[Upcoming Drama 2019-2021] Kingdom, 킹덤 - Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na - Netflix - One-Episode-Special to premiere in 2021

0ly40

@lu09 I just pray the script, direction and performances continue to be strong and be enough to whet the appetite in yet another year-long wait to S3 :sweatingbullets: Please let it be so!

A clearer version of the teaser... the zombies have evolved to be able to climb up the rooftops now? :crazy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, liddi said:

@lu09 I just pray the script, direction and performances continue to be strong and be enough to whet the appetite in yet another year-long wait to S3 :sweatingbullets: Please let it be so!

A clearer version of the teaser... the zombies have evolved to be able to climb up the rooftops now? :crazy:

Who is the guy on the extreme left? in red. New character?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liddi said:

I recently saw world war z, and there was a scene where the zombies climbed up a wall when it was thought that having a wall was enough.  Scary

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, towrite said:

Who is the guy on the extreme left? in red. New character?

Isn't he the same guy from the village whose mother died 3 years ago? The man the crown prince knew personally unless he gets killed in this season and that's a new character:mellow:.. (I don't remember the details lol:sweatingbullets:. Looks like I have to watch it again). 

@liddi I hope so too:rolleyes:. I thought zombies can climb a wall due to them stepping on each other's back. I'm having flashbacks to Train to Busan lol:sweatingbullets::lol::D. I'm trying to determine which group is worse here Imao:sweat_smile::joy:.

• LOL 1

44 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Isn't he the same guy from the village whose mother died 3 years ago? The man the crown prince knew personally unless he gets killed in this season and that's a new character:mellow:.. (I don't remember the details lol:sweatingbullets:. Looks like I have to watch it again). 

Lord Ahn's mother died 3 years ago. Ah, I think he is Lord Ahn's right hand. The one who is always with Ahn. Think its him.

• Insightful 1

@lu09 @towrite I don't think the man in red on the left looks like Lord Ahn nor his right hand man. Perhaps another new character since we already know there will be new characters introduced e.g. JJH's role? Assuming he is new, wonder who he is meant to replace, if any, since most characters, no matter how strong the viewer's emotional bond, are more than likely dispensable in the merciless hands of writer-nim KEH :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1

Season 2 Of Netflix’s “Kingdom” Shares Haunting Character Stills Ahead Of March Premiere

Feb 11, 2020
by J. Lim

The second season of Netflix’s thriller zombie series “Kingdom” has released its first character stills.

“Kingdom” is a mystery thriller and a zombie sageuk that takes place in the Joseon era. The story will follow the growing greed of the Jo family and crown prince Lee Chang (Joo Ji Hoon), who finds himself unable to trust anyone.

The new stills show the tension that has fallen on the Joseon era due to a zombie outbreak. Crown prince Lee Chang does not sleep and continues the endless fight to keep his people safe, while prime minister Jo Hak Joo (Ryu Seung Ryong) tries to chase Lee Chang out of the palace walls and take control of the fate of the country with his growing greed. Medical assistant Seo Bi (Bae Doona) is undeterred by the adversities she faces and works hard to uncover secrets that surround them.

Joo-Ji-Hoon.jpgRyu-Seung-Ryong.jpgBae-Doona.jpg

Moo Young (Kim Sang Ho) is under suspicion of spying on the crown prince on behalf of Jo Hak Joo, and he stays by Lee Chang’s side with an air of despondency. Duk Sung (Jin Seon Kyu) and Young Shin (Kim Sung Kyu), who lost his family, take on the fight as they remember what happened three years ago. Beom Pal (Jeon Suk Ho) is able to stay alive when he meets his uncle Jo Hak Joo, Min Chi Rok (Park Byung Eun) gets one step closer to the palace secrets as he chases after a mysterious serial killer, and the Queen (Kim Hye Joon) continues to be more ambitious with the absence of her father Jo Hak Joo. Lee Kang Yoon (Kim Tae Hoon) is ordered by Jo Hak Joo to face off against Lee Chang, who is accused of being a traitor.

Spoiler

Kim-Sang-Ho.jpgKim-Sung-Kyu.jpgJeon-Suk-Ho.jpgKim-Hye-Joon.jpgKim-Tae-Hoon.jpg

“Kingdom” is raising anticipation for its second season with the return of characters and the introduction of new ones. The series will premiere on March 13 on Netflix.

cr. Soompi

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, towrite said:

And hope there isn't any s3 4 5...wait is ridiculous. End it at s2.

Unfortunately, I heard that there is a season 3:weary:. JJH unni will be on it. 

So the queen takes over the throne and literally sits on it. I wonder how he is gonna drag his step mom from the throne lol:lol::joy:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lu09 said:

Unfortunately, I heard that there is a season 3:weary:. JJH unni will be on it. 

Hope Ji Hoon Joon and Bae Doona aren't in s3 4 5...May be my interest will go down and no more of playing these waiting games then..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@lynne22 Me too, so much so that I was grinning from ear to ear just to see a mini-reunion of sorts of Kingdom alumni in Hyena Ep1, with Crown Prince Yi Chang grooving alongside the just as dorky as ever's Jo Beom Pal! :lol: Counting down impatiently to Mar 13th! 

• LOL 4

19 hours ago, liddi said:

@lynne22 Me too, so much so that I was grinning from ear to ear just to see a mini-reunion of sorts of Kingdom alumni in Hyena Ep1, with Crown Prince Yi Chang grooving alongside the just as dorky as ever's Jo Beom Pal! :lol: Counting down impatiently to Mar 13th! 

I don't watch K dramas but is this scene / clip online, just this?

New characters and intriguing hints about each person's motivations! Solely based on the poster, Jo Beom Pal looks like the one least likely to survive at the end of it :sweatingbullets::lol:

“Kingdom” Highlights Each Character’s Importance In New Poster For Season 2

“Kingdom” Highlights Each Character’s Importance In New Poster For Season 2

Feb 25, 2020
by S. Cho

“Kingdom” has released a new poster for their upcoming season!

Netflix’s mystery thriller “Kingdom” is a zombie sageuk that takes place in the Joseon era. The story will follow the growing greed of the Jo family and crown prince Lee Chang (Joo Ji Hoon), who finds himself unable to trust anyone.

The poster revealed on February 24 depicts the 10 characters who the future of Joseon depends on. These include crown prince Lee Chang who has left the palace in order to help his citizens, greedy prime minister Jo Hak Joo (Ryu Seung Ryong) who tries to chase Lee Chang out of the palace walls, and medical assistant Seo Bi (Bae Doona), who does everything in her power to find a cure for the outbreak.

Kingdom1.jpg

Additionally, Moo Young (Kim Sang Ho) raises tensions in the drama as a possible insider, as he is under suspicion of spying on the crown prince on behalf of Jo Hak Joo, despite having been Lee Chang’s best friend. Young Shin (Kim Sung Kyu) holds the event from three years ago in his heart and stays close to Lee Chang.

Beom Pal (Jeon Suk Ho) is able to stay alive when he meets his uncle Jo Hak Joo, Min Chi Rok (Park Byung Eun) gets one step closer to the palace secrets as he chases after a mysterious serial killer, and the Queen (Kim Hye Joon) continues to become more ambitious with the absence of her father Jo Hak Joo. Training leader Lee Kang Yoon (Kim Tae Hoon) remains close to Jo Hak Joo to honor principle and rank while Lord Ahn Hyun (Heo Joon Ho) continues to provide guidance as Lee Chang’s father figure and former mentor

cr. Soompi

@towrite No. Jeon Suk Ho plays JJH's assistant in Hyena so we get a fair amount of their scenes together, but this rates as my favourite thus far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, liddi said:

No. Jeon Suk Ho plays JJH's assistant in Hyena so we get a fair amount of their scenes together, but this rates as my favourite thus far.

It's fine. Not that am missing anything worth.

Gosh the Kingdom 2 poster looks like the Avengers Saga and that isn't a good comparison.

Serial Killer? Some new plot point added for S2?..