[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

4 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Right?!  He was yelling right before that so I totally thought he would yell "I like you", but then he went and spoke all softly.  I face palmed.  It's cute that he's shy in vocalizing his feelings for her and he does make up for it with plenty of actions. It's a shame Shencai is so dense at the moment lol.

I think it's easy for us to say she's dense BUT I can see how he's hard to read sometimes (from her character standpoint). Sometimes he's all sweet and dreamy and we can see her thought processes, but then other times he's tripping her and saying he'd rather not go to Canada if she's going to be there etcetc. He goes from hot to cold really easy so I feel like right when she thinks she understands him (with like the cooking competition and stuff) he goes and leaves their date while calling her stupid..yah I'd be frustrated if I were Ah si too (haha) but his hot/cold does make it easy for someone like Shancai --who likes to think about things a lot-- to doubt what his feelings are for her.

With that said I'm totally ready for them to reveal their emotions in a real way. I mainly just watch the ending over and over again lolz because I want sweet kisses and :love: all around. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love DMS interactions with SC! I'm on ep 12 and just love it when he misses her and wants to see her, especially the part where he facetimed her and Lei holds the phone for him to see SC walking. Tian Ye is a cutie too!!! I forgot his character in the other series?? And lmao when DMS was half naked and says he has abs....too funny. Dylan Wang is skinny, F4 needs more meat on them. 

Ah Si is too childish and petty. LOL. Endearing at the same time. I can tell why Shan Cai is puzzled by his actions. But did he already confess that he likes her after that near rape incident. He told her to think about, wonder what happened to that event. Maybe she thinks he gave up on her because of Lei? Then shouldn't she be the one who should take the initiative. Then again she is unsure of her own feelings about him sighhhh. These two puppies.....when will they grow up. But I kinda don't want them to grow up. Petty and childish Ah Si who trips the girl he is in love with and laughs seeing her fall, I'll never get bored of that. LOL. When mom arrives, everything is going to go down and we might lose our playful and innocent Ah Si. Guess even his pineapple head will be gone ./cries. He will completely change into a different person and on one hand I'm looking forward to it as well. The manly and serious Si....

lol..ep 16.. Hwaza lei's arc shaping up.. and darren can act ... very well :)

I recently discovered DEATH NOTE.. its awesome.. and well.. i can totally see Darren being L and Dylan being Light yagami :) .. need this to happen for real

is it just me who thinks HL didn't go out and didn't allow others to go search for them because he was playing cupid.. even in that dire scenario?

Lei is the sensible one while Si is the impulsive one. LOL. But yeah I also think part of the reason why he didn't go out is to let Si find her. I'm kinda warming up to him actually. He genuinely feels happy for these two and wants them to be together. Unlike Ji hoo, who I always thought was upset and salty that he didn't get the girl. LOL. 

Playing Like a river by Bishop Briggs whenever Si is angry/mad is epic. He already looks hot but when he is angry he looks ten times more hot and they had to amplify it by playing that song. LOL. It makes me go crazy. Hahaha

After watching episode 16 on Netflix I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the subbing quality of this ep. The person mistranslated a couple of parts, especially the ending when he confessed. He said “I like you” not “I love you”.  

Yeah that’s been on the back of my mind too that he had already said he liked her after he rescued her from the goons last time. But I’m guessing that time it was said lightly whereas now there’s a heavier attachment to it, so it means much more to him to be able to say it to her. 

Oh yeah, I realized that he only said 'i like you' and not 'i love you' After watching a few Chinese shows over the years it will be a shame if I didn't even know the difference between those two words in Chinese. LOLOL. But yeah, I'm fine with 'i like you' he only had to tell it loud and not whisper it to himself. Sighhh. Guess there will be plenty of other scenes in the future where he would have to tell 'i love you' Hehehe. 

Another example to prove that he is the real.life Dao Ming Si. 

tumblr_pcfegxIorv1rzwtjbo2_500.gif

tumblr_pcfegxIorv1rzwtjbo4_r1_500.gif

I want the first ILY moment to be impactful so I don’t like that the translator is just throwing it around carelessly in the subs.  

I think Shenyue enjoys those questions because she gets to take revenge on Dylan for picking on her.  She re-enacted that with such strength lol.

I hope they’ll keep being really good friends since they’re both very young and just starting their careers. But my shipper heart hopes that maybe five years or so down the line they’ll reunite for some new projects and realize their romantic feelings and get together for real then, just like some other famous China actor couples.  Then we’ll have a real life Daoming Si and Shancai haha. 

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ah Si is too childish and petty. LOL. Endearing at the same time. I can tell why Shan Cai is puzzled by his actions. But did he already confess that he likes her after that near rape incident. He told her to think about, wonder what happened to that event. Maybe she thinks he gave up on her because of Lei? Then shouldn't she be the one who should take the initiative. Then again she is unsure of her own feelings about him sighhhh. These two puppies.....when will they grow up. But I kinda don't want them to grow up. Petty and childish Ah Si who trips the girl he is in love with and laughs seeing her fall, I'll never get bored of that. LOL. When mom arrives, everything is going to go down and we might lose our playful and innocent Ah Si. Guess even his pineapple head will be gone ./cries. He will completely change into a different person and on one hand I'm looking forward to it as well. The manly and serious Si....

I love it as well them teasing and each other i live for. 

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

Lei is the sensible one while Si is the impulsive one. LOL. But yeah I also think part of the reason why he didn't go out is to let Si find her. I'm kinda warming up to him actually. He genuinely feels happy for these two and wants them to be together. Unlike Ji hoo, who I always thought was upset and salty that he didn't get the girl. LOL. 

Playing Like a river by Bishop Briggs whenever Si is angry/mad is epic. He already looks hot but when he is angry he looks ten times more hot and they had to amplify it by playing that song. LOL. It makes me go crazy. Hahaha

yeah im liking Lei a bit more now, 

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

After watching episode 16 on Netflix I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the subbing quality of this ep. The person mistranslated a couple of parts, especially the ending when he confessed. He said “I like you” not “I love you”.  

Yeah that’s been on the back of my mind too that he had already said he liked her after he rescued her from the goons last time. But I’m guessing that time it was said lightly whereas now there’s a heavier attachment to it, so it means much more to him to be able to say it to her. 

Was it just the end badly subbed or more? 

@Wotad The other part I noticed was at the beginning of the gaming part after Shancai left to go look for her friend and DMS was still playing.  He was waiting for her moves I guess and said something along the lines of "this piggy teammate, you're already a bother and now you've gone missing.... where did they(meaning SC, not a group) go?"  That's how he started running out to look for her.  Netflix subs made it seemed like he was just talking about some other male player.  It's not as big a deal as the "I like you" but I'm OCD when it comes to details like that so it bothered me lol.   

Okay my favourite moment from today's eps would be Si and Lei's bromance scene in the beginning of 17th ep. Even while watching the other versions I have always thought Si and Lei are more close to each other than to the other two and similarly Ximen and Meizuo seem like one team. LOL. I really loved that part when Jing called and Lei didn't know how to face her Si quickly grabbed the phone and started talking like nothing happened. Who said he is childish?? He is the most thoughtful one. But maybe he is only sensitive to Lei's feelings because a thoughtful person wouldn't just go and ruin their supposed girlfriend's highschool reunion. LOLOLOL. Tsk tsk Ah Si I think you are suffering from a serious case of Foot in the mouth disorder. Sighhh. 

I think the other F4 boys are going to go bald soon thinking of ways to get Si and Shan Cai together. I kinda really love how involved they all are. LOL. 

46 minutes ago, transki said:

Anyone know why there are no raw episodes today? I was so excited about today’s :bawling:

They've gone back to the original broadcast schedule.  Apparently it was just a one time situation last week when they also aired on Thursday.  I think this way they'll be able to end on a Wednesday like usual at 48.  There have been a bunch of new exciting dramas that premiered, you should check them out to fill the void until Monday.

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

Okay my favourite moment from today's eps would be Si and Lei's bromance scene in the beginning of 17th ep. Even while watching the other versions I have always thought Si and Lei are more close to each other than to the other two and similarly Ximen and Meizuo seem like one team. LOL. I really loved that part when Jing called and Lei didn't know how to face her Si quickly grabbed the phone and started talking like nothing happened. Who said he is childish?? He is the most thoughtful one. But maybe he is only sensitive to Lei's feelings because a thoughtful person wouldn't just go and ruin their supposed girlfriend's highschool reunion. LOLOLOL. Tsk tsk Ah Si I think you are suffering from a serious case of Foot in the mouth disorder. Sighhh. 

I think the other F4 boys are going to go bald soon thinking of ways to get Si and Shan Cai together. I kinda really love how involved they all are. LOL. 

It wasn't until I watched in HD that I realized how EXTRA they were during that hospital scene.  Going as far as shedding real tears :lol:

13 hours ago, lan_lan said:

I hope they’ll keep being really good friends since they’re both very young and just starting their careers. But my shipper heart hopes that maybe five years or so down the line they’ll reunite for some new projects and realize their romantic feelings and get together for real then, just like some other famous China actor couples.  Then we’ll have a real life Daoming Si and Shancai haha. 

I was going to say like Matsu Jun and Inoue Mao. Hehehe. I was so elated when I heard that they are dating in real life as well and are probably married by now but are not going public about it. Sighhhh. But it's ok my heart just filled when I knew that they took their romance off screen as well. It's too cute for words. But these two are too young, I'm just happy that their off screen relationship is as good as their onscreen one. They seem like besties. 

Ahhahaha just ranting some moments i like about DMS....

1. the moment when he make silly faces at the cooking conpetition, that was childish yet I find it cute. 

2. the way he supports her and believe in her....I forgot this is a significant point in their relationship bc they support and believe in each other. 

3. How DMS reminds her that she is dumb and use her brain or everytime he calls her "idiot" I just laugh because I know he doesnt mean it in a bad or mean way.

4. How DMS is so smitten when he hangs out with SC!

Did anyone read the manga? Is this newer version similar to the manga?? I dont remember the cooking competition in the Tawainese version or the Japanese version??? Also, do the F4 guys sing the osts?? The osts are good. And yesterday, I was rewatching a clip of Hana Yori Dango, and A flavor of Life song came on, where Domyouji told Makino that rhe flavor of life reminds him of the lousy cookie that she made, sigh one of my favorite moments of them! 

First, let me say "Thank You" to everyone in the forum for all of the  news, gifs, etc. posts about this drama. I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts and analysis on the drama and episodes. 

So, I have started this drama and so far I am enjoying it. I like many of the changes made for this version as it keeps the story fresh and interesting. I have to admit, it's a bit jarring to see F4 are now champion Bridge players, but I'm trying to just go with it.  And then there was this line from episode 1 regarding F4:

"...They are players, but they respect women"  Excuse me for a minute: Hahahahaha!...LMAO!

OK-I'm back.

I do like that the bullying has been toned down in this version. It's more realistic that way since a lot of "mean behaviors" are subtle in real life.  Also like the way the Li Zhen story was handled-the reasons for her actions made sense and were believable. So was Shancai's forgiveness. Again, a more realistic take than the over the top melodrama of other versions. 

I think Dylan Wang's Daoming Si might just be my favorite version of this character.  He's not such an extreme bully here, and I like it. I always had a tough time believing that Shancai could fall for Si in the other versions because of his extreme nastiness and bullying behaviors. Now that that part of the character (and F4 in general) has been toned down, I find the Shancai/Si romance more believable. He is still not a perfect character and he has flaws that he needs to work on, but he is so supportive of Shancai here that I'm warming up to him very quickly.  I'm loving the chemistry between Shen Yue and Dylan Wang as well. 

With 48 episodes in this drama, I hope that we can see well developed characters and storylines, especially for all of the side characters. 

In other versions that I've watched, the other characters outside of Si, Shancai, and Lei usually are not developed and don't get their own stories.  I look forward to the next episodes!

I just finished ep 18!! I feel broken when DMS got beaten up, but I know that is the part that is going to tighten SC and DMS relationship. I like the fake dead scenes lmao. I also like the part where DMS took the phone from Lei and talked to Jing. In the other versions, Lei and DMS r semi more closer or a pair and Meizou and Ximen are another pair. So it was nice to see that friendly and brotherly scene between Lei and DMS. Now, I am worry but cannot wait for Mama Daoming to stir everything up!!! That's going to be the intermission in the plot! And I enjoy reading everyone's post and thoughts :). It is nice to see a fanbase here no matter how small.

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

And yesterday, I was rewatching a clip of Hana Yori Dango, and A flavor of Life song came on, where Domyouji told Makino that rhe flavor of life reminds him of the lousy cookie that she made, sigh one of my favorite moments of them! 

YESSSSSSS!!!! I love that song and I love that scene. I was also rewatching those parts not long ago. I'm waiting for that moment in this dramas. It will probably be in today's eps. Hopefully. Matsu Jun is so endearing as Tsukasa, really. I love him to core. I equally love Dylan as well, he takes pettiness to a whole new another level. I like their cute bickering and all but I also want them to share sweet lovey dovey moments too. I'm dying for some sugar. Pretty please. 

35 minutes ago, kokodus said:

YESSSSSSS!!!! I love that song and I love that scene. I was also rewatching those parts not long ago. I'm waiting for that moment in this dramas. It will probably be in today's eps. Hopefully. Matsu Jun is so endearing as Tsukasa, really. I love him to core. I equally love Dylan as well, he takes pettiness to a whole new another level. I like their cute bickering and all but I also want them to share sweet lovey dovey moments too. I'm dying for some sugar. Pretty please. 

Really!!! Omg I hope they have that scene with the cookie!! That will make my day. Can't wait for tomorrow eps.

Archived