[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

“Devilish Joy” Production Company Responses To Unpaid Wages Issue

âDevilish Joyâ Production Company Responses To Unpaid Wages Issue

Oct 25, 2018
by J. Lee

The production team of MBN’s “Devilish Joy” revealed an official statement about the unpaid wages of actors and staff members.

On October 25, the drama’s production company Golden Thumb Pictures stated, “The show was a pre-production drama, so originally, we had to finish the payments by August. But the filming for the drama took longer than we expected. It is true that we did not pay a few members of the staff, but it was resolved when we promised to finish the payments by November.”

The company also remarked on the unpaid wages of actors such as Song Ha Yoon, Hoya (Lee Ho Won), and Lee Joo Yeon. “The actors’ wages are calculated on the following month of broadcast. So the payments for September’s broadcast will be made in October. Thus the actors will be paid at the end of this month. The payments for October’s broadcast will be made at the end of November.”

“Devilish Joy” tells the romance between a doctor named Gong Ma Sung (played by Choi Jin Hyuk), who suffers from ‘Cinderella Memory Disorder,’ and formerly popular actress Joo Ki Bbeum (Song Ha Yoon). The drama is coming to its finale on October 25.

Source (1)

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this will have the type of ending i hate most the 1 second see you ending. Why is it that writers think to make a drama memorable the have to inject the unnecessary separation until the last possbile second. have they forgotten what it's like to watch a drama in their hurry to write one.

Evil manager guy dancing in the end gave me mixed feelings about him. I was like, "ugh it's that disgusting evil manager guy!" And then he dances and moves like that and I forgot he was evil in the drama..LOL 

LOL at family and friends reaction seeing them kiss at the altar... If only they knew what we the viewers have witnessed all this while :lol:...

Agree with @triplem that they tried to use all possible tropes in kdrama to make this show. But whatever, I love it the same... Yay for happy ending!! Since GB gets to finally throw her bridal bouquet, I too am throwing logic and sense out of the window :D 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨
41 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Nice happy ending which  I will always  prefer course no matter what. :blush:

Unless its a drama about terrible people then no happy ending!

I saw that drama. The supremely evil temptress  woman made the Virtuous spunky smart heroine rival die in agony from Poison and had the latters  three small kids “disappeared “  near  the end of the drama.  

Scarred me for a year. 

So so glad we got a wonderful happy ending with no open end or ? Mark. 

7 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I saw that drama. The supremely evil temptress  woman made the Virtuous spunky smart heroine rival die in agony from Poison and had the latters  three small kids “disappeared “  near  the end of the drama.  

Scarred me for a year. 

Oh god. :scream:

51 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Scarred me for a year. 

which drama is this?

13 hours ago, dito said:

I think after his parents died and then his aunt's words....he realised he has no one to rely on. Person who grew up like that had to have taught himself  to take on his responsibility and his burden alone.

But it's kind of frustrating that he didn't even try to change after he found GB and fell in love with her again. 

Sorry for cutting your post.

Yes it is very frustrating that MS would not tell GB what was going on and how he felt about certain things. But I could understand why and it has to stem down to his upbringing and traumas he has experienced. It would take more than just love to change someone. It would take actual therapy and training and can take YEARS to overcome. It is a defense mechanism developed by poor traumatized boy to deal with his surroundings.

I say this because my dad was the same way for a long time. He would never talk about feelings or things that were personal to him. Not because he didn't want to, but when ever he did, he would become physically ill and would have panic attacks. It took him years of training and practice before he was finally able to open up. Now he is more cuddly and loving than my mom, lol!

So it makes sense to me at least that he really didn't improve in that respect. It is something he will need to take time to fix.

So they get married 3 times coz he keeps forgetting....why didn't this episode start with this. What an interesting and fun finale it would have been.  

I thought we would begin with MS in this episode as we had a lot of time to see GB's pain yesterday. But no writers thought we should get another dose worth 30 minutes to pass our time till MS feels ready to face us. I noted the time. 

I needed a third wooing of GB by MS but I would've been so happy if they had done something different and make GB woo MS. Instead we got neither. We jumped straight from him not remembering her to remembering her I love you to kiss and time jump to 3rd marriage....my head was spinning.....what a hell of a rush you guys are in. Makes me wonder what you wasted so much time on....oh I remember... that annoying KBS chewing gum.  

At least we got our happy ending....don't care to make sense of how he got well....did Dr Yoon know how to cure him but was holding back the treatment....and MS still went to this guy AGAIN!!

Anyways I enjoyed the look on the friends and family's faces when these 2 get married every month like its a date or something.

And I have to admit I was crying when they met again and so thankful he did remember her. I was afraid we will get open ending like she'll wait for him like her dad is waiting for her mom.

Hopefully we will see these 2 together again in something better written in the future. 

Even though I had a lot of issues with the drama and annoyed you guys with my rants....I don't think I regret spending time on this. I do regret the lost opportunity to do something special with this story....but since thats not in my hands I won't think about it too much.  

Thanks for the company guys....had a lot of fun here.

15 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

It would take actual therapy and training and can take YEARS to overcome. It is a defense mechanism developed by poor traumatized boy to deal with his surroundings.

I say this because my dad was the same way for a long time. He would never talk about feelings or things that were personal to him. Not because he didn't want to, but when ever he did, he would become physically ill and would have panic attacks. It took him years of training and practice before he was finally able to open up. Now he is more cuddly and loving than my mom, lol!

So it makes sense to me at least that he really didn't improve in that respect. It is something he will need to take time to fix.

Glad to know your dad overcame it and started opening up to you all. I do know how hard it is for someone to bare open their deepest darkest thoughts to another human being. I'm a total introvert....comes from being the middle child. I never shared anything deeply personal with my siblings or my parents before. But getting married to a complete extrovert pushed me to change myself. It was hard and took years but we both understand each other now. And now he's the only person I can open up to without a second thought.

And that's what I wanted to see.....just a little bit of... from MS.

Archived