[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

30 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

Really!!! Omg I hope they have that scene with the cookie!! That will make my day. Can't wait for tomorrow eps.

They definitely have that scene. I saw some spoiler pics yesterday. LOL. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, on a second watch, I think Shan Cai could have been a little gentle with him as well. I'm not defending Si's violent behaviour. He is wrong in just coming and ruining their reunion. But you know when he arrived, she could've just introduced him as her good friend or something instead of being plain rude to him. She wore that "you are annoying now get out of my sight" face when she saw him.  She could've at least smiled a little showing that he is happy to see him. After all that they have been through and all that he had done for her, if he was welcomed with such kind of rudeness, of course he would be mad. Sighhhhh. The problem lies with both Shan Cai and Si. I won't blame Si alone, he is willing to change but Shan cai is being a little too unfair in trusting everyone but him. She immediately trusted that Shunping guy and went with him but didn't even let Si explain his wrongdoings. 

22 hours ago, kokodus said:

I was going to say like Matsu Jun and Inoue Mao. Hehehe. I was so elated when I heard that they are dating in real life as well and are probably married by now but are not going public about it. Sighhhh. But it's ok my heart just filled when I knew that they took their romance off screen as well. It's too cute for words. But these two are too young, I'm just happy that their off screen relationship is as good as their onscreen one. They seem like besties. 

I had no idea they're really dating since I don't follow J celeb news.  That's amazing for their shipper fans!

21 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Did anyone read the manga? Is this newer version similar to the manga?? I dont remember the cooking competition in the Tawainese version or the Japanese version??? Also, do the F4 guys sing the osts?? The osts are good. And yesterday, I was rewatching a clip of Hana Yori Dango, and A flavor of Life song came on, where Domyouji told Makino that rhe flavor of life reminds him of the lousy cookie that she made, sigh one of my favorite moments of them! 

I don't remember cooking being in the manga either, I believe it's a new addition.  I love this because it gives Shancai life goals outside of the F4 circle.  She's quite smart in school too with being in the top 3 scorers in class.

11 hours ago, kokodus said:

You know, on a second watch, I think Shan Cai could have been a little gentle with him as well. I'm not defending Si's violent behaviour. He is wrong in just coming and ruining their reunion. But you know when he arrived, she could've just introduced him as her good friend or something instead of being plain rude to him. She wore that "you are annoying now get out of my sight" face when she saw him.  She could've at least smiled a little showing that he is happy to see him. After all that they have been through and all that he had done for her, if he was welcomed with such kind of rudeness, of course he would be mad. Sighhhhh. The problem lies with both Shan Cai and Si. I won't blame Si alone, he is willing to change but Shan cai is being a little too unfair in trusting everyone but him. She immediately trusted that Shunping guy and went with him but didn't even let Si explain his wrongdoings. 

Yeah I don't condone his immature reactions but to his credit he did hold it back as best as he could at the beginning when the classmates started dissing him first.  If Shancai had been a little nicer in asking him to leave maybe he wouldn't have thrown that tantrum.  That's the beauty of following their storyline because we'll see how much they'll grow from this by the end hehe.

It's hard to dislike or be mad at him for all his faults though because Dylan is just too cute in his portrayal.  I love when Daoming si is being petty and childish like this scene.  Comparing her to a frog, cow, and buffalo all in one sitting hahaha.  You know you can't resist her despite all that Ah Si!

tumblr_pcidv68ERz1xzctfeo2_540.gif

tumblr_pcidv68ERz1xzctfeo1_540.gif

tumblr_pcidv68ERz1xzctfeo4_540.gif

tumblr_pcidv68ERz1xzctfeo5_540.gif

tumblr_pcidv68ERz1xzctfeo6_540.gif

tumblr_pcidv68ERz1xzctfeo3_540.gif

Ohhh the pain. Its starting. The witch and the monkey girl has arrived to disrupt the lives of my precious puppies. Sigh. I'm so done with Shan Cai though, correct me if I'm wrong, but she was not this indecisive in other versions, was she??? Maybe I should help her by putting up a list of things Si has done for her to help her make the decision. But then again, no matter how much one does for you, the matters of heart can't be forced. I understand that. But the thing is she loves him. Everyone knows that except her. And it is really painful to see Si getting hurt because of her indecisiveness. It makes him feel pathetic. Idk.

The cookies were cute. Seeing him happy like that made my day. That scene when he kissed her is in the opening credits and I always thought it is after he proposed to her and the box he is holding has a ring. LOL. Who packs up cookies in a box like that??? Ohhh shancai.....LOL. 

Who else is supremely annoyed by Mom's voice??? They have casted a perfect cold stoned face actress for that role, but they failed in the dubbing department. LOLOL. For a character like that they should have a firm voice. It's soooo screechy that it comes off as comical. LOL. I can't even. When I saw the piano scene coming, I was a little excited, I loved that scene in all the versions, but for a second I got disappointed that Shan Cai knows how to play piano. LOL. Then they explained it later that she only knew that piece because Lei teacher  her once. But the way she confronted mom was soooo badass. Actually that whole sequence/scene was totally badass. I loved it. 

We have 28 more eps, that's a lot ok. Even if they prolong this arranged marriage with the monkey girl for another 10 eps and then the amnesia plot for like another 10 eps, we should have solid 8 eps dedicated only to their sweet lovey dovey greatness. Am I being too greedy??? LOL. 

@rosierosie All of their voices are dubbed. The F4 sang the opening credits song. For you~~~ You can distinctly pick out Dylan Wang's voice alone from the song. Hahahahaha. I won't comment on his singing talent but his voice is great and manly. And all of them has contributed at least one song to the OST. I like Connor's song, it's peppy and upbeat. Also Caesar's song. I think I like all the songs. LOL. 

I think they went back to their original schedule of 6 eps per week from Monday to Wednesday. It's killing me seriously. I think I'll watch the raws from next week, I can't wait till next Wednesday till Netflix uploads it. 

@lan_lan There was no cooking competition, but I remember there was some other similar competition in the J-version.

ok.. that bed scene with Lei and Si :P .. i got my BL right there!.. before jing called and ruined it for me

dubbed voices?? but its their own voices right?

this drama is going to be the best version ever!.. 

the japanese version had some sort of miss beauty queen competition instead of the cooking competition and the four boys impart their skills to her for her talent and other rounds.. in the end she plays the piano , charms everyone, wins the title, is dressed up in princess frock and waltz with each of the f4 .. all in white.. b'ful

the more i recall different adaptations, the more i end up disliking korean version.. it is so stupid.. and the lead actress was just so darn bad

i need some hwaza lei videos.. any mV suggestion from other versions?'

***************Did this manga ever get its own anime?

also is it just me or dylan and jackson from got 7 look alike?>

@kokodus oh lord I hope we don't get stuck with 10 eps of amnesia.  It's amazing how this story consists of all the tropes I hate the most in the world of storytelling (love triangle, noble idiocy, amnesia) and yet I can't help but love it anyway.  When I first watched the previews of episode 20 and saw DMS's mom slowly appearing on screen, I was like ooooh she's scary... then she spoke and I nearly fell out of my chair at the voice.  I was expecting a deep and mature sounding person lol.  No offense but whoever was in charge of selecting the voice actors for this show's dubbing did a terrible job.

As for Shancai at this point, in her defense, I can empathize with where she's coming from.  She's never been in love, if anything this seems to be the first time she's ever heavily crushed on a guy (Lei in the beginning), so I forgive her for being slow on the uptake with realizing her feelings.  Up until the gang beating, DMS was so bipolar in his behaviors with her that it's a miracle she's finally come to realized she's beginning to like him now.  Then as luck would have it, just as this happens, here enters the domineering mother.  The woman used wealth and status to put Shancai down upon first meeting, then used money to try and buy her off, and finally forced her to witness a marriage meeting of her son.  It's a lot to handle for a young girl.  And based upon the reactions of Shancai and her parents after Si's mother visited them, you can see they're people of good moral values who has pride in themselves.  It was highly insulting.  I was imagining if this situation happened to me, with a guy whom I've just started in the early stages of affection, the stress of that would have me running away too. (Can you imagine having her as a MIL? *cringe*)  

Then we have the "fiance" whom from Shancai's pov seems to be the perfect match for someone of Si's status, in wealth and appearance.  (I'm low-key mad these people made her develop self esteem issues when as a viewer I think she's got much going on for herself)  On top of that the girl's friendly and outgoing towards her.  With Shancai's softhearted nature, she can't possibly dislike her.  So I can understand her helping to push them together because she thinks she's doing good for Si.  

But since we all love his character so much, it is heartbreaking to see him hurt from her decision, so you're not the only one I've seen being mad at Shancai.  Many people are lol.  Because how can anyone possibly hurt this poor puppy who was so happy to eat terribly baked cookies like it's the best thing he's ever tasted in his life?

tumblr_pcggt3lBcQ1xzctfeo4_400.gif tumblr_pcggt3lBcQ1xzctfeo3_400.gif

tumblr_pcggt3lBcQ1xzctfeo2_400.gif tumblr_pcggt3lBcQ1xzctfeo1_400.gif

cred: bluemallowz on Tumblr          

I agreed so much with your points!! I forgot he have a fiance that his mom picked for him, I'm already dreading the struggles that DMS and SC will face now that Mama Daoming is in the picture. Well I like how DMS stood up to his mama, and protect SC. More heartbreaks are coming, but it will be all worth it. Yeah the mom voice is too young. Love that back hug!!! SC needs to hurry up and realized her feelings for him. Awww the cookies <333!! 

edit: lmao DMS selfie with the cookies and Mama Daoming got flour poured on her head lol.

@rosierosie I'd forgotten a lot of the extra plot details too since it's been such a long time that I've seen this story so it's nice to be surprised again. Although, I accidentally came across a long teaser preview for next week's episodes 21-26 and sort of spoiled myself.  Despite the oncoming angst, it seems they will still balance it out with some sweetness.  

That back hug was a welcomed surprise.  I thought they had spoiled us with all the sweet scenes in the trailer but thankfully they haven't.

BTW if anyone here has Apple Music or Spotify, you can enter this into search 流星花園音樂專輯 and the officially released OST should be available for listening.

Poor guy had to do this kick in the face so many times lol

She's so small lol

Spoiler

37854345_475305056229450_528554871337936

I just watched ep 20 and DMS is going to date the other girl :(. Hardships is here sigh. I hope they dont drag the fiance storyline and the amnesia so we can have lots of sweet and lovely moments for our OTP. 40ish episodes is so long. But we are halfway! 

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

totally agree 100% i think Shan Cai needs to change more then Si.

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

the japanese version had some sort of miss beauty queen competition instead of the cooking competition and the four boys impart their skills to her for her talent and other rounds.. in the end she plays the piano , charms everyone, wins the title, is dressed up in princess frock and waltz with each of the f4 .. all in white.. b'ful

I think i prefer the JP beauty competition over the cooking one sounds nice ;p

3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I agreed so much with your points!! I forgot he have a fiance that his mom picked for him, I'm already dreading the struggles that DMS and SC will face now that Mama Daoming is in the picture. Well I like how DMS stood up to his mama, and protect SC. More heartbreaks are coming, but it will be all worth it. Yeah the mom voice is too young. Love that back hug!!! SC needs to hurry up and realized her feelings for him. Awww the cookies <333!! 

edit: lmao DMS selfie with the cookies and Mama Daoming got flour poured on her head lol.

I love struggle's and heart ache which leads to stronger love im a sadist? 

1 hour ago, lan_lan said:

@rosierosie I'd forgotten a lot of the extra plot details too since it's been such a long time that I've seen this story so it's nice to be surprised again. Although, I accidentally came across a long teaser preview for next week's episodes 21-26 and sort of spoiled myself.  Despite the oncoming angst, it seems they will still balance it out with some sweetness.  

That back hug was a welcomed surprise.  I thought they had spoiled us with all the sweet scenes in the trailer but thankfully they haven't.

BTW if anyone here has Apple Music or Spotify, you can enter this into search 流星花園音樂專輯 and the officially released OST should be available for listening.

Poor guy had to do this kick in the face so many times lol

She's so small lol

doesnt help that hes so tall ;p

Sorry for triple post normally they merge together ;p 

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

I just watched ep 20 and DMS is going to date the other girl :(. Hardships is here sigh. I hope they dont drag the fiance storyline and the amnesia so we can have lots of sweet and lovely moments for our OTP. 40ish episodes is so long. But we are halfway! 

we still got time dont worry we need some heartache along the way. 

I'm so annoyed with SC too bc she should have realized by now that DMS sincerely likes her and cares for her. It blows my mind when they were together after they ran away from his bday party, and he asked her if she has any feelings for him (not directly though) and she acted like she doesnt know. Now, it is SC turn to chase after DMS. I am awaiting this part because Lei is going to be the one that is there for her and this will showcase their friendship. I like how this Lei knew that SC likes DMS and he backed off, and now he is there for his friend, SC. This is similar to the Lei in the Tawainese version, if I'm not mistaken.

Watching episode 19 i had my hands across my face when she knocked over the table, oh lord the cringe of knowing the mum was going to enter then ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The song playing throughout the scene when Si's mum is interacting with SC was a great a choice. I love what SC was saying about class and having a honest heart and SI defending his girl. When he said my life is you :wub::wub::wub::wub: which was then followed by the backhug :wub::wub::wub: Then him thinking some burnt cookies are the best gift ever is so damn adorable i take it that's because he was never this close with a girl before and other girls most likely bought him expensive stuff but these cookies are personal and then the kiss was so damn cute . Lei eating the cookie with that cute smile and he seemed to enjoy it ;p 

OMG when SC mother threw that flour over SI mum i nearly died i was not expecting that oh my god. Then SC dad pretend's to throw another one saying wash it off . I really cant deal with this episode its amazing.

Episode 19 was the best episode so far for me it had everything , sorry for my rambling here ;p

33 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I'm so annoyed with SC too bc she should have realized by now that DMS sincerely likes her and cares for her. It blows my mind when they were together after they ran away from his bday party, and he asked her if she has any feelings for him (not directly though) and she acted like she doesnt know. Now, it is SC turn to chase after DMS. I am awaiting this part because Lei is going to be the one that is there for her and this will showcase their friendship. I like how this Lei knew that SC likes DMS and he backed off, and now he is there for his friend, SC. This is similar to the Lei in the Tawainese version, if I'm not mistaken.

I dont think she acting like she doesnt know more like she doesnt know her own feelings, i think she knows how SI feels. 

Good News!

Netflix just released the worldwide airing schedule, so if your country's Netflix is not already showing the drama, it should be available soon. Except for Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Those 3 countries the drama is liscensed to different networks. 
https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/meteor-garden-coming-to-the-world

I have observed that they have revive many scenes from the previous Taiwanese version of Meteor Garden like the throwing of flour over Ah Si’s mom then the bus chasing scene.. I just really hope that they will not drag the amnesia part.. and I’m really worried that they will revive the Yesha-Daomingsi arc :tears:  

please gad I hope Yesha will not exist in this Meteor Garden 2018, that season 2 of Taiwanese version is the worst because Daomingsi fell really hard for Yesha  :angry:

8 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ok.. that bed scene with Lei and Si :P .. i got my BL right there!.. before jing called and ruined it for me

the more i recall different adaptations, the more i end up disliking korean version.. it is so stupid.. and the lead actress was just so darn bad

Did this manga ever get its own anime?

Then you’re going to love episode 19’s bedscene hehehe. I love their friendship in this version and also “Lei the furnace” in the Canada episode. 

Jandi was just so crass and unbearable. This Shancai has like a quiet strength to her that comes out when the moment counts.  Like her talking back to the thugs before Si came and now during the piano scene that was so badass to me. 

There is is an anime version:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/106/Hana_yori_Dango

30 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

I have observed that they have revive many scenes from the previous Taiwanese version of Meteor Garden like the throwing of flour over Ah Si’s mom then the bus chasing scene.. I just really hope that they will not drag the amnesia part.. and I’m really worried that they will revive the Yesha-Daomingsi arc :tears:  

please gad I hope Yesha will not exist in this Meteor Garden 2018, that season 2 of Taiwanese version is the worst because Daomingsi fell really hard for Yesha  :angry:

I cant accept Daomingsi falling for anyone else other than Shancai. 

Archived