[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

nope.. the raw version released, had close up shot.. and then i watched it with subs and the scene was cut short.. unfortunately when these sites upload subbed version, they remove raw

WHAT IN THE WORLD???? Why would they cut scenes like that??? Oh my God, am I missing too much by not watching the raws??? SIGHHHHHH

________

Thanks for the info about monkey girl's storyline being there only for a few eps. That makes me wonder what else story is there to fill the remaining eps. I'm sure they will come up with something. Just don't drag the amnesia plot for more eps. I'm fine with anything else. 

@Wotad Si's Mom does come to accept her at the end. When he gets into a accident which leads to his memory loss, she finally comes to her senses. That's what I remember anyways. 

@USAFarmgirl Hiya! You are here!!!!!!! Glad that you are enjoying the show. Always nice to see you!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wotad said:

Does DS mum ever come to accept SC? 

Spoiler

If they follow the manga, no she never really accepted Tsukushi/SC. It's more like she relented and came to a compromise with Tsukasa/DMS, i.e. he has to take over the business for 4 years, then he can do whatever he likes with his life later.

12 minutes ago, kokodus said:

________

Thanks for the info about monkey girl's storyline being there only for a few eps. That makes me wonder what else story is there to fill the remaining eps. I'm sure they will come up with something. Just don't drag the amnesia plot for more eps. I'm fine with anything else. 

LOL Don't worry, in the manga the amnesia plot was very short; I don't know why of all the conflicts to pick from, MG 2 (Taiwanese version) picked that to drag it out. It was my least favorite conflict >.< 

I'm curious however with the censorship rules, how are they going to adapt the 10+ major plot points about DMS's mom interfering with the relationship by using her wealth and power? o_O

Just saw on Twitter that ep 21 will be released on Monday (in China) as usual hurray ~ :D and the preview for ep 26 (?) above looks so good! This is one of the smarter deviation from the manga, I like it! (In the manga it was the chef guy who rescued SC and then called Tsukasa/DMS's house, then Tsubaki/DMS's sister to pick SC up, which was too convoluted I think. The changes made here suit DMS's character and cut straight to the point as well. This means we will get the classic maid + necklace scenes very soon aaaaah so excited!! :D)

I started watching Taiwanese version after reading all the comments about it in different drama sites last week and currently on ep 15 and have to say I hope this version is not going to drag out 27 eps of story into 48 eps. Ep 15 ended where Chinese ver ep 20 ended. 

@insertusernamehere The amnesia storyline is necessary, but I just hope they dont drag it out and keep it short like in the manga as you said. I actually like the part when he regains his memory in both the k and J versions. In the J version, the "stuck in the blizzard" scene happens during that time and he impulsively runs over to save her before even regaining his memories. It tells how like a magnet he is attracted to her with or without his memory. Haha. 

I'm trying hard to keep myself from watching that preview above. Can't wait for this week's eps. It's unbelievable to see how much I'm addicted to this show. I can't think of anything else other than Si and his innocent face. LOL. 

About Lei, I don't think I'll ever have a SLS here. C'mon why would I ship her with Lei when he doesn't even like her in that way????? He said it himself. I actually am liking Lei a lot in these recent eps. His snarky comments and reactions whenever Si does something stupid.....is amazing. I especially love that scene in the cafeteria when Shan Cai came to pick a fight with Si and mockingly congratulate him for the engagement and Lei is like " Engagement??? That is your long story?" He is so cute. Also love that scene for other reasons like how Shan Cai is very upset about this whole engagement and the fact that he grabbed someone else's hands and ran away. LOL. It was hilarious and cute. She is jealous but she won't admit it yet. Sighhhhh

24 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@insertusernamehere The amnesia storyline is necessary, but I just hope they dont drag it out and keep it short like in the manga as you said. I actually like the part when he regains his memory in both the k and J versions. In the J version, the "stuck in the blizzard" scene happens during that time and he impulsively runs over to save her before even regaining his memories. It tells how like a magnet he is attracted to her with or without his memory. Haha. 

I'm trying hard to keep myself from watching that preview above. Can't wait for this week's eps. It's unbelievable to see how much I'm addicted to this show. I can't think of anything else other than Si and his innocent face. LOL. 

About Lei, I don't think I'll ever have a SLS here. C'mon why would I ship her with Lei when he doesn't even like her in that way????? He said it himself. I actually am liking Lei a lot in these recent eps. His snarky comments and reactions whenever Si does something stupid.....is amazing. I especially love that scene in the cafeteria when Shan Cai came to pick a fight with Si and mockingly congratulate him for the engagement and Lei is like " Engagement??? That is your long story?" He is so cute. Also love that scene for other reasons like how Shan Cai is very upset about this whole engagement and the fact that he grabbed someone else's hands and ran away. LOL. It was hilarious and cute. She is jealous but she won't admit it yet. Sighhhhh

In the other versions does Lei like her in that way? I feel like in the K version he does end up loving her, but happy to be with her but not WITH her in that way. If that makes sense. I feel like in this drama he's at the stage where he's realizing he does love and want to protect her-- that he does admit to DMS mom. Does he love her in 'that way' I'm not sure but I can see in his eyes that he's looking at her a little more and a little differently. In the K version he just wanted to be next to her, and I feel like he did have a confession of love coming up (in the Macau episodes) but chickened out or after Jun pyo saved his life from the crazy dude he felt indebted to him perhaps?

I feel like SLS will be strong w/ Lei if he's written properly. We get that he's more tame and quiet and boring and I doubt him and SLS would EVER fight the way DMS and her do, only because Lei is starting to know and understand her just as well as he understands DMS and that was my favorite part of the k version-- Jan di + Ji Hoo interactions when Jun pyo is with monkey girl and amnesia. He's really there for her emotionally.. and I really don't know any male - female relationships/friendships that are like that unless one of the parties is in love the other person. 

30 minutes ago, maisquared said:

In the other versions does Lei like her in that way? I feel like in the K version he does end up loving her, but happy to be with her but not WITH her in that way. If that makes sense. I feel like in this drama he's at the stage where he's realizing he does love and want to protect her-- that he does admit to DMS mom. Does he love her in 'that way' I'm not sure but I can see in his eyes that he's looking at her a little more and a little differently. In the K version he just wanted to be next to her, and I feel like he did have a confession of love coming up (in the Macau episodes) but chickened out or after Jun pyo saved his life from the crazy dude he felt indebted to him perhaps?

I feel like SLS will be strong w/ Lei if he's written properly. We get that he's more tame and quiet and boring and I doubt him and SLS would EVER fight the way DMS and her do, only because Lei is starting to know and understand her just as well as he understands DMS and that was my favorite part of the k version-- Jan di + Ji Hoo interactions when Jun pyo is with monkey girl and amnesia. He's really there for her emotionally.. and I really don't know any male - female relationships/friendships that are like that unless one of the parties is in love the other person. 

Ji hoo does end up loving Jan Di and that is the reason I didn't warm up to his character till the end. That and the fact that he can't act. LOL. I mean why would you fall in love with your best friend's girlfriend??? And yes as you said, he even tries to confess to her when he knew there is no chance between Jandi and Jun Pyo. It's like he was waiting for a chance for them to break up so that he can swoop in. I'm sorry for being harsh, but I never really liked Ji hoo. Oguri shun's Rui was a different case. He was a mystery till the end. LOL. But you can tell he genuinely roots for Makino and Domoyouji to be together. 

I think Lei is in the same page as Rui. I think Lei sees her with admiration only and not you know, in that way. Idk that's how I feel. He likes her and will definitely protect her even from Si, if needed, because he is her friend. Let them stay as best friends please. LOL. 

finally found an  actual place where i can talk about my actual obsession ! METEORGARDEN 2018 ! 

by now i eat MG i work mg i workout mg ! 

its just everyhting i think about xD

dont get me wrong ive always been the biggest fan of the hana yoridango story anyways ( actually watched every single remake version ever... and when i say every single one ITS EVERY SINGLE ONE / even the unlisted one ... indian version , turkish version/ .. ect)

what makes this version special tho is how soft it is !?? ( i understand that most of it is bcuz of the chinese laws ) but i aint made at it !

f4 for once are not just  rich kids that seems bored with their life and just seem to hangout together bcuz everybody is afraid /think of them as gods 

but bcuz they really love eatchothers and care about the relationship they all have 

also im impressed at how mush its following the manga !

Spoiler

( lowkey hoping its not gonna have the same ending ! bcuz yo girl want a real happy ending !!!! MAYBE A WEDDING LIKE IN HANADAN JDRAMA or even a prewed life , like in the movie when they traveled and tested theit love  ;; *hopes*)

also i wish they gave Si a bit more '' angry'' moments tho .. that would have gave him more impact , i mean  the iconic switch from a comfused , very lonely , missunderstood fella to a very loving man that want to protect and actually fight for someone and something IS WHAT MAKES DOMIYOJI TSUKASA !! 

i see people getting mad at the forced kiss scene in the very few first eps ! GIRLLLLLLL  yall never checked the OG domiyoji ??? THAT BOY WAS INSINE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES XD 

Spoiler

from ultra violance ! finding enjoyment in bullying hurting others ! Rape behaviours and being forceful , having no limits when it comes to his spoiled rich richard simmons lol .... 

but as i said befor i aint made at it that mush .. also dylan is sush a cuty and isnt half bad as i expected him to be ! he got charisma and portrayed a childish cute si that im loving now xD

anyways we are almost halfway ! and i really wish for more lovey dovyness 

for now doming si is the only one leading the romance ... 

so i hope the fiance arc is not gonna take forever . cuz hopefuly we are finaly gonna have a quality couple time after that 

ps: CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW CUTE AND PUPPY LIKE LEI IS IN THIS VERSION ?? OMG XD 

11 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

finally found an  actual place where i can talk about my actual obsession ! METEORGARDEN 2018 ! 

by now i eat MG i work mg i workout mg ! 

its just everyhting i think about xD

dont get me wrong ive always been the biggest fan of the hana yoridango story anyways ( actually watched every single remake version ever... and when i say every single one ITS EVERY SINGLE ONE / even the unlisted one ... indian version , turkish version/ .. ect)

what makes this version special tho is how soft it is !?? ( i understand that most of it is bcuz of the chinese laws ) but i aint made at it !

ps: CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW CUTE AND PUPPY LIKE LEI IS IN THIS VERSION ?? OMG XD 

Lmao you really have seen every version!  I prefer how less insane they’ve adapted the  Doumuoji character. This new interpretation makes it more realistic to believe in his change in behavior.  I really couldn’t handle the original character in the manga. 

I think the actor portraying Lei is actually bringing a new color to this character vs his predecessors. Besides his cuteness I love how sometimes he has this I’m so done with you look on his face, like when he saw Si trip Shancai at the snow lodge LOL

@kokodus I feel like those scenes plus the one of the at :55 seem like promotional shots rather than scenes from the drama. She was there in the bus too. But it’s random that it would be that actress and not Jing. Maybe she originally was supposed to play Jing?

@rimjayc Welcome to soompi and to this thread!!!!! I love when new people join us in this obsession. And hahaha, I can't believe you have watched the Indian version as well. I tried, but it was too long. LOL. 

I'm not even kidding when I say my heart and soul has been completely taken over by this show. LOL. I usually watch 3-4 dramas at a time, but now I'm watching only this show. Keep watching and rewatching the eps, MVs, browsing thru all social networking sites like Twitter, insta, Tumblr etc about this show. Sigh. I'm so doomed. 

And yes, Lei is getting cuter with each ep. I live for his reactions whenever Si does something stupid. LOL. He looks like the most pure and innocent kid you've ever seen. hahaha. 

6 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

Lmao you really have seen every version!  I prefer how less insane they’ve adapted the  Doumuoji character. This new interpretation makes it more realistic to believe in his change in behavior.  I really couldn’t handle the original character in the manga. 

ho i really did xD ... hashtag obsessed 

and i agree the characters behaviors in the original script/manga can be overboard ! but it was a fiction and Kamio yoko ( the mangaka) intended it to be extream and harsh ! she really wanted to show how money and power can drive people to be the worst and have no limits ! but also love and genuiness can be the key to positive change and courage 

i love dramatic changes ! and there is nothing like that shows it like a domiyoji tsukasa  <3 

-----------------

and yes lei in this remake is a stand alone somehow !! haha 

i can still picture his " flame"  of the love moves when they all were making fun of si and sanshai stuck in the snow till now xD that was the cuttest thing ever and it adds a bit of fun to this chara here !

i really hope he will keep his position with sanshai just as her " bestfriend" or protector in here ! and wont fall in love with her and make it hard for si all over again .. 

I was watching Goblin and was falling asleep through it but then i heard new episodes of this show were on netflix and watched them without closing my eyes at all ;o Is this magic. 

This was a few days ago where i had to catch up on a few meteor garden episode's but they kept me awake ;p

2 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I was watching Goblin and was falling asleep through it but then i heard new episodes of this show were on netflix and watched them without closing my eyes at all ;o Is this magic. 

New eps??? Today??? Are you serious??? 

Would you guys say the JP version is the 1st/2nd best after this one?

I think i would have preferred it watching SC change DS i think the impact would have been alot better. 

New eps??? Today??? Are you serious??? 

No this was a few days ago ;p my bad for getting your hope up. 

I just had some Meteor garden episodes to catch up on and they kept me awake. 

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@rimjayc Welcome to soompi and to this thread!!!!! I love when new people join us in this obsession. And hahaha, I can't believe you have watched the Indian version as well. I tried, but it was too long. LOL. 

I'm not even kidding when I say my heart and soul has been completely taken over by this show. LOL. I usually watch 3-4 dramas at a time, but now I'm watching only this show. Keep watching and rewatching the eps, MVs, browsing thru all social networking sites like Twitter, insta, Tumblr etc about this show. Sigh. I'm so doomed. 

And yes, Lei is getting cuter with each ep. I live for his reactions whenever Si does something stupid. LOL. He looks like the most pure and innocent kid you've ever seen. hahaha. 

omg thank you  for the welcoming <3 

in my defense i skiped a bunch of episodes  ( for the indian version) cuz it started to be silly and too muhs of a drag ! BUT HEY ITS MY FAVORIT STORY AND I HAD TO WATCH IT XD

AND ME TOO lmao ! by now im always on the look for new gifs new fanmades or just news of the cast itself !its an obsession by now and we are all in this together haha

@Wotad You caused me an heart attack. LOL. I would still say J version is the best. Who knows how this version will end, so for now I can't put this version above the J version but there are very high chances for this to surpass and take the crown. LOL. 

@rimjayc I have seen many Indian soaps so it's not the length that I was scared of basically, but somehow I didnt feel connected to that version. Maybe I should have tried more eps. I remember the hero being completely hot. LOL. Keep posting here and let's feed each other's obsession. LOL. The wait is loooooong and coming here and talking to people here kinda lessen the pain. Hahaha. 

Archived