[Upcoming Drama 2019-2021] Kingdom, 킹덤 - Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na - Netflix - One-Episode-Special to premiere in 2021

0ly40

Just watched few videos of this cast and I want the Indonesian one to be Eng subbed. But it's already been 6 months so...:/

Is it that S2 has a different director? This is a dampener if it is true as the visual language and how the story was brought alive onscreen has to be of the same language in S2. S1 I wasn't sure what it was, a movie or drama but it was what was needed for this story.

Any idea, anyone here, who the new director is? Asianwiki lists the same Tunnel director but other posts here say otherwise...

• Like 1

All the men whom Seo Bi encounters get unwelcomingly physical with her in their interactions. She doesn't (and cannot to a certain degree) say a word.

First, Young Shin who grabs her wrist tight (a classic male dominant trope) when she gives it back to his rude , unnecessary talk. She has to explain herself and wrestle out of the situation. Loved how she told him to leave rather than wait for the doc.

At the mountain, the prince's bodyguard pushes her shoulder pointingly and grabs her arm to make her stop walking.

Coward Cho, goodness, he never ever leaves her arm, his grip always there when in the prison as she defends them both. He is steps ahead owning her as his own , grabbing her to run away with him, always following her around. B***** stalker.

For all the men, they feel entitled to possess her in a way they can. Agreed it is the 1500s / 1600s and women were treated like commodities (heck, it is so even now.) but to watch this is...I wanted to get into the screen , give them a whack and then get back out to continue to watch the episodes.

Even the Prince, he believes her because he has seen that grotesque figure in the night at the palace. Else how would he have put her down?. How is the Prince with women?.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Kingdom, 킹덤 - Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na - Netflix - Season 2 coming 2020

Wow... Kingdom S2 has not aired, and there are already talks of S3! And with the addition of Jun Ji Hyun to the cast!

Jun Ji Hyun To Appear In “Kingdom” Season 2 + Netflix Addresses Potential Season 3

Jun Ji Hyun To Appear In “Kingdom” Season 2 + Netflix Addresses Potential Season 3

Nov 28, 2019
by U. Kim

On November 28, Sports Chosun reported that Jun Ji Hyun will be appearing in the finale of Netflix’s “Kingdom” season two.

The first season of “Kingdom” premiered in late January to positive reviews. A second season was confirmed to return with actors Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doona, and Ryu Seung Ryong from the first season.

Jun Ji Hyun’s appearance in “Kingdom” season two was kept a secret even within Netflix’s production team. Jun Ji Hyun’s parts were reportedly filmed separately after the completion of the other cast members’ scenes. According to Sports Chosun, Jun Ji Hyun will appear in the finale of season two and then as a key character in the rumored third season of “Kingdom.”

Jun Ji Hyun’s agency Culture Depot stated, “It is true that Jun Ji Hyun took part in filming for ‘Kingdom’ season two. However, we cannot mention anything about the drama itself. We ask for your understanding.” Regarding the reports about Jun Ji Hyun taking part in a third season of the drama the agency said, “The production has not been confirmed, but if it is confirmed and we are given an offer, we will positively review it.”

A source from Netflix also shared, “The production of ‘Kingdom’ season three has not been confirmed yet.”

“Kingdom” will be Jun Ji Hyun’s first drama appearance in four years and her first attempt at a sageuk drama.

cr. Soompi

• Like 2
  • Unamused 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

okies... season 3, getting carried away aren't they?...Let's see how S2 unfolds and wraps first. And JJH and BD and the other members have become such a wonderful entity in what they as a whole brought to the series. Why is JJH (damn, her initials match with JJH) cast now...

Or she is the female lead for JJH and BD and the actor who plays Young Shin get together as the other lead pairing..?....

Thanks @liddi for the ups!

Has the OST for the series been released? Couldn't find it. :/ Anyone any leads? Really liked the music - perfectly in sync with all the shenanigans onscreen. And every episode has a dramatic arc which has a dramatic score, this score becoming the end credit music for that episode. Loved the way they came up with this idea , each episode end credit music is tied in with what happens in that episode.

Damn, just when I thought I was done with Kingdom for now, they pull me right back in.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, liddi said:

Wow... Kingdom S2 has not aired, and there are already talks of S3! And with the addition of Jun Ji Hyun to the cast!

Nov 28, 2019
by U. Kim

On November 28, Sports Chosun reported that Jun Ji Hyun will be appearing in the finale of Netflix’s “Kingdom” season two.

The first season of “Kingdom” premiered in late January to positive reviews. A second season was confirmed to return with actors Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doona, and Ryu Seung Ryong from the first season.

Jun Ji Hyun’s appearance in “Kingdom” season two was kept a secret even within Netflix’s production team. Jun Ji Hyun’s parts were reportedly filmed separately after the completion of the other cast members’ scenes. According to Sports Chosun, Jun Ji Hyun will appear in the finale of season two and then as a key character in the rumored third season of “Kingdom.”

Jun Ji Hyun’s agency Culture Depot stated, “It is true that Jun Ji Hyun took part in filming for ‘Kingdom’ season two. However, we cannot mention anything about the drama itself. We ask for your understanding.” Regarding the reports about Jun Ji Hyun taking part in a third season of the drama the agency said, “The production has not been confirmed, but if it is confirmed and we are given an offer, we will positively review it.”

A source from Netflix also shared, “The production of ‘Kingdom’ season three has not been confirmed yet.”

“Kingdom” will be Jun Ji Hyun’s first drama appearance in four years and her first attempt at a sageuk drama.

cr. Soompi

i hope that Ju Ji Hoon and Bae Doo-Na are gonna be in the season 3 if not i'm gonna be very mad ~ the only drama i have watched from Jun Ji Hyun is My Love From the Star and the movie windstruck (because Jang Hyuk plays in that)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1

I read about Jun Ji Hyun will appear in Kingdom S3, i am so esctatic but it doesn't mean that she will replace Bae Doo Na or someone right ? I was hooked by the first season with Joo Ji Hoon and Bae Doo Na and i thought that they made the story more perfect, i wish Jun Jin Hyun appearance in Third season doesn't indicate that some important character will be dead in the future..

• Like 4

I enjoyed season 1 and was wondering about season 2 and was thinking to rewatch over the Christmas holidays when I see the news of JJH joining. I'm super happy as I'm a fan of hers and now will def rewatch season 1 before season 2 for the details. 

• Like 1

If there's anything I've learnt from watching scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee's dramas over the years, is that no character, lead or otherwise, is safe. She has killed off her lead characters before in at least 3 of her dramas, and judging from JJH and RSY's reactions reading the script for S2, I won't be surprised if a prominent character (if not more) winds up dead too. I am intrigued by the introduction of Jun Ji Hyun's character, particularly since she will play a key role in the next season, and as of now, I can't imagine what that role would be. Nonetheless, I trust KEH to weave her magic as always and give us a compelling, believable progression in the narrative arc. Is it March 2020 already?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, liddi said:

If there's anything I've learnt from watching scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee's dramas over the years, is that no character, lead or otherwise, is safe. She has killed off her lead characters before in at least 3 of her dramas, and judging from JJH and RSY's reactions reading the script for S2, I won't be surprised if a prominent character (if not more) winds up dead too. I am intrigued by the introduction of Jun Ji Hyun's character, particularly since she will play a key role in the next season, and as of now, I can't imagine what that role would be. Nonetheless, I trust KEH to weave her magic as always and give us a compelling, believable progression in the narrative arc. Is it March 2020 already?

I have no idea about this writer and don't watch K dramas much - came to Kingdom because of Bae Doona and the critical acclaim; of course JJH is an added bonus, but no K star is immune to acting in crappy dramas/films he included, so it was Doona and the sensible reviews.

Yes, JJH and RSY were shocked at the scripts but I just feel it would take a massive high jump to kill JJH / BD and still dazzlingly engage the viewers.  I still am skeptical of JJH joining in - I am visualising her as gatecrashing this successful series, ha.

And Series 3 is a bit much at this point. Take it sensibly slow is what I'd prefer.

• Like 1

@towrite To be fair, S2 was already announced even before S1 aired, so I am beginning to see it as a pattern in this series, which could well be an indication of the production's confidence in its appeal. We shall see. I wonder if S3 will still be scripted by KEH - directors have changed from S1 to S2, and I wonder whether the same would hold true for S3, but I can't imagine the scriptwriter being changed, apart from extenuating circumstances.

I am a huge fan of KEH's works and have watched all her dramas, and she has not disappointed, but gone from strength to strength. I only hope that the news of S3 will not detract from the production of the sequel to arguably her best drama Signal that I (and all other Signal fans) have been waiting patiently for since 2016.

Haven't heard any news of the OST either - do share if you see it being released anywhere. Actually, there is very little in terms of BTSes for this series which is a real shame as I would have loved to see how the drama is produced. Hope they are more generous with such footage for S2.

• Insightful 1

5 hours ago, liddi said:

directors have changed from S1 to S2

Exactly, directors have changed and episode 1 has S1 director directing and handing over the reins to the new D, BD's insta acc had some pics of these. Hence my trepidation for S3. S2 let it roll, but whether it leaves a positive mark is still to be seen. Netflix has this thing of announcing seasons if it feels the particular series is a money spinner in that market, critical quality taking a backseat. Hence S3 has all the red lights screaming at this point. Ah well, only time will tell, and let's hope the millions of prod'n money doesn't go down the drain.

Yup the OST, man, they should release it. I want that Indonesian interview to be subbed as well. It's good in a way that there are no BTS, else more time spent online, ha.

• Like 1

A rough translation of the Netflix Indonesia Q&A (apologies for any mistakes as I am not Indonesian, but I understand Malay, which is similar to Indonesian):

PD: This is a game to find out the chemistry between each of you. The moment someone writes an answer, the other two will guess the answer and write it on the board.

Question for Bae Doona
The world is attacked by zombies and you only have 10 seconds to take one thing and run. What will you take?

A. Important documents
B. Family photo
C. Favourite food
D. Cellphone

BDN: D (cellphone). Why D? Firstly the time given is only 10secs. If it was food... I was torn between taking C (favourite food) or D (cellphone). If I have a cellphone, I can order food. So I thought why should I pick C? Important documents and family photos are also in the cellphone so it is more efficient.
PD: What about the rest of you?

JJH: As Bae Doona's right hand man... Oh! RSR guessed correctly! As Bae Doona's right hand man... based on her character... C. Ulangttang soup (Korean traditional food, like beef soup)

BDN: You! Why?  (laughs)
JJH: It's a good answer.
BDN: What's so good about it?! (laughs)

Question for Joo Ji Hoon
What weapon would you use to fight zombies?

A. Bamboo spear
B. Flip Flops
C. Machete
D. Satay fan

JJH: I choose C (machete)
RSR: Won't it be better if the two of us revealed our answers first, so that it is more suspenseful.
JJH, BDN: Oh that's true.
RSY: I always get caught out, because I always say "Oh?" once the answer is revealed
JJH: Me? If I have C (machete), I can make everything. I can make a bamboo spear if there is bamboo. I can make a satay fan from bamboo, and if I had two fans, I can make sandals!
PD (to RSY): You don't have to amend your answer.
RSR: I choose A. 
BDN: My guess is correct!
RSR: Oh C (machete)? Bamboo spears are longer, so I can stab zombies from a distance. I think that is safer. He has really long arms. If it's me... yeah, that's it.
(laughs)

Question for Ryu Seung Ryeong
What food would you stock up during a state of emergency?

A. Instant noodles
B. Rendang
C. Fritters
D. Meatballs

BDN: It looks delicious
JJH: That's easy
RSR: Why is everyone so serious?
JJH: 1, 2, 3!
(They both choose A)
JJH: The reason is during a state of emergency, and Indonesia is a hot country...
RSR: You would eat instant noodles during a state of emergency?
JJH: The rest would go bad quickly.
BDN: It is hot?
JJH: As for instant noodles, there are preservatives.
RSR: Oh it doesn't have to be boiled.
JJH: That's right! It can be taken as is, can be taken as a snack. 
RSR: I like different kinds of food.  (chooses B )
BDN: You like fatty food
(laughs)

Question for Bae Doona
When chased by zombies, what will you use to run away?

A. Carriage
B. Rickshaw
C. Three wheeler
D. Taxibike

JJH: C
RSR: C
BDN: Why?
JJH: It can speed.
RSR: And it can carry several people
JJH: And you can hide in it.
BDN: True. That's the reason I chose C too.
RSR: At last we are on the same page!
BDN: Actually I can ride a bike, but I can't ride a motorcycle. If it were a carriage... it seems slow. While we were shooting Kingdom, the horses tired easily. 
JJH: Yes, they were tired easily.
BDN: That's right. Rickshaws are slow, and I don't know how to ride a motorcycle. But the carriage is lovely, yes.

Question for Ryu Seung Ryeong
What would you do if the person you love turned into a zombie?

A. Imprison them and stay together with them
B. Leave them
C. Kill them
D. Cry

RSR: This is hard!
JJH: Yes, it's hard.
RSR: It's hard, but also easy. That's the key.
BDN: 1, 2, 3!
BDN: B (leave them)
JJH: C (kill them)
BDN: Just now I chose D (cry). I thought Oppa (RSR) will cry like a baby if the one he loves became a zombie. But after I thought it through, it's possible that he leaves after crying. 
RSR: That's true. Definitely cry first, then do A, B and C
JJH: I thought the same. His first reaction would be to cry first. As far as I know, Seung Ryeong... first he will try to carry on with his life. But after continuing to lead his life, it will be too painful so in the end, he will leave. But after that, his zombie could be following him, or new zombies appear. Although it pains him...  in the end he will kill them with his own hands. 
RSR: I will also do C (kill them) but the sequence is different. After crying and trying to extend their lives, I will end up being killed, so...

Question to all three

If there is a zombie attack, who will survive the longest between the three of you?

JJH: 1, 2, 3!
(BDN chooses JJH, JJH & RSR choose BDN)
BDN: Oh! Really? Do I appear the strongest?
RSR: In my opinion, she will paste herbs all over her body such as Gongjindan and Uhwangcheongshimhwan (Korean traditional medicines), in the form of pills or liquids, as an antidote for the zombie epidermic.
JJH: In my opinion based on my experience playing FPS (First Person Shooting) game, the one who is timid and cautious will last longer. Whereas those who are brave and warrior-like will die faster if they are too enthusiastic. However, Noona is quite timid so she will be more careful and live longer.
BDN: Yes I am definitely a worrier and timid. Therefore, I am more careful. I think you assume I will try to cajole them with food.
JJH: Great actresses will definitely be able to stay safe without having to resort to cajoling.
RSR: She adapts easily, and her persuasive skills are great. As such, I believe she has the highest chances for survival.
JJH: That's true! She has many friends, many acquaintances, and lots of properties too.
BDN: What's that supposed to mean?! No such thing!
PD: For Bae Doona, what's your reason for choosing Joo Jihoon?
BDN: First, he is a great fighter. So to me, he won't die. 
JJH: I won't die easily. 
BDN: Yes, won't die easily.
JJH: When everyone is dead, then I will follow suit.
BDN: I'm actually worried about Seung Ryeong.
RSR: You won't have guessed. (laughs)
BDN: Like him, I will cry!
JJH: Didn't you say your knees or ankles hurt?
RSR: Yes, both of them hurt.
BDN: Oh really?
JJH: For me, he will get caught easily.
RSR: I think so too.

• Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Kingdom, 킹덤 - Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na - Netflix - Season 2 coming in March 2020

Okies, so when the PM's son tells JJH's character (JJH from now) that the sword he has cannot kill people, JJH does kill him, but with the son's own sword. His sword or whatever he has in his hand is destroyed by the son.  - E 2.

E 6 - At Lord Ahn's residence , in the morning when awaiting the PM's guards to capture him , he is cleaning a sword. It is obviously his own, but am wondering if he has now deliberately taken the son's sword to be his own?...

In those time, each one had his own sword right? , and to lose or to misplace it, was indeed serious. Or Maybe Ahn has given a sword?...I have to know!

Also, these little clues , vital nonetheless. The first time JJH senses something wrong when riding to the clinic, he says everything is so silent, n0 birds , insect making sounds. He is aware of these things - intuitively intelligent. this helps him in the finale when a large group of birds fly into the sky , an unusual occurrence. He again senses something big is going to happen, gets ready for the battle. 

In the night, when the horse comes with only the arm, JJH says they ought to be ready and Ahn lights the wooden barricade. It is of no use as nothing happens. In the morning, after sensing the birds, it is JJH taking the lead and sending the burning arrow far out into the fields. He has taken the reigns now, of leading. This also ties in when Ahn and his men , light the dry grass nights before when he and JJH first meet - killing the boat zombies. JJH does now what Ahn does before, barricading and then attacking what comes in.

Season 2 where are you (except Jeon Ji Hyun--kidding...may be not)

• Insightful 2

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2 teasers are breathtaking! Is it March already?

Watch: “Kingdom” Promises Strong Return With Chilling Teasers For 2nd Season

Watch: “Kingdom” Promises Strong Return With Chilling Teasers For 2nd Season

Dec 24, 2019
by U. Kim

The second season of Netflix’s “Kingdom” has revealed frightening teasers!

“Kingdom” is a zombie sageuk that takes place in the Joseon era. In an attempt to save the people during a plague, the crown prince Chang (Joo Ji Hoon) returns to the palace to find the source of the disease and uncovers other secrets and plots within the palace. The first season came to an end with a shocking conclusion, making viewers eagerly look forward to the second season.

The newly revealed teasers show the sudden moments of death that are encountered by Chang, Seo Bi (Bae Doona), the Queen (Kim Hye Joon), zombies, and the King.

Clutching a blood-covered sword in his hands, Chang is engulfed in the dark as he heads into the palace.

Seo Bi is locked up somewhere with her eyes covered. Blood spatters Seo Bi’s face, and a shrill screech can be heard.

Spoiler

The Queen continues to reign with greed and causes a shaman to meet her end.

Countless zombies swarm viciously towards the door, signaling that a dark shadow has overtaken Joseon.

Behind an empty throne is the King, who has turned into a zombie.

The shocking teasers arouse even greater anticipation for the second season of “Kingdom,” which premieres March 2020.

cr. Soompi

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs/videos in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3

@liddi Thanks so much for the teasers... OMG:scream:, things are intense. Damn, looks like someone found out SB is able to make the medicine since she is a doctor or a nurse??? I forgot lol:sweatingbullets:. This is bad. It's probably the PM or the Queen. 

The Queen never ceases to amaze me. She is scarier than the PM:crazy:

@stella77 It's only December and they released the teasers lol:lol:. How are we gonna wait for 3 months:sweatingbullets:? Not to mention, there is a season 3 coming up afterwards:sweat:. It's gonna end with a cliffhanger again:weary:

PS: it's good she liked it. I tried with my younger sister and she is like later lol:sweat_smile:

• Like 4

@lu09 That is the one thing I liked about this show is the Queen and her evil father. Like it is so clear and their evilness is so sharp that it really makes makes them scarier then the zombies in some sense. The previews all look great - on the bright side SB being locked up is maybe in some ways safer lol. My older sis screamed and looked away during some scenes but she made a good joke that our poor Prince is literally always running into a bad situation and therefore running again for his life lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Saw the teasers on Asianwiki and was like What.The.Heck!

S1 leaves us dangling with an imminent zombie war, leaving us wondering if the P,  Bae D, Coward C will survive this catastrophe in the morning and also what with the Prime Minister getting some zombie in his box!. But S2 teasers are so gentle in a way, completely doing away with what S1 left us with. Who had the gall to to this!?

So, it is likely all come out alive from the S1 battle -  the P,  B D, C Cho def'y for comic relief and the Prime M. The King now is breaking through his room! Whoa!

Aside, JJH is so attractive, gosh! LIkey likey. Jun Ji Hyun - Don't want her. Bae D - More of her, strategizing and working with her intelligence rather than being made to wander night and day for herbs! Young Shin - Where is his teaser, ha.

Does it seem like the Queen did not get a baby? What voodoo shaman rituals is she performing now?...

• Like 1