Episodes: 64

Director: An Jian (Decoded 解密, Entrepreneurial Age 创业时代) and Zhang Ting

Broadcast Period: 12/17/2019

Cast:

Tang Wei as Sun Ruowei 

Zhu Yawen as  Zhu Zhanji 

Zhang Yixing as Zhu Qizhen

Synopsis:

Sun Ruowei entire family is killed on the orders of the Yongle Emperor in 1402, though she escapes death after being secretly adopted by Sun Zhong. Sun Ruowei becomes the concubine of crown prince Zhu Zhanji by chance, and continues to investigate the truth behind her family’s death.

However, Sun Ruowei decides to abandon her revenge plans after realising how dangerous it would be to destabilise the court for her own personal goals. Touched by Zhu Zhanji’s kindness, Sun Ruowei resolves to become a virtuous empress who can support him in times of hardship. Unfortunately Zhu Zhanji passes away after a decade on the throne, and Sun Ruowei is honoured as Empress Dowager once her 7 year old Zhu Qizhen ascends the throne.

(Source: cfensi.wordpress)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Ming Dynasty 大明風華 Raw Episodes

Decoded 解密 Official Drama Thread

Entrepreneurial Age 创业时代 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
 l LavelyShai

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, Kachan02 said:

I like this as I know Fl will be empress and falls in love with emperor. So it will be happy ending:grin:

Will she be empress? I thought she was consort and rise to power when her son was crown prince? 

19 hours ago, A1mm3 said:
On 12/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, Kachan02 said:

I like this as I know Fl will be empress and falls in love with emperor. So it will be happy ending:grin:

Will she be empress? I thought she was consort and rise to power when her son was crown prince? 

The first ep and first scene is shown as empress. Yes she rises in power to be empress

this show is soo good!! haven't seen one chinese one that is so good since forever!

BUT the subtitles on youtube are richard simmons.. 

I love zhu zhan zhi. never seen this actor before though.. love watching him with tang wei hehe 

Can someone tell me if the emperor jianwen that ruowei and her dad is working for is actually the 2nd son ?????

4 hours ago, poipoipo said:

this show is soo good!! haven't seen one chinese one that is so good since forever!

BUT the subtitles on youtube are richard simmons.. 

I love zhu zhan zhi. never seen this actor before though.. love watching him with tang wei hehe 

Can someone tell me if the emperor jianwen that ruowei and her dad is working for is actually the 2nd son ?????

Don't think so. Emperor Yongle called jianwen his zhi zi which means nephew not son (right?).

6 hours ago, YEETpigeon said:

Does the younger sister end up being empress first?

yeah I think so. :( it's going to be interesting to see them both married to the same guy. The preview shows announcing her as tai sun fei (main) (0.17 -0.18) and tang wei as tai sun pin (consort/concubine) (0.21-0.22). They're both pregnant at the same time (0.25). :scream:

13 hours ago, YEETpigeon said:

Don't think so. Emperor Yongle called jianwen his zhi zi which means nephew not son (right?).

Oh yes I know Jianwen was his nephew.. I meant that Ruo wei, nie xing and xu bin are working for someone called "emperor", who we all (I assumed ) was the deposed Emperor Jianwen.. BUT, turns out Huang Fu is working under the 2nd uncle, which means that Ruowei and co, were lied to . They were used into assassinating Emperor Yongle, by the 2nd uncle. But for what reason????

this is so confusing. I am watching the show with google translate subtitles which are more often confusing than not :(

can someone confirm this ? 

Also, is the younger sister going to turn out evil ? 

6 hours ago, moon-flower said:

yeah I think so. :( it's going to be interesting to see them both married to the same guy. The preview shows announcing her as tai sun fei (main) (0.17 -0.18) and tang wei as tai sun pin (consort/concubine) (0.21-0.22). They're both pregnant at the same time (0.25). :scream:

I know i dont like the polygamy in period dramas :( its so annoying to watch especially when you are rooting for the male lead to be together with the female lead, then you have to accept the fact that he goes and marry someone else too and gets her pregnant :( 

but thing is right, this is fictional!!! so why cant the writers write something fictional instead of sticking close to actual historical events! 

they could have just made Tai Sun marry Shan xing and not get her pregnant..

7 hours ago, moon-flower said:

Thanks for confirming. I kinda don't get it tho. Isn't the ML already rather invested in the FL (as of ep 16)?

Archived