Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

For anyone who wants to know more about the story, drama, characters, novel, writer, cast crew, everything, Liu Haoran Updates account on Twitter has written an incredibly detailed and interesting guide and Introduction to Novoland Eagle Flag. It's long but worth it! 

https://liuhaoranintl.com/2019/05/30/an-introduction-to-novoland-eagle-flag

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

@raziela Thank you very much for sharing the the introduction to the universe and the entire backstory, from the books to the casting, characters and the actual production itself. Definitely much needed for me at least, who have never been introduced to the Novoland universe at all. Fingers crossed it delivers and does not leave me tangled up in knots out of confusion. It airs tonight!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

On 5/31/2019 at 6:08 PM, epinklyn said:

Hopefully, i dont want to finish 68 eps with tragic ending :joy:

yes i know what u mean....sticking to a drama that long and to have bad ending :/ is really....a downer 

• LOL 3

@angelangie If it goes downhill, please let the signs be evident early on in the drama. Nonetheless, fingers crossed the 68 eps (~51 Kdrama eps) will deliver all the way, and be one that resonates with me long after it ends, just as Nirvana in Fire 2 has done.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, liddi said:

@raziela Thank you very much for sharing the the introduction to the universe and the entire backstory, from the books to the casting, characters and the actual production itself. Definitely much needed for me at least, who have never been introduced to the Novoland universe at all. Fingers crossed it delivers and does not leave me tangled up in knots out of confusion. It airs tonight!

You're welcome!  I'm the same as i know nothing about Novoland so I found this incredibly helpful. I've bookmarked the page lol!:lol:

50 minutes ago, liddi said:

@angelangie If it goes downhill, please let the signs be evident early on in the drama. Nonetheless, fingers crossed the 68 eps (~51 Kdrama eps) will deliver all the way, and be one that resonates with me long after it ends, just as Nirvana in Fire 2 has done.

That's my hope also regarding resonance. Nirvana in Fire 2 is one of my favourite dramas too and the yardstick I measure period dramas by.

• Like 2

And we are back ! I can't contain my excitement so here are some amazing scaps of Lv Guichen

Spoiler

ImageImage

Excerpt of what are his thoughts about this upcoming drama 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, liddi said:

er......er.....lols wait i go ask a shaman :D 

• LOL 5

46 minutes ago, liddi said:

I just think NIF is untouchable to the people who watched it.. i cant think of anyone whose watched the show who does not think its one of the best if not the best Chinese show. 

I have rated other Chinese shows a 10 but in my 10 rating you go from truly master piece and shows that left a big impact and NIF is just a truly master piece. I do hope this show is able to capture my emotions and feelings cause to me that is the type of show i love. 

If this show is fast paced, emotional, well produced and writing then ill be super happy and this will turn out to be one of the best Chinese shows please no draggy scenes that Tribes had.. Tribes had budget issues which means they had to force extend the show thankfully this did not. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Here comes the talks about the child actors.  :D:D

I wouldnt have minded younger actors for a few episodes they were the best thing about tribes and empires.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

So Viki and Netflix both dont have sub rights.. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whose going to sub this then.

I wonder if we can ask Cdramabase to sub it (paid, of course). But I'm not sure if they will take it, since I notice they've had some projects in line already.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Here’s an English sub of Director’s commentary before the drama airs today.

I love his line where he says “we want everyone to see how a normal person can become a hero, the journey.. the sacrifice” :wub:

I hope there will be news about sub soon.

It seems like viki’s request page is down today :( 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Here’s an English sub of Director’s commentary before the drama airs today.

I love his line where he says “we want everyone to see how a normal person can become a hero, the journey.. the sacrifice” :wub:

I hope there will be news about sub soon.

It seems like viki’s request page is down today :( 

He seems to really believe in this show and says a product that wont disappoint.. ahh i hope thats true.

• Sad 1

Arggghhhh I am so smad (sad mad) right now :bawling:

The drama has been postponed guys...... 

1 hour before broadcast!!!

(°□°)╯︵┻━┻

Arghhhhhh!!!!! I’m sure NEF will air someday.. but at what cost? More scenes ended in cutting room floor? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:bawling:

• Sad 5

Hopefully it's just due to technical glitches rather than restriction issues. The latter is far more tricky to navigate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, liddi said:

Broadcast has been cancelled for tonight. Hopefully it's just due to technical glitches rather than restriction issues.

OHHHH my god we better get a update fast i cant deal with waiting. 

7 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Some bad news :( 

Why would NRTA confirm the show for airing and then delay it a hour before starting?