[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno how to think. The production team has a lot to answer tomorrow night. I sincerely bow to MS’s never ending noble idiocy..He’s very consistent in lying to GB. I humbly expected he would stop lying to her..sigh..

Btw, is it me but MS is looking healthier in Hainan? 

Maybe its just me - but really...

was it needed....

I am sorry - but even the kids where adorable -

was it needed they they met in the past as kids. Can there be a romance drama without that kind of past? Yes - okay - I got the message - those two are fated to be together... it´s cute - but I see that too much in KDrama Land.

sob... sorry...

19 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Maybe its just me - but really...

was it needed....

I am sorry - but even the kids where adorable -

was it needed they they met in the past as kids. Can there be a romance drama without that kind of past? Yes - okay - I got the message - those two are fated to be together... it´s cute - but I see that too much in KDrama Land.

sob... sorry...

I think it was totally unnecessary for these two. It might be an Asian thing though because Japanese manga do like childhood connections too. :lol: I’m so used to it that it really doesn’t bother me.

tbh, I really don’t care whether they met as kids. whatever :huh:. agree with you @celebrianna @Mau_Cherry.. it’s so totally unnecessary. What we need is they meet NOW!

I swear I thought MS was gonna have treatment somewhere with some famous doctors..but surprise surprise he goes to Hainan and what is he doing there anyway? My positive side said he knows a doctor there? But my negative said, I don’t care. He’s so..submissive (is that the right word?). 

DJ ep16 preview:

Thank you for your gift of a fateful love

(MS) Thank you for your gift of a fateful love
(004) (GB) MSssi wait for me    I’m going to you.  

(007) (GJ) I know what you did to hyung.  Finding him now.
(011) (MS) Goodbye JGBssi 

(014) (GB) Goodbye GMSssi

** Okay it’s a bit confusing
In the preview Ma-Bbeum are saying a goodbye to each other AND
there are 2 wedding photos (one with OTP which the IG owner asks not to repost so the link:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BpUSEpLFxCY/?tagged=choijinhyuk )

(another, a group photo with cast & staff )

Spoiler

I'll always remember this drama for the leads chemistry and the kisses....unbelievably good kisses....for a k drama. I never used to notice kisses before kdramas but after watching for as long as I have you start to notice when the actors do their job and give us believable kisses. :thumbsup: to CJH and SHY...now go start dating..if you aren't already.....you have my whole hearted approval.

But for the rest everything about the story really reminds me of those dramas full of cliches I used to devour when I first started watching kdramas...10 years ago. The thing is I actually liked those dramas when I watched them but after ten long years I rarely go back to watch them again....except for a few of my favorites. So people change with time and so do their likes and dislikes. And to be honest Kdramas have evolved for the better too. So it didn't have that much of a effect on me. These days though, I find myself looking at dramas with a critical eye then I used to before. This drama kind of made me regret that.

I remember the excitement of starting a drama and being blind to all the flaws 10 years ago. But now that spark of excitement after you watch the first episode kind of melts away when you can feel the story is not going in the direction you wanted in the next episodes. And sometimes thats good but in this case it lead to a lot of frustration. I really wanted to like this drama but for me I don't see a single reason why CJH and SHY chose this....well maybe CJH....this drama is entirely his show.

The level of chemistry he had with SHY:wub:..... these 2 deserved something better than this....something that would elevate their characters in the spectacular way they can portray them.

Anyways, its good that this drama with all its flaws managed to grab viewers attention and appreciation and the entire credit for that goes to CJH and SHY. 

So back to the episode..... I don't understand the need to bring in a childhood connection at this late stage. GB has never suffered nightmares before about drowning.....and suddenly it was little MS who saved her??....Did we really need another connect to convince us and them that they are fated. We already know that .....everything done in the past 14 episode convinced us that these 2 belong together forever and ever. It just felt like a filler to me.....much better to show us Ha Im making trouble for the aunt with her control on SKJ. 

Entire episode felt like MS saying his last good byes to his people before dying. But since we have another episode waiting...hopefully he will back strong and in good health miraculously cured. At this moment I don't even care to know how he got well....I just want him to be back....and give us a happy ending that these 2 characters deserve. Hopefully writers still remember this is a romance drama....that they initially sold to us disguised as a romcom.

Kisses as always awesome and toe curling....so what do you guys think....did they do it in the attic....lots of evidence to prove it....messed up clothes and messed up hair....super shy and not looking at each other in the eyes...:blush:

But then the idiot went and lied about everything and ran away from her. I don't even want to rant about MS's noble idiocy anymore.....I think I've started to accept that people in that condition can make cruel decisions thinking they are being considerate. But I want GB to kick his as.s after he comes back....

Anyways....it was a good episode but the lovey dovey scenes felt bittersweet coz in the back of your mind you know what MS is upto.....

So now writers just finish this nicely and we can all be happy and let this go and move on....to YEH:wub:

Anyone else think YEH and CJH be awesome together.....the height difference...and the kisses.....they'll burn the screen with their kisses too.

56 minutes ago, gutibear said:

I dunno how to think. The production team has a lot to answer tomorrow night. I sincerely bow to MS’s never ending noble idiocy..He’s very consistent in lying to GB. I humbly expected he would stop lying to her..sigh..

Btw, is it me but MS is looking healthier in Hainan? 

Must be they filmed the hainan parts all together.....first episode and last episode filmed together....then they went back to SK to film the rest of the drama.

7 hours ago, shaselai said:

This ending cant be worse than 49 days... that drama was a slap in the face IMO

why? I like 49 days ending ^_^

8 hours ago, dito said:

Must be they filmed the hainan parts all together.....first episode and last episode filmed together....then they went back to SK to film the rest of the drama.

oh you're right..btw, not only MS looks healthier, GB also looks chubbier in the preview.

as far I am noticed from IG posts in the last weeks, I expect these scenes tonight

1) MS and GB at the market .. I remember saw a fancam about this. GB wears orange top and MS in white t-shirt+grey outer+grey jeans. 

2) MS and GB at his house .. with GB wears that beautiful flowery dress

3) Wedding

Someone jokingly said that it was MS's ghost that GB saw outside her window in last night eps :D

I haven't had time to watch anything from last night. And will have to leave for a meeting soon. Will come back here asap when things are done.

The preview gave every possible hints of a non-happy ending, but I learn not to trust previews now. So we might just get our happy ending, although I'm not sure whether it will be a bittersweet one, as in, they did get married but he still dies eventually....

8 hours ago, dito said:

So now writers just finish this nicely and we can all be happy and let this go and move on....to YEH:wub:

Anyone else think YEH and CJH be awesome together.....the height difference...and the kisses.....they'll burn the screen with their kisses too.

Who is YEH? Yoon Eun Hye? Are they going to do a drama together??

Hai... I'm new but old here and I was silent reader before. I just want to give some comments about this drama. I know it's a typical k-drama. Some scenes are cheesy. But hey, I'm okay with that. I have a tough life and I don't want K-drama makes my life harder (special note: my exception only for k-drama. It's not valid for others).  One thing for sure, GMS is consistent in everything. For example: writes journals about his daily activities, goes home early, his love for JGB, and his lies towards JGB. Well, everybody lies.. including uri GMS. He's a typical person who wants to take all the responsibilities and burdens on himself. If GMS needs lesson in life, he needs to learn that "sharing is caring". About the ending itself... hmmm.. what can I say? In my humble opinion, it's going to be a happy ending. GMS and JGB will be meet at Hainan for the second time. If the ending is sad, lets take a positive thinking.. at least CJH still alive in real life and will return with new drama this November... Hahahah.. 

Cheers 

On 10/24/2018 at 11:27 PM, namjiho said:

Sorry to cut your post.. Same here, I got hooked in the drama after watching episode 1.. I know there's nothing new there, this drama has lot of cliches, but I don't know, it must be because of CJH's dreamy white knight feel. :wub: He had me at "Hmm, Appa wasseo (yes, daddy's here)" in that sexy voice.. 

I'm still searching for that song everywhere but can't find it.. And the English version of "Tuk Tuk" (played in Ep. 6  kiss at the Oddball party).

yes exactly my thoughts too! :love: he's so dreamy and perfect for the role... 

I'm dying to watch the final eps but ep 15 not subbed yet :( I'm missing the main leads already, they're so cute together I don't want the drama to end yet. 

I love that scene with Ki Joon hugging Gi Beum, it was very touching/bittersweet for me. I'm just going to assume it's a happy ending since I don't see the tragedy tag/genre on this drama?

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Who is YEH? Yoon Eun Hye? Are they going to do a drama together??

Yes I meant Yoon Eun Hye. Not yet they are not. Hopefully they will work together sometime in the future. It just came to me when her drama teaser came on after DJ.

2 hours ago, Yuya said:

He's a typical person who wants to take all the responsibilities and burdens on himself. If GMS needs lesson in life, he needs to learn that "sharing is caring". About the ending itself... hmmm.. what can I say? In my humble opinion, it's going to be a happy ending. GMS and JGB will be meet at Hainan for the second time. If the ending is sad, lets take a positive thinking.. at least CJH still alive in real life and will return with new drama this November... Hahahah.. 

I think after his parents died and then his aunt's words....he realised he has no one to rely on. Person who grew up like that had to have taught himself  to take on his responsibility and his burden alone.

But it's kind of frustrating that he didn't even try to change after he found GB and fell in love with her again. 

I feel it will be bittersweet for me even if we get a happy ending...

And yes thankfully CJH will be back soon on our screens.

Sorry for cutting your posts.

For those still looking for Eng Sub, I hope it is okay to share the info below since it is in Youtube, except that the latest episode they have is still Ep.14. It is in small screen so you have to really enlarge the viewing percentage.

1 hour ago, supergal99 said:

Edit: poke  @ktcjdrama erhm...mmm.. come come come here...  need to put those pigus plasters on your your ... 

Last 4 words:

5 words... :lol:

I am going to say this again.... these two... how can they not date for real after shooting together like that?? It must take a really really strong willpower not to miss the other person, to get out of their character once filming done... They really look like they're dating for real in the drama!! All those snuggles and smooches.... We've lost count, haven't we? This is a first for me - to lose count of hugs and kisses and all other skinship...

13 hours ago, gutibear said:

why? I like 49 days ending ^_^

Hope you were joking. But actually there are 2 other endings i hate are myth where the protagonist waits hundreds years to save the girl then she dies.. and another chinese drama chinese paladin where everyone dies but main protagonist with a baby.

Archived