[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

29 minutes ago, kokodus said:

They should really get Jing back. They have already changed the story so much, so let this be another one - Lei and Jing ending up together as a couple. It will be great. I'm starting to warm up to Lei, I really don't want him to be the only single one at the end when everyone get their own love story. Sighhh

why do you think they have changed the story ?.. it is pretty much on the same track

yooho! SC gets the necklace tomorrow and a kiss :) and they start dating.. she confesses.. dylan is the cutest puppy in the preview

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Dramachingu said:

Episode 21-22 get ready for the heart break HZL is the real mvp. You may hit the SLS you were waiting for. In my case I am way too biased towards Ep 23-24 we are gettin

These two are cute

Darn!.. is that girl jing in last video?

Darren is so freaking handsome, cute .. and kind of manly here..  i can't imagine how girls around his age are controlling themselves from having a crush on him :P 

1 minute ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

why do you think they have changed the story ?.. it is pretty much on the same track

yooho! SC gets the necklace tomorrow and a kiss :) and they start dating.. she confesses.. dylan is the cutest puppy in the preview

It is a fact that they have changed a certain things. You know it. The bullying, the Li zhen arc, etc...LOL. I didn't say that in a complaining tone, I like all the changes that have been made so far. I think they have been clever in keeping the essence of the story while tinkering it here and there to suit the today's audience. 

And yes excited about tomorrow's eps even though I'll be able to watch it only after two days with subs. Sighhh. Anyways seems like Monkey girl's arc didn't even last 4 eps... Lol. 

oh dear lord!

Thank you for small mercies..

i thought he is 18 or 19.. he is 23.. that's a safe age to crush on him :P 

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

It is a fact that they have changed a certain things. You know it. The bullying, the Li zhen arc, etc...LOL. I didn't say that in a complaining tone, I like all the changes that have been made so far. I think they have been clever in keeping the essence of the story while tinkering it here and there to suit the today's audience. 

And yes excited about tomorrow's eps even though I'll be able to watch it only after two days with subs. Sighhh. Anyways seems like Monkey girl's arc didn't even last 4 eps... Lol. 

individual arcs are toned down.. but the broad story is pretty much the same..i thought you were referring to overall plot and that is what got me wondering..

i officially don't care anymore.. they have casted such wonderful main male leads.. and their acting can carry even crap of a plot for me :)  or maybe i am just shallow as ximun.. when it comes to pretty face

for once i really like this monkey girl (i think team has done really well in casting people.. even for minor roles)..  i really didn't like the monkey girl in korean version (but then she had worse barometer in female lead) or in japanese version (don't remember thai one)

Everything is progressing so quickly.  There is someone keeping track of storylines on Twitter and apparently the show is following pretty much every single events that occurred in the manga.

Also another badass Shancai vs. MIL scene.  I love her so much.

11 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

oh dear lord!

Thank you for small mercies..

i thought he is 18 or 19.. he is 23.. that's a safe age to crush on him :P 

Hey what does it make of me who is crushing on a 19 year old puppy??? SIGHHHHHH. Darren Chen is my age, but I only want Dylan Wang. You can have Darren, I'll not fight with you. Lol. 

I actually did like the monkey girl in the Korean version. Lee Min Jung, right?? Thought she did a good job of portraying a spoiled brat. There is no Thai version, is there??? Now that you mentioned it, I totally think that thai people should do a remake of this show as well. They are always good with remakes. Kiss me, is one of my favorite version of Itazura na kiss, only next to ISWAK though. 

4 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

Everything is progressing so quickly.  There is someone keeping track of storylines on Twitter and apparently the show is following pretty much every single events that occurred in the manga.

Ohh that's great!!! Now I want to go and finish the manga. How did the manga end??? Do they get married?? Kids??? 

11 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Hey what does it make of me who is crushing on a 19 year old puppy??? SIGHHHHHH. Darren Chen is my age, but I only want Dylan Wang. You can have Darren, I'll not fight with you. Lol. 

I actually did like the monkey girl in the Korean version. Lee Min Jung, right?? Thought she did a good job of portraying a spoiled brat. There is no Thai version, is there??? Now that you mentioned it, I totally think that thai people should do a remake of this show as well. They are always good with remakes. Kiss me, is one of my favorite version of Itazura na kiss, only next to ISWAK though. 

oh sorry i meant taiwanese version with barbie.. i can't recall who played the role there ( although that version has the prettiest SC's part time job friend.. raine young right?)..  i think i don't like korean version overall (i like rui's arc for sure.. and LMH's portions.. other than that sorry for being a broken record but the lead actress really did ruin it for me.. Kim bum and KSEs arc was somewhat cute)

lol.. i am consciously staying away from that 19 yr old puppy because then there will be no turning back.. did you see him roll his eyes in the new episodes when Lei tries another trick to get SC adn DM together during their fighting :) .. oh god soooo cute (ya ok.. everytime Lei's face comes up.. i forget dylan.. isn't SC lucky..2 super super hot guys.. scratch that .. the actress.. 3 super hot guys and 2 of the most popular manga plots in her kitty.. and kissing all 3 guys :( )

10 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ohh that's great!!! Now I want to go and finish the manga. How did the manga end??? Do they get married?? Kids??? 

japanese version, they got married and that one stays true to manga..so hoping they did get married.. they have a honeymoon.. didn't reach kids stage

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

japanese version, they got married and that one stays true to manga..so hoping they did get married.. they have a honeymoon.. didn't reach kids stage

She says she is pregnant in the honeymoon. That was actually the cutest little show I have really watched. I can't stress enough. The movie doesn't make sense for most parts, but the last parts when they two get stranded on the island and then how they eventually learn that if they had each other, they don't need anyone/anything else. And if course the wedding, they get married at the place where Tsukasa waits for a long time for her during their first date. In the honeymoon, she says that there is going to be a little Tsukasa who is going to come and compete for his love with her. Hehehe. It's amazing how much I remember....

15 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. i am consciously staying away from that 19 yr old puppy because then there will be no turning back..  

I'm already in soooo deep. There is really no turning back for me. LOL. My favourite pass time these days is ogling at his pics in pinterest. 

@kokodusThey only become engaged by the final volume of the manga and Tsukushi still has to attend and finish her 4 years of college.

I'm thinking the producer will be following the Japanese drama version as the spoiler video I posted earlier looked very close to this description of the second season HYD ending.  But her dress looked so much like a wedding dress though so who knows.

Spoiler

HYD ends with Makino missing the graduation ceremony and runs to the prom only to find everyone has left. she goes inside to a darken auditorium only to be confronted by Douymji demanding to know where she has been and why isn't she wearing the dress he brought her. he then confesses his love for her and proposes. Makino accepts his proposal and the lights come out fireworks go off and she discovers everyone is still in the auditorium. F3 comes out and they all dance and celebrate their engagement

im really confused about how to take the "fiance arc" and how fast its going guys ...

normaly i really like her she even manage to have a strong friendship with both makino and domyoji in the original story 

Spoiler

since she helps the domiyoji family and even will be there on their wedding ect 

in the korean version she even helps geum jandi in macao when she almost gets robbed and stuff ! they realy have a cool friendship buildup 

yet here it seems extra rushed and she it makes her look super EXTRA .. i dont know :/ 

-----------------------------------

also about time the "maid arc" is here !!!!! 

its where they both get really close and domestic and i live for that !!!!! also im sensing a confession from sanshai too ? ABOUT TIME ITS BEEN OVER 20 eps xD ! the boy had tried everything to win that heart xDD

give us some quality otp episodes ..; cuz we all know dark times are still coming 

---------

also shoutout to :

Awedcx for the amazing Mv , the song went so well with doming si pov 

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

okay folks!

you have got to watch proud of love.. Darren is so funny and dumb (in the first minute itself).. its just another side to him

Proud of Love? what is that.

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

She says she is pregnant in the honeymoon. That was actually the cutest little show I have really watched. I can't stress enough. The movie doesn't make sense for most parts, but the last parts when they two get stranded on the island and then how they eventually learn that if they had each other, they don't need anyone/anything else. And if course the wedding, they get married at the place where Tsukasa waits for a long time for her during their first date. In the honeymoon, she says that there is going to be a little Tsukasa who is going to come and compete for his love with her. Hehehe. It's amazing how much I remember....

omg watching DS find out hes a father would be the most amazing thing ever his reaction im anticipating so hard. 

I hope they will make a movie for this Chinese version of Meteor Garden just like what Hana Yori Dango did, but I doubt they will make it though :tears:  That’s why I think Hana Yori Dango will still remain the version that has the most satisfying ending because they did a movie 

18 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

I hope they will make a movie for this Chinese version of Meteor Garden just like what Hana Yori Dango did, but I doubt they will make it though :tears:  That’s why I think Hana Yori Dango will still remain the version that has the most satisfying ending because they did a movie 

I think I read somewhere that Angie Chai is planning for a movie once this is over. Dunno how true that is.....But you know if they could include the wedding in the show itself, which is what is going to happen I think, then I'll be plenty satisfied. Lol.

Archived