[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

<cut your picture>

who is this man?

Isn't he one of the members of Chenyue?  One of the people who are working for Lei Beichen.  At the very least, Duke Baili recognized him as being from the Li country. 

@a_tumiwa By Yin I assume you mean Dayin Kingdom. It's right in the center where it says 中州 zhong zhou, middle continent. Right next to it, there's faded hard to read 王域 Wang Yu, King's territory, below it is in slightly brighter colours is 天启城 Tianqi Cheng, City of Tianqi. Under it is 宛州 wan zhou, where 楚卫 Chu Wei dukedom (?) is located. It shows up in ep 28, so just noting it here. (下唐 Xiatang and 南淮城 City of Nanhuai is to the left, for other people who might be looking at the map)

I almost said I can't found Li, but I found it! To the right is 澜州 lan zhou, to the left of it is 陈 Chen, below it is 离 Li (just above the cropped out continent name). Above chen, there's 休 Xiu, and to top right there's 晋北 Jin Bei. There's other place names, but I haven't paid too much attention to these so I'll just skip them.

I have been watching the raw episodes, so a lot of what is happening I do not understand.  Is there website with a good novel translation? I want to know what will happen to Asule. Will Jiye and Yuran be together or will Yuran figure out that Asule is the man for her? 

thanks skibbies,

any idea where is the battle at Gubeikou ? its mean Old North Gate right?

the path to capital from Li is actually shorter than to xiatang if we see the map , but looks like there are high mountain terrain that block the path 

it's also said that the Yu (winged tribe, gong yuyi's homeland) is in far north and far east,  but the text is just too blur

19 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

thanks skibbies,

any idea where is the battle at Gubeikou ? its mean Old North Gate right?

the path to capital from Li is actually shorter than to xiatang if we see the map , but looks like there are high mountain terrain that block the path 

it's also said that the Yu (winged tribe, gong yuyi's homeland) is in far north and far east,  but the text is just too blur

I thought it was 古北口 Old North Gate too, because there's a town (and section of Great Wall) near Beijing with the same name. But no, it's 古碑口 Old/Ancient Tablet Gate or something. I've looked high and low for Gubeikou but can't find it in any of the maps I found. To be fair, some were based off old version of the map, and one was new version but didn't have anything labeled. The old map had more dukedoms (Shangtang/Upper Tang for example should be just to the north of Xiatang) listed, IDK if they are omitted from the drama or they forgot to slap it on there. I think I saw some of them mentioned, oh well, minor details.

Anyways, I've seen comments that the battle is drama original?? Since it's entirely mysterious how Li would go through Xiatang to get to Tianqi. Especially when Chuwei is in direct path if you go straight. However, none of the maps actually show how the dukedoms are divided (none of them have borders, it's super annoying) so I guess Xiatang could border Li somehow.

The Winged Tribe was located in upper right, in the Northern Land (? idk how they translated this), across the sea from Lan zhou. It's named 青州 Qing zhou in drama (the map in drama briefly shows it) and newer version of the book, but it used to be 宁州 Ning zhou. The name was changed when they redid the maps. It might be relevant if you happen to watch any other Novoland series.Jiang Nan, the author had a massive falling out with co-creators of Novoland 10+ years ago so he changed some of the geography, history and Wing Tribe setting, I think.

Novoland is called 九州 Jiu zhou, nine continent in Chinese. I mentioned four already, the cropped out one in the map is 越州 Yue zhou, where we started at the beginning of the drama is 瀚州 Han zhou, 殇州 is to the right of that. (Qing zhou is to the left if you are keeping track) Then there's 云州 Yun zhou and 雷州 Lei zhou that's totally not relevant to us across the sea in Western Land. There are also other race besides Winged Tribe in Novoland but I don't think they are really relevant here.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:45 AM, tarjig said:

I have been watching the raw episodes, so a lot of what is happening I do not understand.  Is there website with a good novel translation? I want to know what will happen to Asule. Will Jiye and Yuran be together or will Yuran figure out that Asule is the man for her? 

The drama diverge significantly from the books I believe, and the story was also never finished lol. I really think this series should have giant writing that says "don't come in for the romance" everywhere it's mentioned.

Spoiler

From what I've been told, none of them ends well. We'll see how the drama handles it, but I really don't think Yuran and Asule will work out.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. I have curiosity about princess Xiao Zhou. Does anyone know how her character in the novel? And how she is in the drama? I know the main couple for this drama is yuran and ji ye and couple of ppl who's already read the book said so, but i haven't read it so i don't really know. That's why i'm curious about asule and xiao zhou dynamic in the drama. 

I got this from weibo

0Ax6s4T.jpg

@hamajiin the book, Xiao Zhou was 10 years younger. A girl that Asule saved. Hence, for this drama's viewership experience, this character under went some modifications. So, let us rest and follow this awesome drama as it unfold it's many layers of "awesomeness". Episode 32 ended with a unbearable cliff hanger!!!! Arghhhhh. I recalled there was a captured wolf Lord/Asule's grand dad in the dungeon. I wonder why waste this character? Perhaps, he will have more screen time in the future episodes. I have so many questions...will he be the ONE who helps Asule to regain "behavioral normality"?

This drama is keeping me in suspense.Quite a cliffhanger epi.32. I do feel very sad for Yuran when Asule died.Still even without sub ,it is a tear jerker.Quite confusing on whom Yuran really loves per her aunt’s interpretation.Couldn’t wait for the coming episodes.

So my fellow YouTube viewers, who else was crying when they finally understood all of the crap JiYe was spewing in that rain scene in ep19? :dissapointed_relieved:  I can’t believe the audacity of this kid, trying to play like he doesn’t love Yuran.  And what was even the point?  Duke Baili, General Tuoba and probably all of Xiatang know that Asule/Yuran/JiYe are “a thing” at this point.   He should’ve just told her he liked her, especially because at that point death was pretty certain.  Ugh.  

I have just watched episode 34..and OMG..so much is happening..and the last minutes have me sitting on the edge of my seat...I can´t wait for the subs to really understand, what is going on...this is the drama, I am looking forward to each day!

This drama is keeping me in suspense.Quite a cliffhanger epi.32. I do feel very sad for Yuran when Asule died.Still even without sub ,it is a tear jerker.Quite confusing on whom Yuran really loves per her aunt’s interpretation.Couldn’t wait for the coming episodes.

Wow 33-34, I would like to know what is aunt telling Yuran...don't understand anything
Yeah subtitle only up to 19...
I still like yuran more, because the princess is still the same character, I cannot warm up to her, she is really ncie and warm, but no smiling and and fun or some strong character.

is it only me? I feel that princess character is main lead now,she's everywhere since ep 21 till last night ep or maybe till the end since she's asule's everything now:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

till last night ep I really can't watch her anymore :lol: I even can't watch other characters and drama now,bcos she's always with asule :sweatingbullets: (I love this drama bcos asule character and trio friendship) 

sorry for ranting here:lol: when you love drama so much than there's unimportant annoying character,it can make you hate drama more:lol:

maybe I'll watch this drama again if her character already gone:D or if she'll end up with asule character,it will be my bad luck,bcos I can't watch LHR great acting as asule anymore :bawling:

@Erafera1i beg to defer. I love Xiao zhou very much. She cares, adores and loves Asule. Whereas, YR just receives the tender love from Asule but carefreely announcing they are best pals. Making Asule so pitiful. I guess I share similar sentiment with a large majority of Chinese viewers in China. The character YR was acted well but I dislike the character development. It would be good if YR develops slowly to become a more mature lady. Thoughtful and insightful. Thus, I find her immature and irritating.

@Erafera1 Same here, I mean the first thing when she said at 20, you are crown prince...so do some polictics and not nice night with your new wife. She is nice but she is to much and to nice and everywhere....I watched till 36 and still everywhere the princess. And she is always nice...Yeah she is nice, also beautiful...but also Asule did loved yuran till his memory loss and they are like throwing the princess all the time at him, that we love her and he also, but it is to much for me. Maybe if should be sometimes fun and not so lady and not everywhere where asule goes, I mean in 36 he goes alone from bed at night and she has to get up in the night and go behind him, little bit like stalker. He could go to toilette only, but no, let us follow him everywhere....Less would be nice, I would like her more I think she could be also nice for Asuele, because he knows and we know, Yuran is a girl who will not changed her direction. Yuran needs to mature, I agree, but I like her really a lot, her character is fun and lively. I am looking forward when Asule goes his way and gets stronger for himself and Yuran goes to her winged tribe and is stronger and Ji Ye, yeah Jiye wanted always one thing, be some great general...

Archived