Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

I think there are enough recaps and @ktcjdrama has translated clips to get a gist of what happened in episode 14 anyway. However, if anyone wants a line by line translation of any scenes, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. If you provide a clip, even better. :)

I realized that with DF having exclusive rights and with this drama not being on a more established channel, there doesn't seem to be any more releases of YT clips either. Oh well.

Still, hoping for a good ending. And, thinking about it and watching the preview again, it seems clear that MS says goodbye to everyone and goes away by himself for awhile. KJ has probably been told by his mother to break up with HI which he refuses to do. GB seems to be enjoying a comeback, though she's desperately lonely for MS. I"m thinking that ep 15 may end with MS going away. And, then hopefully, episode 16 will show his return.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone !  I'm new on this thread. 

I hope MS crushes his aunt she obviously killed his parents and try to kill him too.  Twice. He didnt die and all he does is cry ?!

She did not raise him his parents money did, she only saw him to chatise him, they never even had a meal together. But because they share blood he though she was family, okay I get it.

I think he should morne his fantasy then crush her, not walk away and give her what she wants because the thing with greed is that its unquenchable. They always want more.

Its really unfortunate about the subs, I wish there were a plateform where everything in centralised and you pay like 9,99€ (french girl here) and you get everything kind like netflix. 

Sadly they arent that many dramas on netflix.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Preview translation for ep 15. The audio wasn't very clear on this, but this is the amended version after I had a chance to listen to a clear audio version of this preview.

Ending of episode 14:
GB: Gong Ma Seong-sshi! Gong Ma Seong-sshi! Gong Ma Seong-sshi! Gong Ma Seong-sshi! Try to wake up! Gong Ma Seong-sshi! Wake up! Why are you like this?! Gong Ma Seong-sshi!

Preview of ep 15:
GB: We will definitely not separate. Every second, I’m going to only earnestly love Ma Seung.
MS: Where and how should I start putting my affairs in order?
KJ: If I separate with Fur, I think I will be sad every day, so I don’t want it.
MS: I want to go with you, but I have some work to do. Do your best. Don’t worry about me.
MS: I’m going on a vacation. I made the reservations awhile ago, so I can’t put it off.
GB: Come back quickly. I have so many things I want to tell you.

Ack! It looks as if MS is going away somewhere. Could we hope that he goes and gets a miracle cure of some kind? Pretty, pretty please?

Yeah I saw a BTS that he was in the airport somewhere

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images ( pics , vids etc ) . Remove before posting . TQ
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Your edits of the preview translation are off as well. I went and edited my original translation of the preview once I heard a clear version. My original version actually wasn't too far off. There was a bit on the final line where GB talks to herself asking MS to come back quickly, that she has a lot to tell him.

Aaack!! I translated from the Chinese subs... that means it's quite off too... sorry :tears:... That is why it's good sometimes to rewatch in English to get the right nuance. I usually do this with Netflix dramas when there are parts of the conversation that I'm not understanding well (eg.Stranger, Life). But the best bet is of course to learn Korean well. ~To self: Aja aja, hwaiting!! :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@stroppyse thank you so much for the episode recap! 

I wonder why GMS won't make his evil aunt and Dr. Yoon pay for their crimes even though he now knows they're the guilty party. I guess it's because they are the only family he has. But still...

I also wonder if Dr. Yoon might secretly know the way to cure GMS and maybe he'll have a change of hear towards the end and help GMS.

• Like 9

now I understand why people watch more than one ongoing Kdrama..so that when one gives you lemon, you can have coffee with the other.. oh well .. this is lemon, DJ..lemon you gave me this week 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 5

Okay I got to watch the live episode this morning. I’m glad I did.   Otherwise I would have missed so much from watching with IG clips.   What a bummer there isn’t eng sub.  
Sad episode but beautifully done by juxtaposing hopeful and happy GB next with crumbling MS.  Their lines are so poetic and heartbreaking.   
Here is my desperate hope for happy ending of OTP.  I’m beginning to wonder about MS’s head pain because  I don’t think dementia can cause this kind of pain?   Could it be some kind of induced pain?  OR if not, perhaps Dr Yoon changes his mind and can try some kind of treatment for MS, as the aunt seems to have such deep seated hatred and would rather see MS die.

yRs3IQR.gif

@stroppyse  @ktcjdrama  thank you for the translation.  

**This extended preview has extra scenes which shows MS in a hospital bed. Is MS unconscious?  The aunt talks about the treatment.  Maybe MS isn’t sick with dementia but something else?

PS I couldn’t figure out what the aunt is saying in her second line.
(GB talking to sec Yang ) Why didn’t you tell me honestly that he was getting worse and he was sick a lot?
(The aunt talking to Dr Yang)  This kid knew everything.   ((second line, inaudible  :frown:  ))
The  active/aggressive treatment should be stopped now// You need to stop the active/aggressive treatment now

1 hour ago, gutibear said:

now I understand why people watch more than one ongoing Kdrama..so that when one gives you lemon, you can have coffee with the other.. oh well .. this is lemon, DJ..lemon you gave me this week 

DJ lemon   :cookie:  :bawling:  :cookie:

8w04s9H.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, gutibear said:

@gutibear yes, watching more than one drama takes the sting out a little if one doesn't work out and it helps time fly by faster while you wait for new episodes. It's nice to be able to rotate. LOL 

BUT it still sucks that we don't have the remaining subbed episodes of DJ especially since we are so close to the end!!!

• Like 9

Translation of the extended preview. It has a couple of more lines, but not ones that raise my hopes. :(

GB: That you were getting worse, that you were in a lot of pain,  why didn’t you tell me about this truthfully? (me: I'm not sure that she was talking to Sec. Yang, though he was there. I thought she was perhaps addressing MS who is possibly comatose in bed since she was talking about telling the truth to her.)
Aunt: This child has found out everything.
Aunt: He’s lost his sense of taste. Active treatment should now be suspended.
GB: We absolutely won’t separate. Every moment, I’m only going to love Ma Seong-sshi.
MS: Where and how should I start to put things in order?
KJ: If I separate from Fur, I think I’ll be sad every day, so I don’t want to.
MS: I want to go with you, but I have a work thing. Do your best, and don’t worry about me.
MS: I’m going to go on a vacation. I made the reservations a long time ago, so I couldn’t delay them.
GB: Come back quickly. I have so many things to say.

Quick, someone give me some more reassurance. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I wonder why GMS won't make his evil aunt and Dr. Yoon pay for their crimes even though he now knows they're the guilty party. I guess it's because they are the only family he has. But still...

I think it's because MS is a good guy. He liked his aunt and Dr. Yoon and the rest of his family. It's come as a huge shock to him that his aunt hated him enough to try to have him killed. But even then, he's not vindictive. From his POV, since he's dying now, did it really matter that he go after his aunt and Dr. Yoon? Having said that, he may take some actions against them now, though, in order to protect GB. So that they can't hurt her after he's gone. Oh man, even typing that last sentence I can feel myself get so much sadder.

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I also wonder if Dr. Yoon might secretly know the way to cure GMS and maybe he'll have a change of hear towards the end and help GMS.

I would totally accept that if there was something. I'm not sure in the preview whether the aunt feels badly for MS at least or not, or whether she just wants to finish MS off finally. Still, we've had evidence that Eldest Aunt and Dr. Yoon are not necessarily perfectly in sync, so if Dr. Yoon can cure MS, that would be great.

2 hours ago, gutibear said:

37 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@gutibear yes, watching more than one drama takes the sting out a little if one doesn't work out and it helps time fly by faster while you wait for new episodes. It's nice to be able to rotate. LOL 

And then, occasionally, you get really unlucky and have all of the dramas that you're watching have OTPs who are in separation or otherwise dire straits.  (100 Days, Sunny Again Tomorrow, this drama. I guess there is still Terius which hasn't even started an OTP romance yet, but even there, the OTP are in a cliffhanger for the week.) :(

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

I have hard time deciding who’s the worst evil, is it the aunt or dr Yoon. 

dr yoon is a doctor and he should save people, not end it. 

and about the aunt, i can’t believe a woman, a mother could be that cruel to small children. 

and how they both lied to MS all this years is just despicable. MS is ill amd he has no one..literary, he’s an orphan. 

• Like 10

Hi, everyone. Just drop by here to tell that I have uploaded subtitles by K-Plus Asia for episode 13 on Subscene.

K-Plus Asia broadcasts it every Thursday & Friday at 10.15 pm KST, and subtitles released on VOD site (for cable TV subscribers) the next day(usually morning).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

@Ahmad Kamil thank you chinggu for the info.. :) But how does it work? Do we need to register and create account to watch the shows there? I opened the link and can't find previous episodes of Devilish Joy, the recent episode is yet to be available. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, namjiho said:

@Ahmad Kamil thank you chinggu for the info.. :) But how does it work? Do we need to register and create account to watch the shows there? I opened the link and can't find previous episodes of Devilish Joy, the recent episode is yet to be available. 

I just share their website link in case anyone never heard about the channel. The VOD site can be accessed on AstroGo/NJOI Now(for Malaysian), Tribe (Indonesia, Thailand & Philippines) etc.

If you are not living in those countries offering K-Plus Asia Channel, then the only way are downloading video + soft-subtitles, or streaming/downloading from illegal sites.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gutibear said:

I have hard time deciding who’s the worst evil, is it the aunt or dr Yoon. 

dr yoon is a doctor and he should save people, not end it. 

and about the aunt, i can’t believe a woman, a mother could be that cruel to small children. 

and how they both lied to MS all this years is just despicable. MS is ill amd he has no one..literary, he’s an orphan. 

They’re both terrible people. I don’t know if GMS has any solid proof so it’s not like he can report them to the law and it’s still very unlikely that he would even if he had proof. Perhaps GMS is lenient with his aunt because the wealth was inherited from his grandfather. Still, attempting to commit premeditated murder is a very serious defect in character and I don’t think it’s right to cover it up. The aunt doesn’t even seem like she has any regret about what she did. He’s dying because of their actions. A young guy like him. Yet he wants to show them mercy. Are drama viewers pleased with such a conclusion? 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Yet he wants to show them mercy. Are drama viewers pleased with such a conclusion? 

I will be very upset if they get away with their crime. They should be punished for what they did. Poirot wont forgive them whatsoever... -_- hope the writer has something bad for them in next weeks eps.

• Like 10

Just info that Episode 13 Sub English has come out.
Maybe some here already know, and some are not.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Finally brought myself to watch ep.14... It's really difficult to watch GMS finding out the truth... and why does it seem that we're going to have a sad ending? It seems that his condition is worsening at double the pace... or is that because he is going through stressful times that contributed to the worsening? He should just leave everything behind and go somewhere live happily with JGB.

The song that GB likes to sing and sang to him at the end of the episode has the lyrics Goodbye bye bye my love... although it has catchy tunes, are we supposed to read more into that song? That they will say goodbye but in a happy contented way? Has the full lyrics been shared here before? I can't remember... If not, does anyone has the full lyrics?

And then the OST song that CJH sang, followed the Goodbye My Love song... gah, I can't take it anymore...:bawling:

Having said that, what's with the shaky camera handling in this episode. Quite annoying and making my head spin more in the midst of tears...

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, gutibear said:

I will be very upset if they get away with their crime. They should be punished for what they did. Poirot wont forgive them whatsoever... -_- hope the writer has something bad for them in next weeks eps.

I want the aunt destroyed...poetic justice would be if her son brought her down. But I have no hope in SKJ. Hopefully the Sec. will go and deliver the evidence to the police by himself knowing his boss wouldn't.

I'm a Poirot fan too. Just yesterday I watched that horrible adaptation by Kenneth Branagh of Murder on the Orient express. David Suchet will always be THE best Poirot ever. I love Miss Marple too......so totally ignoring Miss Ma, the Korean remake of Nemesis.

And I agree Poirot didn't even forgive himself for the crime he committed....he'd never let anyone off.....though the above mentioned book was an exception...and he did so..... going against everything he believed in. 

I have only ever enjoyed the BBC adaptations of the books. I feel only BBC does proper justice to these classics....everyone else always tries to show they can do better than the writer and that always ruins the story for me.

• Like 10