[Drama 2018] Radio Romance 라디오 로맨스

Go Seung Ji

LK tells SH and GR that they should have a meeting together after the live broadcast. SH then looks on at GR as they have earlier arranged to go on a date together. SH asks LK which are the areas he wants SH to improve on and reminds LK that as a PD for the show, there is a lot of work that he needs to accomplish to. LK looks through GR's script wherein she has written that she hopes by hugging someone, it ccan help to ease their sadness and grief too.

During the live broadcast, a fan of SH calls in and she says that it's her birthday today so she would like to hear SH saying the 3 words, I love you" to her as it will make her really happy since she is a big fan of his. A shy SH then looks at GR intently as he stutters while saying the 3 words, I love you. It's apparent these words were meant for GR. To end the programme, SH shares with the listeners his closing lines saying that when you hug someone, you hope that this help to person to forget about his grief and sadness and we also hope that the person will also come to embrace his life and start afresh. He adds that the in the embrace of this song, the programme will come to an end for today.

GR asks SH why he keeps smiling to himself so that the latter adds that he feels really good about today. SH asks GR if she has seen the presents which he has gotten for her so the latter says that she feels rather burdened by them. SH then tells GR that what he wants to give her isn't more burden but rather it's what lies inside his heart. And it's what he truly feels and urges her to take a look at them. GR apologises and says that she will open up the presents tomorrow. GR asks SH to meet her tomorrow and adds that they can go on a date tomorrow.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YDJ REALLY A new DiaMond... in the kdrama scene,  I cannot remembered how many times I have been playing replay for each of his scene in each episode.  KSH just complement him... and the chemistry welll just awesome...  I hope she would turned into a very matured actress, and pretty cool to see the character she carries,   .at the beginning of the series, I don’t really pay much attention to YP, but the guy kept.. popping up and I must say - he is too have the potential... he acted well as the PD Lee. I knew from the corner of his eyes, he does care about SGR, but am not sure to what extent... what would he choose to fight for the love of which we can see the boat already sailed from day one, or to be that Hyung, where SGR can share or go to person... and talks about anything.  Remember PD Lee did says to SGR outside the shop after carrying a drunken JSH, that since when she can’t talk to him of anything, of which SGR easily mentioned, the guy his first love with no face... was JSH... hence I think PD Lee would be the one holding them together and be that support system for this young heart... after all he have all the “namaste” power..... 

SH is smiling to himself as he walks along when he recalls back on what GR has said earlier about going on a date together. This is when SH receives a call from his manager informing him that shooting for the TV drama will start soon and that he will be withdrawing from the radio programme. And adds that this is the decision of the CEO and also tells SH that there will be a press conference for the drama tomorrow.  He goes home to see his mom and confronts her saying, haven't I told you repeatedly that I won't be doing the drama. He lashes out at his step-mom demanding to know why is it she has never consulted him and why is she making all these decisions by herself. Why doesn't she even bother to ask him not even once. He asks his mom can't she even consider his feelings just for once. Nam Joo-ha then replies saying calmly, JSH, do you really think that I want to do this.

Then she shows SH the photos taken of him kissing GR earlier. She tells him that is he aware that these photos taken of him and SGR together, it is so difficult for her to deal with them. As these photos are not hers and adds that someone has given these photos to her. NJH says that she can put a stop to all these on the condition that he agrees to do the drama show. SH asks his mom if she is implying that this is the only way for him to protect SGR. That's why he has to do the drama. He laments no wonder his mom is the CEO of the company as she has always behave like this. NJH reminds SH that the presscon will be starting at 6 pm.

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

From the start, JSH has been a very interesting character. I must say the actor is doing so great. I love the way he looks at SGR... his gaze is telling much more than his actions and even words.

After reading the recap, I sense that despite everything, it seems that JSH still feels closer to NJH than his own dad. So I hope that at the end, NJH decides to get divorced and abandon him so that the husband is no longer a leech. To me, the father is worse in the end because he runs away from any responsability. He burdened his wife with his biological son without doing anything for him.

Im very impressed with YDJ here too. His gaze is truly amazing. 

Yes I believe JSH is more close with NJH than his father. It was touching to see him plea to her to understand him and then said  "mother" .  Then she showed him the photos of his first kiss with GR. Its a good sign SHE's NOT bribing him with these photos but rather said the truth that someone else has these photos and she may not be able to cover it up for him. Maybe theres hope that NJH can be the mother/parent that JSH hopes for.  I hope shes not all that heartless as surely when she raised him she did genuinely accepted him as her son. In previous eps, I at times did see some moments of hesitation in her. This drama is about healing so maybe NJH gets to heal too

https://youtu.be/p9zVpNm9-mc

EDIT - nevermind I just read @MinLyn translation of that scene...AISH!!! back to summoning my army on her shooting-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928

12 minutes ago, intanr said:

YDJ REALLY A new DiaMond... in the kdrama scene,  I cannot remembered how many times I have been playing replay for each of his scene in each episode.  KSH just complement him... and the chemistry welll just awesome...  I hope she would turned into a very matured actress, and pretty cool to see the character she carries,   .at the beginning of the series, I don’t really pay much attention to YP, but the guy kept.. popping up and I must say - he is too have the potential... he acted well as the PD Lee. I knew from the corner of his eyes, he does care about SGR, but am not sure to what extent... what would he choose to fight for the love of which we can see the boat already sailed from day one, or to be that Hyung, where SGR can share or go to person... and talks about anything.  Remember PD Lee did says to SGR outside the shop after carrying a drunken JSH, that since when she can’t talk to him of anything, of which SGR easily mentioned, the guy his first love with no face... was JSH... hence I think PD Lee would be the one holding them together and be that support system for this young heart... after all he have all the “namaste” power..... 

Totally agree...It is a love triangle but depict from a difference point of view. The last 2 ep (ep 9&10) show progression in all the character (with the exeptionally of JSH mom, dad n TR that is...)

When PD Lee confess to JSH about liking SGR, we were shown his tender gazed toward her.   I still think that PD Lee have connection with JSH death friend. His layer hasnt been open yet. I wish the writer would feel each layer of the other character too (for example JSH manager, Jason n most importantly Lee PD...)

GR calls SH but he doesn't pick up her calls. At the radio station, there is talk of SH withdrawing from the radio programme and starring in the drama soon. This is when GR receives news that SH will be starring the TV drama. SH calls his manager and asks for his help. At the presson, LK asks SH didn't you say that you won't be starring in the drama show. There is a live telecast of the presscon for the drama on TV as GR is watching on. She sends SH a text message asking you didn't mention about this yesteday. So you aren't going to do the radio show anymore? Why aren't you picking up my calls. When LK returns to the office, he tells GR that SH will be dropping out of the radio show and expresses his regrets about asking GR to get SH to be the DJ for the radio show.

GR is alone as she recalls back on what SH has told her before that he will do the radio show together with her. And where he has confessed to her that he likes her. She is finding it hard to comprehend him.  SH calls GR but she did not pick up his calls. He continues to call her but it was to no avail. So SH arrives at their secret meeting place. He starts hugging her and saying, Didn't I tell you before that you shouldn't do this and not answer my phone calls. I know what you must be thinking and feeling now that you thought I have withdrawn from the radio programme. That's the reason why you are standing here right? But I will do the radio show and will continue to do it. All  you need to do is just to trust in me. You just need to believe in me. GR replies that she wants to believe in him. SH then adds that she should continue to have the trust in him. Then he starts kissing her.

End of recaps....

2 hours ago, fieza1871 said:

In ep 9, there is a hint that jsh was not feeling well during the hospital broadcast. Its was not explain later on about the sickness. It look like he's having a headache. 

Does anyone think that thewriter aregoing the route of making jsh sick or something in order to change his parent?

I hope not. At this stage if there is any health issue on JSH i dont think his parents would care. They will only be concerned on their own fortune and fame. I'd rather the  spineless father contracts ...#$%^&^% disease :crazy:  Gosh Im evil. 

thank you for such detailed recaps @MinLyn

I rather like how each radio show so far has allowed and pushed JSH and SGR further together, whether it be uncovering each other's past, or healing the wounds, or moving on. I just absolutely love it. Radio is something that is going to really facilitate the healing for JSH.

I really like to believe @bebebisous33 theory of that there is some hope for NJH, i really want that.

because i really believe that what JSH lacks the most is nothing other than a mother's love something he never once had. But seeing her repeated 'abuse' towards JSH just has harden my heart.

I really dont think she has done anything out of the goodness of JSH or as a mother because she never saw herself as one.

I beleive PD Lee has caught onto JSH and SGR's deepen connection with that last radio show.

I agree with you all about YDJ's acting, I know he has never really acted in a super serious role before so it is nice and refreshing to see just how good his acting has really become. Those gazes which really hold so much words in them is just truly wow.

I know now preview, but I am glad that JSH is not going to walk away from the radio show easily, he is just doing to drama to appease his mother.

The only thing I am afraid of is that by doing both the radio and the drama, JSH will overstress himself and plus since he is still not sleeping well, I am worried that something will happen to him later on :(@Kasmic @YourHighness . @vangsweetie637

side note: SGR's new look is just absolutely stunning, she has never looked more gorgeous.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I hope not. At this stage if there is any health issue on JSH i dont think his parents would care. They will only be concerned on their own fortune and fame. I'd rather the  spineless father contracts ...#$%^&^% disease :crazy:  Gosh Im evil. 

We are of the same mind about the father. I really hope he buried upside down somewhere where nobody can find him. But JSH headache concerned me. That y I said I hope the writer wont go to the typical route of making him have terminal illnes later on

18 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

t@MinLyn

@bebebisous33

I agree with you all about YDJ's acting, I know he has never really acted in a super serious role before so it is nice and refreshing to see just how good his acting has really become. Those gazes which really hold so much words in them is just truly wow.

YDJ acted in IRIS 2 before...Its a very serious character. That's the 1st time I notice him beside being the leader of BEAst then. Splash Splash Love also show his maturity in acting

@fieza1871 RR is not a melo-drama, hence I doubt that JSH will get a terminal disease. I am quite sure that there will be a happy ending.

What is more bothering me is that his past (WJW/JSH) has not be discovered by SGR yet. Honestly, I hope, she won't get upset, once she realises that there were two boys in her past. The one who wrote the letters and the one she met in the hallway and hugged. In the episode 9 it was already hinted that SGr had told/written something to WJW but not to  JSH so that JSH had no idea. It was about her father's death. Since JSH has already suffered so much and had to wait for a long time, until he could date her... I hope, there will be no long separation. SGR will understand his pain (the loss of his friend, his guilt).

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@fieza1871 RR is not a melo-drama, hence I doubt that JSH will get a terminal disease. I am quite sure that there will be a happy ending.

What is more bothering me is that his past (WJW/JSH) has not be discovered by SGR yet. Honestly, I hope, she won't get upset, once she realises that there were two boys in her past. The one who wrote the letters and the one she met in the hallway and hugged. In the episode 9 it was already hinted that SGr had told/written something to WJW but not to  JSH so that JSH had no idea. It was about her father's death. Since JSH has already suffered so much and had to wait for a long time, until he could date her... I hope, there will be no long separation. SGR will understand his pain (the loss of his friend, his guilt).

i had forgotten about the mystery of the writer of the letter n jsh. that might be the angst in the later episode that might split jsh n sgr

I love this guy, Doojoon. He is giving me all the feel I want in this drama.  Facial expression is what makes k drama special.  I know there is so much restriction  cos of KSH age else I'm sure he he looks like one who can eat somebody up in a kiss scene. Watched the kiss scene. And I did feel it when he turned her around and hugged her. 

Didn't know what happened in this episode but I'm satisfied with that one.

3 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Everyone is excited and keep uploading the same scene... :blush:

It's cute and innocent. People love good things

@herina_90 The subs is outtt. I just finished watching :D 

That kisss omg didn't expect it but it's a nice surprise. 

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

RR is not a melo-drama, hence I doubt that JSH will get a terminal disease. I am quite sure that there will be a happy ending.

Yes please, I need a happy ending for these two

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with @bebebisous33, it's a rom-com so I don't see him seriously ill. Still, it wouldn't be shocking if the writer's has more in mind, since she made a point of drawing attention to him rubbing his head while looking unwell.... I'm curious to see how JSH plans to get around his "step-mother's" plans. 

5 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Yes I believe JSH is more close with NJH than his father. It was touching to see him plea to her to understand him and then said  "mother" .  Then she showed him the photos of his first kiss with GR. Its a good sign SHE's NOT bribing him with these photos but rather said the truth that someone else has these photos and she may not be able to cover it up for him. Maybe theres hope that NJH can be the mother/parent that JSH hopes for.  I hope shes not all that heartless as surely when she raised him she did genuinely accepted him as her son. In previous eps, I at times did see some moments of hesitation in her. This drama is about healing so maybe NJH gets to heal too

EDIT - nevermind I just read @MinLyn translation of that scene...AISH!!! back to summoning my army on her shooting-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928

There are moments when we see JSH treated NJH as a mother  like when she woke up in JSH's house and he asked her to rest a bit before going back home.  The moment he called NJH as "omoni" is rare too, but this is the last straw for him pleading to her to understand him .  However he is the one who understand her by saying what he expects NJH is going to say to him next - "If you want to protect SGR, do as I say."  Guess it is a hardwork if any to repair their relationship.  So, I'm looking forward to his plan.  How is he going to handle the situation?  

Oh by the way - some still say she is the step mom but to some of us JSH was born out of wedlock... that's why NJH treats him harshly.

22 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

There are moments when we see JSH treated NJH as a mother  like when she woke up in JSH's house and he asked her to rest a bit before going back home.  The moment he called NJH as "omoni" is rare too, but this is the last straw for him pleading to her to understand him .  However he is the one who understand her by saying what he expects NJH is going to say to him next - "If you want to protect SGR, do as I say."  Guess it is a hardwork if any to repair their relationship.  So, I'm looking forward to his plan.  How is he going to handle the situation?  

Oh by the way - some still say she is the step mom but to some of us JSH was born out of wedlock... that's why NJH treats him harshly.

I agree with you. JSH was born out of wedlock. If she had been a stepmother, people would know about that.

I am looking forward to watching how KWJ is going to help JSH and how JSH will be able to do both. So the episode 10 was the real turning point between KWJ and JSH. Last time, he proposed him to double the salary, but this time he just asked for help hence the nature of their relationship has changed. It is not ambiguous any longer. He is his "hyung" like he called. JSH was thankful to hear the news from him so that he was aware of his mother's move. In my opinion, NJH sees his relationship with SGR as a problem, since she doesn't believe in love at all. For her, men are just having fun with women... that's why she thought that JSH had slept with SGR, the first time she met her. NJH has no idea that JSH has always loved SGR and this for a very long time. 

Funny, how the father is behaving again: he is mixing up causes with consequences. For him, NJH is responsible for the mess (DS is blackmailing him), whereas he is the one who created the mess by having a mistress. Jason was able to catch more: NJH revealed how she considered JSH and Jason could hear this.

Archived