget Si?

Si and the crying scene. Why god why. This drawn out process needs to be done and they just need to be together. The actors are honestly great at portraying a real life scenario if this were to happen. You feel for them and want to yell at people for them lol

ive never watched or read anything other than MG 2018 no BOF or past makes of the show so I’m just clearly speculating right now. 

All i I know is this show is pulling at my heart strings. It’s easily my first subtitle drama I’ve watched and literally my favorite show ever. 

We know the outcome after after the bus scene and I can’t even be happy knowing there’s an amnesia scene coming and it’s like they are all back to square one again. I did always wonder how in the world Si’ s mom would ever accept SC and I guess maybe the amnesia scene will be it?

monkey girl. I know she’s back and I watch only on NF ask I’ve just seen up to ep30. She’s somewhere to cause trouble. Ep32? Idc where it is as long as it’s before the bus scene. SC and Si need to be together. I know they are young and have a lot of outside favtors playing in their relationship status but darn, college was never that difficult for me or anyone I knew

ok thats it for now but im sure I’ll be back with more sadness until Wednesday at 10am EST when we get the next episodes here in the USA. 

ep 32 raw is released.. subs available only till ep 30.. typically subs for last pair of episodes come out by Friday .. and by my clock in 3-4 hours from now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ep 32 raw is released.. subs available only till ep 30.. typically subs for last pair of episodes come out by Friday .. and by my clock in 3-4 hours from now

Thank you I’ll have to be on the lookout!

• Like 1