[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ho man the virgin domiyoji plot line always seemed so cute to me xD ( especialy with all the girls trying so hard to get to him lol )

I mean since he has always been awkward with females and never really was interested enough to go that far in ! It makes sense

but there that thing that in the manga ... the jap version and most of the old one 

the boys are in hightschool .. so its most likely to keep your Vcard there (pun intentedxD)

in this version tho ... everybody is in Uni ! Probably in their early 20s 

so im not that sure ... they didnt even hint at that first kiss with SC as being his first :/ 

still wouldnt mind really since what makes their love story wholesome is mainly that she was and will always be his one and only love

/// if i remember right they even have their first night in the manga  ( or almost ?)

Spoiler

f6f5a69b442c762b8ed79cbb04bf2234--hana-y087add50a2e83e8b43fd53ddc558a07d--couple3c53e86e74e488314572f3de1f534f97--lars-c8e1c66fc02422aae3b5a96d84d15d1e9.jpg

@rimjayc They definitely came very close in that scene.  It showed just how big of a growth Dimiyoji went through from the sexual harassment behavior at the beginning to the respecting her decision to stop here.

I just saw the meteor necklace kiss scene from 2001 in YT and I just love 2018’s recreation so much more.  The way Jerry and Barbie kissed was definitely hotter and more mature but I just love the sweetness and innocence of Dylan and YY’s kiss. It’s more fitting to the essence of the manga. 

OT but I can’t stop laughing at this scene of the F3 and Lei with his giant butcher knife. I love their shenanigans so much.

FC491_DE3-55_B6-4391-96_B7-_BC31_A30_EEC

okey guys since we are almost there and there basicaly few weeks till the big ending of MG2018 

i was really wondering what kind of ending we will have this time around 

or whats the closest one we would prefert to have ? 

Spoiler

i know we have some bts spoilers here and there with the otp being formale and probably suited for a wedding but there is always the possiblity of a dream or a plot twist again ?

if we follow the other versions ( at least the main big one , cuz god knows there is alot of versions xD) this is how they end

Spoiler

1.90348e7da1696877c40d6fcb4877949314407641

The anime ended with Doumyji & Shigeru departing on a ship to take a trip around the world after getting married on board the ship. Makino runs to the dock as the ship is leaving jumps across and climbs up the anchor to confront Doumyji and Shigerou about their marriage. Shigerou says it was a sham to prevent Doumyji's mother from keeping makino and Doumyji apart. She jumps overboard and is picked up by F3 and Doumyji and makino head off on an around the world cruise. 

2.]1374755139.jpg

The manga ended with Doumyji going to New York to take over for his father who collasped. He left after his high school graduation and Makino stayed in Japan to finish school and wait for him to come back in 4 years. he ask her to wait for him to comeback as the strong man he wants to become ,   because once he gets back he is never leaving her 

3. tumblr_inline_pb1frzsDeA1rq17u7_1280.jpg
HYD ( not the movie)ends with Makino missing the graduation ceremony and runs to the prom only to find everyone has left. she goes inside to a darken auditorium only to be confronted by Douymji demanding to know where she has been and why isn't she wearing the dress he broght her. he then confesses his love for her and proposes. Makino accepts his proposal and the light s come out fireworks go off and she discovers everyone is still in the auditorium. F3 comes out and they all dance and celebrate their engagement/graduation 

( later in the movies they manage to have a big wedding and a preganancy)

4.p1002392613a.jpg

Meteor Garden ends with the princess girl getting a bone marrow transplant and her cancer being cured,
Doumysi comes back to Taiwan and renounces his ties to the Doumysi family, he then goes to barcelona to find Shancai and tell her he has his memory back and he never stopped loving her, and that he only stayed with that other girl because she was dying and she had taken care of him when he lost his memory and had no money. He chases her down at her job as a tour guide and proposes to her once more, and she accepts. 

ep25_41.jpg?w=500&h=333

5. boys over flowers The drama ended with Goo Joon Pyo finding back his memory successfully. And JanDi made it into a medical college, proving to be a strong ‘weed’, together with Yoon Ji Hoo; So Yi Jung and Sung WooBin also had their own happy ending. 

the very ending is 4 years laters ! everybody is going on with their successful life ! 

and we have a cut with jihoo and jandi ( medial school?) a helicopter whizzes by overhead, and in great Gu Jun Pyo fashion, a voice comes out, asking for Geum Jandi’s presence by the ocean. Jandi treks down to the beach where she finds that it really is Jun Pyo. She almost can’t believe it.

and there the all waited proposal from Joon Pyo to JanDi, while the F3 all join them for a final  sweet moment ! end

credit for the resumes to rydangel @crunchyroll forum

34 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

okey guys since we are almost there and there basicaly few weeks till the big ending of MG2018 

Reveal hidden contents

i know we have some bts spoilers here and there with the otp being formale and probably suited for a wedding but there is always the possiblity of a dream or a plot twist again ?

if we follow the other versions ( at least the main big one , cuz god knows there is alot of versions xD) this is how they end

Hide contents

The anime ended with Doumyji & Shigeru departing on a ship to take a trip around the world after getting married on board the ship. Makino runs to the dock as the ship is leaving jumps across and climbs up the anchor to confront Doumyji and Shigerou about their marriage. Shigerou says it was a sham to prevent Doumyji's mother from keeping makino and Doumyji apart. She jumps overboard and is picked up by F3 and Doumyji and makino head off on an around the world cruise. 

2.]1374755139.jpg

The manga ended with Doumyji going to New York to take over for his father who collasped. He left after his high school graduation and Makino stayed in Japan to finish school and wait for him to come back in 4 years. he ask her to wait for him to comeback as the strong man he wants to become ,   because once he gets back he is never leaving her 

HYD ( not the movie)ends with Makino missing the graduation ceremony and runs to the prom only to find everyone has left. she goes inside to a darken auditorium only to be confronted by Douymji demanding to know where she has been and why isn't she wearing the dress he broght her. he then confesses his love for her and proposes. Makino accepts his proposal and the light s come out fireworks go off and she discovers everyone is still in the auditorium. F3 comes out and they all dance and celebrate their engagement/graduation 

4.p1002392613a.jpg

Meteor Garden ends with the princess girl getting a bone marrow transplant and her cancer being cured,
Doumysi comes back to Taiwan and renounces his ties to the Doumysi family, he then goes to barcelona to find Shancai and tell her he has his memory back and he never stopped loving her, and that he only stayed with that other girl because she was dying and she had taken care of him when he lost his memory and had no money. He chases her down at her job as a tour guide and proposes to her once more, and she accepts. 

ep25_41.jpg?w=500&h=333

5. boys over flowers The drama ended with Goo Joon Pyo finding back his memory successfully. And JanDi made it into a medical college, proving to be a strong ‘weed’, together with Yoon Ji Hoo; So Yi Jung and Sung WooBin also had their own happy ending. 

the very ending is 4 years laters ! everybody is going on with their successful life ! 

and we have a cut with jihoo and jandi ( medial school?) a helicopter whizzes by overhead, and in great Gu Jun Pyo fashion, a voice comes out, asking for Geum Jandi’s presence by the ocean. Jandi treks down to the beach where she finds that it really is Jun Pyo. She almost can’t believe it.

and there the all waited proposal from Joon Pyo to JanDi, while the F3 all join them for a final  sweet moment ! end

wait what! so in Manga Daoming Si and Sanchai were apart for 4 years?! I don’t like that ending at all :lol: but since Angie Chan is keen to follow the manga, I think she will follow this plot wherein they will be apart for 4 years before they reunited. nooo.. plus Daomingsi & Monkey girl got married on manga too?! omg I don’t care if it is only a set-up / fake, I still don’t like to see that scene. I only want to see a Sanchai- Daomingsi wedding -_- Altho again I think the fake wedding will happen because I saw a picture in IG where the monkey girl is wearing the wedding dress. again noooo..

And yes of all the adaptation, the Japanese live action has the best & satisfactory ending! It was really perfect. not to mention they weren’t separated for so long, I mean when Domyouji even went to new york plot, it only lasted for 1 year before they got to meet again

48 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

2.]1374755139.jpg

4.p1002392613a.jpg

ep25_41.jpg?w=500&h=333

I hope it ends with the Movie ending i love that.

15 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

wait what! so in Manga Daoming Si and Sanchai were apart for 4 years?! I don’t like that ending at all :lol: but since Angie Chan is keen to follow the manga, I think she will follow this plot wherein they will be apart for 4 years before they reunited. nooo.. plus Daomingsi & Monkey girl got married on manga too?! omg I don’t care if it is only a set-up / fake, I still don’t like to see that scene. I only want to see a Sanchai- Daomingsi wedding -_- Altho again I think the fake wedding will happen because I saw a picture in IG where the monkey girl is wearing the wedding dress. again noooo..

And yes of all the adaptation, the Japanese live action has the best & satisfactory ending! It was really perfect. not to mention they weren’t separated for so long, I mean when Domyouji even went to new york plot, it only lasted for 1 year before they got to meet again

I wont mind a 4 year time skip 

@rimjayc I think we can all agree that we need an ending like in the J-VERSION. Wedding plus a hint of little Si. My life would be complete. But I do wonder how he will even take care of a kid when he is still a kid himself. LOL. Also I want that first night scene from the manga. None of the versions had it but since Angie Chai said she is going to closely follow the manga, she ought to include that scene. Hahahaha. 

6 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@rimjayc I think we can all agree that we need an ending like in the J-VERSION. Wedding plus a hint of little Si. My life would be complete. But I do wonder how he will even take care of a kid when he is still a kid himself. LOL. Also I want that first night scene from the manga. None of the versions had it but since Angie Chai said she is going to closely follow the manga, she ought to include that scene. Hahahaha. 

I mean he will be gone for like 4 years so hopefully grows up? 

How did the manga end.

38 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I mean he will be gone for like 4 years so hopefully grows up? 

Yep, I also think a 4 year time skip will not be bad in this case. It helps the characters to grow and become slightly mature. But you know Dylan Wang is only 19 and he looks his age. There are times when I have really felt that he is the youngest among the group although you shouldn't be able to tell that because they are all supposed to be of the same age in the show. It doesn't help that his character is too childish at times, literally a 8 year old. Lol. So I can't bring myself to imagine him as a father and all but who knows, he will surprise me with his mature acting in the coming eps, he need to grow up and I know it will happen in the London arc. But for now I can't see it. LOL. But you know what, I like him as he is now, his innocence should be protected at all costs. Don't grow up, Si. 

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

I hope it ends with the Movie ending i love that.

I wont mind a 4 year time skip 

4 year time skip will do as long as Daomingsi will not be dating other women for that duration and will just focus on work :lol: but was it even mention in the manga if he saw other women when he was in new york? sorry haven’t read the manga, only watched the live versions

I have a feeling it will end like J version’s HanaDan season 2.  Time skip will most likely happen because the way they styled his hair from around this scene(in the trailer) made him look more mature and older somehow. 

Spoiler

F4_F350_E4-7700-4915-_AA44-4_BD6_E9_ED50

Followed by this closing number

Spoiler

BTW it’s really uncanny how much Dylan resembles the manga version. From body proportion to hair/face to clothing with the big coats and sneaker collection. 

48_BB9_BEF-4372-4_E2_E-9115-6_C41_B461_A

2 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@rimjayc They definitely came very close in that scene.  It showed just how big of a growth Dimiyoji went through from the sexual harassment behavior at the beginning to the respecting her decision to stop here.

TOTALY agree !

thats why i love the character of domiyoji the best .. he has one of the best positive growth in history of shojos !

———————————-

for that ending 

in a perfect world i would wish for a 1 to 4 years gap for domiyoji to growup and gain the respect he want from his mom as an indipendent man ! GO TO LONDON Make his dad (rip) and sister proud THEN Comes back for his girl ( without a real breakup just a longdistance relationship that would strenghten their bond even more) 

Theeeeeennn i would love for them to follow a hana yori dango (jap drama) plots finale 

> a very nice proposale

> f3 and friends being there happy and supporting (lei not lonely/sad hopefuly) 

>maybe a glimps at a prewed/fiance life 

>actual wedding !!!!!

>a baby or a hint at a future si wouldnt hurt

> mostly just for everybody to look happy and have closure 

( anything but the ending in the 2001 meteor garden lt the anime version ... those were just bad lol)

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

GIRL !!! we all wish to see more intimate DMS x SC scenes 

but lets not keep our hopes too high ( even if they said they are really trying to follow the manga closely) for a first night cut

i think its too pg13 for chinese TV ? 

I mean even their kisses are really just cute and solf 

DYLAN IS HOLDING UP AND WE ARE NOT HERE FOR IT (its his first drama and i understand tho xD he must get so shy )

ithink meteorgarden 2001 had the first night scene tho

34 minutes ago, clon_105 said:

how many episodes are? I thought there would be 24 only LoL 

I think there are meant to be 48? So we've hit the half-way mark? So much angst to go! Yaaaaaas it's will feed my black heart :ph34r:

This story is just nuts, it doesn't matter which iteration, or how many times I read, watch, re-watch, how problematic it is (in some ways) I will forever love this kind of story. *Sigh* I need to make an MV for these guys once it's all done, I haven't made one in over 10 years, or even write some fanfiction...less longer time. 

The only thing I would want from this story is a "What if" where they still end up together, i.e what if they did go their separate ways when they were young and then ten years later reconnected....with the chemistry Dylan and Shen Yue have, I would like to see them do this kind of story down the line in their careers. 

4 hours ago, rimjayc said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

2.]1374755139.jpg

4.p1002392613a.jpg

ep25_41.jpg?w=500&h=333

For me, I'd like a mixture of Korean version and Japanese version endings where Si goes to London to help out the company/finish his Master's degree/fully take the reins from his Mom, then returns to China after 4 years where we have a sweet proposal scene, followed by engagement life scenes and then a wonderful wedding with all the characters in attendance and everyone gets a happy ending/satisfying closure to their own stories/character arcs.  Bonus would be we get a nice honeymoon/wedding night scene, and then after their night of passion, final scene with Shan Cai and Si looking at the stars together just like when they first became a couple/decided to date. But I doubt that a wedding night scene will happen since they are keeping things pretty tame in this version. 

I really don't want the manga ending where Shan cai is just left waiting for Si's return. 

2 hours ago, rimjayc said:

TOTALY agree !

thats why i love the character of domiyoji the best .. he has one of the best positive growth in history of shojos !

———————————-

for that ending 

in a perfect world i would wish for a 1 to 4 years gap for domiyoji to growup and gain the respect he want from his mom as an indipendent man ! GO TO LONDON Make his dad (rip) and sister proud THEN Comes back for his girl ( without a real breakup just a longdistance relationship that would strenghten their bond even more) 

Theeeeeennn i would love for them to follow a hana yori dango (jap drama) plots finale 

> a very nice proposale

> f3 and friends being there happy and supporting (lei not lonely/sad hopefuly) 

>maybe a glimps at a prewed/fiance life 

>actual wedding !!!!!

>a baby or a hint at a future si wouldnt hurt

> mostly just for everybody to look happy and have closure 

( anything but the ending in the 2001 meteor garden lt the anime version ... those were just bad lol)

Yes-Great minds think alike!

50 minutes ago, clon_105 said:

how many episodes are? I thought there would be 24 only LoL 

According to all information I have seen, it's 48 episodes. 

34 minutes ago, redenzione said:

This story is just nuts, it doesn't matter which iteration, or how many times I read, watch, re-watch, how problematic it is (in some ways) I will forever love this kind of story. *Sigh* I need to make an MV for these guys once it's all done, I haven't made one in over 10 years, or even write some fanfiction...less longer time. 

I was thinking about making mvs myself too istg xD its been forever 

sometimes i just listen to a song and be like «  ho man the lyrics would suit a meteorgarden mv so good »

also please do write fanfics if you feel inspired

i wish we had more on the fandom

its like so rare to find hanadan fanfics that are good or entertaining

Archived