[Drama 2018] Evergreen (That Man Oh Soo) 그남자 오수

Go Seung Ji

@0ly40, Thanks so much for posting that APRIL ost - it was the ost I was looking for from episode 1.

The intro drama ost (English piano type) I haven't searched the real singer yet - sounds like a foreigner female voice. I am expecting more cool and lovely ost from this drama, since LeeJongHyun / CNBLUE is here right :)

Hahahaha SYR went to the Cafe's toilet without asking for permission first - is so hilarious.

@evie7, I don't think they will kiss just yet (cliff hanger ep 4).

And that second female lead (the chaebol one) - makes me very uneasy :(

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 4 was the best episode yet :blush:.   The part where Oh Soo tested the mystery meat on his sleeping brother was so funny.  LOL Oh Soo is slightly weird ( in a good way) but nice I like this kind of character.  I like that we see Yuri's mother and why Yuri is working so hard on getting that promotion.  The action scene at the end was wow I thought I was watching a crime thriller, no damsel in distress here.  The plot is building up slowly don't you think?  Did anyone notice the plants in Yuri's bedroom and in the opening theme song she is crouching down to look at a plant?  I think Yuri will play a part in healing the magic tree and maybe stop Oh Soo from dying?   I wonder how Oh Soo's AI stuff will play a part in the plot?  Will he make a Yuri robot to test out his cheesy love lines?  I also don't think they will kiss, if you look closely I think Yuri has a cut and blood on her lip, Oh Soo is probably taking a really close look.  So is it goodbye or welcome Oh Soo still doesn't seem to realize his feeling yet.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-that-man-oh-soo-episode-4-116524.html

The intro song is a version of this song but I can't find the exact one from the drama.

Thinking Of You

This song is by Andy Leech.

When I met You, You were kind of shy and...
I never knew what I was in for
Time took over, we all lost our minds and...
Now we're lying, lying on the floor

On 3/13/2018 at 3:41 AM, PororoQueen said:

Oh Soo ... his smile is so addicted, so refreshing like a lil kid - I wonder where have I been so far, coz this is the first Lee Jong Hyun's drama I watch. The way OS showed jealousy when YooRi talked on phone saying that her school friend is so handsome Hahaha so cute :tongue:.

This the first time I'm watching him in a drama too, I just loved the way he acted all jealous. He was trying to be cool but he didn't succeed, I can't believe he just ignored her after that. I'm happy we got an almost kiss at the end

EHY5hAL.png

My heart was fluttering, I hope they are not interrupted. I will be so upset. I have a feeling that the chaebol granddaughter is going to cause some trouble too.

On 3/13/2018 at 1:33 PM, dramaninja said:

Really how many times are these 2 going to be in some danger haha :D

I'm w/@ziarama hopefully many times,  any excuse for skinship is a good thing.I like them being The Danger Couple.

Has anyone figure what the different colors he see's on people mean? O know black is nit good and red is love but what does yellow mean?

On 3/13/2018 at 7:33 AM, satanghaesolim said:

Rating from wiki. I don't know if this is good bad or average since it is a cable channel and ratings are normally lower.

They are not good, but I'm not sure how the other 2 romcoms did in this spot. Cable ratings are lower but  I hope they can get to 1%. 

Hello everyone! I'm happy that this page is getting active. Hopefully many people would join in this thread. Count me in! I decided to join this thread because I like both of the leads. I'm a fan of kim so eun since Boys over flowers era and I've known lee jong hyun through running man when he was a guest way back 2012. I came to like him because he's always smiling and he has a gentle aura in him.

I'm up for this drama since November when a news was released that Lee jong hyun and Kim so eun will be paired for a romcom drama. I've read the plot and my excitement doubled. Back then, I was patiently waiting for March to come faster. And now that Evergreen is in its 4th episode, I couldn't be more excited where this drama is taking us. I can't wait to see a jealous Oh soo!:D I like Seo yuri too. She's so cool. Far from being a damsel in distress. Can't wait for the next episodes.

@PororoQueen I agree with you. I feel uneasy towards the second female lead. I can sense that she's plotting something towards our main couple.

@evie7 I  think they are aiming for international market like My Secret Romance so the local ratings don't matter that much. Evergreen is doing good . It is already included in  the top 10 dramas of the week of dramafever.

Sorry I can't quote using my phone.

Finished eps 3 and 4, and still enjoying it so far! It’s a very light and easy watch ^_^ I like that Yoo Ri is no damsel in distress and can fend for herself. I also like the magic tree aspect and it's interesting how it’s connected with Oh Soo’s health. I’ve been wondering what the different colors that Oh Soo sees mean. Hoping we’ll get to know in next week’s episodes. And looks like next week the love triangle starts (or I guess love square because of chaebol granddaughter)

I think they won’t kiss, but hoping I’ll be proved wrong :wub:

_DSF0686.jpg?type=w800

_DSF0856.jpg?type=w800

_DSF0684.jpg?type=w800

More episodes 3 and 4 stills found here:

https://m.blog.naver.com/ocnblog/221228008234

I have a question. How many episodes does evergreen have? I've read somewhere that it is only a 10-episode series. Some posts on ig have stated that it will be a 16-episode series. What's the truth? I hope it would be 16 episodes because I'd love to watch jonghyun and so eun on tv longer.

15 hours ago, justlove said:

I think they won’t kiss, but hoping I’ll be proved wrong :wub:

I don't think so either. Just before they were talking about  his "girlfriend" and she has hurt her lip, so he's probably going to wipe of the blood...But then again I AM with you :D, hopefully they surprise us!:D

What an interesting show. I’m so happy that I decided to venture in watching because it’s pretty unique, and at the same time alike  as other past shows I’ve watched. 

I love how it juxtopses reality and fantasy. We have a character who is conflicted with the logical, and the fantasy of his family heritage. We have a character who scoffs at love, but at the same time supposed to be some kind of love Cupid? What fun! 

It’s also quite interesting how in some scenes there are parody elements. I thought it was hilarious that his grandfather went to the meeting instead, and the back hug. :D

The heroine is also quite interesting. She’s strong, and fragile at the same time (similar to the main  male character-elevator scene anyone (?). She’s almost like a real person full of contradictions.  Cause in the end aren’t we all?  She’s also extremely likeable. 

Furthermore it also talks about the concept of fate or destiny. Do we run and hide or do we accept our responsibilities? 

The house is amazing! And the cafe :wub:

@satanghaesolim , waaaa....good job in finding us the ost. Thank you :)  Agree with you Re: YooRi will take part in healing the magic tree. I can see Yoori as a person who has ability to nurture; She takes responsibility towards her sibling, she feeds the wild cats and takes care of flowers. What a match eh!

They film this drama in a fun way, from the BTS, you can see that everyone's laughing. Omo... even that guy i think he's a PD-nim in red jacket and hoodie was laughing at KimSooEun Hahahaha, good atmosphere!! :heart:

Was KinSooEun scared to get electric shock during the scene under that lamp? :D

I wish they have BTS when YooRi sprint running into the cafe's toilet at episode 4 LOL

Have you seen the way OhSoo looking at the Chaebol girl visiting his cafe?, well to me he looked at her from head to toe!... Arrgh made me soo jealous.

@nrbrown, Yeah... the part when his Harabuji went to the blind date instead of OhSoo was funny. Grandpa took the responsibility for setting up a date, hahaha!!

BTS looks funny :grin:

@PororoQueen your welcome :blush: .  It's going to be really interesting to see the difference in how Oh Soo behaves around the Chaebol granddaughter and Yuri.  He's really curious about Yuri but when he is with the Chaebol granddaughter his mind seems elsewhere.

@nrbrown I don't watch many dramas but do you notice a slight gender role reversal as well.  Isn't is normally the girl who gets their first kiss stolen?  Oh Soo's wide eyed look when Yuri kissed him was hilarious.  This look is normally reserved for female characters?  

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2018/03/14/evergreen-that-man-oh-soo-first-impressions-unfiltered-thoughts/

I check out this drama because of Kim Soeun and so far I really like it. Although the drama is so cliche with a triangle love story, I find it enjoyable. The last drama I watched had been an emotional roller coaster for me so now I want to watch a happy romcom drama with a light story line. Btw dramafever has release an english sub video during the press conference;

The MC asked Soeun to choose between Oh Soo or Jin Woo and she preferred someone who would stay devoted to her (its Jin Woo). I find it funny that Jonghyun seems dissatisfied with her answer and immediately said 'I stayed devoted to you too, though' while staring at her. Ahh I know it's for the promotion but they really looks good together:D

And another video for promotional cast interview

@PororoQueen I know. The grandfather is responsible (in trying to set up his grandson), and witty. I’ve chuckled many times watching this show. After finishing  Hwayugi, this show filled the vacuum. I like dramatic/tragic shows, but I prefer romantic comedies much more (and if it has fantasy-I’m sold! )

This show truly is fun. All the characters are enjoyable to watch, even the little sister with her gang. They also have very good supporting actors which is always a plus. 

The actor who plays the older brother has been in past kdramas that I’ve enjoyed, and I think he’s a great actor. Also the actor who plays the co partner in the biz is great.

So I’m happy as a clam!!  B)

@satanghaesolim 

Yep, gender role reversals are fab! I was pleasantly surprised when they introduced her profession, and it makes sense. 

If a pollen mixed into a coffee makes it an "Energy Drink"... can we call the pollen as a doping? Hahaha, I would want that energy coffee too. *Grin*  Only if YooRi knew she was given something that made her kiss him ......

That's why, I want to see them to have natural kiss without the influence of any Pollen or alcohol, and with OhSoo's heart welcome the "thump thump" -ing sound :D

OhSoo had a dream of his father throwing a glass, I wonder if little OhSoo had a trauma from his parents death??

I think It will be fun too if PD-Nim somehow makes a scene where YooRi plays a guitar in front of that quiet OhSoo - lol - Yay CNBLUE.

Recently just saw this drama and now im addicted!  I love the characters and the chemistry between seo yuri and oh soo is very heart fluttering^^

I hope more viewers are watching this drama, anyone who loves rom com (but not cliche) with a bit of fantasy will love it~

Archived