[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

It's my most anticipation drama too.I'm just worried about the story because they said that we are going to have 70 episodes. I've read bits and pieces of the novel, and it has a lot of political stuffs (like the tribe conflicts). I hope it wont be boring . 

https://mobile.twitter.com/windchaser97/status/1082130716983320576

I thought it was cut down from 70 to like 50? 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I dont know, but that's the newest twitter (Jan 7th). Before this, they had several adjustments for the number of episodes. The following news were posted on Dec 2018 (check out the posting dates) :

https://mobile.twitter.com/cnewsdevotee/status/1071000335471173632

https://mobile.twitter.com/dramapotatoe/status/1071052420392701952

i hope they not made it endlessly draggy for no reason im worried now. 

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I dont know, but that's the newest twitter (Jan 7th). Before this, they had several adjustments for the number of episodes. The following news were posted on Dec 2018 (check out the posting dates) :

https://mobile.twitter.com/cnewsdevotee/status/1071000335471173632

https://mobile.twitter.com/dramapotatoe/status/1071052420392701952

This does make me worry.  It's not good when SARFT mess with episodes counts as it usually means they either have to cut parts or pad the content.  Hopefully, as the drama isn't going to air for a while it will allow them to edit in a way that isn't detrimental to the characters and the storyline.

11 minutes ago, raziela said:

This does make me worry.  It's not good when SARFT mess with episodes counts as it usually means they either have to cut parts or pad the content.  Hopefully, as the drama isn't going to air for a while it will allow them to edit in a way that isn't detrimental to the characters and the storyline.

It seems like episode's were added rather than cut. 

They were filming for ages, Song Zu'er seems to indicate 9 months? which is a lot. So they likely extended the episode cut after they finished filming and editing it. SARFT would never extend your dramas for you, it's investors who do. But yeah, this series have 6 books compared to Tribes and Empire's 1, so there's plenty of source material to draw from, just a matter of how you adapt it. Side note, Ever Night is 3 times as long as Eagle Eye (380mil characters vs 124mil), so the decision to do 3 season split is pretty wise.

24 minutes ago, rhaps said:

IIRC, this should be 1 season for the whole volumes (6 volumes?). Please cmiiw

They have been filming almost a year and have the biggest budget ever, so i wish it will one and only straight season, make the fully of it, dont let anyone ruin the season 2. If you know what i mean.

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I know what you mean *the drama that must not be named*  :skull:

It should be 1 season, from what I heard. Then, like I've said once, I think I heard that there is a continuation story for this, but it's a different novel. Dunno, I haven't found more info about this

But I didnt wait for it at that time *LOL*

Yeah novland has more stories so would not surprise me if there is more in the works. 

Jiang Nan (the author) essentially abandoned Novoland though so uhhh lol. The pseudo sequel was serialised on a magazine (one of the official novoland magazine, 2008~11, after the original creators of Novoland had a massive falling out) and....never completed. He keeps saying he'll release it completed but then never do LOL. The other novoland series were written by different authors so they are of varying quality and focus, and since the world itself is pretty big and spans vast amount of time, connections are flimsy at best.

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

why dont u like us? :D 

i know too many spoiler i guess....some ppl dislike spoiler.....

Its not that just that most of the thread was literally book talk and it was so fast paced , ML is quite similar but not as fast paced . Sure there is book talk but i guess i just accepted it for ML.

People in EN thread were spoiling mostly stuff from the book and comparing while in ML thread its most the episodes ahead spoiler so more acceptable xd 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, angelangie said:

well another period drama just got an air date too lols the filming took place in 2017 lols so maybe we get this to be film by this year?

when did the filming took place? 2017 too right? :D 

According to:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/08/the-main-trio-of-novoland-eagle-flag.html?

The filming started on end of 2017, and after 9 months they finished it on august 2018, and yesterday on March 2019, they just wrapped up for dubbing, oh wow what a long journey LOL. I have my faith it will be aired this year!

Screenshot-20190304-211236-Weibo-Intl.jp

Err btw @angelangie, can you change this thread title? It is Novoland Eagle Flag, not Novoland Eagle Eye. CMIIW.

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

there are rumors that it will be air during June/2019

just rumors though lols :) 

Yeahhh!!! I was ecstatic to read the rumored airing date! Need to manage my expectation though... airing time is the most unpredictable thing in Cdramaland. 

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

The filming started on end of 2017, and after 9 months they finished it on august 2018, and yesterday on March 2019, they just wrapped up for dubbing, oh wow what a long journey LOL. I have my faith it will be aired this year!

I just hope that the long time they need to finish everything make it at least a decent production. Many are still traumatized by Tribes & Empires. I personally really like T&E, they set the bar high for quality cinematography, and the acting is top notch. But the editing SUCKED big time and ruined the series. I hope the producer of Novoland Eagle Flag learn -- and I mean REALLY learn from it.

I also wish it remains a web series. Or if it got a TV deal, it'd better be NOT Hunan. 

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Yeahhh!!! I was ecstatic to read the rumored airing date! Need to manage my expectation though... airing time is the most unpredictable thing in Cdramaland. 

I just hope that the long time they need to finish everything make it at least a decent production. Many are still traumatized by Tribes & Empires. I personally really like T&E, they set the bar high for quality cinematography, and the acting is top notch. But the editing SUCKED big time and ruined the series. I hope the producer of Novoland Eagle Flag learn -- and I mean REALLY learn from it.

I also wish it remains a web series. Or if it got a TV deal, it'd better be NOT Hunan. 

I havent watched T&E, the long eps scared me away LoL, but i know about the cinematography, and how the casts is superb, beautiful, handsome and like you said their acting very good. IIRC the plot is good but somehow from middle to end or only the end it was dragged? And the producer of NEF is the same with T&E? 

52 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I havent watched T&E, the long eps scared me away LoL, but i know about the cinematography, and how the casts is superb, beautiful, handsome and like you said their acting very good. IIRC the plot is good but somehow from middle to end or only the end it was dragged? And the producer of NEF is the same with T&E? 

They dragged the plot because the source novel isn't long to begin with, and hadn't been finished either. The drama originally planned for about 50 episodes but they prolonged it to 75 to make up for the production cost. I read that the production cost was astronomical because they shot in real locations and used top quality props. The result is too many flashbacks, with bad editing and unfortunately poor writing too. Despite those problems, It still managed to gain around 9 billions views, which is pretty good. (For comparison, RuYi got 7 billions views). 

I don't know if T & E producer is the same with NEF. (But T&E director is directing the upcoming The Longest Day in Chang An). 

Archived