[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@myinnerbattles

in the video, the group is being interviewed for their musical. Their responses are short and a little awkward. It must have been an impromptu one because they weren’t prepared and gave one line answers that trail off hoping some other would continue. They were very polite and careful with what they said to not offend anyone.

in the last bit, they were asked to summarize what they thought of each other..and give each one a label.

Dylan was the tiger of the group, being the cool cat and the noisiest; also one who deserves to be beat up most.

Ceasar was the mouse (? if I got it right haha), makes himself look good particularly to the opposite sex.

Darren was the silly one, often sleeps and hardly knows what’s is going on.

the last two were the ones totally out of it and don’t know this from that with Connor being the giraffe of the group and Yue being the cutie pie.

but what had me grinning was Dylan’s first impression of Yue - he said he found her pretty and went on a short rant about how on earth was it possible to have a girl so beautiful. 

Such a sweet talker...

34 minutes ago, rocat said:

@myinnerbattles

in the video, the group is being interviewed for their musical. Their responses are short and a little awkward. It must have been an impromptu one because they weren’t prepared and gave one line answers that trail off hoping some other would continue. They were very polite and careful with what they said to not offend anyone.

in the last bit, they were asked to summarize what they thought of each other..and give each one a label.

Dylan was the tiger of the group, being the cool cat and the noisiest; also one who deserves to be beat up most.

Ceasar was the mouse (? if I got it right haha), makes himself look good particularly to the opposite sex.

the last two were the ones totally out of it and don’t know this from that with Connor being the giraffe of the group and Yue being the cutie pie.

but what had me grinning was Dylan’s first impression of Yue - he said he found her pretty and went on a short rant about how on earth was it possible to have a girl so beautiful. 

Such a sweet talker...

@rocat thank you for giving us an idea of what was going on! I was dying to know because they all look so shy and so cute. I love how short SY is and how she has to look up to the boys because of the height difference. They are sooooo adorable being so polite, good little kids! LOL

It made me squeal when you said that Dylan went on a short rant about how he found SY pretty and how on earth it was possible to have a girl so beautiful.. gaaaahh!!! Just date IRL already!!! 

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

Well said @mouse007 I like my passionate kisses but the sweet chaste kinda kisses here makes me squeal more. Like I was really looking forward to that cheek kiss because it's in the trailers and MVs and I thought they really looked happy, sweet and chummy.  I always love how he bends forward to meet with her eyes. The best part about the height difference, I don't care about his back and neck muscles but that really is a very cute gesture. But it was a bittersweet moment in the show, like he knew it was his last moment with her, it broke my heart. Sighhh. 

@kokodus I love it too when he bends down to look at her eyes.. I think in a way it also symbolizes how willing he is to go down to her level (her world). So sweet! 

and yes, the sweet chaste kisses kill me too! I think it's the build up, the anticipation for those precious sweet moments!

Just saw this pic on Twitter.. aren't they all so cute? Look at how cute Didi is posing, slightly bending towards SY and her smile! I thought all of them look so good in this one. :love:

And this one... I DIED! How adorable is this video and Angie Chai chimes in too..LOLZ

@mouse007

They were asked about singing abilities and that they shld point to who they thought sang best at the count of 3.

think Yue and Ceasar were pointing at each other. 

Dylan was sorta self-deprecating about his singing abilities but Yue came to his defense and said he raps well. Aww.

He did say that she was cute but he said it in an exaggerated way to annoy her LOL still super cute though!

He was saying it in a joking way. In an earlier interview he said his first impression of her, he couldn't remember to tease her. She actually has a lot of haters who bash her for her looks online in China. They all say she doesn't have a memorable looking face, like you'd meet her, but pass her by on the street, because she's so ordinary. He seems to really like to tease her about that. I've also noticed that this show took a lot of what people use to bash her online into the script...poor Shen Yue :(

Netflix Japan is kind of slow on the subbed episodes, she hasn't reached the Caina/Terrence arc yet, might shed a tear or two over that

4 minutes ago, rocky689 said:

He was saying it in a joking way. In an earlier interview he said his first impression of her, he couldn't remember to tease her. She actually has a lot of haters who bash her for her looks online in China. Their all say she doesn't have a memorable looking face, like you'd meet her, but pass her by on the street, because it's so ordinary. He seems to really like to tease her about that.

Wait, then all the girls in the road in china looks as pretty as SY that its almost ordinary???  Well colour me surprised, i didn't know China has only beautiful women walking in the roads. I can't believe this, she is hella pretty and adorable to my eyes. I don't know what richard simmons these people are talking about. 

19 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Wait, then all the girls in the road in china looks as pretty as SY that its almost ordinary???  Well colour me surprised, i didn't know China has only beautiful women walking in the roads. I can't believe this, she is hella pretty and adorable to my eyes. I don't know what richard simmons these people are talking about. 

8 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@rocky689 poor SY.. I think she's super cute and I'm surprised people would call her ordinary. Maybe just jealous that she's been cast with very handsome guys so there's a lot of bashing going on. 

Yea, I find her very cute, but I guess it's just more what they are conditioned to seeing from their actresses. Like she wouldn't fit into historical or fantasy roles, but I think she's perfect for these modern idol dramas.

2 hours ago, rocat said:

@myinnerbattles

Such a sweet talker...

I thought it was super cute that they were standing so close to one another. They seem to genuinely like each other’s company which is nice. However they seem disappointed with their performance in the musical.. and also tired/did not seem keen to talk about the musical. Poor puppies! I thought they did well especially given how green they are. 

me still stuck at ep 30.. haven't moved forward.. how are they treating my lei.. did baby cry a lot?

Not being mean, but even i think she is quite ordinary to look at..

i don't know how much generalization can be done, but when i look at chinese girls at restaurants, buses.. just wherever.. damn! they are pretty.. too too too pretty

i think china and this iran-afghan-pakistan-kashmir muslim belt. are two places full of beauty.. like every girl is pretty.. specially the original muslims.. both men and women.. drop dead gorgeous

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

me still stuck at ep 30.. haven't moved forward.. how are they treating my lei.. did baby cry a lot?

lol 

It is hard to move past the next episodes when you're a Lei shipper. le sigh. our poor baby.

On another note

I balled my eyes out at Ep 41. OMG guys I had  just put on eye cream AND a puffy panda eye mask and proceeded to ugly cry during the hot pot scene. I knew it was coming from the comments on here BUT I didn't realize how hard it would hit me even AFTER I knew it was coming. 

Lei, I keep being torn by him. Is he acting, is he playing, is it a ruse to get DMS and SC together? In BoF JiHoo was like a sad puppy through and through even at the end. You really feel for him. The tables turned for me again and I feel the same is happening to Lei's character. I think he's just resigned to love SC from afar. He silently loves Jing for decades so what's another few decades for SC. I think before I felt like he loved loved her, then I felt like he loved her but not in that way and now it's back to loving her in that way. Either way my heart breaks for him every time SC chooses DMS. Don't get me wrong, that is the OTP but still can't help but feel sadness for Lei. He's so expressive in the eyes!

21 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I was really annoyed when SC didn’t reply to the ‘i love you’ in the tent too. I mean, come on! It’s so rude. He’s doing everything he can to be with you and you’re still refusing to be open with him. 

I also felt that they could do something with XZ and Lei. It was more from the scene at the hospital where XZ was with F3 and Lei was talking about Jing. I felt that XZ was starting to understand Lei. Also, since she’s supposed to be like the female version of DMS, she would be perfect for Lei. You can imagine her being all hyper and Lei calming her down. Also, she has been such a good friend and she deserves someone who won’t let her down, and Lei is nothing if not the BEST GUY IN THE WORLD (except for DMS. Joint equal. Sometimes. My feelings can be swayed, haha)

I’m hoping the special episode will be like the special episode in ALSB. Like just an hour of them being together. I’d be happy with that. But I’d be EVEN happier with a ten years later sort of thing. Please, please, pretty please! 

I’ve been rewatching ALSB and I gotta say, now that I’ve seen and can appreciate the force of nature that is Dylan Wang, it’s like Hu Yitian (who I used to think was really hot) is really meh now, haha. The bar has been reset. And it’s way too high now, haha. 

I also agree, think XZ and Lei would work great if XZ is supposed to be the female version of DMS. I mean, the DMS and Lei bromance is truly the best lol. I love love that this friendship was explored more. I mean, in BoF, the friendship between Ximen and Meizou characters are the one that was explored a bit more. But I think XZ deserves to be doted on and Lei would be perfect. Finally he could have a girl who loves him back (if it can play as a reflection of DMS + SC relationship). 

Ha Hu Yitian character in ALSB is the equivalent of SC now. I haven't gotten to the island episode yet, but I'd be sad too that at THIS point SC is still hesitant to say ILY even if she is supposed to be demure and stuff. Cut the crap! haha I've only watched 7 Chinese dramas and they all either star Dilreba or Shen Yue ha. Ten Miles a Peach blossom her character is overly in love w/ Dong Hua character. Obsessed with Bo Hai in Sweet Dreams. So, sometimes the female leads just gotta go after her man! Wish SC would take just a small initiative haha I'm just confused because sometimes she does (like the tie scene) and sometimes she gives a sad peck on the cheek. boo to that. 

I've watched ALSB so many times, really wish they focused a bit more on their adult lives too, because you really shouldn't base your love on adolescent love and I really wanted to see how their love evolved and grew over time. But anyways, it's been beautiful to see how DMS has changed over time from the love given by SC. Even though as a viewer watching it can be soo frustrating haha 

he he..

Lei and DMS work because, the one thing DMS gives lei which none of the woman do is the sense how much he needs him

Lei gives off this weak fragile look that women want to protect him.. but then poor child falls in love with them and these women are strong enough to not need any man.. but worse they make Lei feel he is not needed..

Unlike other boys, what lei can give is his care.. that's his strength..

so yea DMS should be his girlfriend, throwing tantrums and asking him to take care of him :P

I will become a director, get rights to this drama, and turn this manga into a BL.. for sure!

i'm getting anxious... i'm not ready to part with this drama yet. my mother is even crazier than me, she's seriously replaying episodes on Netflix like EVERY SINGLE DAY lol 

and we both ship DyShen so hard, although we know it's just gonna break our hearts haha 

btw, i'm upset that many chinese netizens bash SY and the drama, i'm not very familiar with entertainment culture in china, but i really don't get why MG2018 is getting so much hate and so little support... 

Archived