[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, liddi said:

@raziela Thank you very much for sharing the the introduction to the universe and the entire backstory, from the books to the casting, characters and the actual production itself. Definitely much needed for me at least, who have never been introduced to the Novoland universe at all. Fingers crossed it delivers and does not leave me tangled up in knots out of confusion. It airs tonight!

You're welcome!  I'm the same as i know nothing about Novoland so I found this incredibly helpful. I've bookmarked the page lol!:lol:

50 minutes ago, liddi said:

@angelangie If it goes downhill, please let the signs be evident early on in the drama. Nonetheless, fingers crossed the 68 eps (~51 Kdrama eps) will deliver all the way, and be one that resonates with me long after it ends, just as Nirvana in Fire 2 has done.

That's my hope also regarding resonance. Nirvana in Fire 2 is one of my favourite dramas too and the yardstick I measure period dramas by.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, liddi said:

@angelangie If it goes downhill, please let the signs be evident early on in the drama. Nonetheless, fingers crossed the 68 eps (~51 Kdrama eps) will deliver all the way, and be one that resonates with me long after it ends, just as Nirvana in Fire 2 has done.

I just think NIF is untouchable to the people who watched it.. i cant think of anyone whose watched the show who does not think its one of the best if not the best Chinese show. 

I have rated other Chinese shows a 10 but in my 10 rating you go from truly master piece and shows that left a big impact and NIF is just a truly master piece. I do hope this show is able to capture my emotions and feelings cause to me that is the type of show i love. 

If this show is fast paced, emotional, well produced and writing then ill be super happy and this will turn out to be one of the best Chinese shows please no draggy scenes that Tribes had.. Tribes had budget issues which means they had to force extend the show thankfully this did not. 

4 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

So Viki and Netflix both dont have sub rights.. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whose going to sub this then.

I wonder if we can ask Cdramabase to sub it (paid, of course). But I'm not sure if they will take it, since I notice they've had some projects in line already.

Here’s an English sub of Director’s commentary before the drama airs today.

I love his line where he says “we want everyone to see how a normal person can become a hero, the journey.. the sacrifice” :wub:

I hope there will be news about sub soon.

It seems like viki’s request page is down today :( 

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Here’s an English sub of Director’s commentary before the drama airs today.

I love his line where he says “we want everyone to see how a normal person can become a hero, the journey.. the sacrifice” :wub:

I hope there will be news about sub soon.

It seems like viki’s request page is down today :( 

He seems to really believe in this show and says a product that wont disappoint.. ahh i hope thats true.

Arggghhhh I am so smad (sad mad) right now :bawling:

The drama has been postponed guys...... 

1 hour before broadcast!!!

(°□°)╯︵┻━┻

Arghhhhhh!!!!! I’m sure NEF will air someday.. but at what cost? More scenes ended in cutting room floor? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:bawling:

9 minutes ago, liddi said:

Broadcast has been cancelled for tonight. Hopefully it's just due to technical glitches rather than restriction issues.

OHHHH my god we better get a update fast i cant deal with waiting. 

7 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Some bad news :( 

Why would NRTA confirm the show for airing and then delay it a hour before starting? 

It does not look good. Tencent, Youku and Zhejiang TV have removed it from the list of recommended watches. Someone on Weibo said that the production side has no idea when it will be broadcast either. Wonder what issue was encountered, to be pulled at the last minute.

3 minutes ago, liddi said:

It does not look good. Tencent, Youku and Zhejiang TV has removed it from the list of recommended watches. Someone on Weibo said that the production side has no idea when it will be broadcast either. Wonder what issue was encountered, to be pulled at the last minute.

God this sucks and seems like a power play i mean who removes it a hour before airing it seems like a big slap in the face to me.. 

@ForgottenSoulx The announcement came just 19 mins before airing, which is cutting it close to the wire. Hopefully it will see the light of day soon. Perhaps there will be a silver lining such that by the time it does air, licensed English subs will be available too.

Incidentally, the last 12 yet-to-air episodes of another Cdrama "The Gods" suddenly went missing as well. Not sure if these are signs of yet another crackdown on period/fantasy dramas.

3 hours ago, liddi said:

@ForgottenSoulx The announcement came just 19 mins before airing, which is cutting it close to the wire. Hopefully it will see the light of day soon. Perhaps there will be a silver lining such that by the time it does air, licensed English subs will be available too.

Incidentally, the last 12 yet-to-air episodes of another Cdrama "The Gods" suddenly went missing as well. Not sure if these are signs of yet another crackdown on period/fantasy dramas.

It's not on period drama since Hunan TV is due to air one featuring Zhang Xin Cheng and Zhou Yu Tong, set in song dynasty? Prince of Tennis was slated to air but they didn't get the perimission to air on TV  yet so the song drama is going to air without pre-hype and marketing. Might be fantasy drama thing though.

Zhejiang TV aired rerun of variety show tonight, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I'm reading the rumors on weibo, and one popular idea is that the it's going to air on or after June 6th so that it doesn't affect the high schoolers taking their college entrance exams. :huh:

There's still no word from any official sources so it's annoying that they're just leaving the audiences hanging like that. -_-

55 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

I'm reading the rumors on weibo, and one popular idea is that the it's going to air on or after June 6th so that it doesn't affect the high schoolers taking their college entrance exams. :huh:

There's still no word from any official sources so it's annoying that they're just leaving the audiences hanging like that. -_-

China companies aren't good at public relations and don't really know how to handle controversial events.

According to this article, the official reasoning was "media reasons" which, IMO, is incredibly vague:

http://ent.163.com/19/0603/22/EGPF258A00038FO9.html

Personally, if there is a legitimate reason for this delay then I don't mind waiting a couple of extra days. Just hope they don't ban or censor the drama.

Archived