[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Okkk I gave in....i watched 26 raw @enigmatic_zephy Did you watch this epic bed scene with Si and Lei?? I'm sure you will love it. Lol. 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pcuefvuyfk1utfw96o2_500.gif

I want to know why he was grumpy for most of 26. Lol. And I so want to know what Shan Cai said to him right before that tie kiss....she definitely said something that made him dumbfounded. Lol. These two are definitely going on a lot of dates...LOL. Not at all complaining my blood sugar might have reached an new high....haha

lol.. ofcourse i did.. it was after that scene that i posted the earlier comment on the BL :P

dude they are hot as f.. SC stands no chance

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@kokodusRemember in the beginning how I said Netflix was behind by a good 15-20 minutes because of the inconsistent airing length of the live version?  Well since Netflix has kept up their daily 45 minutes segment, they've managed to catch up and surpassed the live version.  I noticed last week's episode 20 aired an extra 10 minutes that wasn't in the live episode 20.  I've already seen the live episode 26 and comparing it to where Netflix is at on episode 25 there should be a good 20+ minutes of footage that would be shown on Netflix to fill its 45 minutes that wasn't shown in the live episode.  I wonder if this has anything to do with its delay.  I hope they won't wait until Monday or worse Wednesday to upload or something.  

@rimjaycHappy to spread the cute :D

In the meantime here's more Dylan/MG related interviews while we wait.  It sounds like he's already got the next drama planned.

Bang on!.. even the subbed version has the complete scene with DM going over to SC's place and bringing her home.. but in the raw version, that entire arc was missing

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@kokodusRemember in the beginning how I said Netflix was behind by a good 15-20 minutes because of the inconsistent airing length of the live version?  Well since Netflix has kept up their daily 45 minutes segment, they've managed to catch up and surpassed the live version.  I noticed last week's episode 20 aired an extra 10 minutes that wasn't in the live episode 20.  I've already seen the live episode 26 and comparing it to where Netflix is at on episode 25 there should be a good 20+ minutes of footage that would be shown on Netflix to fill its 45 minutes that wasn't shown in the live episode.  I wonder if this has anything to do with its delay.  I hope they won't wait until Monday or worse Wednesday to upload or something.  

@rimjaycHappy to spread the cute :D

In the meantime here's more Dylan/MG related interviews while we wait.  It sounds like he's already got the next drama planned.

Bottom line, this guy is the next lee min ho..

BoF changed his destiny.. this will change his.. and i mean not just china famous but internationally super duper famous (i don't think there is any chinese actor who is crazy famous internationally.. japanese and koreans and even taiwanese are but chinese not there yet)

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Hmmn...I thought in manga he gets back together with Jing in the end? But yeah, in most of the drama versions, he's all alone. I would love to see Lei get together with Xiaozi character as i always thought they had a common ground to build on. I could really feel it in the Korean version. But chance of that happening is probably zero.

Hmm going by korean version, Jiang comes back to Lei wanting a romantic relationship but he doesn't yield.. they stay as friends

I think Lei's character is exactly that.. (either with losing parents backstory or autism in this case).. he gets attached emotionally very intensely and its not easy to move him on from there.. e.g. jiang is some 15+ yr crush

subs are out for 25.. and subs for 26 should be out in 15-20 minutes

9 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Now I know who to thank for this scene as well as the rest of the lovey dovey scenes. I like this director lol. And aw YY was feeling shy. 

New previews for next week. Looks like I will have to save them all to binge in one go on the weekend, because my heart won’t be able to take it after the sugar we got this week. 

Reveal hidden contents

Someone compiled all the scenes we’ve not seen yet from the MVs into one vid. 

I love watching them BTS they are soo cute. Honestly, Dylan is just too adorable, like he really gets into character and he just makes the scene amazing and gives you butterflies. :blush::love:

I am really looking forward to next week's episodes and see what will happen between the two of them. It's obvious Shancai is going to go through troubles because of the mother, but I hope we get that bus scene, where he's chasing the bus and she comes back to him.

@kokodus I don't have episode 26 on Netflix, too. That's the episode that I wanna watch. 

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

I want to see him in a Wuxia now his looks as a prince.. oh my. 

Trust me, after he succeed in this one. We'll see more of Dylan's acting and hopefully he gets to play in a Wuxia drama. :lol: I want him in like a hot CEO with his straight hair. He looks very very handsome with his straight hair.

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Omg @lan_lan You are my saviour!!! Thank you so much!!!! :heart:Also don't you think they are making him go topless many times more than normal?? LOL. 

You're welcome!  I've lost count of how many times already and there's more to come it seems.   Lucky us! Hahaha although he's not built like the typical korean or taiwanese actors, it's okay.  Fortunately for them Dylan's not shy so they really capitalized on him showing skin.  

@enigmatic_zephy No offense to his fans but I've always felt Lee Min Ho is overrated.  But for sure BoF blew him up out of this atmosphere internationally lol.  And BoF didn't even have the broadcasting benefit of Netflix back then.  So I can't even imagine what will happen to Dylan now that Netflix is shown all over the world.  I just hope he'll be able to manage his fame graciously and wisely.  Sometimes rising too fast could have it's downfall as well.

1 hour ago, lan_lan said:

You're welcome!  I've lost count of how many times already and there's more to come it seems.   Lucky us! Hahaha although he's not built like the typical korean or taiwanese actors, it's okay.  Fortunately for them Dylan's not shy so they really capitalized on him showing skin.  

@enigmatic_zephy No offense to his fans but I've always felt Lee Min Ho is overrated.  But for sure BoF blew him up out of this atmosphere internationally lol.  And BoF didn't even have the broadcasting benefit of Netflix back then.  So I can't even imagine what will happen to Dylan now that Netflix is shown all over the world.  I just hope he'll be able to manage his fame graciously and wisely.  Sometimes rising too fast could have it's downfall as well.

lol.. me too.. he is although i really liked him in his initial days.. however, i don't know how to put it nicely.. like he is charming as an actor but i don't find him handsome at all.. and heirs and dramas post that haven't given him a chance to shine as an actor.. shine as a celeb but not actor

BoF has been good to every DS in every adaptation.. and that's that.. i think Lei too.. has gained stardom in every adaptation.. the other is itazura na kiss :) 

and wel none of BoF folks have met their downfall (because of bad projects or poor acting or celeb status.. unless htey did sthg stupid in personal life)

Is Dylan mixed? He doesn't look like typical Chinese guys at all. He looks like Eurusia?? Boy he is tall and skinny!! He as DMX is so funny! Love when he is angry, sad, happy or childish. Love it when he told and punch SC friend exbf when they went on double date. Love Ximen stood up and give the guy a punch too. 

7 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yes- He's definitely still insecure about the Lei/Shan Cai relationship. I don't think that fully goes away until the very end of the drama when Shan Cai accepts his marriage proposal. (Hopefully we'll see that in this version)

Hmmn...I thought in manga he gets back together with Jing in the end? But yeah, in most of the drama versions, he's all alone. I would love to see Lei get together with Xiaozi character as i always thought they had a common ground to build on. I could really feel it in the Korean version. But chance of that happening is probably zero.

Thanks for sharing that. This director is working hard for the money! Thank you/ Xie Xie Ni Director!   I didn't realize that Si was Dylan Wang's debut role. Wow! He's doing a great job.  You can see the raw talent-once he has taken some acting classes and gotten more training, he'll really take off I think. Of course the whole cast are all newbies, so I appreciate that this director is really mentoring everyone. So many directors don't really do a good job when it comes to working with inexperienced actors. It's interesting to me how the role of Daoming Si is such a star making role for the actors that play him. I think for almost every version- Japan, Taiwan, Korea, and now this Chinese version, this has been the role that has put each actor to stardom. 

Yes- I agree with you. I'm sure this was an attempt to give Meizou story depth and for him to have obstacle to overcome. It was just very badly written. 

Yes, there are a lot of cute moments in this version.  I'm disappointed that we'll have to wait for a real confession from Shan Cai, since that is something that really bothers me in dramas when things aren't balanced in relationship, but I'm definitely along for the ride!

I'd love a proper confession of feelings from Shan Cai too. I hope that we get one eventually and that it is awesome!

Yes, there is another girl later on when Si has amnesia named Yesha. I'm praying really hard that her time on the drama will be relatively brief (just 2 or 3 episodes max), and not like Meteor Garden 2 where she was the whole drama. Please dramagods, make her time short! Don't drag it out!

Yes, hopefully in this version, Daomingsi will not fall for that random girl when he will have amnesia and it will be just 2-3 episodes just like in Japanese & Korean version. unlike the Taiwanese version which had the worst season 2, that was traumatizing  to say the least :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, marielou92 said:

Yes, hopefully in this version, Daomingsi will not fall for that random girl when he will have amnesia and it will be just 2-3 episodes just like in Japanese & Korean version. unlike the Taiwanese version which had the worst season 2, that was traumatizing  to say the least :sweatingbullets:

OMG! I know. I was literally frustrated in the Taiwanese version that Daoming Si lost his memories for a whole season. It was soo frustrating, like you didn't even get to see their love blossom at all. It just made you cried and felt hurt for Shancai, because she did everything to find him, while watching Lei help her but suffers. It was a heartbreaking season for the Taiwanese version for me.

I wasn't upset at the Japanese or Korean version. I was glad they made the amnesia short. It's a total of 48 episodes and I'm sure the amnesia is going to last a bit longer, but don't drag it out like the Taiwanese one. My fingers are crossed. 

10 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Remember in the beginning how I said Netflix was behind by a good 15-20 minutes because of the inconsistent airing length of the live version?  Well since Netflix has kept up their daily 45 minutes segment, they've managed to catch up and surpassed the live version.  I noticed last week's episode 20 aired an extra 10 minutes that wasn't in the live episode 20.  I've already seen the live episode 26 and comparing it to where Netflix is at on episode 25 there should be a good 20+ minutes of footage that would be shown on Netflix to fill its 45 minutes that wasn't shown in the live episode.  I wonder if this has anything to do with its delay.  I hope they won't wait until Monday or worse Wednesday to upload or something.  

Thanks for the update @lan_lan I just finished watching ep. 25 on Netflix and ep. 26 has not been posted on Netflix, so I think you are right  that  the Netflix episode content is now ahead of the live airing content and we won't see any episodes until whatever content  is shown in China first.  I guess we will have to wait until next Wednesday to see Ep. 26 on Netflix--aargh!  I do hope that this will be the last adjustment for Netflix schedule and that they won'r be ahead of China after this so we can go back to 6 episodes a week.

Ep. 25: Very disappointed for the Meizou storyline. I'm glad that the character is getting his own story, but gosh, do I find it boring. And I don't think this storyline is giving much insight into Meizou's character so far. If anything, we are seeing more into Caina's character. Was this storyline in the original manga?  Or is this something that the writers of the drama made up? I hate to say this but I hope this side story wraps up quickly.

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

OMG! I know. I was literally frustrated in the Taiwanese version that Daoming Si lost his memories for a whole season. It was soo frustrating, like you didn't even get to see their love blossom at all. It just made you cried and felt hurt for Shancai, because she did everything to find him, while watching Lei help her but suffers. It was a heartbreaking season for the Taiwanese version for me.

I wasn't upset at the Japanese or Korean version. I was glad they made the amnesia short. It's a total of 48 episodes and I'm sure the amnesia is going to last a bit longer, but don't drag it out like the Taiwanese one. My fingers are crossed. 

nooo I don’t want the amnesia part to last longer! hahaha. I want Daomingsi & Sanchai’s sweet scenes to last longer tho, hopefully its the reason why season 2 is longer :D cant get enough of these two! 

4 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

nooo I don’t want the amnesia part to last longer! hahaha. I want Daomingsi & Sanchai’s sweet scenes to last longer tho, hopefully its the reason why season 2 is longer :D cant get enough of these two! 

I'm sure we all want that. :D

14 hours ago, flameonyou said:

Hello guys. Sorry i just want to share my random thought here, because idk where else i can :lol: i was too young when MG 2001 came out and i only watched HYD and BOF. I can't not compare things so forgive me if it sounds annoying to the fans. Essay alert, not really accurate since i don't really remember the other versions plot so well. 

Reveal hidden contents

-I like the idea to remove all the bullying and showing off power/wealth things. It makes me easier not to cringe, unlike the other versions lol. 

- i like that no one is too cruel, or too creepy. It's more realistic because HYD and BOF problems were too much to handle for normal high school students. As if they're already sure it's their partner to get married with.  

- I like Lei the most compared to Jihoo and Rui. He was honest to SC that he still liked Jing. He even said to DMS' mom that he'd be SC's best friend forever. He's not an extreme guardian angel who popped up everytime Jandi was in danger like Jihoo, but still being there as best friend whom you can talk to. He always gave DMS and SC space to settle their problems. I love him! He deserved his best girl idk who it is. 

-I also like the friendship between F4 the most here. Xie Men and Micuo char is important for the relationship, i don't mind for their lacking bg story. 

- Do Ming Si looks, no need to explain, girls know it. Sanchai's face reminds me of Makino and her hair's like Jandi. She's cute at first but later i get annoyed by her character.

- yes because it frustates me everytime she said she doesn't like DMS, she always denied.

- it took her sooo long to finally accept DMS's heart after how many times DMS sacrificed his life for SC and dying of his own jealousy towards ton of guys confessed to SC lol. 

- the kor and jpn version made the fiancee appearance so miserable for Jandi/Makino character but here i really thing it's necessary to push SC. Even after the fiancee gave DMS up to SC, SC still denied it. The F3 "so done" reactions is me. I get that somebody said it's understandable, knowing DMS personality.

But how she didn't trust DMS after his mom announce the engagement was frustrating me. 

Compared to other versions, DMS here was the quickest who trusted to SC when the rumor spread (picture of SC slept with the club guy). Idk if SC here is strong or stubborn. 

- in other version i watched, the evil mom came after the two were together. But here, i'm still in ep 22, i think it's the start of their true relationship?

- It's really sweet when Domyouji encouraged Makino not to give his mom up easily, to win TOJ competition. That was really really hard how her family and friends were ruined because of the mom. While the cooking competition to SC was not related to DMS's mom at all, she almost gave up because of the competitor. She also took the challenge to pay her debt and for her own cook experience. It's realistic to me. 

- I'm still impressed by how JPN vers resolved the amnesia arc at the almost end. It's really beautiful how they were stucked in storm, reenacted the iconic elevator scenes. And here MG already used that snow scene in the middle of their normal fight, not for memorable event. 

-Despite how unrealistic it was, up until now the chemistry of Domyouji-Makino still wins for me :P

Idk if it will change after couple of episodes when SC opens her feeling to DMS. I hope in the next i see progression when she finally fight back to DMS mom, for her feeling to DMS, not only for her pride. 

I agree with everything you said!!!!!! I also felt that her standing up against mom is mostly because of her pride. I bet she would've done the same thing if it's Qing he's mom. LOL. I don't know...sighhh. I'll also hold the Japanese version high as of now because it gave me all sorts of feels and the ending was near perfect. LOL. This show has huge possibilities to surpass the J version if they give us an ending like that. Shan Cai is really frustrating at times, even though I kinda understand her. Atleast she is open to consider a serious relationship with him now. That itself is a huge step, I guess. But next week is going to be painful. The epic bus chasing scene....sigh, Shan Cai, the Noble idiot is going to appear, I can't even....I think it's more like cowardice. Tsk. 

@lan_lan wow even the scary house date is from manga.....amazing. I wonder why other versions didn't make use of this cute scene...tsk tsk. Was it there in the Taiwanese version???

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan wow even the scary house date is from manga.....amazing. I wonder why other versions didn't make use of this cute scene...tsk tsk. Was it there in the Taiwanese version???

I don't remember it being in the other version, too. Since they put it in here, I hope there are more surprises for us in the next coming episodes.

Has anyone seen episode 26 with english sub? I'm wondering if Netflix will put it up tomorrow. It's weird that it didn't come out today.

I think we will get 26 only on next Wednesday. Sighhhh. I should've waited till the show got over. I deserve this for being so impatient. I also blame Dylan Wang for this. 

________

Nose kisses are everything

tumblr_pcwcpqV1Qi1rzwtjbo2_500.gif

I swooooon whenever he is on screen. This is is definitely not good for my sanity. I was totally not ogling at Dylan Wang gifs during my lunch break. No. Nope. 

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

I agree with everything you said!!!!!! I also felt that her standing up against mom is mostly because of her pride. I bet she would've done the same thing if it's Qing he's mom. LOL. I don't know...sighhh. I'll also hold the Japanese version high as of now because it gave me all sorts of feels and the ending was near perfect. LOL. This show has huge possibilities to surpass the J version if they give us an ending like that. Shan Cai is really frustrating at times, even though I kinda understand her. Atleast she is open to consider a serious relationship with him now. That itself is a huge step, I guess. But next week is going to be painful. The epic bus chasing scene....sigh, Shan Cai, the Noble idiot is going to appear, I can't even....I think it's more like cowardice. Tsk. 

okay. I kinda noticed that you keep on hating on Shancai & her decisions hahaha

But I tell you what, she has reasons why she is that way. Remember that she is just FRESHMAN in college, still a kid for that matter, her family is poor, she is an only-child, Ah Si will be her first relationship so she’s inexperience.. Daomingsi is so self-assured, rich, handsome and just like what Sanchai said on episode 23, she still believe Ah Si to be extreme so I think she still a bit scared of him too (I wouldn’t blame her since Daomingsi is really a forceful guy :lol:)  so imagine how that makes Sanchai unconfident and insecure adding up  a very poweful tycoon for an enemy who she is aware that can make her life a living hell.  all of that makes her reasonably so helpless

21 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

okay. I kinda noticed that you keep on hating on Shancai & her decisions hahaha

But I tell you what, she has reasons why she is that way. Remember that she is just FRESHMAN in college, still a kid for that matter, her family is poor, she is an only-child, Ah Si will be her first relationship so she’s inexperience . Daomingsi is so self-assured, rich, and handsome so imagine how that makes Sanchai unconfident and insecure adding up  a very poweful tycoon for an enemy who she is aware that can make her life a living hell.  all of that makes her reasonably so helpless

Hahaha ok it's kinda true that I'm frustrated with her. But hate is a big word. I don't hate her. I understand all that you are saying. She is young and immature, I acknowledge that. And I absolutely understand all her difficulties. But as a girl myself, I should be more sympathetic of her, but you know as a girl it's in me to fall for swoony male leads more than female leads. Maybe it's jealousy/envy or something, idk. LOL. And this guy here has all qualities of a perfect boyfriend, except for the fact that he has a witchy mother. Haha. And the things he has done for her....don't make me list everything....you guys know it. LOL. Anyways I guess my point is that even though I understand her reasons, I guess I'm more sympathetic towards Si because when he is hurt, I can't help but feel the pain. I know I'm bad. LOL. 

@marielou92 not disagreeing with anything you’ve said, just want to share something I caught from episode 23. I had no idea so much time has gone by already lol. 

095927_E5-7242-4_BFD-_ADB6-83_E4_F79_A21

@kokodus that nose kiss was so cute!  I can’t differentiate between them and their characters anymore because it’s just so natural. 

Archived