[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

I'm so looking forward to shen yue and dylan's chemistry as Dao ming si and Shen cai. I feel like while shen yue had that cute and adorable chemistry with her costar in her last drama, in this one, they will have a more intense/passionate chemistry. Which is something I'm looking forward to so much! Hope they both do justice to Dao ming si and shen cai. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, angelangie said:

everyone hope :D 

i believe ShenYue can pull off ShanCai looks from the stills we have been given a glimpse at........and i had to admit that DaoMingSi in here look better than HuaZeLei :D 

Haha. Yeah, Dylan is really good looking. Though Darren chen has been casted well as the white anglic Huazelei. lol. He gives off that innocent vibe in spades. While Dylan is more intense and perfect as Daomingsi. As for shen yue, I also believe she can pull it off. She can definitely do that rom-com thing as she did with "a love so beautiful," and as long as she works a bit on her emotional scenes, I think she will be fantastic as Shan cai. Now if only the four boys and especially dylan also show good acting, then I will be in heaven! :D

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

er seeing how this is only ShenYue 2nd lead role.....lols maybe she will be better? but i guess i will hold off my opinions first and try not to hope too much lols....

as i learn sometimes when we set bar we tends to be disappointed come the times

Yeah, True. Setting lower expectation is better than being disappointed later. As for Shen yue, the girl is a natural from what I can see. She was great and extremely lovable as chen xioxi, though yes, I will try to hold off on her improving in the emotional scenes area since it's only her 2nd drama. Poor girl is already under so much pressure! Lol. :D On a serious note though, I really hope she rises through this drama. I know the boys will....well, because they are boys and there will be plenty of fangirls as they are really good looking. But, definitely am worried for Shen yue, hope her hard work pays off! 

180212 weibo update Soon it's chinese new years, I'll celebrate w/ "Meteor Garden" crew. I'd like to give a thumbs up to all hardworking people here! #ShenYue #沈月

DV1umjMU0AALHFf.jpg

I am excited  to see them as a pair in Meteor Garden 2018 in love pink cat

_LW8ww.gif

Spoiler

DVv4iOAVMAEguRN.jpgDV0ZnkzUMAAMtjL.jpg

MeteorGarden2018 still cut DV4MNQJUQAEt-2Y.jpg

Spoiler

DV4LhbLUMAQhBBU.jpg

DV4LiG7VwAA6TRt.jpgDV4MNd0V4AEQiPY.jpg

Spoiler

DV4Lir-UMAA_1Ir.jpg

DV4LjnyU0AA3FuY.jpg

DV4ML_EUQAAUu38.jpg

DV4MMp4UQAEw4Nn.jpg

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

but i guess some times old story lines is better than new one :) 

THISSSSSSS!!!!! Seriously this is so true!!!! The dramaland has evolved so much like we have earth shattering romances between alien and human, robot and human and what not, but I always like the old school dramas like this even though they are cliched as hell. What is more satisfying than seeing arrogant chaebol jerk getting whipped by a feisty girl coming from a middle class family. Nothing I say. 

I see a lot of people being doubtful of angie chai. And I'm not that familiar with her as a producer but whatever I'm reading about the drama is at-least reassuring. She talks about how the drama has to be the adapted to today's youth's mindset so it is relatable to them. To do that, they changed alot of elements, even apparently made dao ming si little less rude? and more communicative. Idk I like the changes from what I'm hearing and the leads + f3 are well casted. I have lower expectations, but I don't think this is going to be a mess going by the producer's words. They seem to have put a lot of efforts to make this show relatable to today's youth. 

• 4 weeks later...

Alright since the filming is almost over, the show is going to release soon. Whoever is passing by this thread, please request this show at viki on this page https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/  and write the title as 'meteor garden (2018).' I hope that enough requests are accumulated by the time show airs, so we can watch it while it's airing!! 

Oh and whoever has a dramafever account can also request this show here: https://dramafever.typeform.com/to/vocj3m

• 1 month later...

Watched most of the previous version, like Shen yue in ALSB so will give this a try as well, hope they have some nice ost to go along with the drama, nice music can make a drama so much better 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 9:21 PM, mcrmyechelon09 said:

I'm getting confused...Is this still a taiwanese drama reboot or Mainland China drama?

It's my understanding that it is a Taiwan-China co-production, which will air in both Taiwan and in Mainland China. The producer is Taiwanese, but I think a lot of the financing came from China. 

The trailer loods good, but the voice dubbing is awful! I'm really disappointed that we won't hear the actors' own voices. Although there is a rumor that the online version of the drama will not have dubbing. I pray that this is true and that international viewers can see the undubbed version please!

Hello !!! So..umm..I coincedentally found the trailer at youtube..and I was like..what??seriously? Coz TBH..Meteor Garden is the first Asian drama I watched and got hooked with it (until I watch the 3 remakes except for the Meteor Shower..I skipped that one lol). when I saw the trailer, the first thing came to my mind is the song..Oh My God! Qing fei di yi !! Brought back all of my college days memories..hahaha.

Anyway...I'm excited to see this new version...and I wont have too high expectations coz I dont want to get disappointed (and it killed me the last time a remake made me disappointed 2 years ago..lol)

So...I'm going to follow this post, and hopefully I could watch this show in my country (or maybe just watch it on the internet..they will air it in internet also, rite?can a woman be full of hopes?..hehehe)...see you later guys

Archived