[Drama 2018] Evergreen (That Man Oh Soo) 그남자 오수

Go Seung Ji

Final Episode- What the heck did I just watch? What in the hell was that?! Very disappointing ending. Nothing was explained about how OS woke up, the memory loss, fact he lived, fact that YR was OK. Never mind the tree issues-who cares, right writers?  Was the talisman protecting YR from dying or was the fact OS forgot her the protection? Grandfather & Ga Nah were both upset that OS might have met YR and Grandfather says they have done all they can. So, basically, the same situation will happen again with YR & OS and the pollen? Is the message she's doomed to die? I thought drama would use talisman as way to temper the curse. As long as YR has talisman she may be sick but won't die. But then writer has YR just leave talisman on the beach! Say What?! Overall, drama was a cute and breezy watch until that bad ending. I really felt the emotional connection between the leads, and Kim So Eun was great. However, the fantasy elements of the drama were underutilized and poorly explained. Confusing and unsatisfying ending to drama. What started out as a cute fantasy romance drama with potential just fell apart at the end.  It's really too bad.  I don't regret watching the drama as performances of main leads were cute and it's easy watch until the last few episodes.  Just know if you watch that ending is unsatisfying.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really watched the last two episodes yet as I wanted to see the ending first.  I can't tell if I really hate it or not based on what everyone is saying here.  I mean, did we get an explanation as to why OS's family get that tree?  If we didn't, then I'm assuming the writers are trying to leave it up to like how the tree came about is how they didn't die.  I'm assuming since they meet again, then this time it's different.  I think the writers are trying to imply that the first time YR likes OS is because she drank the herb.  The fact that OS forget about her meant that that life is finished and now everything will start anew.  They still end up meeting each other which meant that they are meant for each other and not because of the herb.  Now they can start their relationship together.  I don't think OS entirely forgot as if that was the case, then he wouldn't go to the beach/park in the end.  The talisman was meant to help YR once.  It helped her not to die, after that, she didn't need it anymore which is why it was left on the beach.  I don't really like the whole staring at each other for less than two minutes to end the drama, but I'm happy they didn't die and they meet again.  

When I started the series, I really had minimal hope that their would be a good ending and it would be explained properly.  I mean, if that was the case, OS's father didn't have to die.  Therefore, this ending was satisfying to me.

just came back from vacation to watch last ep first. was i even watching the same drama before I left? the ending made no sense. how did he remember her just by going to the beach and the night before he was like 'who is the drunken women that my bro started dating, sleeping at the cafe?"  if they stayed apart, i could live with it. if they got together because he missed her, we'd be happy.  but she remembers/misses him, and he is oblivious that he's been a reprogrammed coffee robot?  Does his smile the trigger to getting back all his memories?

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Seriously did they run out of time or something? the last episode made no sense at all.

No questions were answer nothing was explain.

Oh my I'm not sure if I should watch the last 2 eps tonite since today was a stressful one or should I just wait for the weekend:tongue: Omo I'm going to take the stressfree route, I'll be back this weekend

22 minutes ago, kitty99 said:

I haven't really watched the last two episodes yet as I wanted to see the ending first.  I can't tell if I really hate it or not based on what everyone is saying here.  I mean, did we get an explanation as to why OS's family get that tree?  If we didn't, then I'm assuming the writers are trying to leave it up to like how the tree came about is how they didn't die.  I'm assuming since they meet again, then this time it's different.  I think the writers are trying to imply that the first time YR likes OS is because she drank the herb.  The fact that OS forget about her meant that that life is finished and now everything will start anew.  They still end up meeting each other which meant that they are meant for each other and not because of the herb.  Now they can start their relationship together.  I don't think OS entirely forgot as if that was the case, then he wouldn't go to the beach/park in the end.  The talisman was meant to help YR once.  It helped her not to die, after that, she didn't need it anymore which is why it was left on the beach.  I don't really like the whole staring at each other for less than two minutes to end the drama, but I'm happy they didn't die and they meet again.  

When I started the series, I really had minimal hope that their would be a good ending and it would be explained properly.  I mean, if that was the case, OS's father didn't have to die.  Therefore, this ending was satisfying to me.

I mean what makes this an awful last episode they had 5 minuets of screentime together that was it.

Okay just finished watching episode 16. Just like everyone I am very disappointed with the ending.  If they were short of time they should have just used a minute to give a proper closure about their fate or at least a voice over narrating about their end while they were walking together would have also done that :dissapointed:.

This is the only best conclusion I could reach to after watching the episode.

Oh soo's father ended up committing suicide because he wasn't sure if consuming the black pollen will save his wife. But oh soo went ahead and took the risk and consumed the black pollen and ended up forgetting yoo ri . So that ended his love for her too this way yoo ri was saved and the pollen she consumed was removed. But still yoo ri's love for oh soo was there and oh soo also felt something missing so he came back to korea to connect the missing pieces. Since the curse was to experience the pain of loosing the loved one's and which oh soo did by staying alive instead of dying by sacrificing his memory for the sake of yoo ri shows that his love was indeed true and yoo ri also kept on grieving in his memory even after the pollen was removed shows her love for him is also true. So I guess the curse got lifted.

Grandpa and oh ga na tired their best to keep them separated but oh soo was still drawn to her despite of loosing his memory so even grandpa gave up in the end saying they tried their best but yet, they have met again. This hints that their love is so strong that no cruse can break them apart and they will live happily ever after.( lets not forget title of the drama is evergreen)

This is how I convinced myself but I really wish they gave a proper closure well there's no use of crying about it. The plot had so much potential the leads were also perfect too bad the writer just wasted his resources in the end.

Still I will miss this drama. I had fun while watching it:)

Oh man, that was not a good ending.  It wasn't even an ending.  It leaves you hanging.  I agree with everyone here.  What in the world was that?

I tried my best to follow the fantasy thing about the tree.  I kept being confused about what caused the tree to die.  In the end, when I thought the tree would perk up and look lively, the opposite happened.  And visa versa.  

I have more questions than I have answers for.  Why did Oh Soo take the black tree pollen?  I know it had something to do with what the book said, but I didn't understand and hoped that later it would make sense to me.  And who sent the book?  

I thought he'd died, but alas, just lost his memory.  And at what point did he lose it?  And did her abandoning (or losing?) the talisman make him remember her?  

I'm not even sure if he went to Germany.  Maybe they said, but I was so glad he wasn't dead, then surprised he'd lost his memory, that I didn't catch it.

So, two things come to mind.  1)  The title Evergreen refers to the tree and their love, which transcends thru time and defies curses.  You think?  2)  His memory loss made her no longer a candidate for sickness and death via cursed tree because she became someone he wasn't in love with, right?

This writer made the ending (and in between) too confusing to enjoy.  Maybe she should try reality next time and ditch the fantasy. 

36 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

This is how I convinced myself but I really wish they gave a proper closure well there's no use of crying about it. The plot had so much potential the leads were also perfect too bad the writer just wasted his resources in the end.

Still I will miss this drama. I had fun while watching it:)

Sorry for double posting but I just saw this and wanted to comment.  I like your theory - seems pretty convincing to me, too.  And I did have fun watching despite the flaws.

LOL after watching the last episiode I'm just trying hard not to think.   But can someone tell me if the tree curse is still alive?  I'm assuming no since no one is dishing out the pollen coffee anymore and the tree is healthy?  But was the tree dying activated by Oh Soo falling in love or because he wasn't doing his tree fairy duties?  

Why couldn't  he be like a Match Making God or something that was forbidden to fall in love that would  have been amazing.

8 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

LOL after watching the last episiode I'm just trying hard not to think.   But can someone tell me if the tree curse is still alive?  I'm assuming no since no one is dishing out the pollen coffee anymore and the tree is healthy?  But was the tree dying activated by Oh Soo falling in love or because he wasn't doing his tree fairy duties?  

No one knows they did not explain anything at all.

I'm also not satisfied with the ending. A lot of question left unanswered. The tree is still alive but what about the curse? The black pollen reset OS 28 years of life but what about the fact that he is the heir of the curse? Did the pollen also took back OS's ability to see the colour of human emotions? Now what about Yuri? If OS fall in love with her again, will she be sick again? 

Too many question that the writer want us the viewers to answer by ourselves?? What kind of ending is that?? That's not suppose to happen in the final episode. I almost flip the table, luckily LJH and KSE chemistry save the day. 

WHAT???  WHAT were those previous 14 episodes about?

Ep 15 was the BREAKUP.  Ep 16 was a re-run-of-the-highlights of the prior 12 episodes.  

SO???  

WHAT was up with that tree?

Pollen?  

Grandpa?  

That stupid brother and his lame girlfriend 'dating' three years?

Talisman?   WHY?  WHAT?  WHO?  

AND WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT TREE? 

The scenes where the tree was primary were ... not visible.  Couldn't see a thing about that stupid tree so WHAT was the purpose of showing the tree?  

I don't get a single thing about this series except that there were 2 guys liking one dumb cop girl, buying food and paying hospital bills for the cop girl who had a family full of misfortune.   

Cop Girl gets TheGuy in THE END? 

Archived