Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

Recommended Posts

 There was an ad for “my robot boyfriend” on Zhejiang tv with an air date of June 11 at 10pm. It looks like Novoland Eagle flag won’t be airing this week or any time soon.

 

Why are china such richard simmons idiots and love to sabotage their own scene.. how can you confirm a show then last minute take it off air?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy! I have been waited for this drama to air since last year and then this?? Sometime I just don't get how China government operates for this entertainment sector. If you already licensed a show, you need to stick to your decision. This kind of uncertainty habit would not make them look good to their people anyway. First time I saw something like this happened was Legend of the White Snake. But this is worse....... Anybody know what is the public reaction in China?

 

I smell dirty politic in this. Perhaps some problem in the higher ups; because it makes no sense to just postponed a drama already scheduled for airing just a few minutes before it airs. I believe the story is not the problem. It already passed censorship, what more they want? Also, it has not even aired yet. Nobody could complain about the story not good for children or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xienrue said:

This is crazy! I have been waited for this drama to air since last year and then this?? Sometime I just don't get how China government operates for this entertainment sector. If you already licensed a show, you need to stick to your decision. This kind of uncertainty habit would not make them look good to their people anyway. First time I saw something like this happened was Legend of the White Snake. But this is worse....... Anybody know what is the public reaction in China?

 

I smell dirty politic in this. Perhaps some problem in the higher ups; because it makes no sense to just postponed a drama already scheduled for airing just a few minutes before it airs. I believe the story is not the problem. It already passed censorship, what more they want? Also, it has not even aired yet. Nobody could complain about the story not good for children or something like that.

 

Rumor was someone reported this drama which caused it to get pulled off at the last minute. A NEF fan blogger wrote a good description of what's happened:

 

" Giving a more comprehensive answer since everyone's curious (but the short answer is that no one - including industry insiders - really knows what's going on):

 

1) The unofficial word is that Zhejiang TV is giving it one week - they will continue to air Keep Running reruns this week as Linmon (with the help of Youku, Tencent, and possibly ZJTV) scrambles to get the green light to air again. This is mostly due to 1) ZJTV spent a lot purchasing broadcasting rights for NEF, 2) it's supposed to be one of their headliner dramas this year, and 3) they don't have a backup new drama that can immediately take the slot as they need time to get a broadcasting license as well.

 

2) What happens in a week then? If NEF still can't get cleared, then that's it - ZJTV will air a new drama, and it'll be pretty much confirmed that NEF won't be airing on TV this year, as ZJTV has the rest of its lineup for the year already set. And the second half/third of the year will be all dramas dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the PRC.

 

3) You might ask then, what about just an online broadcast then through Youku and Tencent? It depends on the severity of the issue, since technically webdramas and TV dramas are supposed to be held to the same standards now, but Youku just dropped another teaser yesterday, so it seems like they're saying "we're good to go". However, this is a problem for later - Linmon's short term goals will be focused primarily on getting a TV broadcast.

 

4) As for why the drama got pulled - no one knows. Everyone - the production team, industry insiders, cast, etc. - were blindsided. Jiang Nan confirmed yesterday that he doesn't know why either.

 

The rumor out there is that someone reported NEF to NRTA in the eleventh hour. It wasn't initiated by NRTA because they already issued the broadcasting license and would've been inactive that late at night, but if a third party raises an alarm that they think there might be inappropriate (read: sensitive) content in the drama, NRTA is forced to retract and re-examine (this is supposedly what happened to Hunan TV's Investiture of the Gods too - though in their case Hunan TV just axed it since it was already airing).

 

That's why the solution won't be as easy as "edit stuff out" either - there are a lot of moving parts here in a constantly changing political environment.

 

The NEF production team did everything right, they obtained the right licenses and followed all the proper processes. But the rules changed on them last minute, and while it is immensely unfair, they aren't the first (though this close to premiere is unprecedented), and they won't be the last, unfortunately.

 

Industry journalists don't seem very optimistic at this stage that things can be resolved in a week, but I guess we'll just have to see."

 

source: https://curiouscat.me/eagleflag_intl/post/894103223

 

 

  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

So Zhejiang TV ended up airing Running Man again tonight in the time slot. #stopplayingwithmyheart :tears:

 

They were planning to air another show there though.. wtf is going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

They were planning to air another show there though.. wtf is going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

 

Dunno, but My Robot Boyfriend is confirmed to not be airing after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest news/rumour is that Zhejiang TV still tries to get EF on air in the coming weeks, so they empty the time slot (withhold My Robot Boyfriend) to wait for a final decision. We just have to be patient.

  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sonicwave said:

The latest news/rumour is that Zhejiang TV still tries to get EF on air in the coming weeks, so they empty the time slot (withhold My Robot Boyfriend) to wait for a final decision. We just have to be patient.

Apparently now over the sea I come to you rumored to air on  thursday at 10 pm which would be eagle flag time slot ;p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Apparently now over the sea I come to you rumored to air on  thursday at 10 pm which would be eagle flag time slot ;p 

Yes it's true, but Over the Sea is a 7:30 drama, and 10:00 is just a temporary rebroadcast to fill the empty time, it doesn't really contradict the previous news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sonicwave said:

Yes it's true, but Over the Sea is a 7:30 drama, and 10:00 is just a temporary rebroadcast to fill the empty time, it doesn't really contradict the previous news.

 

Ah so they would air at different times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

Ah so they would air at different times?

According to rumored schedule, Over the Sea will air at 7:30 from 6.13 every day, and temporarily rebroadcasted at 10:00 from 6.13 Monday to Thursday, until furthur notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually kind of feel bad for My Robot Boyfriend, why announce it and try to market it if you are trying to get Novoland to air. This is real wild.

  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, skibbies said:

I actually kind of feel bad for My Robot Boyfriend, why announce it and try to market it if you are trying to get Novoland to air. This is real wild.

Actually there isn't much announcement or marketing for MRB, just a short promo the day before. Most are rumours and insiders' speculation, not confirmed by the TV station. Chinese TV schedules are volatile enough, these days even more so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sonicwave said:

Actually there isn't much announcement or marketing for MRB, just a short promo the day before. Most are rumours and insiders' speculation, not confirmed by the TV station. Chinese TV schedules are volatile enough, these days even more so.

It had TV promo and it was on TV schedule, that's usually confirmation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still a chance:

 

Quote

Here’s the current situation: ZJTV decided not to air My Robot Boyfriend after all in the last minute and is keeping the 10pm slot drama-less for now. They didn’t explain why, but yes, speculation is because they’re still desperately trying to get NEF approved.

 

Currently, and possibly for the rest of June, they are showing Keep Running reruns (they were going to show reruns of another drama but had to nix that).

 

So yes, the hope is technically still alive, but still quite small. There are a couple reasons why ZJTV is being really persistent about this:

 

1) They made a LOT of commercial money on NEF. This is probably the biggest reason according to the ZJTV tieba - the company itself is currently split in terms of opinion on what to do, and it’s largely the advertisement dept that wants them to hold out a little longer. If/when they give up, they’ll have to return the funds they’ve already received.

 

2) NEF is a big time production and would ideally garner a lot of buzz, especially since it was supposed to be in the coveted summer slot. It was supposed to be one of ZJTV’s headliner dramas for the year. So the thought process is probably: since we don’t have anything ideal to replace it with, why not give it our 100% to make one final push for it to air this summer?

 

3) They really only have until the end of June - which is when NEF’s broadcasting (for TV) license expires (they’re usually good for 30 days). So since there’s a deadline anyways, they might as well just try.

 

So what happens after June? NEF will have to resubmitted to NRTA and It’ll officially be PRC anniversary season anyways so it might be end of the year/early next year before rumors pop up again. I will add - NRTA officially announced a couple days ago that they’ve let the TV stations know to start prioritizing dramas dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the PRC, which is earlier than expected, so hope gets even a little more slimmer.

 

But yes, until the end of June, there’s still hope.

 

https://curiouscat.me/eagleflag_intl/post/901259105

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think this really may be airing on Monday/Tuesday because I see the promo clips back on the youtube channel that's officially uploading the drama. And all of the trailers and clips promoting the show are available to watch again on Zhejiang TV's youtube channel, which were previously hidden/deleted, I believe. Let's hope it really happens. 

 

Edit: Everyone is saying it's Monday on weibo, if there aren't anymore surprises or accidents. And the youtube channel I mentioned above, apparently they uploaded 11 new clips, I have no idea how true that is because I read it on douban, and I can't verify because I never watched the clips before. :sweatingbullets: But all of this looks promising though. 

Edited by MidnightRain
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Le sigh, now people are saying it's airing tomorrow. Lol, so much uncertainty going around.

 

However, the official mobile game that's supposed to launch when the show airs also put out a notice just over the weekend hinting that the show and the game are coming soon so...

 

:tears:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 5:11 PM, MidnightRain said:

I think this really may be airing on Monday/Tuesday because I see the promo clips back on the youtube channel that's officially uploading the drama. And all of the trailers and clips promoting the show are available to watch again on Zhejiang TV's youtube channel, which were previously hidden/deleted, I believe. Let's hope it really happens. 

 

Edit: Everyone is saying it's Monday on weibo, if there aren't anymore surprises or accidents. And the youtube channel I mentioned above, apparently they uploaded 11 new clips, I have no idea how true that is because I read it on douban, and I can't verify because I never watched the clips before. :sweatingbullets: But all of this looks promising though. 

 

11 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Le sigh, now people are saying it's airing tomorrow. Lol, so much uncertainty going around.

 

However, the official mobile game that's supposed to launch when the show airs also put out a notice just over the weekend hinting that the show and the game are coming soon so...

 

:tears:

Thank you very much for the update! 

 

*sigh*<_< All this uncertainty but at least it seems like something positive is coming and the dram will air soon.  Not that we can take anything for granted until we are watching the opening credits roll :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, raziela said:

 

Thank you very much for the update! 

 

*sigh*<_< All this uncertainty but at least it seems like something positive is coming and the dram will air soon.  Not that we can take anything for granted until we are watching the opening credits roll :lol:

 

No problem! :)

 

Hopefully it does air soon, this time around a lot of reputable sources on weibo are saying it's tomorrow. But then again, this show and The Investiture of the Gods from last month have taught me that nothing is ever certain in drama land. Lol I'm such a Debbie Downer. :sweatingbullets:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Le sigh, now people are saying it's airing tomorrow. Lol, so much uncertainty going around.

 

However, the official mobile game that's supposed to launch when the show airs also put out a notice just over the weekend hinting that the show and the game are coming soon so...

 

:tears:

 

im not seeing anything on this....even though it does circulate around that it was suppose to air today....however Baidu and Weibo seems to be quiet about this airing currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...