sugarplum892

j4WK8f.jpg

cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title: 长安十二时辰
English title: The Longest Day in Chang’an

Genre: Action, Fiction

Episodes: 60

Director: Cao Dun (Tribes and Empires 九州·海上牧云记 From Survivor to Healer 爱上你治愈我)

Broadcast Period: 6/29/2019

Cast:

Jackson Yi Yangqianxi

Lei Jiayin

Synopsis:

Li Mi (Jackson Yi), the head of the Chang’an’s anti-terror department, and Zhang Xiao Jing (Lei Jia Yin), a detective-turned-prisoner, must work together to ensure the safety of the people by investigating a mysterious infiltration of the city.

With lives at stake and less than 24 hours left, can these two work together to outsmart the brilliant mastermind behind the crime?

Cr Viki

The Longest Day in Chang’an 长安十二时辰 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Longest Day in Chang’an 长安十二时辰 Viki Episodes

The Longest Day in Chang’an 长安十二时辰 Raw Episodes

Tribes and Empires 九州·海上牧云记 Official Drama Thread

From Survivor to Healer 爱上你治愈我 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without much fanfare, The Longest Day in Changan finally came out today!!!!! Horee!!

If I’m not mistaken viki is going to sub this right? I hope they get a good subber for this drama. 

This looks really good from the episodes that's already out, don't know how they're going to stretch 24 hours in 60 eps:sweatingbullets: was surprised also when this just aired suddenly.

Is Viki really going to subbed this? I might just wait until it's subbed then

Thank youuuu for making a thread of this! Watched only 2 episodes, and am loving it so far. (And this is coming from someone who doesn't speak Mandarin). 

5 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

This looks really good from the episodes that's already out, don't know how they're going to stretch 24 hours in 60 eps:sweatingbullets: was surprised also when this just aired suddenly.

Is Viki really going to subbed this? I might just wait until it's subbed then

It IS stretching indeed. With Cao Dun helming it, I'm very worried we might end up with a lot of flashbacks. On the other hand, cinematography is guaranteed to be great, and his company has great actors (Zhou Yiwei, Reyizha, .. and Lu Fansheng? I'm actually not sure if the latter is from the same company).

But I also remember reading that they're not going to air all 60 episodes. Season 1 is around 25 episodes, and the rest is saved for Season 2 (and maybe 3). 

Viki is said to have the license, and there are rumors they'll start July 1, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, caranita said:

It IS stretching indeed. With Cao Dun helming it, I'm very worried we might end up with a lot of flashbacks. On the other hand, cinematography is guaranteed to be great, and his company has great actors (Zhou Yiwei, Reyizha, .. and Lu Fansheng? I'm actually not sure if the latter is from the same company).

But I also remember reading that they're not going to air all 60 episodes. Season 1 is around 25 episodes, and the rest is saved for Season 2 (and maybe 3). 

Viki is said to have the license, and there are rumors they'll start July 1, but we'll see.

Cool, even though I'm unfamiliar with Chinese companies:sweatingbullets:, but so far I've seen all the sets, costumes and production looks solid, all the actors act pretty well so far also.

If they really going to separate into 2 seasons, I'd prefer they finish the Lantern festival conspiracy in Chang'an in 1st season and then go to the western region for the next season, cause I think there's an indication all the troubles are from the western region (if I don't understand it wrongly anyway, the conversation is pretty hard for my level and they all talk so fast:bawling:) I'd prefer that anyway rather than too much flashback.

I also hope it's not really 24 hours stretch into 60 eps, cause it's going to look unbelievable quite fast, imo.

22 hours ago, caranita said:

Yeah this season is slated for 25 episodes. The rest was in post production back in January, which should be finished by now, but not sure if they sent it for check up yet? Costume/historical have been running into brick wall trying to air for past few months, which is why this aired without much fanfare. This is a web drama, so I guess there's still chance s2 would air later this year? 

Regarding the 24 hours, a poster (Erudite) in My DramaList offers an interesting piece of info:

Episode 1 is shown to begin at time between 09:00 to 10:00 (modern 24-hour clock). The series is meant to cover at least "24 hours" in Chang An. 

Tang Dynasty China had a system to divide time of day using a twelve dual-hour notation and also 24 hours thru an extended notation.
In beginning of episode 1 the sun-dial is at 巳初 or the hour between 09:00 to 10:00
In episode 12, the sun-dial is at 未正 or the hour between 14:00 to 15:00
(Screen time in the series is stretched out by flashbacks and events that occurred concurrently at different locations)

Trivia: Ancient China actually has many smaller units for time measurement, eg the time unit of 弹指 seen in many Wuxia stories is 5 seconds.

Before Viki came up with subbed episodes -- 3 eps so far -- I tried to watch the released ones raw. Turned out I BADLY need subs, since the conversations are crucial to the whole plot. It's captivating so far and deserves its high douban score. The release of 1 subbed episode per day is perfect for me personally, but those who like to marathon may want to wait until the weekend. 

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Regarding the 24 hours, a poster (Erudite) in My DramaList offers an interesting piece of info:

Before Viki came up with subbed episodes -- 3 eps so far -- I tried to watch the released ones raw. Turned out I BADLY need subs, since the conversations are crucial to the whole plot. It's captivating so far and deserves its high douban score. The release of 1 subbed episode per day is perfect for me personally, but those who like to marathon may want to wait until the weekend. 

The subtitles on Viki as of now contain some errors, which is to be expected as the dialogues make heavy uses of classical Chinese. Native speakers in China (who should have received some training in classical Chinese in high school) are complaining that they have to use Chinese subtitles and look up phrases on the internet to understand the more difficult part of the dialogues.

Some of the mistranslations are actually detrimental to understanding the plot. For example, Jackson Yi's character Li Bi was the deputy chief, not the chief, of the bureau (I bet even a lot of native Mandarin speakers don't know this because they are unfamiliar with the Tang bureaucracy!). Thinking he's the chief will likely result in confusion over the political dynamics. The sub team is probably working to fix the errors but the Chinese required is on a whole other level than, say, the Story of Ming Lan. 

Anyway this show deserves more than one viewing, so maybe watch it now and rewatch later when the subtitles are properly done?

43 minutes ago, RSMasterfade said:

For example, Jackson Yi's character Li Bi was the deputy chief, not the chief, of the bureau (I bet even a lot of native Mandarin speakers don't know this because they are unfamiliar with the Tang bureaucracy!).

I was quite confused when watching indeed, but I thought it was just the nomenclature. So thank you for the information! I guess the chief is Director He?

Ahh yes.. thankyou for the tips @RSMasterfade 

My personal preference for watching a thrilling drama like these would be to binged it in one go..  because the people here is racing against time... and I want to feel that excitement too.. lols... 

Anyway... Has anyone heard how many episode is going to air for the first season?

TIA :wub:

7 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Anyway... Has anyone heard how many episode is going to air for the first season?

CMIIW, the first season will have 25 episodes. So, they're actually already halfway in China! LOL.

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Is it heavy to understand?

It is quite confusing in the beginning. But by episode 2, we've got the gist about the main story, and the political plays. The English sub is very, VERY helpful, although it may not be dead accurate (as per @RSMasterfade above). Even now, not all characters' names are included in the subs.

5 hours ago, caranita said:

It is quite confusing in the beginning. But by episode 2, we've got the gist about the main story, and the political plays. The English sub is very, VERY helpful, although it may not be dead accurate (as per @RSMasterfade above). Even now, not all characters' names are included in the subs.

Yes, just to clarify, the current translation is adequate, so by all means watch the show! In any case, one doesn't have to understand the show 100% to enjoy it. 

5 minutes ago, RSMasterfade said:

Episodes 13-16 are released in China. The show is truly going from strength to strength. Too bad I just don't know what to do with myself while waiting for the next batch of goodies.

I guess being heavily dependent on English subs has its own perk here LOL. I'm slowly watching it, one episode per day, maybe rewatching on the weekends :).

Do you have any information when season 2 is scheduled to air? Wait, it's no use, since it can be ANY time deemed fit by NRTA. 

2 hours ago, caranita said:

I guess being heavily dependent on English subs has its own perk here LOL. I'm slowly watching it, one episode per day, maybe rewatching on the weekends :).

Do you have any information when season 2 is scheduled to air? Wait, it's no use, since it can be ANY time deemed fit by NRTA. 

Unfortunately, no. The vfx effects in this drama is the best I've seen so far for C-drama and the editing is clearly done with extreme thoughts and care, so I don't mind if they take their time with post-production for season 2 even though I desperately NEED more. Now after seeing properly cut Tang-era costumes on screen I just can't go back watching shows filled with men wearing stupid extra-slim robes that are three sizes too small. 

Archived