[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

Ahhh! Did anyone else also only get ep 30 on Netflix today? Where's ep 31 and 32?! I'm dying here... I can't wait to get to 33-34 already! :bawling:

Yes- I only have Ep. 30 in my Netflix.  I went to 2 sites that have raw episodes and it looks like Ep. 31 & 32 are identical content. Someone mentioned in the comments there that the episodes were missing a few minutes of content for each episode and there was something wrong with the files. So I think what might be going on with Netflix is they may be working with the Chinese content provider to figure out how to edit the footage they received to reflect the actual episodes that were broadcast live.  But, I don't know for sure.

Another possibility that crossed my mind is that Netflix is only showing 5 episodes this week in order to not get ahead of China live airing so that it can go back to 6 eps a week consistently. 

It's going to be so hard to wait until next Wednesday!

Also, for the person who asked about the Netflix schedule:

Subbed Episodes are posted Wednesday-Friday at Netflix. It's usually 2 episodes a day to match the 2 episodes a day schedule in China,  for a total of 6 episodes a week, but these past 2 weeks they have only been posting 5 episodes a week because of issues. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent change or not. We'll have to wait and see.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

@enigmatic_zephy so your team SC and Lei? Lol. I am just so confused. He hasn’t his chance so many times. Even the scene when they were both in the bedroom together at Si’s house and he sai

Not for 

lol .. me .. I am team Lei X DS.. for me this is a complete boy love drama series... :) ( but to be honest i think i am just Dylan X Darren shipper)..

but manga wise, yes pretty much in every version i have liked Lei ( but its not that i don't think DS doesn't deserve SC.. he does.. but Lei just breaks my heart because he could have the girl at any point in time but he chose not to.. and constantly helped the couple through, ofcourse DS's undying sincerity was the pull factor.. ad Lei was the push factor.. )

However, for SC i just feel that in this drama/manga she doesn't exactly makes her own decision. Lei constantly manipulates her - in giving up on him, in accepting DS, in acknowledging her love, in making her compare all boys to DS, in pushing her into standing up for love... he influences her in ways she doesn't realize and for the bigger things in life.. while DS is a very direct, transparent, positive motivation in her life.. Lei is the voice of conscience that is the high maintenance girl in your life whom you have a secret connection with and you depend on her a lot.. and you know that she is always FOR you.. but damn. she will never accept it

11 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Yes- I only have Ep. 30 in my Netflix.  I went to 2 sites that have raw episodes and it looks like Ep. 31 & 32 are identical content. Someone mentioned in the comments there that the episodes were missing a few minutes of content for each episode and there was something wrong with the files. So I think what might be going on with Netflix is they may be working with the Chinese content provider to figure out how to edit the footage they received to reflect the actual episode 31 that was broadcast live.  But, I don't know for sure.

Another possibility that crossed my mind is that Netflix is only showing 5 episodes this week in order to not get ahead of China live airing so that it can go back to 6 eps a week consistently. 

It's going to be so hard to wait until next Wednesday!

Subbed Episodes are posted Wednesday-Friday at Netflix. It's usually 2 episodes a day to match the 2 episodes a day schedule in China,  for a total of 6 episodes a week, but these past 2 weeks they have only been posting 5 episodes a week because of issues. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent change or not. We'll have to wait and see.

but why are they removing the audio everytime giving up on you plays?

i can't see what copyright law could make them do it.. they use the rivers song.. 

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

I'M SO MAD AND SAD RIGHT NOW THAT I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE NOW. Seriously my head is aching so much after seeing my puppies in pain. BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EP 31, NETFLIX????? I was not even hoping that they would upload 32 today, but they didn't even upload 31, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I HAVE WORDS AND THEY ARE NOT NICE!!!!! @lan_lan please check and tell me how much behind Netflix is compared to the raws before I go insane and flip some tables here

@kokodus Been busy and just had a chance to check this thread now.  I'm sorry to report my dear that they have enough live footage left to fit into one 31 episode on NF this week.  So basically 32 eps live now becomes 31 eps NF version.  I have a feeling NF will stick to a 5 episodes a week schedule from now on just to stay consistent.  You might just have to go watch the live 31-32 to ease your mind and heart.  Then come here and I can translate for you what you need to know :)

5 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

@kokodus Been busy and just had a chance to check this thread now.  I'm sorry to report my dear that they have enough live footage left to fit into one 31 episode on NF this week.  So basically 32 eps live becomes 31 eps NF version.  I have a feeling they will stick to a 5 episodes a week schedule from now on.  You might just have to go watch the live version to ease your mind and heart.  Then come here and I can translate for you what you need to know :)

Tell me how to write a letter to them just so they can know that there is a LeiXDS shipper..

I know director was thinking that when they shot the bed sleeping scene :) 

is there an agency we write to.. or how do you communicate iwth the drama folks

2 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol .. me .. I am team Lei X DS.. for me this is a complete boy love drama series... :) ( but to be honest i think i am just Dylan X Darren shipper)..

but manga wise, yes pretty much in every version i have liked Lei ( but its not that i don't think DS doesn't deserve SC.. he does.. but Lei just breaks my heart because he could have the girl at any point in time but he chose not to.. and constantly helped the couple through, ofcourse DS's undying sincerity was the pull factor.. ad Lei was the push factor.. )

However, for SC i just feel that in this drama/manga she doesn't exactly makes her own decision. Lei constantly manipulates her - in giving up on him, in accepting DS, in acknowledging her love, in making her compare all boys to DS, in pushing her into standing up for love... he influences her in ways she doesn't realize and for the bigger things in life.. while DS is a very direct, transparent, positive motivation in her life.. Lei is the voice of conscience that is the high maintenance girl in your life whom you have a secret connection with and you depend on her a lot.. and you know that she is always FOR you.. but damn. she will never accept it

Of course I disagree with you. LOLOL. I won't say it was Lei who pushed SC towards Si from the beginning. See she first started seeing Si in a different light during that elevator scene, and we all know it has got nothing to do with Lei. Lei helped her when she was having doubts but even without Lei she would have found her way to Si. There is no comparison here, if Si and Lei were standing side by side, any sane girl would pick up Lei and SC also did at first, but eventually she realized where her heart belongs. Lei had many chances tbh, but he chose not to take it or he saw through SC's heart from the beginning and decided to stay away. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 Your theory sounds plausible, but that will make Lei less in my eyes, because you know I would never understand why anyone would fall in love with their best friend's girlfriend. I know love is blind and all that, but it doesn't sit well with me. It's like he is waiting for an opportunity to pounce on. Once they broke up he swooped in to make her his own. Not nice. Very cheap.

@kokodus I don't think he fell in love with SC after she became Si's girlfriend. I think he liked her from the very beginning because he kept helping her even though it's been stressed many times that he does not care about anyone else's business. He kept coming to the roof and talking to her even though he's someone who cherished his privacy and alone time. I think his feelings likely deepened in the times they've spent after that but by the time his feelings deepened for SC, she had already begun to like Si and Si had already laid claim on SC which is why I think Lei keeps saying that he "backed off" and supported Si's pursuit of SC instead. I can understand why Lei would be frustrated with Si because maybe he felt like Si is giving up so easily after all the help he's given him.

42 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

In all the versions there is this one thing...

While Lei is committed to SC-DS happiness, but like i said he too fell for SC right from the beginning.. its just we could see DS's progression but Lei has always been difficult to read.. and also he was confused because of Jiang..

However, there are some important moments in his life. . which any man would want to do something for his woman kind of moments.. and Lei despite all the pain, does these little things in those moments where he is allowing himself to show his "love"

His music is most important.. and in the starting episode Lei tells a girl that only extremely special people are allowed to hear him or see him play .. in this version, SC gets to see him play when she is super depressed (the whole fiance track and going to hotel).. and this time , instead of letting her hear, Lei actively goes out to search for her, play for her and only for her.. the song he has been practicing for months for his graduation day performance.. and non one else is allowed to hear that ( or basically be audience to it)

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Oh that i know.. but i thought netflix schedule is such that they release it on Friday for the last two episodes by US EOD

He didn't suddenly fell in love... and if you pay attention to his expressions and dialogue and strategic camera positioning, drama gives us clear hint that he fell in love with her quite long back 

See:

1. Him coming back from france - everyone assumed that Jiang dumped him but his behavior and dialogues tell you that he didn't care once he went to france.. and in ep 31-32 he tells SC how he regretted losing that moment because that moment turned into tragedy for him and he lost someone super precious ( aka that was the moment when he lost SC because up until that time everyone knew that SC liked Lei)

2. Him standing up for SC in cafeteria and tug of war with DS

3. The whole outing and him kissing her

4. He really cares about F4 ( one thing Drama clealry sets for us is that Lei is passionate but introvert style, DS is extrovert. and Lei doesn't move on from relationships .. be it F4, jiang.. and lastly he is very very good at hiding emotions and nobody knows the depth unless he chooses to show... In all of this, we see him constantly putting SC above F4 from the beginning

(When they mention the strengths of F4 in game of bridge, they tell you there too how good Lei is at reading and controlling emotions)

I can go on forever.. but in summary, the boy was always in love with her and got infatuated pretty early on when he started sharing the terrace with her

BTW you remember, weeks ago i mentioned these scenes for each character and when they realize or definitely move from one emotion to another:

SC genuinely liking DS - when he lets goons beat him up

and similary i mentioned this water scene is important for both Lei and SC, because this is the scene when Lei realizes that he has really lost SC.. and SC realizes the extent of her feelings for DS

Again, if that's the logic you follow.. then DS should be the one who went after the girl who liked his best friend.. and everyone could see including jiang how protective Lei was of SC

@enigmatic_zephy I agree, in all the other versions, Lei did have feelings for SC and he makes his feelings known to both SC and Si at some point. I just can't remember if he confesses his feelings before or after the amnesia arc.

28 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but why are they removing the audio everytime giving up on you plays?

i can't see what copyright law could make them do it.. they use the rivers song.. 

I've only watched up to Ep. 29, but the "Say Something I'm Giving Up On You" was definitely playing for me in Ep. 29 and I could hear it. They didn't remove the audio when I watched in Netflix. So, I don't know why you couldn't hear the song.  Are you watching  USA Netflix? That said, I have watched other shows in Netflix and they have changed the songs. For example, I watched Korean drama Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and several of the songs were changed in NF version as compared to original version. My guess is that the liscensing agreement  between the content provider and Netflix  must have some rules about the OST songs allowed, and perhaps the contract is different for each region? 

18 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

I found this site with Episode recaps, which I found helpful in understanding exactly what's going on in the drama :

https://wanghedi.livejournal.com/

@Table122000 I've been checking his twitter page and journal periodically as well. He does a good job of subbing and it satisfies my MG craving while I wait for the eng subs on Netflix. LOL

1 minute ago, Table122000 said:

I've only watched up to Ep. 29, but the "Say Something I'm Giving Up On You" was definitely playing for me in Ep. 29 and I could hear it. They didn't remove the audio when I watched in Netflix. So, I don't know why you couldn't hear the song.  Are you watching  USA Netflix? That said, I have watched other shows in Netflix and they have changed the songs. For example, I watched Korean drama Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and several of the songs were changed in NF version as compared to original version. My guess is that the liscensing agreement  between the content provider and Netflix  must have some rules about the OST songs allowed, and perhaps the contract is different for each region? 

@Table122000I could hear "Say Something I'm Giving Up on You" too. I actually thought all the songs playing in the background for MG has been appropriate for the scenes and evoked the right emotions. 

37 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Of course I disagree with you. LOLOL. I won't say it was Lei who pushed SC towards Si from the beginning. See she first started seeing Si in a different light during that elevator scene, and we all know it has got nothing to do with Lei. Lei helped her when she was having doubts but even without Lei she would have found her way to Si. There is no comparison here, if Si and Lei were standing side by side, any sane girl would pick up Lei and SC also did at first, but eventually she realized where her heart belongs. Lei had many chances tbh, but he chose not to take it or he saw through SC's heart from the beginning and decided to stay away. 

sorry which elevator scene? the first date?

Below is the flow of events that i remember. Feel free to correct me.

She falls for Lei, hard. Lei is experiencing confused feelings because on one hand he knows he has always loved Jiang, she is her, he likes her... but on the other hand he is constantly going out of his way for SC , DS likes SC

Lei goes to france, SC still really really like Lei, but has decided to give up on him (because of him scolding her and her own sense of inferiority.. and also the face he drew on the wall was SC but she interpreted it as jiang and lei's reply at that moment is cryptic with expressions supporting it. like he knows its not jiang but let's just go with what SC is saying),  because she thinks she anyway doesn't have a chance with lei and more importantly she really wants Lei to be happy. Lei goes to France. DS feelings are growing.. and the boy truly is sincere in his pursuit of SC

Him standing in the rain.. moves her.. yes!.. sexual tension

However, this in my view was the critical moment, when Lei comes back and takes her on the date.. if he wished to play fair and pursue her, he would have got her ( because at this moment too SC hasn't fallen for DS and still fancies Lei.. i mean come-on she lets a boy kiss her knowing he is not serious about it and basically is playing around with girls to get over Jiang but she doesn't mind it because spending those few moments with him sitting side by side is more important for her ..)

But he does such obvious irritating things..

making her think that he has become this frivolous man who can't even offer her a napkin, making her be the secondary in this relationship.. which basically provides her the stark contrast to the passion and sincerity of DS.. plus it tells her.. no matter what Lei does not see her as a woman and will not..

The other interesting bit is, while DS realizes this better than others (including other two in the F4).. that lei genuinely likes SC but even he doesn't realize the depth of that love. Worse, in the entire manga, SC never comes to know of the truth of what Lei really felt for her.. she always thought he cared for her as a friend and would go extremes ( which is his nature.. he liked one girl for 15 odd years so doing things for friends is not surprising in her opinion)

End of the manga- in future, everyone gets a closure except Lei..or hanazawa rui, if I may. .. he never marries, never falls in love.. jiang comes back to him but he tells her they can just be friends..

And in nutshell, Lei all his life since he was a baby has loved his women passionately but the women never knew how much!

sorry for my rants.. but then i need a place for it :P 

i am not really a Lei X SC shipper.. but i am just lei shipper. like somebody find him happiness in life.. give him true love..  what i really like, and this is rare, he understands SC so well .. that he could become the man she trusts the most and will talk to or listen to.. whose opinion matters to her ( all those close moments when she says that these moments have become more comfortable as a friend.. how much it must have taken on his side to make her feel that.. when he was in agony.. he is happy for DS but still he does love this girl but he hides it)

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ohhh @lan_lan You are such a sweet heart. I really didn't want to watch the raws but I'm left with no options now because if Netflix keep this up we will end up being very behind in the coming weeks. Sighhhh. 

@Table122000 Thanks for sharing that recap site. 

You're welcome @kokodus 

Yeah-  From what @Lan Lan said, it looks like maybe Netflix will be an episode behind the live airing from now on so they don't get into another situation where they are ahead of live schedule. But, at least it's only 1 episode. According to that recap blog:

Live Ep. 31=Netflix Ep. 30, so Live Ep. 32 should equal Netflix Ep. 31. Guess we will have to wait until next week to see if any schedule changes are permanent.

28 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

That was me. Thanks! Really hoping we get one more ep today so we can catch up with the raw schedule before they air more episodes next week. Episode 30 left on such a heartbreaking note, will they just let us sit with that until Wednesday? :bawling:

Thoughts for Ep 30.

The Caina/Meizuo/Terrence actually made me cry. Haha. I don't hate their story, the only thing I hate is that by having them on screen, it means less screen time for DMS/SC progression. Broken hearted Meizuo got me though and I really was happy for Caina for figuring her stuff out. I find her a lot more relatable and less naive/frustrating than SC in the way she navigated her love triangle. But how the hell was Terrence able to build that treehouse without her noticing in what seems like the span of a day. LOL

As for Lei/DMS/SC... Based on previews, I thought that the Lei/DMS confrontation scene was going to come after the necklace throwing where he ended up comforting her through her tears. If it had come after, I think I would be more quick to believe that his words to DMS were genuine about wanting to pursue SC because you could really see how upset he was to see SC crying after he found her necklace. But now that I see it came before the necklace throw, his 'I won't let you make her cry anymore' words seem to have less meaning and I'm more inclined to believe that he's just manipulating them to come together. You can see in a few scenes before their confrontation, he was looking at both of them with concern.

That said, I agree that it's totally believable that Lei does love SC. I don't think that's coming out of nowhere. This was true in the manga and I do feel it here too in the scenes that another user pointed out above. He's just always been able to put aside those feelings for the sake of the his friends.

I mentioned in my previous post that this whole arc seems way more heartbreaking than it was in the manga and I realize why now. Their breakup by the water wasn't preceded by any misunderstandings or fights. DMS knows that she left because she was pushed to by his mom. He questions her ability to be honest and just as she's about to open up to him, he ends it. He knows all this yet he still chooses to break up with her. It makes me so sad.

In the manga, this scene was preceded by Makino meeting his fake lookalike cousin on a forced group date. Afterwards she meets with Doumyoji and they fight in their typical way. He thinks shes lying and making up excuses when she brings up his 'cousin'. Yes he chucks the necklace and she goes swimming for it but the next day when he finds out the 'cousin' was not a made up story, he immediately has a 'what have I done' moment and regrets having yelled at her.

I don't remember her really ever starting to fall in love with the 'cousin' so the fact that they've swapped him for Lei in MG2018 makes DMS' fear of losing SC much more substantial. His crying scene was just :heartbreak:.  In the manga bus scene when she leaves with Amon, I didn't feel like it was a big deal. The impact seems way bigger now that the person she's leaving with is her first love. I kind of like this change in storyline... it definitely brings on the dramas!

17 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@enigmatic_zephy I agree, in all the other versions, Lei did have feelings for SC and he makes his feelings known to both SC and Si at some point. I just can't remember if he confesses his feelings before or after the amnesia arc.

Lei never tells his real feelings to SC or DS.. the only one he somewhat confesses to is jiang's character when she comes back to him towards the end.. and that is the only absolute confirmation from Lei to manga readers/ audience about his love ( and kind of reflect back to his past actions)

Whenever Lei so called confesses, he is mostly using it as a driver to push DS-SC together.. or the sincerity of the confession is known only to him

However, in this drama... i think i see what others are saying, the build up to this moment of Lei's arc is very feeble.. korean version handles it better i think

23 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I can't remember in detail but I sort of remembering him confessing to her when he follows her to NY after she goes there to chase after Doumyoji. But I can't remember if he openly told her or if it was just a narration in his head. After this is the island arc and then when they come back from that, he gets stabbed and the amnesia arc begins. The whole Amnesia/Umi storyline felt pretty brief and non threatening to me so reading about the mess that is MG2 and DMS/Yesha seems really over the top. If MG2018 keeps staying true to the manga, I don't think we'll have to worry about a repeat of MG2.

32 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

sorry which elevator scene? the first date?

Below is the flow of events that i remember. Feel free to correct me.

She falls for Lei, hard. Lei is experiencing confused feelings because on one hand he knows he has always loved Jiang, she is her, he likes her... but on the other hand he is constantly going out of his way for SC , DS likes SC

Lei goes to france, SC still really really like Lei, but has decided to give up on him (because of him scolding her and her own sense of inferiority.. and also the face he drew on the wall was SC but she interpreted it as jiang and lei's reply at that moment is cryptic with expressions supporting it. like he knows its not jiang but let's just go with what SC is saying),  because she thinks she anyway doesn't have a chance with lei and more importantly she really wants Lei to be happy. Lei goes to France. DS feelings are growing.. and the boy truly is sincere in his pursuit of SC

Him standing in the rain.. moves her.. yes!.. sexual tension

However, this in my view was the critical moment, when Lei comes back and takes her on the date.. if he wished to play fair and pursue her, he would have got her ( because at this moment too SC hasn't fallen for DS and still fancies Lei.. i mean come-on she lets a boy kiss her knowing he is not serious about it and basically is playing around with girls to get over Jiang but she doesn't mind it because spending those few moments with him sitting side by side is more important for her ..)

Well I never thought it was SC he doodled in that wall. I need to go and check that scene. It was right after Jing declared that she is going back to France or whatever country and cut her hair, right??? And that's why I thought he drew a girl with short hair. LOL. But yeah one could argue that it's SC....

Before Lei comes back from France, Si and SC had another incident where a picture of her leaks in online and everyone accuses her for cheating Si. And she says that she only needs him to trust her and doesn't care about anyone else, and after that chaos got over, he confesses that he likes her and even kisses her, which she doesn't resist....so yeah...Si and SC's relationship started to bloom(lol) before Lei came back and I stick to my previous stand that Lei doesn't have any part in bringing both of them together. Atleast in the initial eps.....he does help them realize their feelings for each other later, which again, would've not been so difficult for them if he hadn't come back and kissed her out of the blue.

Don't think I'm hating on Lei, he is indeed a cupcake but I just can't understand why he does certain things. LOL. 

for the people wondering if RUI/lei actually do confess his feelings directly to makino/sanshai 

here is some scans i posted from the manga few days go while i was curious too

also ive been reReading the manga 

and im kinda close to the following 

in the original work rui do actually really fall in love with makino once again 

and even kiss her at some point managing to figure out that his feelings were more than friendship

Reveal hidden contents

5ed29bf4334db4fad312475df1ee4152e6c46b96

Reveal hidden contents

cc0d8732d97c6f898996b2bbdaa642454b2e99f4

Reveal hidden contents

549f529a79d2925a5e5fa70be4c2d4c5649ece2b

I kinda wonder how its gonna turnout in this version !?

are they gonna make his feelings legit 

or is he just gonna try to play daredevil by provoking Si jealousy ( we all know its not that hard xD )for him to realise his feelings and motivation back ? 

34 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Well I never thought it was SC he doodled in that wall. I need to go and check that scene. It was right after Jing declared that she is going back to France or whatever country and cut her hair, right??? And that's why I thought he drew a girl with short hair. LOL. But yeah one could argue that it's SC....

oh.. you got me thinking.. will have to check again if its after she cut her hair

Before Lei comes back from France, Si and SC had another incident where a picture of her leaks in online and everyone accuses her for cheating Si. And she says that she only needs him to trust her and doesn't care about anyone else, and after that chaos got over, he confesses that he likes her and even kisses her, which she doesn't resist....so yeah...Si and SC's relationship started to bloom(lol) before Lei came back and I stick to my previous stand that Lei doesn't have any part in bringing both of them together. Atleast in the initial eps.....he does help them realize their feelings for each other later, which again, would've not been so difficult for them if he hadn't come back and kissed her out of the blue.

lol.. only thing i get from this is.. SC is a PhD in playing hard.. she lets boys kiss her and then claim she has no feelings whatsoever.. and which she probably truly doesn't..

people who want to learn how to play hard to get.. lol contact SC

Serious note, yes you are right about her starting to depend on and DS becoming important ( but i do wonder if it was because Lei had left and she basically had lost her comrade with whom she discussed things and DS was there for her in her embarassing moments.. and that standing in rain did make her realize that DS is a very sincere person)

on whether SC could be won by Lei or not.. hmm.. guess we will have to agree to disagree here..  while i do somewhat get how you view things.. to me it will always be the case where she moved on because she realized she couldn't have what she wanted.. and if she lets another man kiss her (knowing how frivolous it is) while letting another man kiss her (that's shows disregard for the man who kissed her first)..

BTW, help me here.. when did she allow DS to kiss her before Lei's kiss - in the bedroom is it when they go on that vacation?

Don't think I'm hating on Lei, he is indeed a cupcake but I just can't understand why he does certain things. LOL. 

Nah!!!.. I love DS too.. and frankly SC would be irritating girlfriend to anyone but to DS (only because he is such a sweetheart and madly in love with her)...

and like i said, i just ship lei with lei himself.. like just make him happy

Archived