[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

Ok my Twitter feed is full of people hating on Caina and her excessive screentime in today's eps. Sighhh. Such a waste. 

2 hours ago, euki said:

Hi! Saw some pics of Dylan wearing a mask? Is it because he was sick or is this for fashion?

I guess most of the celebs when going to public places wear masks to cover them up. You dont know how crazy some fangirls can get.../shudders. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This version started off well and was doing great until past few episodes where caina and that other old guy got more screentime. I don't know what writers are thinking its not even f3 and leads but some random side characters.

From the looks of the preview of episode 29-30 it looks like we will still have to bare her and the worst part ah si who just had a major break up will be shown fooling around with f4 and cai na tagging along with them in uniform now what's all that about?

Tbh, they ruined the essence of the break up episode instead of experiencing the pain of lead couple's break up I was frustrated during the whole episode. Too bad the ratings will also suffer. The more I watch this the more I realize how great J version is. It's not too late and I hope writers have focused on the leads f3 and other important characters in the upcoming episodes. We already have lot of heart breaking arcs to deal with on top of that they don't have to add some frustrating storyline instead they could just focus on our other cute couple ximen  and xiao you.

Monkey girl is back again hopefully this time she will play a positive role in bringing our otp together. They eliminate yesha and gave us caina now I wonder if there's someone's influence behind her getting more screentime. I am sorry for the rant. I hope they don't mess this amazing remake that has lot of potential. Dylan and shen yue and rest of the cast are doing really great. I looke forward to more CaiSi scenes they have got amazing chemistry.

@Dramachingu I feel you. It's completely absurd to concentrate on characters who we don't even know. I did have a doubt on how they are going to fill 48 eps when they wrapped up some arcs pretty quickly. Now we got the answer. Sighhh. As you said, they could've given more time to Ximen and Xiao you's arc or at least to Qing he and Li Zhen's story. I was going to check out the raws today but I decided against it after reading the frustrated comments on Twitter. I'm going to skip all the unwanted scenes while watching with subs. That's why I want the London arc to happen soon. I hope Caina disappears before that. I don't think she will follow them to London. LOL. 

I don't disagree that the Caina scenes have become excessive.  HOWEVER, having watched with understanding of subs I can see why the show decided to include this arc, although a little overkill with how much of it.  

Based on the previews for tomorrow:

Spoiler

It seems Ah Si has become completely withdrawn from socializing and refusing to do anything with anyone.  Lei was trying to remind him of the importance of their friendships and how much it means to Meizhou to be able to win Caina over.  It was how he was able to coax Ah Si to come with them to help Meizhou with his girl troubles.  Despite the depressive mood that Ah Si was in, he agreed.  It's like since they were the captains of his ship before, now he needs to return the favor.  I love their bromance.  

Then there was a scene during that uniform date which Caina gave Ah Si advise.  She was explaining to him that all girls need some time and to let Shancai sort out her feelings.  Hopefully seeing that it's coming from an older more experienced woman, it'll get through to him.  SO in hindsight, without the build up of her and Meizhou's storyline, this meeting wouldn't have made sense.  So don't be too hard on the show right now and have patience.  

I'm guessing the show also wants to give equal screen time to each of the 3 guys for their storyline.  First was Lei, now Meizhou, then Xiyou couple will probably come after this.  

If anything I blame the editing.  There were a couple of really choppily placed together scenes making for really random transitions and ppl.

Totaly buzzkilled after reading all the twitter rants ( here too ) about todays episode ;_; 

but hey no show is perfect ! It just sad they decided to introduce this romance right when the hype of Si x Sai is the highest !!!! 

i guess we will just have to bear with the few eps that caina and meizou buidup their romance for good ( i aint mad about them giving him a love interest in this version tbh ! Ive always felt kinda bad for him in the others) 

also we are totaly having more Xiyou moment i can feel it 

Spoiler

also we can see her hair cut short in most pictures ect 

and thats related to her feelings if we follow the manga ( she will cut all her hair afterbeing heartbroken if im not wrong)

few more cool mvs :

I don't know I'm a little unhappy about today's episodes, it's because all the big drama is starting and they are separated. Also with us knowing what the storyline is, we know what is coming.

Honestly, I agree with the preview of Caina giving Daoming Si advise. They need some space for a bit to sort things out. 

I'm confused, did I leave out something? Monkey girl left and now she's back and she's hanging out with them? Did the scene where she tries on wedding dress pass already? Someone explain. I don't know if it fell off my mind or I missed something here. :huh:

2 hours ago, lan_lan said:

I don't disagree that the Caina scenes have become excessive.  HOWEVER, having watched with understanding of subs I can see why the show decided to include this arc, although a little overkill with how much of it.  

Hide contents

It seems Ah Si has become completely withdrawn from socializing and refusing to do anything with anyone.  Lei was trying to remind him of the importance of their friendships and how much it means to Meizhou to be able to win Caina over.  It was how he was able to coax Ah Si to come with them to help Meizhou with his girl troubles.  Despite the depressive mood that Ah Si was in, he agreed.  It's like since they were the captains of his ship before, now he needs to return the favor.  I love their bromance.  

Then there was a scene during that uniform date which Caina gave Ah Si advise.  She was explaining to him that all girls need some time and to let Shancai sort out her feelings.  Hopefully seeing that it's coming from an older more experienced woman, it'll get through to him.  SO in hindsight, without the build up of her and Meizhou's storyline, this meeting wouldn't have made sense.  So don't be too hard on the show right now and have patience.  

I'm guessing the show also wants to give equal screen time to each of the 3 guys for their storyline.  First was Lei, now Meizhou, then Xiyou couple will probably come after this.  

If anything I blame the editing.  There were a couple of really choppily placed together scenes making for really random transitions and ppl.

i think people just being dramatic after reading your spoiler.

4 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Hide contents

okay I understand it now. Thank you for translating what Caina said..

I think people are mad about this because the break-up in the rain is an iconic scene in the show right, however the viewers wasn’t able to focus & feel the pain of that scene for long because of Caina. The mood of the episode was supposed to be dramatic, but Caina scenes kinda ruined it -_-

People are also frustrated because they had seen the preview and most did not understand what the characters are saying on that, in a way it was misunderstanding also on our part. this is the problem when you watch a series on the same time its still continuously airing. I think we would have no problem & we would not be so hard on it if we watch this Meteor Garden on the time episodes are completed already  :lol:

5 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm confused, did I leave out something? Monkey girl left and now she's back and she's hanging out with them? Did the scene where she tries on wedding dress pass already? Someone explain. I don't know if it fell off my mind or I missed something here. :huh:

She backed off of the engagement but she didn’t actually go anywhere. She heard about what happened with SiCai and came to join the “operation cheer up Ah Si” meet up as a friend. She felt she should be there because SiCai both were an important part of her life. 

I never saw this wedding dress try on scene in any trailers that I keep seeing mentioned but it has not happened as of now. 

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

i think people just being dramatic after reading your spoiler.

I actually feel bad for the actress because people started implying she’s doing something shady behind the scenes in order to get more airtime. 

1 hour ago, marielou92 said:

I think people are mad about this because the break-up in the rain is an iconic scene in the show right, however the viewers wasn’t able to focus & feel the pain of that scene for long because of Caina. The mood of the episode was supposed to be dramatic, but Caina scenes ruined it -_-

I’ve felt since the start of this show that it has adapted such a different tone from the previous version. It tamed down on the angst and upped the humor, almost anime-esque, so it’s not surprising to me that it’s cutting tension away from the breakup.  I’m just glad this hasn’t taken away any enjoyment for me as it has for others upset about Caina scenes.  Could also be that I have a soft spot for Meizhou because his face reminds me so much of my younger brother. So I don’t mind if it allows him more storyline besides being a SiCai shipper lol.  I will admit they lack chemistry though. 

And if i’m being totally honest that was a stupid break up to begin with so I can’t even feel sad about it.*dont throw tomatoes at me hahaha*  

If I was SC I would’ve worked together with Ah Si, fake a breakup, and figure out other ways to handle the Mom instead of hurting each other that way.  

Oh and PS: I’m loving so much this wise advice filled shoulder to lean on sage of maturity Lei. 

5 hours ago, Dramachingu said:

This version started off well and was doing great until past few episodes where caina and that other old guy got more screentime. I don't know what writers are thinking its not even f3 and leads but some random side characters.

I totally agree. The Caina/Meizou side story is blech! Epic fail by the writers there. Was this story even part of the manga or is it just a new story written for this drama? I was excited at first to see Meizou get his own story, but this is random and boring. What a disappointment. 

5 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've only seen up to Ep. 25, but I will agree with you about the choppy editing, which is not helping the drama. Disappointed to hear that the Caina/Meizou storyline is dragging. As I have said before, I am totally on board with each of the F4 and the Shancai friends getting their own storyline, but not when these stories are so random and hurting the momentum and flow of the whole drama and the OTP story. I hope he drama can get back on track quickly.

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

they could've given more time to Ximen and Xiao you's arc or at least to Qing he and Li Zhen's story

Amen to that. So far, Ximen/Xiaoyu storyline is very little, and I'm disappointed because that side story was my favorite thing in the Korean version. I was really hoping that this version would be even more awesome. Oh Well.

5 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Awww thank you @lan_lan I feel a lot less frustrated after reading your post than last night. LOL. Honestly speaking Ah Si isn't the one who needs an intervention, SC is the one who keeps running away. What would the poor boy do??? I saw some spoiler pics yesterday and it is painful to see him go back to his old arrogant ways...if only he wasn't that HAWTTTTTT while lashing out at people.....LOL

Shan Cai totally needs to come to her senses sooner. I wish the F3 would do something about it. You know when I first watched the K version, and they introduced the amnesia arc, I thought he was totally faking it to let her be with him. I didn't know amnesia is a thing in dramaland. So I was waiting for the moment when he would shout "April's fool, you idiot" the whole time....alas...Haha. oh and there is also a fake date plot between Ximen and Xiao You which actually helps in getting both the couples together. So yeah, let's see....

@kokodusYou're so welcome my dear :)  I'm thankful to the people in my country for providing subtitles so quickly after the episodes aired.  You're right about bad boy MingSi.  I used to like the River song way before this show started but now I can never listen to it again without an image of bada** MingSi showing up to fight the gangsters with that white spotlight on his back lol.  As for Shancai, I was willing to accept her fickleness before but after last week when she realized her feelings, it's beginning to be frustrating how she's treating DMS now.  But then I guess he'll give his share of pain too towards the end of the drama.  It's quite an unhealthy relationship these two got going on lol.

Omg same here!  BOF was when I got my first taste of amnesia as plot driver in dramaland.  I've hated it ever since haha.

I have problem clicking the notif, 

On 8/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, kokodus said:

I agree with everything you said!!!!!! I also felt that her standing up against mom is mostly because of her pride. I bet she would've done the same thing if it's Qing he's mom. LOL. I don't know...sighhh. I'll also hold the Japanese version high as of now because it gave me all sorts of feels and the ending was near perfect. LOL. This show has huge possibilities to surpass the J version if they give us an ending like that. Shan Cai is really frustrating at times, even though I kinda understand her. Atleast she is open to consider a serious relationship with him now. That itself is a huge step, I guess. But next week is going to be painful. The epic bus chasing scene....sigh, Shan Cai, the Noble idiot is going to appear, I can't even....I think it's more like cowardice. Tsk. 

And i read somewhere that the heroine in manga was more frustrating and this version followed the manga most? If that's true i wouldn't ever read it lmao. 

I think they are both still immature by the way they treat each other. Irl it's like they're never meant to be or they need time to grow up, whether being separated or not. 

Yes and finally she opened up her feeling. It's like it's going to be deeper and painful by the time DMS leaves her. Knowing how hard and long the process of SC confirmed her feeling, aaw. 

I hope they cut the amnesia arc, in this century. I still have this positive minds, as i haven't watched ep 25-26 and previews. 

Anw I miss the brother of Makino/jandi esp when Domyouji treat her brother so well.

Plot twist

producer gives sanchai up to qinghe. So far he knows Sanchai the best lmao

@lan_lan Agreed. After all the drama with the monkey girl, I thought SC would be the one who will take the initiative to start their relationship, but nah, Si was literally begging her to date him. I found it extremely frustrating. Gahhhhhh. And what is it with the 10%, 20%...if you don't love him that much then why did you spent an whole ep bawling your eyes out when he was with the monkey girl??? You are only fooling yourself, Shan Cai...Tsk tsk. That's why I kinda am looking forward to the London arc and amnesia arc, it would be a nice change for her to go after him at least once. 

@flameonyou I miss her little brother as well. His relationship with Jun Pyo/Tsukasa was endearing. I like Qing He as well though. He is kinda cute, too bad that SC bro-zoned him. But I wish for him to get together with Li Zhen at the end

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

@lan_lan Agreed. After all the drama with the monkey girl, I thought SC would be the one who will take the initiative to start their relationship, but nah, Si was literally begging her to date him. I found it extremely frustrating. Gahhhhhh. And what is it with the 10%, 20%...if you don't love him that much then why did you spent an whole ep bawling your eyes out when he was with the monkey girl??? You are only fooling yourself, Shan Cai...Tsk tsk. That's why I kinda am looking forward to the London arc and amnesia arc, it would be a nice change for her to go after him at least once. 

Couldn't agree more, my friend. 

That's why I'm kind of fed of with her constantly pointing out the "I will fight against your mother." It's like if you like him, jealous of him, then just tell him the truth and fight for him. 

Hopefully it gets better in London and when he loses his memories

1 hour ago, flameonyou said:

I have problem clicking the notif, 

And i read somewhere that the heroine in manga was more frustrating and this version followed the manga most? If that's true i wouldn't ever read it lmao. 

I think they are both still immature by the way they treat each other. Irl it's like they're never meant to be or they need time to grow up, whether being separated or not. 

Yes and finally she opened up her feeling. It's like it's going to be deeper and painful by the time DMS leaves her. Knowing how hard and long the process of SC confirmed her feeling, aaw. 

I hope they cut the amnesia arc, in this century. I still have this positive minds, as i haven't watched ep 25-26 and previews. 

Anw I miss the brother of Makino/jandi esp when Domyouji treat her brother so well.

Plot twist

Reveal hidden contents

producer gives sanchai up to qinghe. So far he knows Sanchai the best lmao

Having only seen up to Netflix ep 25:

Totally agree re: immaturity and it's partly why this story can be so frustrating, I have to check myself and remember that it may well be their first relationship ever which means communication is key...and not so prevalent here. (Arguably i'm too old for this story. :crazy:)

Also - earlier in this forum, someone (can't remember who off the top of my head, apologies!) brilliantly pointed out that dating or being with DMS would be a game changer for SC, her life would change monumentally and already had as a result, plus he's also an intense guy. When not having experienced a relationship before and then having someone imprint their feelings onto you so consistently and emphatically and not always in the best manner, its a good reason to dig your heels in.

All the above being said, I would like to see the characters grow a little more and start talking to each other rather than just jumping at every little infraction. Learning from each instance is a nice change. Such as when DMS posted their relationship status online. If she didn't want that public, explaining that would have been nice rather than yelling at him, DMS reaction was actually quite good to that response. Ridiculous but less...reactionary. Which is nice. 

Also I agree that i'd like SC to own her feelings, if she admits she likes him - then she likes him, rather than hiding or being wishy-washy, but again i'm contradicting myself with what I've mentioned above. Being in a relationship for the first time, especially one that for all intents and purposes is a 'soulmates-meant-for-each-other-defcon5-in-every-iteration-they-are-meant-to-be-together-not-even-death-will-separate-us' kind of a relationship, would be jarring and kind of scary. But still...it would be nice to see some of the cute, getting to know each other, enjoying each other's company, relationship building material, before it all goes to hell in a hand basket. It would give some weight to the relationship. 

10 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Couldn't agree more, my friend. 

That's why I'm kind of fed of with her constantly pointing out the "I will fight against your mother." It's like if you like him, jealous of him, then just tell him the truth and fight for him. 

Hopefully it gets better in London and when he loses his memories

Daomingsi losing memories is not something most would want. because there will be another girl antagonist again for Ah Si <_< 

Anyway, even the push & pull from the couple and their constant fighting are still so cute tho & sweet :wub:  the only thing I’m frustrated in this story are the antagonists interrupting their bickering/scenes :lol:

@turtle0217 You know what they say about actions speaking louder than words...her standing up against mom is something that really made me look up to her. I'm sure i wouldn't be as brave as her if the situations were same. I only wish for her to open her heart and see for herself who she truly loves. Luckily Si is persistent, any other weak guy would've given up by now. Tsk tsk. 

@lan_lan Did you see the confrontation scene SC had with Mom last night??

Spoiler

If the translations are right, She called her an richard simmons. Bahahahahaha. I do hope she realizes that the person she is swearing now will become her mother in law in the future. LOL.

Archived