[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

41753641_1084808445004247_61541235493442

Look at his panda top. It’s SO cute. SQUEEE! I’m gonna die!!!! 

I’ve just spent the past two hours looking through Dylan Wang photos for my new profile pic (I’m sorry Guan Hong, you just weren’t cutting it), and I’m not even ashamed. Literally the BEST use of two hours of my life. Wahahahaha 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve never seen the Japanese HYD, but I just watched this clip of it and  OMG I nearly died laughing. He’s exactly Doumyoji from the manga! Haha.

I got the video link from here: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/ddramatards.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/my-top-1o-favorite-domyouji-moments/amp/

The writer makes HYD sound so funny (so HYD is now firmly on my ‘to watch’ list). It appears they make Tsukasa/DMS more of a prize dolt, and I’m also really curious to see what I will make of Makino, as I wasn’t 100% happy with SC.

I feel like there hasn’t been as much analysis of SC in this thread, but this is my take: I loved her with DMS (not just love, but LOVE LOOOOVE), and she was super cute BUT I didn’t like her character a lot of the time, and I certainly didn’t feel like she had a very wilful or strong personality (especially when they made her falter again so close to the end in the hunger strike arc). Her character seemed mainly passive, inactive and nice (boringly so), so when they tried to make her simultaneously feisty it seemed (to me) like she was just being difficult and stupid. 

I don’t remember finding Makino in the manga as annoying as I found SC. I think she was actually quite funny, and she definitely wasn’t too nice (she wasn’t nice to the girls at school who were rude to her, and they ended up being scared of her). And hmm, other things... *goes away to think some more. Such deep thoughts. Haha*

9 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I’ve never seen the Japanese HYD, but I just watched this clip of it and  OMG I nearly died laughing. He’s exactly Doumyoji from the manga! Haha.

I got the video link from here: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/ddramatards.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/my-top-1o-favorite-domyouji-moments/amp/

Thank you for the link!

It brings back all the memory of HYD

You need to read the manga and the japan version indeed, Season 1, Season 2 and the movie. 

And yes, Tsukasa in manga is sometime stupid and clueless and Jun Matsumoto can convey it great. maybe because the speak in the same langauge. I just found that the stupidity of Tsukasa is hilarious in the drama. The top 10 moments makes me want to watch it again.

Tsukasa in japan version is best on the stupidity but in MG2018 is best on the childishness :D 

So I have my dilemma to chose which one is best

I love Makino in japan version, not only she is cute but can portray it very well. The way she shout 'Unbelievable'  out of loud and kicking the wall when she frustrated is so much like Makino in manga :D

Makino Tsukshi played by Inoue Mao is one of the feistiest heroine I have ever seen. She really does live up to her name "tough weed". You needn't think hard on why a guy like Tsukasa would fall her. Haha. In this version, they kept that inherent bold nature of the character, and I really did applause when Shan Cai confronted mom multiple times. But the problem with her for me is her indecisive nature. Sometimes I thought she was too fickle minded. Maybe she was just not brave enough...which goes against her character trait. Sigh.  But she was still better than Jandi anyways. Lol. 

-------------

I think it's kinda confirmed that Didi and YueYue are going to be in two variety shows together. One is 24 hours where other hotties like HYT and Dylan Xiong are also going to be present. Will there be a love triangle between HYT, Didi and YueYue?? LOLOL. I did love Jiang Chen and XiaoXi but my heart goes to Dyshen now. LOL. Another one is called Dear Inn, I think SY is just going to be a special guest in this one, I'm not sure. Nothing is confirmed yet. But I'm definitely excited to see them together. Heck I don't even watch variety shows....the things I do for my ship....tsk tsk. 

29 minutes ago, kokodus said:

think it's kinda confirmed that Didi and YueYue are going to be in two variety shows together. One is 24 hours where other hotties like HYT and Dylan Xiong are also going to be present. Will there be a love triangle between HYT, Didi and YueYue?? LOLOL. I did love Jiang Chen and XiaoXi but my heart goes to Dyshen now. LOL. Another one is called Dear Inn, I think SY is just going to be a special guest in this one, I'm not sure. Nothing is confirmed yet. But I'm definitely excited to see them together. Heck I don't even watch variety shows....the things I do for my ship....tsk tsk. 

OMG! I’m so excited to see them together again! :wub:  Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Hoooooo. :phew:

After all that stuff came out about HYT, especially him saying SY is not good looking, I can’t really bring myself to fan girl him. I still love him in ALSB though. I do know that Dylan’s image is probably more tightly controlled, so he has less chance than HYT to mess up (there was so much more riding on MG in terms of sponsorship and international audience), but he seems genuinely adorable and doesn’t give off an arrogant or sleazy vibe. I mean, this smile, this guy,

LOOK AT HIS SMILE AND CRY

38013180_1669017999887213_89330658214045

haha. 

Also, I’m new to this idol scene, but I get the impression idols are not allowed to date and they have to be really careful to keep their image ‘pure’ for fans. (I know Chinese fans expect their celebs to be upstanding too, but there isn’t the same strictness) 

My question is, is Dylan meant to be the equivalent of a kpop idol, since the programme he was discovered on was called super idol or something?

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

I think it's kinda confirmed that Didi and YueYue are going to be in two variety shows together. One is 24 hours where other hotties like HYT and Dylan Xiong are also going to be present. Will there be a love triangle between HYT, Didi and YueYue?? LOLOL. I did love Jiang Chen and XiaoXi but my heart goes to Dyshen now. LOL. Another one is called Dear Inn, I think SY is just going to be a special guest in this one, I'm not sure. Nothing is confirmed yet. But I'm definitely excited to see them together. Heck I don't even watch variety shows....the things I do for my ship....tsk tsk. 

Oh I can't wait for the broadcast and the sub please!!

Cuz I miss my OTP :wub:

@cantbreathe I'm not sure whether Dylan has that kind of fanbase that K-pop idols have here. He can be called an idol I guess. Whatever it is, I don't think chinese fans are as nosy as Koreans when it comes to their idol's personal life. LOL. They don't seem to mind who they are dating let alone oppose it. Haha. Anyways, Didi and YueYue are both so young, so I thinks they should concentrate on their work more as of now. I will be a happy shipper if they just show us from time to time that they are still best buddies. Haha. 

I hope they upload and sub full episodes. My fangirl heart is desperate to watch those variety shows LOL. 

Awww Didi's smile :wub:

Same here. I still want both of them to be the brightest stars that they can be in the biz. Just wishin DyShen are able to keep their friendship. And then one day, our ship can hopefully sail. Tho I don't mind if they decide to date or are already secretly dating at this point LMAO

20 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Also, I’m new to this idol scene, but I get the impression idols are not allowed to date and they have to be really careful to keep their image ‘pure’ for fans. (I know Chinese fans expect their celebs to be upstanding too, but there isn’t the same strictness) 

My question is, is Dylan meant to be the equivalent of a kpop idol, since the programme he was discovered on was called super idol or something?

Chinese fans aren't as non forgiving when it comes to dating as korean fans. Like when Luhan announced his gf to the world, it broke Weibo, because it was huge news. Some fans dropped off, but most people got over it. Song Weilong who is about the same age as Didi was also dating his co-star, but they broke up or something. It's just entertainment gossip, not exactly considered scandals in China. 

On 9/19/2018 at 6:46 PM, kokodus said:

Makino Tsukshi played by Inoue Mao is one of the feistiest heroine I have ever seen. She really does live up to her name "tough weed". You needn't think hard on why a guy like Tsukasa would fall her. Haha. In this version, they kept that inherent bold nature of the character, and I really did applause when Shan Cai confronted mom multiple times. But the problem with her for me is her indecisive nature. Sometimes I thought she was too fickle minded. Maybe she was just not brave enough...which goes against her character trait. Sigh.  But she was still better than Jandi anyways. Lol. 

-------------

OMG I am so happy to found this thread :wub: I love this couple and this drama... 

But can I do a question? 

How will be airing this two variety show? There will be a chance to watch it on web? I hope so for who like me is an international fan.... 

I've watched most of the HYD adaptions and I must say this one is charming and with more episodes to work with i feel that they will give us more storylines which i also felt was missing from the japanese version. I just started binge watching this version. I'm really enjoying the story. I actually forgot most of it so i'm really enjoying the story.

I was rewatching my favourite episodes 32-35 again last night and it still gave me all the feels!!!! :rolleyes: I’m so high! Nothing like that period when they’re dating happily! Dylan Wang has a really expressive face, and, apart from his youth, you can’t really tell this is his first acting role. I think I’m going to watch this show forever. 

I can't get over this drama as well. I keep rewatching over and over. It doesn't help that this show has SOOOOOOOO many cute moments. Sighhhhh. Moving on is a myth. If had to get bored of this story I wouldn't even started this version in the first place. LOL. 

I still can't get over as well! Although I haven't rewatched the whole series yet, I keep on repeating my fave scenes, literally everyday! If only they can be in another drama or at least a sequel STAT! My day won't be complete if I don't check feeds regarding my lovies, especially Didi! And everyday, I am loving Didi more and more. He is such an extremely good-looking, smart, witty and straightforward guy! LMAO

Hey guys, silent lurker  here but just had to post this!!

Not for hardcore dyshen shippers

Spoiler

I think didi is low key hitting on this girl LOLZZ

https://www.instagram.com/p/BomURStA-Nf/?hl=en&tagged=meteorgarden

15 minutes ago, budzy90 said:

Hey guys, silent lurker  here but just had to post this!!

Not for hardcore dyshen shippers

Hide contents

I think didi is low key hitting on this girl LOLZZ

https://www.instagram.com/p/BomURStA-Nf/?hl=en&tagged=meteorgarden

This is actually out of topic. This thread is to discuss about Meteor garden. We can of course talk about the actors involved and such but their personal life and who they are hitting on is totally irrelevant here. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but coming to a drama thread and posting about the main lead hitting on some other girl is not nice. Of course there are bound to be shippers in the thread who ship him with Shen Yue, it will definitely erupt an unnecessary fanwar. 

On 9/25/2018 at 4:54 AM, songkikyo103117 said:

I still cannot move on from Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai. Dylan Wang for me is the best who portray DMS. I hope they will do the remake of Devile Beside You.

Besides the original DMS from the Japanese version Dylan did an excellent job.

I loved DMS's childish manner when it comes so anything Shan Cai related. However all through the childishness he has a heart of gold and a smart person. I'm so glad he had friends to help him and knew when to help when the time came.

Also loved the secondary love lines. Very sweet. Although not everyone has lucky in love they didn't give up.

Side Note. I really like Devil besides You and wouldn't mind a remake.

Archived