[Upcoming Drama 2019-2021] Kingdom, 킹덤 - Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doo Na - Netflix - One-Episode-Special to premiere in 2021

0ly40

Finally watched the 1st episode and I must say that despite the sudden loud music that makes me jump from my seat and those scary zombies, I love this drama. Only watched 1st episode so still adjusting with the characters but already hate the Queen :yum: I may be bias when it comes to Joo Ji Hoon, but I think the Crown Prince is so cool. :joy: And Bae Doo Na is amazing as usual.

6 hours ago, diane90 said:

I said the Crown Prince is weak maybe.....bc I compare JJH with his 

character in Along with God :blush:

If the Crown Prince is as powerful as Have Won Mak, the zombies will be gone in 1 episodes:joy:

15 minutes ago, elfkk said:

I thought this ended in episode 6. There still more? Episode 6 is soo cliffhanger. 

I think Netflix already announced for 2nd season. Maybe that's why the ending is so cliffhanger. I heard rumor the 2nd season will most likely to come in either 2020 or 2021.

• Like 5

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well! I just watched all 6 episodes in one go and wow! I am truly hooked this was such a nice watch and the last episode ended on such a cliffhanger I can't wait for the 2nd season (btw I'm not the biggest fan of zombies but this was truly a great watch)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Soup calamity guy's survival instinct is top notch. 

I feel like I got a caffeine injection or something. I need to take pauses in between, it gets too intense.

I am only on episode 2.  Have to laugh out loud about your soup guy comment.  Is it ok if I laughed? :lol:  I thought the closeup to his bruised fingernail was deliberate... and tada, it came back later.

In a Confucious society that values life after death where we also must treat the deceased in an honorable manner, the poor and suffering cannot afford to hold faith and morality when their king has failed them.  But yes, survival kicks in so we can either see the guy as mad or realistic.

So far, love the look of the show and the editing... the cast, JJH and Bae Doona’s restrained acting make me believe in the story.  Not just an all out horror show with characters acting incoherently so they can die. :lol: I like the quiet moments that episode 1 carved out so we get to know more about the two main characters right away.  How the Crown Prince is acutely awared of his fate all along as a prince in name only but his love for his father runs deeper than all others who conspired to take over the throne.  Because of his bloodline, I think he never understood the need to connect with the people or embrace the role of a leader/prince.  He underestimated himself.  The journey outside of the palace is one of self discovery asides from making him understand why he needs to save his father and country.   Seobi is quite a healer  with good instincts.  I hope she plays a big part in the drama as I continue to watch.

• Like 5

The second season begins in production nest month, Feb

I think , maybe it'll aire in next August !

Bc Netflix wanted make the 1rst season in ...4 months but in the end

it took 2 more months, it means 6 months !

So I think maybe in the end of the year, 

and this time they change the director

the writer is the same.

In this drama, for me, the principals characters are ................... the zombies :mrgreen:

anytime ........anywhere 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Watched this the entire day and now I don't know what to do with my life. Honestly, my husband and I started watching it this morning but he has to go earn a living :D soooo he gave me his permission that I can continue watching on my own. :wub: Hopefully the wait for season 2 will not be that long. Is there an English version of the webcomic on the internet? 

• LOL 3

OH DAYUM I SERIOUSLY WAITED 2 YEARS for this drama to come out and I wasn't disappointed. 

giphy.gif

Except for the fact that there are almost no relevant female characters but that's nothing new in sausagefest-filles asian drama land…but that aside…I am soooo happy that we got an asian high production-zombie-eries with an awesome plot in a crazy setting. I mean, we've seen Zombies like mostly in the present time, sometimes in ww1 or ww2....and often the theme is zombies, war and romance?.... but here we got zombies, history and politics (perhaps potential for romance without overdoing it?)!

IMO they really managed to give this old genre a fresh new twist. If they keep up the quality I really don't mind waiting a whole year for a 6 episode season. I'd just want like 5 seasons to really have the time flesh out the overall story!

SEASON TWO, I NEED U!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, maplinh said:

The zombies are so fast omg, like they actually run

Yeah the zombies in this drama are like the zombies in Brad Pitt's World War Z. They're the worst type of zombies.  :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • LOL 2

Really good series... what a good twist at the end of the episode 6! Now, we have to wait for the next season.

Since their king has become a zombie, then his subjects are becoming like him. So the Crown prince is defending the living subjects, whereas his father represents the people suffering from the disease. Lord Cho Hak Jo is indeed a parasite. He uses the zombies in order to reign over the country. The king has become his puppet. Yet his power and time are still limited as he needs the birth of the new Crown prince in order to reinforce his legitimation. About lord Ahn, I have the impression, he isn't a hero in reality. His fame was bought with the deaths from that village. I guess, lord Ahn is not very different from Lord Cho Hak Jo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maplinh said:

The zombies are so fast omg, like they actually run

That’s what I thought too. The zombies here are not joking around. They run so fast. The people need to have good stamina to survive this :scream:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, diane90 said:

The second season begins in production nest month, Feb

I think , maybe it'll aire in next August !

Bc Netflix wanted make the 1rst season in ...4 months but in the end

it took 2 more months, it means 6 months !

So I think maybe in the end of the year, 

and this time they change the director

the writer is the same.

In this drama, for me, the principals characters are ................... the zombies :mrgreen:

anytime ........anywhere 

Isn’t season 1 planned since 2017? Second season production could be lot faster. But with this huge cost and production and a lot of CG I’m guessing it will be aired in 2020 :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've only watched first eps so far. Idk that 6 eps are released at once haha.

I can't subscribe Netflix because of the local internet provider I use at home so I have to watch it illegally in sites providing k-drama as usual. Of course, Kingdom is better than Rampant but I still prefer Hyunbin's character as the Prince there.

• Like 1

Someone better versed in the korean drama scene, is it known why there will be a new director? And will they be any good, because I loved the first season. And is the cinematographer the same, because that was gorgeous. Although I guess south korea has really good cinematographers overall.

This is basically court politics mixed with action thriller and horror, so good. I usually don't even watch horror or zombie stuff. I just can't wait for more people to watch it so I can have an outlet for my emotions, hahaha. I think it will become big like Train to Busan.

• Like 3

I just finished the drama and I can't wait for the second season (the cinematography :wub:) but I wish the drama took a bit more time with its characters. I really enjoyed Seo Bi and Young Shin characters the most. Ryoo Seung Ryong played his role perfectly too. 

I think it's the kind of drama I can recommend to people who don't watch kdramas.

• Like 3

I know this is a drama, so logic doesn't apply.  But, I wish they didn't have such an obvious plot hole. The solution to the zombie problem has already been presented by both the crown prince and the smart soldier guy, who started the spread of the infection, by feeding the infected corpse to the clinic patients.  Either behead or burn the zombies. Building defenses to keep them in/out is nothing but a stop gap measure. It doesn't eliminate the zombies.

Actually, the mutilated zombies should meet the human 'zombies', i.e., the Cho clan.  Both groups are eating the people alive.  The mutilated ones literally eating people, and the human ones by imposing the taxes and tributes on the people.

I vote that both groups should be deposited on a deserted island, at the same time. :P

If there's no human flesh, will zombies start eating animals?  Then, will there be zombie horses, goats, cows, etc?  :lol:

• LOL 3